Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 08:02
Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 19:08
Page catching and gosh that resort is stunning!!! I thought the one Cait (and Steph) went to in Santorini was beautiful, but this one in Crete is NEXT LEVEL. Hazard a guess to say Cait and Katie may stay there before Olympic camp, a nice little romantic getaway before they're pretty much apart for 4-6 weeks (not sure how much time athletes spend with they're families when they're actually in tournament mode). And then do Ibiza post-Olympics with Jamie, Renae and maybe one or two of Katie's sisters?
Also page catching - Cait you lucky women, it looks unreal. Will they be able to go on a holiday before the olympics and after as won't katie have to go back to Arsenal if she wasn't playing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 10:37
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 10:20
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 10:08
does anyone know anywhere me and my sister can get tickets for upcoming matildas game against china in Sydney. Had no idea that were coming until last night and its saying sold out on Ticketek😓😓 We r on a waiting list currently but if anyone knows anyone selling or any good trustworthy sites I would greatly appreciate 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 THANK YOU!!
I know Adelaide is planning on releasing more tickets closer to the date, so guessing Sydney is similar.
Yes, they will be releasing a limited number of tickets again closer to the date. Keep an eye out for them but I'd also keep looking at marketplace in the meantime as well.
Ooo ok I’ll keep checking then x Hoping they release some closer to date or I’ll never forgive myself for missing chance to see Cait😓

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 10:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Page catching and gosh that resort is stunning!!! I thought the one Cait (and Steph) went to in Santorini was beautiful, but this one in Crete is NEXT LEVEL. Hazard a guess to say Cait and Katie may stay there before Olympic camp, a nice little romantic getaway before they're pretty much apart for 4-6 weeks (not sure how much time athletes spend with they're families when they're actually in tournament mode). And then do Ibiza post-Olympics with Jamie, Renae and maybe one or two of Katie's sisters?
Also page catching - Cait you lucky women, it looks unreal. Will they be able to go on a holiday before the olympics and after as won't katie have to go back to Arsenal if she wasn't playing?
Good question. With Arsenal 9 points clear of Man U, it is looking like we've secured 3rd spot on the table, so a R1 entry into Champions League again. Dates haven't been set from what I can see, but looking at the last 2 years R1 was in early Sept last year (due to WC) and mid Aug in 2022 (Euros were in July). With the Olympics until Aug 10, I'm guessing R1 could maybe be last week of Aug or first week of Sept again.. Maybe? I'm not sure when they would expect non Olympic players back into training? I guess a post Olympic holiday would also depend on how far the Tillies get in the tournament. They only had a few days post WC before needing to be back in London.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It will probably be before the Olympics as Katie will be in pre season after the Olympics, especially as they will have CL qualification early in the season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think all tillies Olympic squad will have a few weeks off inbetween the china games and the pre Olympic training camp / next fifa window. Impossible for them to end the season, go straight into a friendly/UWCL final, head to aus camp, then back into another camp - it just won’t happen. They need time off somewhere. Think for some of them who don’t have games after the WSL ends will have a few days/1 week off before reporting for camp, and then after the china camp ALL players should have a few weeks. Guess the time off after Olympics depends on how far they get, their teams schedule eg Arsenal will have champs league qualifiers. Don’t think the season starts until late September for next season WSL (not sure about other leagues) so should get a bit of time off after the Olympics regardless. Fact it’s in Europe helps with less travel and stuff too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 11:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It will probably be before the Olympics as Katie will be in pre season after the Olympics, especially as they will have CL qualification early in the season
This is defo one of the downsides of all the tillies WAGS also being players! Daan, Katie, Kirsty will also have euro qualifiers if all selected in the July window right before the olympics starts so you have to factor in their training + their time off as well. Hopefully it all fits in so they can all have some nice holiday time at some point before the olympics starts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't realise Raso had only been at Real Madrid since July 2023! So it's not even been a year. How awful for her to hear she won't be resigned and needs to leave in the summer window (if that is true after all). I wonder why she only signed a 1 year deal?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 11:46
I think all tillies Olympic squad will have a few weeks off inbetween the china games and the pre Olympic training camp / next fifa window. Impossible for them to end the season, go straight into a friendly/UWCL final, head to aus camp, then back into another camp - it just won’t happen. They need time off somewhere. Think for some of them who don’t have games after the WSL ends will have a few days/1 week off before reporting for camp, and then after the china camp ALL players should have a few weeks. Guess the time off after Olympics depends on how far they get, their teams schedule eg Arsenal will have champs league qualifiers. Don’t think the season starts until late September for next season WSL (not sure about other leagues) so should get a bit of time off after the Olympics regardless. Fact it’s in Europe helps with less travel and stuff too.

Da fuck this sounds hectic. If Sam Kerr didn’t get injured this Jan surely she would be injured with this schedule damn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 13:01
Guest wrote:

Da fuck this sounds hectic. If Sam Kerr didn’t get injured this Jan surely she would be injured with this schedule damn
The schedule is completely unsustainable long-term for women's international footballers nowadays. To have major tournaments nearly every summer, constant international breaks, leagues lasting 8/9 months of the year and then heading straight back into more international football. It is impossible for players to manage and stay injury free. Even when you don't have a major tournament such as those teams not in the olympics this summer still have football and therefore still need to keep training post season because they have euro qualifiers. Not to be OT here but people said it was good GB weren't in the olympics so their players can have a summer off....newsflash they will have euro qualifiers a week after WSL ends and then have another 2 euro qualifiers in July. Then head back into preseason. That isn't exactly a summer off in my eyes.
When you factor in the additional travel the Aussies are doing, it is just mind-blowing the stress they are putting their bodies through year round to compete.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 13:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The schedule is completely unsustainable long-term for women's international footballers nowadays. To have major tournaments nearly every summer, constant international breaks, leagues lasting 8/9 months of the year and then heading straight back into more international football. It is impossible for players to manage and stay injury free. Even when you don't have a major tournament such as those teams not in the olympics this summer still have football and therefore still need to keep training post season because they have euro qualifiers. Not to be OT here but people said it was good GB weren't in the olympics so their players can have a summer off....newsflash they will have euro qualifiers a week after WSL ends and then have another 2 euro qualifiers in July. Then head back into preseason. That isn't exactly a summer off in my eyes.
When you factor in the additional travel the Aussies are doing, it is just mind-blowing the stress they are putting their bodies through year round to compete.
Daan (Ellie’s fiancée) has been VERY (very very very) outspoken about this during every international break all year thus far. Just this most recent one she talked about it and how there is no rest. She said they can’t see their families, they can’t enjoy any part of their lives that aren’t football, she said she knows it sounds weird from the outside because doing what you love for a living is a privilege but it’s really, really hard and only getting worse with scheduling. It is not sustainable and injuries are only going to increase. Look at Ellie and Sam. Both of their injuries came off the back of being borderline burnt out. They got a year of rest, yes, but it was only because their bodies gave out. That’s a massive problem and I don’t see how it gets any better going forward unless FIFA actually listens to these players and their near constant push for actual rest built in to the schedule. The Tillies are lucky in that they don’t have a major tournament next year. But they’ll still have games every international break on top of club commitments

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 13:45
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 13:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Daan (Ellie’s fiancée) has been VERY (very very very) outspoken about this during every international break all year thus far. Just this most recent one she talked about it and how there is no rest. She said they can’t see their families, they can’t enjoy any part of their lives that aren’t football, she said she knows it sounds weird from the outside because doing what you love for a living is a privilege but it’s really, really hard and only getting worse with scheduling. It is not sustainable and injuries are only going to increase. Look at Ellie and Sam. Both of their injuries came off the back of being borderline burnt out. They got a year of rest, yes, but it was only because their bodies gave out. That’s a massive problem and I don’t see how it gets any better going forward unless FIFA actually listens to these players and their near constant push for actual rest built in to the schedule. The Tillies are lucky in that they don’t have a major tournament next year. But they’ll still have games every international break on top of club commitments
da. could not agree more. The scheduling puts them in such a difficult position both as footballers and humans too. Physically I don't see how the schedule is possible to maintain and mentally it surely takes a toll on them as people too? The older tillies will likely just have to get on with it and deal with it for their last few years in football but you wonder the toll this schedule will have on likes of Ellie, Mary, Clare hunt etc by the time they reach the age of sam, Caitlin, Mac, alanna, Steph etc. careers will be cut short thats for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 08:51
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 08:47
Aw, looks like Lani made a quick trip back to Aus to surprise her sister and meet her nephew. So cute!
The last photo in the post made me laugh out loud lmao I want to be that aunt too
Best Auntie!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 14:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Aw, looks like Lani made a quick trip back to Aus to surprise her sister and meet her nephew. So cute!
The last photo in the post made me laugh out loud lmao I want to be that aunt too
Best Auntie!
Lani flying around the world just to meet her nephew for a few days. Best aunt for sure!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 12:15
I didn't realise Raso had only been at Real Madrid since July 2023! So it's not even been a year. How awful for her to hear she won't be resigned and needs to leave in the summer window (if that is true after all). I wonder why she only signed a 1 year deal?!
DA don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere (either on the International thread, Twitter, or Tumblr so not exactly watertight sources haha) that Real Madrid doesn't sign players who are around 30 or older to contracts longer than a year, they sign them on year-long contracts and re-evaluate. Seems a bit ageist to me if that's true. Think we'll see Raso back in the WSL, think she'd do well at a mid-table team like Liverpool.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 15:39
Guest wrote:
DA don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere (either on the International thread, Twitter, or Tumblr so not exactly watertight sources haha) that Real Madrid doesn't sign players who are around 30 or older to contracts longer than a year, they sign them on year-long contracts and re-evaluate. Seems a bit ageist to me if that's true. Think we'll see Raso back in the WSL, think she'd do well at a mid-table team like Liverpool.
I thought it was to do with liga f having quite strict rules about the number of non european players in the squad- as wasn't that the issue barca had with bronze and walsh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 15:42
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 15:39
Guest wrote:
I thought it was to do with liga f having quite strict rules about the number of non european players in the squad- as wasn't that the issue barca had with bronze and walsh?
Anon you quoted, that could also be it! I know Barca eventually solved the issue by registering Bronze as Portuguese (her dad is Portuguese and she's also a Portuguese citizen) which of course wouldn't work in Raso's case unless she qualifies for Irish citizenship through a grandparent or great-grandparent or something haha.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her name isn't even hard to pronounce :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You must be new to following Katie she always went on holidays that stunning with Ruesha so it's nothing new just a different girl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do you post tiktoks on here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The drama around the Lionesses is wild!! I’m glad the Matildas has back bone and have strong friendship core groups because at the end of the day all respect each other

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Katie's snapchat is a gift 🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 18:00
Post the link

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 18:45
Guest wrote:
Post the link
Do it at your own risk because it also reveals your username. It’ll show something like “do you want to follow (whatever your username is)” or something like that.

But maybe you will also find others with similar interests so your choice I guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 18:18

Seems like it's the equivalent of vsco for lia and cait.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

It's getting worse everyday 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 18:04
The drama around the Lionesses is wild!! I’m glad the Matildas has back bone and have strong friendship core groups because at the end of the day all respect each other

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:15
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It was actually Lauren James who unfollowed 4 of the united/lioness girls. She throw her toys out her pram

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It was actually Lauren James who unfollowed 4 of the united/lioness girls. She throw her toys out her pram
Who did she unfollow? There was the incident with Turner but why has she unfollowed others too?!
I’m really glad the Aussies don’t have egos and drama queens in the team!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Who did she unfollow? There was the incident with Turner but why has she unfollowed others too?!
Toone, Zelem and Mary Earps

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:54
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 19:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Toone, Zelem and Mary Earps
And Keira Walsh now aswell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is in no way, shape, or form on topic in here. No Australian players were involved nor are they being discussed. Zero need to be talking about this here. There’s an international thread *and* an English thread where this is on topic. Take it there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 18:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Post the link
Do it at your own risk because it also reveals your username. It’ll show something like “do you want to follow (whatever your username is)” or something like that.

But maybe you will also find others with similar interests so your choice I guess.
Ignore this person. All you have to do is delete everything from the link after the ? and it won't do this. I suggest everyone to do this for sharing any social media posts including instagram and twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Agree. I saw a comment and I’m not sure if it was here or not, that Snapchat is “less public” than Insta or TikTok, so they’re more willing to share parts of their relationship, while knowing it’s going to end up on the other platforms.

Also seems like Monday is their fun night haha. Topgolf a couple weeks ago, and now the arcade and bowling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Agree. I saw a comment and I’m not sure if it was here or not, that Snapchat is “less public” than Insta or TikTok, so they’re more willing to share parts of their relationship, while knowing it’s going to end up on the other platforms.

Also seems like Monday is their fun night haha. Topgolf a couple weeks ago, and now the arcade and bowling.
Makes sense since they always have the day after match day off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 21:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t think it’s less attention they’re looking for. McCabe hasn’t posted as much as she does lately for a very long time. I think there’s a chance she’s being paid by Snapchat because it’s very random that she suddenly joined and seems to post for the sake of it. It was the case that Snapchat were paying celebs to rejoin to try to reinvigorate it so maybe its trickled down to football players

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 21:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Post the link

Ignore this person. All you have to do is delete everything from the link after the ? and it won't do this. I suggest everyone to do this for sharing any social media posts including instagram and twitter.
Yep, just remove everything after the "?" in the url, and it pops up fine. Or if you're not comfortable anny, just share the username.. Who/What was the tiktok about that you're wanting to share?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 21:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t think it’s less attention they’re looking for. McCabe hasn’t posted as much as she does lately for a very long time. I think there’s a chance she’s being paid by Snapchat because it’s very random that she suddenly joined and seems to post for the sake of it. It was the case that Snapchat were paying celebs to rejoin to try to reinvigorate it so maybe its trickled down to football players
She will have been paid for first promoting Snapchat and making an account. I work as an influencer coordinator and Snapchat has been in contact with our agency with deals to help “revitalise the platform”. I don’t believe it’s an ongoing posting agreement tho, so it’s likely she just enjoyed it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She will have been paid for first promoting Snapchat and making an account. I work as an influencer coordinator and Snapchat has been in contact with our agency with deals to help “revitalise the platform”. I don’t believe it’s an ongoing posting agreement tho, so it’s likely she just enjoyed it.
Yeah she would have been paid for the first few snaps and promoting it on Insta, but as others have said think it’s now more used for the more relaxed nature of being able to post parts of her and Cait’s relationship and the fun they get up to without the pressure of it being TikTok or Instagram.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reported as this is off topic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
At least the Lionesses don't cheat with eachother unlike Carpenter/Simon/Kennedy 🤐

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:36
Cute. Did they always warm up together? I know they have for the last year or so, but did Caitlin warm up with someone before they started dating? Never paid attention!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:51
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:36
Cute. Did they always warm up together? I know they have for the last year or so, but did Caitlin warm up with someone before they started dating? Never paid attention!
Think they always have together as I saw a twitter post easier of a 'throwback', I will link it below:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pretty sure the photo was taken at same time of this video,

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 23:01
Pretty sure the photo was taken at same time of this video,
Yeah they warm up together every week, not exactly a surprise tbh. I think they’ve been doing it for a long time, but she was probably paired with Lia at one point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Best Auntie!
Cuuuute!!! I remember that anon who said they sat next to Lani at a coffee shop in Melb and she was talking about really wanting to see her nephew and complaining how tight the international turn around was so she wasn’t able to that camp. So it’s extra special she’s made the trip over to see them. Really meaningful to her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 22:27
Guest wrote:
At least the Lionesses don't cheat with eachother unlike Carpenter/Simon/Kennedy 🤐
STFU

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Best Auntie!
Cuuuute!!! I remember that anon who said they sat next to Lani at a coffee shop in Melb and she was talking about really wanting to see her nephew and complaining how tight the international turn around was so she wasn’t able to that camp. So it’s extra special she’s made the trip over to see them. Really meaningful to her.
These pics make me realise some of the older girls will possibly become mums in the next few years! Strange seeing them with a baby and not a football haha. Lani looks so in her element.