The Official Tennis Thread - Part II

Reactions:

Re: The Official Tennis Thread - Part II

Post by Guest »

this was a good thread with regular posts until that demented Iga and Daria obsessed poster stepped in. i am now in the Tennis Discord channel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 04:05
this was a good thread with regular posts until that demented Iga and Daria obsessed poster stepped in. i am now in the Tennis Discord channel.
Which discord channel?

Rybakina has a new clothing Sponsor.
https://twitter.com/sebsharfam/status/1 ... WD0AIZ3R3A

I feel like it‘s a downgrade from Adidas? But maybe she asked for more money and they refused, which is exactly why Halep switched to Nike.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 07:26
Guest wrote:
Which discord channel?

I feel like it‘s a downgrade from Adidas? But maybe she asked for more money and they refused, which is exactly why Halep switched to Nike.
Lchat discord channel. The way i was banned from it cause i called out the mods for not giving proper updates about when the forum will come back. But that thread wasn't very active back then. And some posters there double post in reddit discord thread cause it's more active.

Lchat discord:
https://discord.com/invite/BQ9Yc7N

Reddit tennis discord (it's mostly girls and gays in the wta channel) https://discord.gg/tennis

Dragonfish
Reactions: 87

Post by Dragonfish »

Easy game for Ons!

Might be worthwhile keeping an eye on the 16 year old Mirra Andreeva who seems to be playing some great tennis!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 07:33
Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 07:26
Guest wrote:
Which discord channel?

Lchat discord channel. The way i was banned from it cause i called out the mods for not giving proper updates about when the forum will come back. But that thread wasn't very active back then. And some posters there double post in reddit discord thread cause it's more active.

Lchat discord:
https://discord.com/invite/BQ9Yc7N

Reddit tennis discord (it's mostly girls and gays in the wta channel) https://discord.gg/tennis
i'm the anon who posted about the discord tennis channel. yeah, i meant the Reddit tennis channel on discord. good to know it's mostly women and lesbians in the WTA section there.

the lchat tennis discord channel is dead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jabeur played well today. Krejcikova lost.Gauff fought back to win too.Hoping for drama between Andreescu and Azarenka.

Who is everyone's WTA crush?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 17:17
Jabeur played well today. Krejcikova lost.Gauff fought back to win too.Hoping for drama between Andreescu and Azarenka.

Who is everyone's WTA crush?
I'm not getting drama from Azarenka vs Andreescu. I think I cursed their match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's make this thread fun again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Andreescu really should of pursued a career In theater.Watching her is like watching a 1-woman show!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My WTA crush is Danielle Collins. Love her like crazy. There's just something about her.

NCEEBG
Reactions:

Post by NCEEBG »

Are hot physios still a thing on the WTA?

WHHHFXJ
Reactions:

Post by WHHHFXJ »

Petra Martic wins! Yes!Yes!Yes!

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

I dunno if anyone else watched it, but the Monfils match was brilliant!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 19:27
My WTA crush is Danielle Collins. Love her like crazy. There's just something about her.
She looks like a soccer mom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WHHHFXJ wrote:
30 May 2023, 19:53
Petra Martic wins! Yes!Yes!Yes!
so happy to see petra get her 1st win after watching her lose in 1st round 2 years in a row. she has a beautiful style of all around clay court tennis very enjoyable to watch!

petra martic is my wta crush btw :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My WTA crush is Badosa and I am missing her so much this French Open.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Caro Garcia a goner already.Wtf! :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Come on Sabalenka!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kasatkina beats Vondrousova way easier than expected.

Ostapenko is out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Victory for Sabalenka. Keep it up Aryna!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My WTA crush is Jessica Pegula.

venus_l
Reactions:

Post by venus_l »

Dragonfish wrote:
30 May 2023, 22:26
I saw it yesterday. It was something incredible, I remembered why I love tennis 😀. I wonder how the girls could handle 5 set matches, it could be interesting

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

venus_l wrote:
31 May 2023, 17:10
Dragonfish wrote:
I saw it yesterday. It was something incredible, I remembered why I love tennis 😀. I wonder how the girls could handle 5 set matches, it could be interesting
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that enjoyed it!

I think tbh they would handle it just as well as the men. It would just take a little while for the players to get used to playing for that length of time, that’s all!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
31 May 2023, 17:31
venus_l wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:

I think tbh they would handle it just as well as the men. It would just take a little while for the players to get used to playing for that length of time, that’s all!
I also saw Monfils v Baez and really had fun watching it.I have pondered many times how different Grand Slam results would be if the women played best of 5 too.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:33
Dragonfish wrote:
venus_l wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:

I also saw Monfils v Baez and really had fun watching it.I have pondered many times how different Grand Slam results would be if the women played best of 5 too.
I think tbh it’s only time until they make it the same. Either the men drop to 3 sets or they increase the women to 5.

I think the only reason they are keeping it the way they are is due to the number of professional males, well, imo tough shit. Limit the number of entries for the men and have 5 sets each for men and women.

Tbh, this is one of the main reasons why I was uncomfortable with the prize money becoming the same for the men and women when the women don’t play as many sets or for as long. If you want equal prizes then play equal times and games, but that’s entirely down to the tennis bodies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:42
Guest wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:
venus_l wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:

I think tbh it’s only time until they make it the same. Either the men drop to 3 sets or they increase the women to 5.

I think the only reason they are keeping it the way they are is due to the number of professional males, well, imo tough shit. Limit the number of entries for the men and have 5 sets each for men and women.

Tbh, this is one of the main reasons why I was uncomfortable with the prize money becoming the same for the men and women when the women don’t play as many sets or for as long. If you want equal prizes then play equal times and games, but that’s entirely down to the tennis bodies.
Yeah,I agree. Women and men should play the same. Either both sexes play best of 3 or both sexes play best of 5.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:58
Dragonfish wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:42
Guest wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:
venus_l wrote:

Yeah,I agree. Women and men should play the same. Either both sexes play best of 3 or both sexes play best of 5.
Aye, agreed 👋

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

What’s happened to Laylah?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why I am not surprised with the Mugu news? I do feel bad for her fans who thought she was gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
31 May 2023, 19:48
What’s happened to Laylah?
I don't know the details of hr match today but Leylah sustained a stress fracture to her foot last year. She's still trying to come back from that injury. Must be frustrating. She has a lot of talent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw a post on Twitter saying omething like isn't it cute Mugu is marrying a fan. Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Glad to see more posts on this thread again.I loved it pre 2023. Anybody know of any tennis gossip/rumors? Which players ping to you? Lesser known players to look out for?

Also I was disappointed Garcia lost today. Well done to Blinkova though.Epic last game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This girl Avanesyan(playing Jeanjean right now) is quite pretty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ons Jabeur for RG 23 champ. That is all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What are the likely best matches tomorrow?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
Unfortunately news has broken that Monfils was advised by the tournament medical team to withdraw so we won't get to see him play again this French Open. Holger Rune gets the walkover.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:37
Dragonfish wrote:
Unfortunately news has broken that Monfils was advised by the tournament medical team to withdraw so we won't get to see him play again this French Open. Holger Rune gets the walkover.
Fuck I hate when players do that, play while barely walking or injured and somehow managed to win but then they withdraw. The other player should've had a chance to play. I know I know, you will say why didn't they win against injured or tired player but whatever, I hate it ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 20:56
The match I want to see is my favorite player Elena Rybakina vs my fellow WWE fan Linda Noskova(Noskova really pings to me).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:
Fuck I hate when players do that, play while barely walking or injured and somehow managed to win but then they withdraw. The other player should've had a chance to play. I know I know, you will say why didn't they win against injured or tired player but whatever, I hate it ^o)
I feel so frustrated for Monfils and Baez in this situation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:12
Guest wrote:
The match I want to see is my favorite player Elena Rybakina vs my fellow WWE fan Linda Noskova(Noskova really pings to me).
Handed Maria vs Schnaider might be another match to look out for.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:51
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:12
Guest wrote:
Handed Maria vs Schnaider might be another match to look out for.
I meant HADDAD MARIA not Handed Maria! Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone here think Mugu can come back strong in 2024? Or do you think she's like washed?

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:
I just saw that, what a shame! I know he was suffering with a wrist injury, which he mentioned to the umpire during the match…

Anyway, I really wanted to watch the Andreeva match today, but have to go in to the office so I’m hoping Ons’ match will be delayed so I can at least watch that one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am glad I never cared about Muguruza or Barty to want them to be gay because I never found them attractive. Men can have them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 08:12
I am glad I never cared about Muguruza or Barty to want them to be gay because I never found them attractive. Men can have them.
Same

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do we think any other WTA will come out anytime soon?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:43
Why is it so tough for tennis players to come out but it's commonplace in soccer?

XMS9
Reactions:

Post by XMS9 »

Took an anon from yesterday's advice and am watching Rybakina vs Noskova. Rybakina just took the 1st set vs Noskova. Come on Lena!

Also,Noskova looks like a pretty good player.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 08:21
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 08:12
Same
Same here too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:47
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:43
Why is it so tough for tennis players to come out but it's commonplace in soccer?
money. football players have nothing to lose comparing to tennis players