Christen Press and Tobin Heath

Reactions:

Re: Christen Press and Tobin Heath

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:36
I am not a doctor, but my blind optimism has me hoping for a July 29th return. After the 20 day league break.
You speaking like it facts, if I follow all your comments about Press injury you would have me believing she is still in a cast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:41
Guest wrote:
I am not a doctor, but my blind optimism has me hoping for a July 29th return. After the 20 day league break.
You speaking like it facts, if I follow all your comments about Press injury you would have me believing she is still in a cast.
What does this even mean? I literally said my hope was based on nothing but optimism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Press seems like she gained few pounds which is great sh look stronger also.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:41
Guest wrote:
DA This is such an odd response to OP saying they weren’t a doctor and mentioning “blind optimism” while being optimistic lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:13
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:05
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:00
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:52
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:46

Yaaaa it seems a bit timed lol. Her timeline really is going right up to the wire. With little to no games under her belt, she really shouldn’t be going, BUT if she somehow does, get that money girl lol.
She’s not you moron. You and Op are making stuff up in your head just so you can be mad about something that’s not happening. Lol. You’ve been doing this since her ESPN video.
Idk about OP but I was mostly joking. Don’t be so uptight and defensive. She obviously posted it because she’s happy about it. Her recovery timeline just so happens to be right up next to the roster drop. Who cares, not that serious.
It’s not right up next to the roster drop lmao. She won’t be ready for games until August/September. Roster drop is in a week. Nothing is in line at all lol.
Where are you getting August/September from?
That's what I want to know too, lol?? The same anon always says this like they know exactly what's happening as far as when Press will return, when it sounds more like their opinion not FACTs, only based on whatever they believe to be true about her time frame of return to play protocol. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

💗

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:48

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:01
💗

It’s on the exact one year anniversary of tearing her ACL 😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What stage of recovery is shooting?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:33
What stage of recovery is shooting?
Pretty early like 6 months, but that doesn’t mean she’s not also doing doing other stages. She’s likely working on several things. She can be shooting but also working on change of direction. So it’s hard to say what stage she’s actually at. It’s not like she just shoots for 3 weeks straight and then moves onto the next thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Press does look like the break although unfortunate work out because she seems to gain some weight and is looking stronger.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I love seeing so many of her teammates commenting on the post :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 04:43

She tweeted this a month and a half ago too. I wonder what her job is? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 22:43
Guest wrote:
I love seeing so many of her teammates commenting on the post :heart:
Fran and will commented on it too, Christen must be very happy with her progress post 3rd surgery it’s amazing to see 🥹 da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 05:29
Guest wrote:

Barista or something? Either that or waitress. It’d have to be somewhere they’d go pretty often and they both love coffee.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 06:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Barista or something? Either that or waitress. It’d have to be somewhere they’d go pretty often and they both love coffee.
Now that CP is training Tobin is going alone

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

One of her other tweets mentions having to talk to people from work that are in other departments. So maybe a grocery store or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BTS of Tobins latest artwork is out on respace

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Today is Christen's talk, right? I hope that someone later told us that she said to those of us who cannot see it. Thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:30
Today is Christen's talk, right? I hope that someone later told us that she said to those of us who cannot see it. Thank you
Does anyone know what time this will happen?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:42
Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:30
Does anyone know what time this will happen?
10 am pacific time, 1pm eastern time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What was the cringy thing that people were doing during the zoom call? I see people talking about it on Tumblr. I don’t feel like waiting a few weeks to find out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 18:07
What was the cringy thing that people were doing during the zoom call? I see people talking about it on Tumblr. I don’t feel like waiting a few weeks to find out.
It wasn’t really THAT cringy, just someone asking a question and kind of taking up a lot of time to ask the question with a whole backstory. Think Christen was trying to butt in to answer and the other girl kept talking. It was fine though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 18:26
Guest wrote:
It wasn’t really THAT cringy, just someone asking a question and kind of taking up a lot of time to ask the question with a whole backstory. Think Christen was trying to butt in to answer and the other girl kept talking. It was fine though.
Christen was very sweet about it. The girl was young and just slightly long winded. But she brought up good points so kudos to her!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

At this rate I’m worried Press will have to carry the team again when she’s back. I wish her teammates were better so she could ease into it before carrying like usual.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 18:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Christen was very sweet about it. The girl was young and just slightly long winded. But she brought up good points so kudos to her!
Da pretty cruel to make fun of her on tumblr. I wish re could figure out how to block these losers from the membership. It is supposed to be a private discussion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 19:15
Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 18:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da pretty cruel to make fun of her on tumblr. I wish re could figure out how to block these losers from the membership. It is supposed to be a private discussion.
There are people so miserable and sad that they think they're better off laughing at people. I'm sure it's just envy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 20:20
The framed photo of CP’s mom in the background :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“Tobin sprang into action. Working between grueling physical therapy sessions and the demands of RE—INC, Tobin found reprieve in putting paint to canvas.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 00:23
“Tobin sprang into action. Working between grueling physical therapy sessions and the demands of RE—INC, Tobin found reprieve in putting paint to canvas.”
Not me getting back on the “rehabbing to return” train. I really am an idiot because regular non athletes go to physical therapy all the time, so it’s possible she’s just getting her body back separate from soccer. I’ll choose delusion today tho lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 00:36
Guest wrote:
Not me getting back on the “rehabbing to return” train. I really am an idiot because regular non athletes go to physical therapy all the time, so it’s possible she’s just getting her body back separate from soccer. I’ll choose delusion today tho lol.
Didn’t Kim say something on Twitter a while back basically implying Tobs and ACFC have been in talks but she is rehabbing first? I always got the vibe she’ll eventually sign but will only do it once she’s healthy. From both Tobin and ACFC perspective waiting until she’s healthy makes the most sense. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 00:47
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 00:36
Guest wrote:
Didn’t Kim say something on Twitter a while back basically implying Tobs and ACFC have been in talks but she is rehabbing first? I always got the vibe she’ll eventually sign but will only do it once she’s healthy. From both Tobin and ACFC perspective waiting until she’s healthy makes the most sense. Da
It all makes complete sense and Kim did say as much, but thats a lot of time from when Kim was employed by ACFC until now. I think the silence is the issue for me even if it makes sense because she has no team and isn't on the NT anymore. And i didn't realize how injured she was, maybe it's a mixture of a bad injury and her not being completely healthy in so long.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seems like a Sam Mewis type situation where clean up surgery didn’t help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 01:30
:fool: it isn't the same at all. She's had a longer road back, but isn't out. She'll finish out the launch of re-media and be back on a team soon after the WC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 01:44
Guest wrote:
:fool: it isn't the same at all. She's had a longer road back, but isn't out. She'll finish out the launch of re-media and be back on a team soon after the WC.
Sam wasn’t out either until she was. Sam is still trying to come back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 01:52
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 01:44
Guest wrote:
Sam wasn’t out either until she was. Sam is still trying to come back.
They are completely different situations. No resemblance at all outside of your imagination.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It’s hard to say without knowing what her surgery was for, with Sam at least there was rumors she would never play again for months before it was announced but that hasn’t happened with Tobin. With Tobin all we’ve heard is that she was gonna sign with ACFC but then was more injured than initially thought. Part of me wonders if she’s just using this year as a break and taking a longer time to get healthy because she can. She’s not trying to meet some tournament or camp deadline anymore, if she wants to prolong her career it’s a decent idea.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 02:00
Guest wrote:
It’s hard to say without knowing what her surgery was for, with Sam at least there was rumors she would never play again for months before it was announced but that hasn’t happened with Tobin. With Tobin all we’ve heard is that she was gonna sign with ACFC but then was more injured than initially thought. Part of me wonders if she’s just using this year as a break and taking a longer time to get healthy because she can. She’s not trying to meet some tournament or camp deadline anymore, if she wants to prolong her career it’s a decent idea.
The only reason it would be “intense” physical therapy is if there is a rush to get back or if her knee has major damage that they are struggling to get right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 02:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The only reason it would be “intense” physical therapy is if there is a rush to get back or if her knee has major damage that they are struggling to get right.
DA ...Or physical therapy can be painful and not at all fun and can be a lot or intense sometimes. We don't know anything so anyone could be right, but there have been murmurs of Sam never playing football again for quite awhile and the why's as to that speculation. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there are many reasons someone would use the word "intense."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 02:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA ...Or physical therapy can be painful and not at all fun and can be a lot or intense sometimes. We don't know anything so anyone could be right, but there have been murmurs of Sam never playing football again for quite awhile and the why's as to that speculation. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there are many reasons someone would use the word "intense."
Sam was out for a 8+ months before there were rumors of her not playing again. (And she said she’s still working back to playing again, so it’s not a guarantee that she won’t ever play again). And no offense but the “journalists” care way more to ask about and find out about Sam than they do about Tobin and Tobin likely wouldn’t give them any info anyway. So of course we heard more about Sam.

A surgery (presumably a microscopic clean up surgery) that had an estimated 6-8 weeks out and ends up keeping someone out for 9 months is leaning towards irreparable cartilage damage. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 02:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sam was out for a 8+ months before there were rumors of her not playing again. (And she said she’s still working back to playing again, so it’s not a guarantee that she won’t ever play again). And no offense but the “journalists” care way more to ask about and find out about Sam than they do about Tobin and Tobin likely wouldn’t give them any info anyway. So of course we heard more about Sam.

A surgery (presumably a microscopic clean up surgery) that had an estimated 6-8 weeks out and ends up keeping someone out for 9 months is leaning towards irreparable cartilage damage. Da
… or have you considered she’s just taking her time because she doesn’t want her next season to end in injury like her past 3 in a row? What’s the rush? She’s not on the NT anymore, Christen’s injured anyway, and she’s working on Re inc? If it was irreparable cartilage damage she wouldn’t be doing intense rehab to get back to the pitch, she’s 35 if that was the case she’d just retire outright. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No offense taken lol. Tobin has been out of the NT mix for a bit and Sam was still “supposed” to be a big part. Not to mention “journos” and actual journos have requested interviews about other things with Tobin and they’ve been denied multiple times. Why would they keep asking when everyone is kind of assuming she’s going to one team or retiring? And idc either way, tosay was the first time I squinted my eyes at Tobin maybe still playing, but I’m not itching for her to get back like I was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

… or have you considered she’s just taking her time because she doesn’t want her next season to end in injury like her past 3 in a row? What’s the rush? She’s not on the NT anymore, Christen’s injured anyway, and she’s working on Re inc? If it was irreparable cartilage damage she wouldn’t be doing intense rehab to get back to the pitch, she’s 35 if that was the case she’d just retire outright. DA
Idk what’s the rush? She’s the one doing intense rehab? She wouldn’t have to be rehabbing so hard if she wasn’t in a rush or if it wasn’t serious. I don’t think she would retire without giving rehab everything she has first. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just feel like Tobin is taking her time and the necessary precautions this time. For the longevity of her career. I think when she signs for ACFC, it will be her last club and she will want to play as much as possible and leave on a high note. The saddest thing that can happen to an athlete is to retire because of an injury, and I’m hoping that’s not the case with Tobin.