yeetus
Reactions: 3

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by yeetus »

Fuck

Reactions:

Post by 2625 »

FUCK thats not good anyone have the video…
Also I hope cait and Steph don’t rush back ffs hamstrings need to be fully healthy

Reactions:

Post by guest »

yeetus wrote:
17 Apr 2023, 21:35

Fuck
lynn williams vibes: "you don't need arms to play soccer" 🤞🏽

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good to see Catley back today. Sucks for Arsenal though that their players are dropping like flies.

Reactions:

Post by 2937 »

Katrina gorry seems to be ok in her insta storie with harper

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tonight day for Kerr today. It would be amazing to see her play with the best midfielders in the world to see what a difference it makes. She’s just not getting the service at Chelsea these days.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 23:41
Tonight day for Kerr today. It would be amazing to see her play with the best midfielders in the world to see what a difference it makes. She’s just not getting the service at Chelsea these days.
I have to disagree. I simply adore our Sammy but she has struggled in the CL against big teams. She destroys the lower ranked teams but can't seem to get it up for the big guys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 00:22
Guest wrote:
I have to disagree. I simply adore our Sammy but she has struggled in the CL against big teams. She destroys the lower ranked teams but can't seem to get it up for the big guys.
Her best Chelsea game was against Wolfsburg in the CL, so you really dont know what are you talking about.
Chelsea played very different back then, with Kirby and harder supporting the creative play.
Now it's long ball to Sam and pray she works her magic.
Context matters.

It's incredible what she did this season for Chelsea with so little support and being always available. They are still in the race for a few thropies thanks to some of her "out of the hat" goals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Chelsea barely had possession of the ball in the second half. Pretty difficult for a striker to perform when the players who are responsible for getting her the ball don’t touch it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She is still in her prime. Her aerial movement today was so good setting up the only two good chances for Chelsea.
Idk for how long her contract runs but a serious talk with Emma is needed.

I also read Foord re injured herself? Is this true? <_<

Reactions:

Post by 1816 »

Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 01:04
Guest wrote:
She is still in her prime. Her aerial movement today was so good setting up the only two good chances for Chelsea.
Idk for how long her contract runs but a serious talk with Emma is needed.

I also read Foord re injured herself? Is this true? <_<
Yes ankle apparently…
I really just wanna wrap all out girls up in bubble wrap a… I legit can’t believe Leah done her acl

Reactions:

Post by 2826 »

Far out makkka had a shocker today :( I do hope having the hearing aids dosnt affect her form

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Steph is back. But Charlie is so good. what to do now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 15:54
She hasn't quite displaced Steph yet in my opinion.
Steph is still above Charli in the depth chart so long as she's moderately fit and healthy. Charli is becoming a very good player and still young but there were moments in the recent friendlies she showed that she's still a bit 'green' at senior international level. At times recently we also missed Steph's killer left foot and her set pieces. And don't forget that Steph is vice captain of the team and her leadership alongside Sam is a valuable asset while she's out on the pitch.
Charli will be a good backup to have and maybe even allow Steph who's quite injury prone to be rested sometimes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is the doco dropping at midnight? if so is it midnight aest or the latest possible midnight here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 13:37
is the doco dropping at midnight? if so is it midnight aest or the latest possible midnight here?
What's taking them so long to release it? I swear if they release it at 12am pacific time USA which is when a lot of their shows are released that would be so dumb when this has been primarily marketed towards Australians. That would be bloody 5pm AEST!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Agree with the OP. Sam is a great striker and a finisher, but she needs something to finish. Long balls only work against leaky defences. Barcelona and Lyon aren’t gonna make many simple errors. What do you want Sam to do, score off a chance long ball that lands nowhere near her?

Chelsea completely gave up competing in the midfield in the Barcelona game second half. In general they have changed their playing style this year when missing Kirby and Harder. Much less fluent play and more long balls. Many of her goals this season came on the odd off chance. Compared to 2020/21 season (Kerr-by season) when at least half her goals were tap ins or getting to a rebound (which are typical number 9 goals). She has about half the goals in league play this season compared to 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. Not fewer overall though, still a high count at 25 thanks to many goals in the FA cup and League cup.

It’s kind of a tall order to have the best striker in the world and expect her to be content long term if she’s being shut out of games and left making dead end runs. I think Australia had similar problems when facing strong teams? Not usually as dominant as Chelsea tends to be. But somehow they seem to almost always find a way of getting the ball to her and to be involved in games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 15:54
Well you play Steph and put Grant on the bench :) Or find a way for both of them to be on the pitch, like playing Grant in front of Catley. She is much improved and will grow even more in confidence from scoring a great goal, but she still gets beat a lot out on the flank. The most important thing she brings right now is that the drop off isn’t as big in case Catley can’t play. With every position you can say that for, it makes Australia less vulnerable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The doco is so good. They make me want to rip my hair out at times watching them play but I love these players and this team :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone know how to watch the doco in the US. I looked at Disney but don’t see it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:29
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:08
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 11:46
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 11:34
The doco is so good. They make me want to rip my hair out at times watching them play but I love these players and this team :dramaqueen:
A bit disappointed so far if I'm honest. Typical that Mewis managed to wangle her way into being front and center, want to see more of the girls not her.
da
:eyeroll: ffs only on l chat would you have someone complaining about a gay player's same sex partner being featured. if you look for something negative in it that's what you'll find.
sam is one of main protagonists so obviously her girlfriend gets a feature. daan is in it a good bit too since ellie is the other main protagonist.
if you can't see how impactful it is for fuckin disney to openly show multiple wlw relationships in something like this then i don't know what to tell you.
I don't think they were referring to the same sex partner aspect. I may be wrong, but I think the OP was talking about mewis desperate need to suck any attention she can get. It's annoying. She needs to accomplish something on her own instead of mooching all Sammy's fame. Can't stand her and would love for Sammy to find someone who isn't so awful and full of herself. Mewis is too unlikeable for our Sammy.
I admit that I don’t follow Kristie in socials, but from what I can see on her page she doesn’t seem like an attention whore. You’d think she would have moved over to the UK in order to fully embrace the attention but it seems like she stayed in the states to try and make the uswnt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
A bit disappointed so far if I'm honest. Typical that Mewis managed to wangle her way into being front and center, want to see more of the girls not her.
da
:eyeroll: ffs only on l chat would you have someone complaining about a gay player's same sex partner being featured. if you look for something negative in it that's what you'll find.
sam is one of main protagonists so obviously her girlfriend gets a feature. daan is in it a good bit too since ellie is the other main protagonist.
if you can't see how impactful it is for fuckin disney to openly show multiple wlw relationships in something like this then i don't know what to tell you.
I don't think they were referring to the same sex partner aspect. I may be wrong, but I think the OP was talking about mewis desperate need to suck any attention she can get. It's annoying. She needs to accomplish something on her own instead of mooching all Sammy's fame. Can't stand her and would love for Sammy to find someone who isn't so awful and full of herself. Mewis is too unlikeable for our Sammy.
Let's be real, she wouldn't be within 100 feet of Kerr if kerr didn't have huge paycheck. Remember when mewis BFF posted "Kristie cashing in" when Sam signed her now contract. Mewis is vile.
Stop obviously replying to yourself you weirdo. We get it you hate Mewis blah blah blah. She was in the 6 episodes maybe a total of 10 minutes alongside Sam so just fuck off with all this shite.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
I admit that I don’t follow Kristie in socials, but from what I can see on her page she doesn’t seem like an attention whore. You’d think she would have moved over to the UK in order to fully embrace the attention but it seems like she stayed in the states to try and make the uswnt.
Da. It seems like a very small feature in the doc by Kristie has triggered this troll tbh. How sad that out of all the things in this documentary this is all they got from it. It's actually so pathetic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Let's be real, she wouldn't be within 100 feet of Kerr if kerr didn't have huge paycheck. Remember when mewis BFF posted "Kristie cashing in" when Sam signed her now contract. Mewis is vile.
Stop obviously replying to yourself you weirdo. We get it you hate Mewis blah blah blah. She was in the 6 episodes maybe a total of 10 minutes alongside Sam so just fuck off with all this shite.
Its more like 5 mins based on the clips posted by this account which makes it even more sad that the troll is trying to push the 'attention seeking' narrative 🤣 Lbr this c--- wouldve been triggered by 5 seconds of Kmew nevermind 5 mins

https://twitter.com/hopeless_th

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you gonna complain about too much Harper and Harley taking away attention from the players next?

Some people are truly never happy like ole misery guts here :eyeroll:

Puhlease
Reactions:

Post by Puhlease »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Nikki??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
the Matildas documentary - explicitly marketed as a behind the scenes insight into the lives of multiple star Matildas

you - SHOCKED to watch the documentary and witness a behind the scenes insight into the lives of the Matildas :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Puhlease wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Nikki??
Lol. Definitely a troll replying to themselves. I think Mewis is great and she clearly adores Sam. Mewis makes her own money, she’s on the USWNT and is living a part from Sam because she values her own career. Also, I watched the whole doc and she is barely featured. I would have enjoyed more to be fair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^o)
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 13:18
The age difference is still disgusting!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 13:55
^o)
Guest wrote:
Go away Mead stan. This thread isn't for you or your kind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wut?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 14:07
Guest wrote:
^o)
Guest wrote:
Not a mead stan just stating facts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 14:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
^o)
Guest wrote:
Weren’t they 21 years and 31? When they hooked up?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 14:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
^o)
Guest wrote:
suuuuure. only you pathetic mead stans trot out this age gap thing about ellie and daan because no one else who is normal is concerned about what 2 consenting adults are doing. go be fake concerned somewhere else troll

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Da. It seems like a very small feature in the doc by Kristie has triggered this troll tbh. How sad that out of all the things in this documentary this is all they got from it. It's actually so pathetic.
Seriously triggered… lots of players partners was in the documentary, not just Kristie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 15:41
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 12:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Seriously triggered… lots of players partners was in the documentary, not just Kristie.
This troll goes around to all the l chat forum and spews Mewis hate. Such a sad and jealous person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

=_=

First ep bringing back my Asian Cup trauma

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 19:10
=_=

First ep bringing back my Asian Cup trauma
So much trauma in multiple episodes for multiples reasons. There were so many losses + Ellie doing her knee.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Loving the doco.
Ellie about one of her knee incisions 'This one is a bit how u goin'
Sam wanting to 'say what she really feels' in an interview but shows such restraint.
The dance moves in the change room
Generally just everyone's quirkiness 🙂🙌🏻

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 19:26
Loving the doco.
Ellie about one of her knee incisions 'This one is a bit how u goin'
Sam wanting to 'say what she really feels' in an interview but shows such restraint.
The dance moves in the change room
Generally just everyone's quirkiness 🙂🙌🏻
I loved it too! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by 8363 »

It’s kinda sad that it was filmed through so many losses and we have had so many wins since, also that maccas not really in it and it looks like she’s going to be a massive part of the world cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

3 eps in - feels a bit low energy to be honest for a sports documentary
maybe it is because it's mostly losses, everyone's a bit guarded and down

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 11:50
Keep watching, the wins start to come.

I really enjoyed it. Thought perhaps they could have talked with a few more players though.

And this is just me, but I can’t seem to get on board with Ellie. Great player, but personality wise, not so much. Interesting that she dropped out of school at the end of 9th grade. I wonder if this will impact her after she finishes playing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

8363 wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 02:07
It’s kinda sad that it was filmed through so many losses and we have had so many wins since, also that maccas not really in it and it looks like she’s going to be a massive part of the world cup
Personally think the filming was a bit premature. Could have waited until the year leading into the world cup and maybe during the tournament itself. Missed a lot of good stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:14
Guest wrote:

I really enjoyed it. Thought perhaps they could have talked with a few more players though.

And this is just me, but I can’t seem to get on board with Ellie. Great player, but personality wise, not so much. Interesting that she dropped out of school at the end of 9th grade. I wonder if this will impact her after she finishes playing.
Ellie will be fine, she'll end up with a suga mama. Checker vibes. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:46
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:14
Guest wrote:

Ellie will be fine, she'll end up with a suga mama. Checker vibes. Da
Haha she will be fine without you on board! She's an absolute crack up imo. Btw she was also filmed at her absolute lowest point. Loved watching how real she was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loved the whole thing and thought it was very well done. Absolute faves were Sam, Ellie and Mini. Cannot imagine Ellie's mental state going through all that and having cameras in her face. Good timing for a story but horrible for her.