Volleyball

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

The Thai team is a joy to watch. Wipawee flying!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nervous. I know Serbias gonna beat Türkiye but i still have hope.

Also YES I love the Thai team. They have so much spirit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 13:55
Nervous. I know Serbias gonna beat Türkiye but i still have hope.

Also YES I love the Thai team. They have so much spirit
Vargas makes a huge difference. Serbia OH's, libero and setter better. Turkey have the advantage in the middle and OPP. Home court advantage for the Turks. Antalya was ROCKING yesterday. Looking forward to it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Suddenly Hande putting passes on a dime.

Is the Ecz jersey just cursed?

I did not have Hande and Aydin outplaying Lozo and Busa by a considerable margin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cannot stand the sight of Santarelli.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 18:36
Haha don't be a hater.
Omg I love you Turkiye!!! :argh: I think they always had potential but not enough to get it over the line. Always the underdog but it got to a point where we're left thinking is this even gonna happen?! Maybe Santarelli and Vargas are the refresh we needed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 22:13
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 18:36
Haha don't be a hater.
Omg I love you Turkiye!!! :argh: I think they always had potential but not enough to get it over the line. Always the underdog but it got to a point where we're left thinking is this even gonna happen?! Maybe Santarelli and Vargas are the refresh we needed
Girl, I'm gonna be salty for a while. :lol:

Santarelli and Vargas made a huge difference, and the rest of the girls looked reinvigorated and pressure free. What a pleasure to watch them play in such an atmosphere.

Serbia's pass was <30%. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As affectionate and clingy as ever :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:50
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:31
Everyone needs to warm up it seems. Some unexpected wins. Thought it was going to go Brazil and Serbia's way. Btw how did majority of the stronger teams all end up together in anatalya. Who did this draw? They need to rethink.
I love that with a fresh coach Türkiye have a deeper bench. It's always been an issue. Also Vargas I love you
I told y'all. Shes friend flirting. If Hande were fam Vargas would be her type. But she's not so we're stuck with crumbs haha.

Also we know 1st week most times is throwaway but really Poland beat Italy? What even is going on?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Actually watching Poland v SER and they're playing really well.

But also Serbia's passing is so bad. Wth. And I'm excited to see maja come on and work with guidetti haha it's been a minute for them two.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 11:57
Actually watching Poland v SER and they're playing really well.

But also Serbia's passing is so bad. Wth. And I'm excited to see maja come on and work with guidetti haha it's been a minute for them two.
Guidetti throwing the kitchen sink at this game. Every outside hitter has played to try to pick up the receiving.

Poland better blocking and attack.

Let’s see what set 3 brings!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lazovic had a very good game passing and attacking. Can't say any of the other Serbian girls stepped up.

Obviously the game against Canada is a must win, but week 2 doesn't get any easier for Serbia. I think they have Brazil and Japan on the docket.

Guidetti already chucking the clip board. lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are Maja and Bosko not playing for Serbia?
I know they dont really care about VLN.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bosko didn't play VNL last year either and they got third place…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 18:09
As affectionate and clingy as ever :lol:

noo i more to zehra and vargas :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 14:20
Santarelli really helped with the confidence of Busa, Aleksic and Lozo last yr. Plus Stevanovic was highly motivated to prove herself on her comeback to the NT.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the players were quite thrown by Santarelli quitting on them. It was a slimy transaction, lets be real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 13:29
Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 02:41
I think egonu is on italy large roster. but she probably won't play first week vnl. same with other star players from other countries. first week vnl is for the b team.
Me being so left behind with international matches I don't even know who are in the A team anymore :nervous: I thought Larson was retired but she's still on the roster? :nervous:
i'm pretty sure she said she's gonna come back for the euros, so we're egonuless :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 16:48
Guest wrote:
Santarelli really helped with the confidence of Busa, Aleksic and Lozo last yr. Plus Stevanovic was highly motivated to prove herself on her comeback to the NT.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the players were quite thrown by Santarelli quitting on them. It was a slimy transaction, lets be real.
i hope he's gonna train italy after we inevitably tank at the olympics :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 16:48
Guest wrote:

Ah this happened to Netherlands with Guidetti of all people. The Orange girls did not hold back, as the Dutch do, on sharing their heart break in interviews. It really must be discouraging to find a great thing with a coach for it to be poached by that exact reason with glitz and, well, money. He was poached by Türkiye too. (I know they weren't really stolen, poach rhymed, deal with it lol)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so after seeing both carols comment hearts on lubian's travel dump with antropova, i am more convinced than ever that they're together. the gay summoned the carols.

also, i'm loving this new (ana) carol x lubian friendship, i want to see double dates with buijrol and lubiantropova (ship name is a work in progress lmao) next season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know y'all lost to china but I'm still so jelly of the Brazil line up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 23:26
so after seeing both carols comment hearts on lubian's travel dump with antropova, i am more convinced than ever that they're together. the gay summoned the carols.

also, i'm loving this new (ana) carol x lubian friendship, i want to see double dates with buijrol and lubiantropova (ship name is a work in progress lmao) next season
actually nvm i just read the caption 🤡 both of them still ping though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 05:17
Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 23:26

actually nvm i just read the caption 🤡 both of them still ping though
if they're really just friends it's hilarious, they're both so gay looking :rofl:

After being let down by several volleyball ships i only stan confirmed couples i refuse to be bamboozled by the straights again :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lmao, turkey beaten by usa b team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 19:24
I didn't see the 5th set, just the 3-4. Turkey looked very good, especially when they ran away with the 4th. To come back and see they lost the 5th is a surprise. Did the US manage to get a few stops on Vargas?

It was interesting to see how Karakurt and Vargas played together.

Bring on week 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If I was Boskovic I'd take the entire VNL off. I don't understand why she'd rush back to play this competition when they have Olympic quallies and Euros later this summer.

Guidetti also looks like he could have used a vacation. I know coaches like him... chain smoking and watching video til 4 am, grumpy AF, tossing clipboards, losing hope after 5 points. He looked absolutely miserable on the sidelines. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 19:49
If I was Boskovic I'd take the entire VNL off. I don't understand why she'd rush back to play this competition when they have Olympic quallies and Euros later this summer.

Guidetti also looks like he could have used a vacation. I know coaches like him... chain smoking and watching video til 4 am, grumpy AF, tossing clipboards, losing hope after 5 points. He looked absolutely miserable on the sidelines. :rofl:
Bosko will play VNL?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 19:44
Guest wrote:
I didn't see the 5th set, just the 3-4. Turkey looked very good, especially when they ran away with the 4th. To come back and see they lost the 5th is a surprise. Did the US manage to get a few stops on Vargas?

Bring on week 2.
Turkey doesn’t have a spiker with decent reception and Hande was terrible in the 5th set. It was wrong to bring her in. She gets all sorts of threats and insults right now. She should disable the comment sections and think about her terrible career choices. She’s gone as soon as someone works her way up like Aydin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I must admit that usa newbies are passing much better than I expected. What's wrong with turkey? They supposed to be a better team on paper. Maybe a leadership? USA vets step up during 5th set while turkey can't carry the momentum from set 4 :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 21:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Bring on week 2.
Turkey doesn’t have a spiker with decent reception and Hande was terrible in the 5th set. It was wrong to bring her in. She gets all sorts of threats and insults right now. She should disable the comment sections and think about her terrible career choices. She’s gone as soon as someone works her way up like Aydin.
Yeah, I don't understand Santarelli sticking her in on reception in the 5th. From a tactical perspective it made no sense, she was cold. Prob just testing her ability in pressure situations. Tbh, Karakurt receiving and passing wasn't any worse than what Simge and Hande did when they came in for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Bring on week 2.
you would think having two opposites on the court would be a disaster for reception but in the fifth set turkey crumbled because baladin couldn't receive for shit, so maybe they should try it more.

Santarelli tried the same trick he always uses in conegliano to remedy the black hole that's plummer by bringing two liberos on court but even that didn't work, tragic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i think it's a bit early to be making sweeping statements. china aside, the teams had like two weeks at most of training time, so it's to be expected that a lot of them look a bit messy. yes, turkiye was pretty much playing the A team, but volleyball is not just about bringing a bunch of good players together and letting everyone do their own thing. it's a team sport, so team chemistry is going to make a huge difference.

let's wait until at least week 3 before saying so and so flopped.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 00:00
i think it's a bit early to be making sweeping statements. china aside, the teams had like two weeks at most of training time, so it's to be expected that a lot of them look a bit messy. yes, turkiye was pretty much playing the A team, but volleyball is not just about bringing a bunch of good players together and letting everyone do their own thing. it's a team sport, so team chemistry is going to make a huge difference.

Nothing against turkey but they always have the same problem? Chemistry/leadership/mentality? So it's not just about making sweeping statements.
They wrecked the usa in 4th set. But even with first timers usa can come back in the 5th set. You could see Hancock Drews orantes always talking with the youngsters encouraging them after errors/mistakes. Who's the leader in turkey side? Santa needs to fix the mentality aspects first.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

where can i find old matches like from 2012-14? not just the finals and semifinals which are generally easy to find :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:16
Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 19:49

Bosko will play VNL?
Supposedly she’s coming for week 3 with Maja. Jole supposed to join the team this week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 02:58
Guest wrote:

Nothing against turkey but they always have the same problem? Chemistry/leadership/mentality? So it's not just about making sweeping statements.
They wrecked the usa in 4th set. But even with first timers usa can come back in the 5th set. You could see Hancock Drews orantes always talking with the youngsters encouraging them after errors/mistakes. Who's the leader in turkey side? Santa needs to fix the mentality aspects first.
Da. Yeah I love the leadership in the USA squad. It seems like a great situation for younger players to develop in. Karsh is such an even keeled coach, too. He’s very good at diffusing tension and pressure in the huddles.

Santarelli will fix things for the Turks. I think it was just a minor blip and the fans should chill with the pile ons. Eda and Zehra didn’t play. Vargas barely played in the first 2 sets.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

i'm not turkish btw, and what i said also goes for serbia. transitions take time, let's wait before deciding definitively whether something is working or not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 00:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

i'm not turkish btw, and what i said also goes for serbia. transitions take time, let's wait before deciding definitively whether something is working or not.
Da.

Turkey's well on its way. They'll be fine. Fans need to get over their Ferhat/Guidetti era ptsd. Only q is the 2nd OH; Hande not a lock imo. Santarelli will continue building their confidence.

Serbia will be a bit more tricky. If Bosko's healthy, she potentially has a new wingwoman in Uzelac. For Uzelac to have a kill % in the 40's without Bosko was already impressive. There wasn't much offence out of the middles, and what was available was predictable. Stevanovic will obviously elevate things there, but the 2nd spot will be up for grabs, as will be the 2nd OH. Many of Serbia's role players seem to be confidence players, and it's not surprising that a demanding tactician like Guidetti didn't get the best out of them right away. It's not like he forgot how to coach though, so I'm sure they'll settle in for the long run.

I'm also very interested to see how Poland develops. The young weapons they have are eye catching. Crazy that Turkey, Serbia and Poland are all in the same pool at Euros.

In the mean time, I'm just hoping to catch a glimpse of Bosko's abs and shoulders on some tropical beach this summer.⚡️ Come on girl, give us something to drool over. I could survive year round on the adorable dimple, but I'd prefer a large serving of golden abs, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 04:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da.

Turkey's well on its way. They'll be fine. Fans need to get over their Ferhat/Guidetti era ptsd. Only q is the 2nd OH; Hande not a lock imo. Santarelli will continue building their confidence.

Serbia will be a bit more tricky. If Bosko's healthy, she potentially has a new wingwoman in Uzelac. For Uzelac to have a kill % in the 40's without Bosko was already impressive. There wasn't much offence out of the middles, and what was available was predictable. Stevanovic will obviously elevate things there, but the 2nd spot will be up for grabs, as will be the 2nd OH. Many of Serbia's role players seem to be confidence players, and it's not surprising that a demanding tactician like Guidetti didn't get the best out of them right away. It's not like he forgot how to coach though, so I'm sure they'll settle in for the long run.

I'm also very interested to see how Poland develops. The young weapons they have are eye catching. Crazy that Turkey, Serbia and Poland are all in the same pool at Euros.

In the mean time, I'm just hoping to catch a glimpse of Bosko's abs and shoulders on some tropical beach this summer.⚡️ Come on girl, give us something to drool over. I could survive year round on the adorable dimple, but I'd prefer a large serving of golden abs, too.
they're gonna win the euros somehow i feel it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 04:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da.

they're gonna win the euros somehow i feel it
Omg I've got the same feeling. This time it'll be theirs. Also feel like there's a bronze medal for them in next year's Olympics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who is they? Turkey, Serbia?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:28
At least I was talking about Turkey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can core teams of the VNL by any means lose their status? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 00:57
Can core teams of the VNL by any means lose their status? :hmmm:
With enough money pouring into the sport... No.

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 00:52
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:28
At least I was talking about Turkey.
I love Türkiye but i would say it's too early to call Euros let alone Olympics. BUT id love to see it tbh. There's certainly a sense of improvement, blip aside, but Guidetti with Serb A team. By then they would have played together more.

I see Poland on the up too and would like to see Turkiye vs POL match. It'll be better than last few encounters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't watch Croatia - USA but just now checking the score, US lost the 1st set? What happen?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 23:16
I didn't watch Croatia - USA but just now checking the score, US lost the 1st set? What happen?
They're playing C team? Orantes not playing. Idek who's the setter? Evans? JT not playing. The only A team was Plummer? And she kinda flop in club?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally first victory for us(Serbia).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 04:35
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 23:16
They're playing C team? Orantes not playing. Idek who's the setter? Evans? JT not playing. The only A team was Plummer? And she kinda flop in club?
As much as I understand that top players need to rest, I'm starting to get bored with these B teams. Sure it's exciting 5o give new talents a chance to shine but still.. Can't wait to see the real VNL. Which all teams took it equally serious