Reactions:

Re: WNBA - Part III

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 01:13
Congrats Fever on the #1 2025 pick . Paige and CC should be fun
this team is just bad
and boston gurl idk what u did offseason, maybe too much tv time for u idk
Paige stans said they have a beef or something. They stopped being friends when CC got more popularity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think CC needs to hire her own sport psychologist. She needs to have better body language. And yes she should play in Europe even to just getaway from all the madness. But idk if her endorsements would allow her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 04:03
I think CC needs to hire her own sport psychologist. She needs to have better body language. And yes she should play in Europe even to just getaway from all the madness. But idk if her endorsements would allow her?
No, she needs a break from basketball after the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 04:00
Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 01:13
Congrats Fever on the #1 2025 pick . Paige and CC should be fun
this team is just bad
and boston gurl idk what u did offseason, maybe too much tv time for u idk
Paige stans said they have a beef or something. They stopped being friends when CC got more popularity.
Interesting you brought this up because just saw this run across my TL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh idk that they're that close/friendly with each other. Kinda sad about them not being friends anymore. Anyone know what the fight about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 06:33
Oh idk that they're that close/friendly with each other. Kinda sad about them not being friends anymore. Anyone know what the fight about?
Don’t think it was a fight so much as just growing apart and not seeing each other every summer anymore after aging out of USA basketball youth teams. CC and Azzi had a nice moment after the Final Four which I don’t think would’ve happened if CC and Paige had some sort of big falling out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wnba needs Indiana to be better .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 06:50
Guest wrote:
Don’t think it was a fight so much as just growing apart and not seeing each other every summer anymore after aging out of USA basketball youth teams. CC and Azzi had a nice moment after the Final Four which I don’t think would’ve happened if CC and Paige had some sort of big falling out.
Idk they're so cold towards each other, more in Paige side than Clark. I think it's more than just "growing apart." HVL and Clark are not that cold with each other even though they're never that close and with media trying to pit them against each other. Hell even Clark and Reese are much more warm towards each other now lol something definitely going on

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

fan fiction :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 08:14
fan fiction :lol:
It's not fan fiction since you can clearly watch the difference with your own eyes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even the paige stans in other forum didn't even deny that paige probably mad or jealous over clark popularity. That's why azzi still cool with clark lol she probably thinks that a bit immature

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Clark :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 07:37
Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 06:50
Guest wrote:
Idk they're so cold towards each other, more in Paige side than Clark. I think it's more than just "growing apart." HVL and Clark are not that cold with each other even though they're never that close and with media trying to pit them against each other. Hell even Clark and Reese are much more warm towards each other now lol something definitely going on
da lol I also noticed that at first I thought they never been friends from the start but apparently they did?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Clark getting double team every damn second, she is being chased like never before. Has this ever happened to another player before? She can barely breathe without someone around her neck

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 12:30
Clark getting double team every damn second, she is being chased like never before. Has this ever happened to another player before? She can barely breathe without someone around her neck
Yes, multiple, Plum would be the best example, her first few years were not pretty because she tried to play how she did in college. Clark makes it worse because she is forcing things and allowing teams to swarm her because they know she is either going throw up a bad shot or try to force a pass that they can pick off. Best thing at this point is to take the ball out of her hands on offense and allow Wheeler or someone else be the person running the offense and let Clark learn how to read defense at this level how to slowdown and not force things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 12:46
Guest wrote:
Yes, multiple, Plum would be the best example, her first few years were not pretty because she tried to play how she did in college. Clark makes it worse because she is forcing things and allowing teams to swarm her because they know she is either going throw up a bad shot or try to force a pass that they can pick off. Best thing at this point is to take the ball out of her hands on offense and allow Wheeler or someone else be the person running the offense and let Clark learn how to read defense at this level how to slowdown and not force things.
I feel like they have already taken the ball out of her hands quite a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I mean it's expected right? The coach should knew this and use it for their advantage? How dumb is she if she didn't predict that Clark would be double team and rough up by opponents?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 13:28
Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 12:46
Guest wrote:
I feel like they have already taken the ball out of her hands quite a bit.
Which is smart and Clark needs to adjust her game to not always having it. Also when Mitchell gets healthy they can move Samuelson to the a 6th man role which will help not having to liabilities on defense to start the game, which no offense to Clark but her defense isn’t great. Mitchell is also someone who can make tough shots which will help bail Clark out when she kicks out of double teams over forcing it to a big or player like Wheeler who teams feel comfortable dropping off of on defense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Other teams are never going to stop sending doubles or traps at CC if other Fever players don't score.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Boston hasn't played like someone who won rookie of the year last year. Is this the "sophomore slump"?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the coaches need to come up with a way for CC to get out of the double team, and for the others to be more effective in attack

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She was WIDE OPEN at the free throw line, why did she drive right into Stewart and Jones? :facepalm:

Money Moves
Reactions:

Post by Money Moves »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Caitlin: *puts one foot on the court*
WNBA:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 07:26
Yeah it’s not a lot of fun watching Indiana get their asses beat in such embarrassing fashions. I know it’s early and they’re playing the elite teams right out of the gate, but if it’s like this through most of the season it might hurt the wnba’s growing popularity.

Whoever’s idea to let Indiana play the top teams of the league, multiple times in a row, as their opening games was a mistake. When do the schedules get made? Because NY and LV are on their second year as being known as the “super teams” and Conn has been known to be extremely tough, while Indiana has had the #1 pick two years in a row, so unless they make schedules 3-4 years out, this seems like a terrible way to market the biggest drawing team the league has ever seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Yeah it’s not a lot of fun watching Indiana get their asses beat in such embarrassing fashions. I know it’s early and they’re playing the elite teams right out of the gate, but if it’s like this through most of the season it might hurt the wnba’s growing popularity.

Whoever’s idea to let Indiana play the top teams of the league, multiple times in a row, as their opening games was a mistake. When do the schedules get made? Because NY and LV are on their second year as being known as the “super teams” and Conn has been known to be extremely tough, while Indiana has had the #1 pick two years in a row, so unless they make schedules 3-4 years out, this seems like a terrible way to market the biggest drawing team the league has ever seen.
da
They'll also have 3 games in 4 nights coming up soon, ending with LV as the 2nd game of a back to back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The way-too-early leader in the Rookie of the Year race.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Horrible defense! No one paying attention to the reining MVP cutting to the basket?! Too busy ball watching... :facepalm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They actually don’t need Indy to be better people
are watching and seeing how good other teams are and will continue to watch because of that. Many casual fans come in watch Clark and start to like other teams and players and isn’t that deep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 22:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

are watching and seeing how good other teams are and will continue to watch because of that. Many casual fans come in watch Clark and start to like other teams and players and isn’t that deep.
da
That assumes that the current stars can keep the new fans with their play. That remains to be seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’ve been a wnba fan for some time now and I’m a Clark fan and I can say even I was tired of watching them play by 4th quarter, so for casual viewers who don’t have ties to other players, I’m not sure how many will truly stick around. Maybe to watch some of the other rookies.

But last year’s Championship tv ratings was around 728,000 viewers. This year’s opening game was over 2 million. We’ll see how they fair compared to last year’s final and this year’s season’s opener. It will be also interesting to see if they release any of the other teams not playing the Fever tv ratings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’ve been a wnba fan for some time now and I’m a Clark fan and I can say even I was tired of watching them play by 4th quarter, so for casual viewers who don’t have ties to other players, I’m not sure how many will truly stick around. Maybe to watch some of the other rookies.

But last year’s Championship tv ratings was around 728,000 viewers. This year’s opening game was over 2 million. We’ll see how they fair compared to last year’s final and this year’s season’s opener. It will be also interesting to see if they release any of the other teams not playing the Fever tv ratings.
da
The Aces vs Mercury following the Fever vs Sun game got less than 500k on ESPN2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 23:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
The Aces vs Mercury following the Fever vs Sun game got less than 500k on ESPN2.
West Coast game you lose a significant portion of the tv market so not a great comparison

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t love this by the Vegas, it is on the team and league to pay players what they deserve and not having other sources stepping in and paying players. If I am the WNBAPA I don’t like this at all going into CBA negotiations.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 01:18
Guest wrote:
17 May 2024, 23:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
West Coast game you lose a significant portion of the tv market so not a great comparison
da lol sure keep being in denial. lbr new casual fans only watch the games for Clark and other rookies like Brink or Reese. Maybe Paige can bring her zoomer fangirls next year, although I doubt it from what I've seen they have no understanding about the league or even basketball in general. But they clearly ain't staying to watch old players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 04:00

da lol sure keep being in denial. lbr new casual fans only watch the games for Clark and other rookies like Brink or Reese. Maybe Paige can bring her zoomer fangirls next year, although I doubt it from what I've seen they have no understanding about the league or even basketball in general. But they clearly ain't staying to watch old players.
The conversation around the WNBA is changing, and its place in popular culture is getting a boost. Some people have built brands off that kind of buzz. So it's not overly optimistic to think that things will change, or that some of the gains will stay.

I also think people forget, or somehow haven't noticed, how different players are from years ago. Maybe it's because they're too busy comparing them to males. It's a very different game now, and players are also more glam.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 06:26
Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 04:00

The conversation around the WNBA is changing, and its place in popular culture is getting a boost. Some people have built brands off that kind of buzz. So it's not overly optimistic to think that things will change, or that some of the gains will stay.

I also think people forget, or somehow haven't noticed, how different players are from years ago. Maybe it's because they're too busy comparing them to males. It's a very different game now, and players are also more glam.
Popular culture around the young players. None of the zoomers care about Plum Aja DT BG Stewie lol no matter how hard ESPN and other medias try to push old vets to the front. They only care about Reese Brink Clark and other rookies same with the next batch like Paige Kiki Juju HVL.

And trust me none of them will even stay when snobbish wnba twitter acting like every new fans are kkk out to get them lol. The same attitude like the wnba thread in the other forum. Bitter and angry. You can only talk about Clark negatively there. Why would you support a community like that? NWSL are more welcoming than WNBA community.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can't believe they still haven't fixed Nika's visa issue yet. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:10
Can't believe they still haven't fixed Nika's visa issue yet. <_<
It is strange at this point but I am guessing someone screwed paperwork and that delayed the process, but the Storm have access to lawyers to push things along.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The fever need to stop posting every little thing CC does, especially when u losing big

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:00
The fever need to stop posting every little thing CC does, especially when u losing big
Then they would never post anything. They're always losing by double digits.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:00
Well Clark and Mitchell are the only ones that get it going for Fever. Boston and Wheeler are ghosting.

Guestyaai
Reactions:

Post by Guestyaai »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 02:02
I don’t love this by the Vegas, it is on the team and league to pay players what they deserve and not having other sources stepping in and paying players. If I am the WNBAPA I don’t like this at all going into CBA negotiations.
It’s called an endorsement. It’s extremely normal.

So many people on this thread have zero understanding of how sports work, yet speak as if the league should listen to them. It’s so stupid.

Like, how tf are people shocked that the team that got the number 1 pick is awful? Have you never watched pro basketball?!?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well even though New York still stomp the Fever most of the game… it felt not as frustrating? I mean, there was still plenty of TOs, missed shots, and OMG why did they do that? moments. But the rhythm felt better and Clark had strong moments that felt more like “Clark” of college play.

If the Fever could catch the ball in transition better or not make so many TOs when driving in or make more of the easier shots that they really should be making they’d be a different team. I’m really hoping those will improve as the season goes on.

Boston has been quiet, which is concerning. I know it’s early so there’s dusting off the rust, but she seems to be a little more out of it than other players. She’s also taken some hard hits to the face.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:25
Well even though New York still stomp the Fever most of the game… it felt not as frustrating? I mean, there was still plenty of TOs, missed shots, and OMG why did they do that? moments. But the rhythm felt better and Clark had strong moments that felt more like “Clark” of college play.

If the Fever could catch the ball in transition better or not make so many TOs when driving in or make more of the easier shots that they really should be making they’d be a different team. I’m really hoping those will improve as the season goes on.

Boston has been quiet, which is concerning. I know it’s early so there’s dusting off the rust, but she seems to be a little more out of it than other players. She’s also taken some hard hits to the face.
Yeah everyone saying Boston looks lost , maybe she needs time to get back into form , but with a few more games in this level would be worrying for fever
I wonder how much her doing tv is affecting her , she didn’t play overseas but she not the only player who don’t play oversee Wilson doesn’t either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate Martin!!! Get it girl!!

I just yelled so loud on my couch. You would think I was sitting in Las Vegas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:59

K Money +11 last I heard and played more than half of the first half.

Even Curt giving her the props I am like a proud mother. Becky knows wtf she is doing drafting the gays lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:19
Guest wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:59

K Money +11 last I heard and played more than half of the first half.

Even Curt giving her the props I am like a proud mother. Becky knows wtf she is doing drafting the gays lol
Everyone seems to be rooting for her. The crowd really went wild when she went in. Even the Sparks coach said the energy changed for the Aces with her play. I’m really impressed how much time she’s getting to play. I thought she wouldn’t get time on the court unless it was a blowout. But she’s holding her own out there.

I hope she gets some good sponsorships soon. She’s earning that 100,000!

Guestoisu
Reactions:

Post by Guestoisu »

Kate getting legit minutes with the Aces is impressive.

I know it’s only one game and it’s against the Sparks, but this definitely means she’s getting some run against Caitlin and the Fever next Saturday.