Australian Womens Football

Misstery
Reactions: 0

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Misstery »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 05:19
Guess this settles in. Eve should not start again
100%. She shouldn't have been starting for a long time now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Great game, we didn't lose energy. Also a clean sheet finally!! Micah had a great game, I hope she continues to start.

First half could have been better though, but expected against a team like Sweden

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mini and KCX owning the midfield :queen:

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

I was not expecting us to play so well. The midfield looked really strong. I think allowing EvE and Fowler to come on later allowed their strengths to shine. I was sceptical about the formation at first but Foord played well centrally. I think we've found our best lineup, except for some slight changes in defence. There's definitely a case for keeping Catley at CB due to her speed. Would be curious to see how a back 4 of Grant-Catley-Polks-Carpenter would go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 09:59
I was not expecting us to play so well. The midfield looked really strong. I think allowing EvE and Fowler to come on later allowed their strengths to shine. I was sceptical about the formation at first but Foord played well centrally. I think we've found our best lineup, except for some slight changes in defence. There's definitely a case for keeping Catley at CB due to her speed. Would be curious to see how a back 4 of Grant-Catley-Polks-Carpenter would go
It was a pretty good lineup. Has Grant played at LB much before? And would you drop Kennedy?

As a side note - great game from Polks today on her 150th cap! I also agree with some comments I've seen around about how Foord needs to pass the ball more, but obviously a great overall performance from her

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 10:31
yeetus wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 09:59
It was a pretty good lineup. Has Grant played at LB much before? And would you drop Kennedy?

As a side note - great game from Polks today on her 150th cap! I also agree with some comments I've seen around about how Foord needs to pass the ball more, but obviously a great overall performance from her
Yeah I'd put Polks above Kennedy, especially since Kennedy isn't getting a lot of minutes at her club. But she'd still be useful as a sub, and you could push Catley out to LB then. Not sure how much Grant has played at LB, I remember Tony putting her there once?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Foord was incredible. She's been killing it for club too who knew she'd become Australia's best player atm. Good for her!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched it on youtube. Great game from the Mathildas. Happy for them after the last losses. Will Ellie and Alanna be back from injury for the WC?

Any "congrats" tweets from the " biggest false" Mathilda fans?. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 12:41
Foord was incredible. She's been killing it for club too who knew she'd become Australia's best player atm. Good for her!
Her happiness right now is so evident on and off pitch, I’m so glad her performances are showing it too!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 12:57
I watched it on youtube. Great game from the Mathildas. Happy for them after the last losses. Will Ellie and Alanna be back from injury for the WC?

It does feel like things are looking up for them a bit, the team dynamic seems to be clicking and part of that might be the midfield actually working. Both Ellie and Alanna should be back for the World Cup. I think that Alanna will probably be back playing pretty soon and Ellie is due to return to playing around February (I think?).

I have most of the usual critics (i.e. LDV associates) blocked or muted but the bald male pundit (I've forgotten his name lol) who always trashes Tony and the team managed to be positive for once. I've seen a few people who have previously been critical giving credit to Tony.

I've also seen some Swedish fans annoyed at Tony for celebrating the goals and win because it was against his home country. Like?? This is a big win for the team and him as a coach, it's really not a big deal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hate that people are trying to put a damper on this win because Sweden wasn't playing with their "A" team and we basically were except for defence. Meanwhile when we have a squad decimated with injuries and/or are playing with a bunch of new, young players that haven't fully integrated yet people just shit on us anyway and call for TG's head.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 15:16
I hate that people are trying to put a damper on this win because Sweden wasn't playing with their "A" team and we basically were except for defence. Meanwhile when we have a squad decimated with injuries and/or are playing with a bunch of new, young players that haven't fully integrated yet people just shit on us anyway and call for TG's head.
It's true for both, however Aussie 'fans', pundits and/or detractors cannot be positive for the life of them. We need an 'A' squad. That's what people need to get through their heads. To be successful in tournaments we need a squad!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 07:21
Guest wrote:
Seriously, the difference Gorry has made since she’s returned is huge.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I honestly get worried with mini she is so small it's easy for her to be pushed off the ball in our half. teams like germany would be licking their lips

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:20
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I honestly get worried with mini she is so small it's easy for her to be pushed off the ball in our half. teams like germany would be licking their lips
Da. She did fine against the Swedes (who she plays against week in week out) who are as large and physical as the Germans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 13:30
Guest wrote:

It does feel like things are looking up for them a bit, the team dynamic seems to be clicking and part of that might be the midfield actually working. Both Ellie and Alanna should be back for the World Cup. I think that Alanna will probably be back playing pretty soon and Ellie is due to return to playing around February (I think?).

I have most of the usual critics (i.e. LDV associates) blocked or muted but the bald male pundit (I've forgotten his name lol) who always trashes Tony and the team managed to be positive for once. I've seen a few people who have previously been critical giving credit to Tony.

I've also seen some Swedish fans annoyed at Tony for celebrating the goals and win because it was against his home country. Like?? This is a big win for the team and him as a coach, it's really not a big deal
I see Sam Lewis aka Battle Dinosaur gushing about the 'kids' stepping up. People forget Carpenter is also only 22. Everything is 'expected' of her, even with the injury comeback. I say let her recover and see where she is at rather than all this unnecessary speculation. Oh and here's the 'kid's' actual ages:
Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I see Sam Lewis aka Battle Dinosaur gushing about the 'kids' stepping up. People forget Carpenter is also only 22. Everything is 'expected' of her, even with the injury comeback. I say let her recover and see where she is at rather than all this unnecessary speculation. Oh and here's the 'kid's' actual ages:
Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20
Tbf they're all relatively new to the team, so they are like kids. People do the same with 24 year old USWNT newbies. And I thought they all played well, especially given that most had barely played any senior NT minutes until this year - do you disagree?

But I agree about not putting too much pressure on Ellie. I hope people aren't expecting her to immediately be at the same level as she was pre-injury. It'll likely take some time, but she's young so she'll definitely get there and there's no need to rush it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 11:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20
Tbf they're all relatively new to the team, so they are like kids. People do the same with 24 year old USWNT newbies. And I thought they all played well, especially given that most had barely played any senior NT minutes until this year - do you disagree?

But I agree about not putting too much pressure on Ellie. I hope people aren't expecting her to immediately be at the same level as she was pre-injury. It'll likely take some time, but she's young so she'll definitely get there and there's no need to rush it.
My comment was not to related to how well they did or didn't play. It was about referring to 24 and 26 year olds as kids and the ridiculous expectations some ppl have on Ellie (who's still only 22) Talking about 'comparing form' when the chick has only just started to run. There is no comparison to be made between a player returning from a major injury and one playing regular minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 16:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20

My comment was not to related to how well they did or didn't play. It was about referring to 24 and 26 year olds as kids and the ridiculous expectations some ppl have on Ellie (who's still only 22) Talking about 'comparing form' when the chick has only just started to run. There is no comparison to be made between a player returning from a major injury and one playing regular minutes.
da - okay carpenter stan calm down. please believe no one except you thinks they're talking about literal kids they're talking about them being the inexperienced kids/newbies on the team vs. the veterans. it ain't that deep and you need to take a chill pill.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20

da - okay carpenter stan calm down. please believe no one except you thinks they're talking about literal kids they're talking about them being the inexperienced kids/newbies on the team vs. the veterans. it ain't that deep and you need to take a chill pill.
Why do ppl say take a chill pill and calm down to someone's comment on a forum. It wasn't abusive or absurd, just a point of view. Read and move on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20

Why do ppl say take a chill pill and calm down to someone's comment on a forum. It wasn't abusive or absurd, just a point of view. Read and move on.
because you were clearly worked up enough about sam lewis calling them kids to go and look up all their ages :rofl: weirdo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

because you were clearly worked up enough about sam lewis calling them kids to go and look up all their ages :rofl: weirdo
Oh no, I know all their ages off by heart :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:30
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh no, I know all their ages off by heart :dance2:
sure you do bestie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now LDV feels like Ronaldo with regard to being pushed out of Manchester United. Hahaha. She just can’t let it go. If she was pushed out of any team, it was likely because of her own toxic behavior.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:45
Now LDV feels like Ronaldo with regard to being pushed out of Manchester United. Hahaha. She just can’t let it go. If she was pushed out of any team, it was likely because of her own toxic behavior.
Weird comparison for her to make given that it's abundantly obvious that Ronaldo is an extremely toxic presence within the team. Way to tell on yourself Lisa. Both of them crappy humans and once good players who refused to believe their time at the top was coming to an end...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm glad she didn't just walk back into the starting 11. I don't think Kennedy should get to walk back in either after recent performances without her going better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Relating herself to that huge narcissist is very telling. She really thought she was God's gift to the Matildas, huh? So, so bitter. She could've left with a decent legacy when it was obvious she was being phased out for new and better young talent, but she fucked it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:26
Guest wrote:
Relating herself to that huge narcissist is very telling. She really thought she was God's gift to the Matildas, huh? So, so bitter. She could've left with a decent legacy when it was obvious she was being phased out for new and better young talent, but she fucked it.
Very telling indeed!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone at the match in Melbs see this? I hope it's not true and that AK has more sense than to let this snake anywhere near her again after that book ordeal

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/11/15 ... -together/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 21:16
Did anyone at the match in Melbs see this? I hope it's not true and that AK has more sense than to let this snake anywhere near her again after that book ordeal

https://sodramaticonline.com/2022/11/15 ... -together/
Alanna get behind me!!! 🤺

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:19
Guest wrote:
I'm glad she didn't just walk back into the starting 11. I don't think Kennedy should get to walk back in either after recent performances without her going better.
What recent performances? She has been injured for months.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 02:57
Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:19
Guest wrote:
What recent performances? She has been injured for months.
DA they mean that recent Matildas performances have been better without her playing.

I kind of wonder if it's worth moving Steph to CB more frequently, especially for big games. I actually think Polks is a great defender, but she is slow and so is Kennedy so it's risky having them both play. Steph is very fast and is less clanger-prone too. It would give Nevin an opportunity to develop as a LB with Steph by her side. I would really miss Steph in LB though, her crosses and runs would be missed.

It just really sucks that we don't seem to have many good, natural CBs. Definitely something they'll need to develop post-WWC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So stoked with this starting line up, hopefully we build on the momentum of Sweden!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 07:16
So stoked with this starting line up, hopefully we build on the momentum of Sweden!
Yeah! If we hadn't played well I would be a bit annoyed by the lack of rotation, but this is a new-ish lineup and we have to get them used to it. Hope they can do some early subs in the second half though.

I think this game is also a good test because I assume Thailand will play with a low defensive block. We struggled with breaking these kind of formations down during the AC, so let's see if we've improved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sam needs to do better there has to bury that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This game is giving AC quarterfinal vibes with all these missed chances 😐

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

raso and vine both can't finish

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:07
Raso: hold my beer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:39
Guest wrote:
she should have at least 3 maybe even more
she is missing some sitters
i still wish we would experiment with fowler in raso's spot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:54
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:39
Guest wrote:
she should have at least 3 maybe even more
she is missing some sitters
i still wish we would experiment with fowler in raso's spot
Oh don’t get me wrong; 9/10 Raso misses that. Her finishing is terrible. But good on her this time!
More importantly though, I thought we all agreed the Crummer experiment was over???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

crummer shouldn't be in the squad
we should be giving minutes to Amy Sayer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not a great performance, but we are always like this with Thailand in particular and there was a lot of experimentation in the second half. I'd still prefer a younger player like Sayer in place of Crummer, she's just really average and not young enough to justify it.

Kyra Cooney-Cross was excellent, POTM for me. Thank you to Tony or whoever convinced her to move to Sweden. Also hooray for clean sheet!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:45
Not a great performance, but we are always like this with Thailand in particular and there was a lot of experimentation in the second half. I'd still prefer a younger player like Sayer in place of Crummer, she's just really average and not young enough to justify it.

Kyra Cooney-Cross was excellent, POTM for me. Thank you to Tony or whoever convinced her to move to Sweden. Also hooray for clean sheet!
I want to be positive and i'm happy we have hit some form but my main concern remains. We have no one to rely on to score goals. It's frustrating that Raso can't finish the simplest of chances and yet she seems to get the lions share or them. Fowler is our best finisher yet doesn't get half the opportunities Raso does.
Positives for sure but it chances aren't gonna win us games: i am pretty sure we play england early next year so that will be a hard reality check as to where we are. I hope we don't get battered like norway

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:57
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:45

I want to be positive and i'm happy we have hit some form but my main concern remains. We have no one to rely on to score goals. It's frustrating that Raso can't finish the simplest of chances and yet she seems to get the lions share or them. Fowler is our best finisher yet doesn't get half the opportunities Raso does.
Positives for sure but it chances aren't gonna win us games: i am pretty sure we play england early next year so that will be a hard reality check as to where we are. I hope we don't get battered like norway
Where are you seeing that we could play England next year? It could only be in April or July as England are hosting the Arnold Clark Cup again in Feb and Australia aren't part of it. I think we will probably play in another friendly tournament in Feb like the Tournoi de France or the She Believes Cup in the US. I would prefer the Tournoi de France because I think it has been a few years since we played France and there would probably be at least one other decent European nation in the tournament. Would likely be a good test although the US seem to like to play us...

And I agree on your comments about the game. Terrible finishing all around, Mary wasn't at her best either but I wish she was was pushed up to play striker instead of Crummer. Raso seems to struggle to bring her club form to the tillies in general but glad she got a goal in the end

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:14
crummer shouldn't be in the squad
we should be giving minutes to Amy Sayer
Couldn’t agree with you more on both points.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just don’t know why Raso keeps getting so many opportunities. Her first touch is terrible and she wastes so many opportunities. Yes, she has grit and never stops trying, but sometimes that just isn’t enough at this level.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 12:17
I just don’t know why Raso keeps getting so many opportunities. Her first touch is terrible and she wastes so many opportunities. Yes, she has grit and never stops trying, but sometimes that just isn’t enough at this level.
agree. think it's the same reason it took Eve getting injured to not be a starter. Her name and seniority means she gets the starts. She just isn't a naturally talented player. She is super fast which is great but that is all. I haven't even seen her put in a cross or an assist since her final pass is also lacking.
I think Vine suffers from
this but she is still young and that's why i hope she goes to europe. She looks so unconfident when in the box and always in two minds between shooting or passing. But she is excellent on the whole and a lot of our opportunities start from her.

Shame when eve came on we lost our shape. I really only think she works with sam and only as a 35min max sub player.

I am seriously scratching my head as to why we play crummer. they dropped siemsen and we still don't have a true kerr replacement. Id like to see Sayer get a shot. Crummer has had a few and legit looked awkward out there.

unrelated but it's funny i have been watching the newbies of uswnt and they have the same finishing problem. that's why i tgink england are so good, they have so many scorers who take their chances. If it's not Mead, it's stanway or hemp or toone or russo or kelly etc etc