The Official Tennis Thread - Part II

Reactions:

Re: The Official Tennis Thread - Part II

Post by Guest »

Some random account on Twitter was in WTA and Roland Garros replies bringing up alleged relationship between Iga and Daria(and tagging both of them as well)and demanding Daria be investigated for grooming and not being professionally ethical.Those tweets were first hidden then they disappeared(deleted or removed idk).I have not been one to go looking for stuff about Iga/Daria(because it might well just be chronically online stuff from weirdo trolls you know?) but I was wondering how well known is this Iga/Daria thing beyond tennis forums? I hope for Iga's sake it's untrue and she doesn't know about online craziness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:18
Some random account on Twitter was in WTA and Roland Garros replies bringing up alleged relationship between Iga and Daria(and tagging both of them as well)and demanding Daria be investigated for grooming and not being professionally ethical.Those tweets were first hidden then they disappeared(deleted or removed idk).I have not been one to go looking for stuff about Iga/Daria(because it might well just be chronically online stuff from weirdo trolls you know?) but I was wondering how well known is this Iga/Daria thing beyond tennis forums? I hope for Iga's sake it's untrue and she doesn't know about online craziness.
I really don't think 'mainstream' or casual tennis fans know anything about this stuff.I doubt they would ever believe it if they hear about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Enough about Iga and enough about the French Open. Who's got tea? Who are the potentially gay/bi players?

I reckon that anon who said they think Badosa and Tsitsipas are a PR couple for Break Point on Netflix is right.No way she chooses that guy for real. She has too much choice available to her,men or women(I always get a bi vibe from her). I do wish Netflix had set her up in a same-sex PR relationship though...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't watched any match of Muchova, is she be able to upset Iga?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:50
Enough about Iga and enough about the French Open. Who's got tea? Who are the potentially gay/bi players?

I reckon that anon who said they think Badosa and Tsitsipas are a PR couple for Break Point on Netflix is right.No way she chooses that guy for real. She has too much choice available to her,men or women(I always get a bi vibe from her). I do wish Netflix had set her up in a same-sex PR relationship though...
That does make sense. It all went so fast: Juan was with Paula in Indian Wells and Miami, then he‘s not in her box at the clay tournaments anymore and Badosa called out that spanish gossip magazine that reported about their break up, saying it‘s not the case. That was during Rome and not even one month later she goes „Spotify official“ with Tsitsipas? Mhh… :tinfoil:
We will see, I hope we get a lot of content (and drama) at least.

Gay/bi players: how about Muchova? There were rumors that her and Rebel Wilson were more than just friends. Not sure if that was legit or just something tennis twitter made up, though :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:16
Would be a big, big upset but who knows. Oddschecker has 2/17 for Iga or 9/2 for Muchova, which imply ~85% chance Iga wins.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who do you all see winning the dudes' semis? I want Alcaraz/Ruud but fear we get Joker/Wifebeater.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:32
Who do you all see winning the dudes' semis? I want Alcaraz/Ruud but fear we get Joker/Wifebeater.
Djoko and Ruud please :fingcross:

Dragonfish
Reactions: 87

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:41
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:16
Would be a big, big upset but who knows. Oddschecker has 2/17 for Iga or 9/2 for Muchova, which imply ~85% chance Iga wins.
Yeh I’d back these odds. I’d say considering how long the match was yesterday for Muchova she’s gonna be tired tomorrow. She was cramping up pretty badly yesterday. Having said that, to come back from 5-2 down to win takes some mental strength!

I reckon 6-4, 6,4 Iga tbh.

Yesterday’s match was fantastic, though!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 08:24
Guest wrote:
I want Djokovic and Ruud too. If it's Alcaraz and Zverev I will give the final a miss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 12:02
*Besides Suarez Navarro having twin girls and the Badosa/Tsitsipas relationship what other personal news or gossip have people on this thread heard about the players?

*I want Muchova and Ruud to win the French Open titles.

*I love that Ana Ivanovic reminds fans every year of her French Open title.It's kind of funny in a nice way.

*I read about PGA Tour/LIV/DP Tour merger in golf. Do we think Saudi involvement at the top of pro tennis(I know there is the Diriyah Cup but that is an exhibition)is inevitable?I think it is unfortunately.And I don't believe the stuff about Saudi involvement in sports and entertainment will help their country modernize.

I hope my English is OK.Thank you.
Saudis are definitely looking to get more involved with tennis. Particularly WTA because it's so vulnerable. Last year they announced they wanted to join the tour but now that the China relationship is patched up it seems not so inevitable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I want Ruud for sure and I don't know which fanbase will be more insufferable between Alcaraz and Djokovic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 11:32
Guest wrote:
I want Ruud for sure and I don't know which fanbase will be more insufferable between Alcaraz and Djokovic.
i want Ruud to win but i think it will be an inevitable Joker win.

the women's semis were fantastic. Bia gave a very close run to Iga in the second set.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck NBC for the way they chose to air that. Network came in at like the last 10 good minutes of Alcaraz/Joker and then it was just sad immobile crampfest for another hour.

Was a terrible choice on the women's side too but at least the end of Saba/Muchova was great tennis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 08:24
Guest wrote:
I was right ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hahahahaha wifebeating shitbag got bageled to close out his straight-set demolition

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hate Ruud.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol since when Stef and Paula are dating? I thought he already had a gf.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know she's a total underdog but good luvlck today Karolina Muchova. So impressive to come back from her various injuries and reach a Grand Slam final.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 08:17
I know she's a total underdog but good luvlck today Karolina Muchova. So impressive to come back from her various injuries and reach a Grand Slam final.
*Luck not luvlck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let’s go Iga, better make it quick as I have to go out in the afternoon :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Come on Iga!!!!

:fingcross: :fingcross: :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sigh, another flopping finalist, and boring match. Aryna would have given more fun and competitive match.
Hopefully, Ruud can perform better than last year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 10:34
Let’s go Iga, better make it quick as I have to go out in the afternoon :lol:
SA
Ah, Karolina has been playing really nice. Won’t be mad at her if she pulls it off lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Muchova pings to high heaven.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WHAT A FUCKING MATCH!!!!!!!

I just wish championship point hadn't been a df

But so much fun with Iga & Muchova hitting from all over the court

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Noo Muchova was so close :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lmao she shook the fuckin lid off the trophy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What a fight krom Karolina! I've become a fan
And she has gorgeous eyes :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1st iga gs final that i watched and it did not disappoint :dance2: and i really enjoyed the match the 2 times when iga took her shirt off on court :hudoin:

Dragonfish
Reactions: 87

Post by Dragonfish »

Great final. I was concerned after the first set Iga was just gonna walk it, but so glad Karolina fought back. Such a shame she couldn’t quite do it in the third set, but a great final!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 16:27
Iga’s so clumsy and awkward I swear :rofl: she’s so relatable, happy for her :dance2:

Chris talking to her during the trophy presentation and Iga asking her “did you see my serve?! 😱” is another gold moment :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:06
Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 16:27
Iga’s so clumsy and awkward I swear :rofl: she’s so relatable, happy for her :dance2:

Chris talking to her during the trophy presentation and Iga asking her “did you see my serve?! 😱” is another gold moment :rofl:

gold moment/ how old are you? 12?
YEah I agree with her, it is embarrasing, that slam winner (which is not actually a slam when it comes to women) has so poor serve and gets 2.5 m because rival choked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hmmmm guys????

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Mr Tsurenko should tell whole world what his country did to women in Odessa, May 2015. I ve got pictures , I can remind him.
Serena Wiliams played normally when her country was killing syrian chilren and bombing school.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And someone else is wondering why there is "tension in the locker room"?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:43

hmmmm guys????
Like a ukrainian I can understand a level of hate, cause you know, a few days ago russians blew up the dam in Nova Kahovka, that caused the flooding of dozens of cities and towns, killed some species of animals forever because they lived only there, and will cause an environmental disaster in the future there and nobody in the world cares a lot, only a words of condolences.
Angie Kalinina is from this city. She posted in her insta that all city under water and her and her grandma houses as well. And this is just one example of the grief and misery that Russia has brought over the past 9 years. There are many more.

But even for me it's too much. The guy has to watch his words. For other world who lives in safe and came to watch roland garros or other tournamenta this is hatespeech and this will not help or solve the problem and he need to understand that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hate speech is hate speech. It can't be justified. Jesus... Don't bring this to the tennis forum!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this Tsurenko's coach... is it he who harrassed Aryna? what a moron.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tbh Mauresmo's whole power dyke thing fuckin' works for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 04:08
What is this even in reference of in between all the Russo-ukraine trolling?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

hmmmm guys????
One of the tennis twitter accounts a few months ago said he's an extreme homophobe. It also said he was trying to instigate a physical fight with Sabalenka...yeah, for real, he tried to fight a woman. And apparently Rublev hit him square in the face, but not sure if it was to defend Sabalenka or an unrelated incident.

Back then I didn't believe it because it almost made him sound like a cartoon villain, but ever since there's been only things to confirm he's a horrendous person. Frankly it's not too surprising though because I believe he's a former player from that generation of Ukrainian male players that were extremely outspokenly homophobic, but I don't remember ATP being bullied by anyone into banning them from playing or policing their opinions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 05:02
Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 04:08
What is this even in reference of in between all the Russo-ukraine trolling?
I just saw her in some of the RG stuff and thought she was hot. Fuck knows the thread could use some basic simping over a tennis lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

hmmmm guys????
Vlasov is enough brave for saying stupid bs but not enough brave for going to war.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Badosa and Tsitsipas are definitely a fake couple. Not sure why they are doing this - maybe for Netflix or something. Or just for their own entertainment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dnft:
Vlasov is a fucker. That's all that matters for this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Already a circus with first closing and now reopening of the roof. Make up your mind clowns

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 11:06
Badosa and Tsitsipas are definitely a fake couple. Not sure why they are doing this - maybe for Netflix or something. Or just for their own entertainment.
All their videos give me girl with her gay bestie vibe lmao. Not that I think he is gay but their videos are so OTT and lack any sexual chemistry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The CYGS seems possible for Djoker, if he can play at the US.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 16:32
The CYGS seems possible for Djoker, if he can play at the US.
US already lifted vax requirement for entry in May. He has the CYGS unless he gets injured. I am unlikely to watch a single men's tennis match until he retires because the outcome is inevitable.