Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

stellavander
Reactions: 1

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Post by stellavander »

Looks like Kacey Bellamy has unretired. Signed a one-year contract with the Connecticut Whales. Glad to see her back in action. Now maybe Decker will unretire as well. Decker and Kacey seemed like they always traveled as a pair.

Also ... if Roque and Nurse are a couple, there must have been some interesting dynamics at the World's last week. Any other USA-Canadian couple that was playing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

stellavander wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 20:18
Looks like Kacey Bellamy has unretired. Signed a one-year contract with the Connecticut Whales. Glad to see her back in action. Now maybe Decker will unretire as well. Decker and Kacey seemed like they always traveled as a pair.

Also ... if Roque and Nurse are a couple, there must have been some interesting dynamics at the World's last week. Any other USA-Canadian couple that was playing?
I always thought Nurse is straight. But, things could change 😅

Isn't Decker now coaching at Shattuck?

MCB
Reactions: 56

Post by MCB »

Has anybody seen Emard's latest IG post? She was in Vegas celebrating 2 amazing humans. And one of the pics is big letters of "G+M ❤️". I feel like they were in Vegas for a concert by Alao Gen and Masch engagement! ❤️

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

MCB wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:57
Has anybody seen Emard's latest IG post? She was in Vegas celebrating 2 amazing humans. And one of the pics is big letters of "G+M ❤️". I feel like they were in Vegas for a concert by Alao Gen and Masch engagement! ❤️
Yeah Pou posted about it too.
:tinfoil:

MCB

Post by MCB »

dadou wrote:
08 May 2023, 00:59
MCB wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:57
Yeah Pou posted about it too.
Now Jill posted about the bridal shower ❤️ yay! So happy for both of them!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else notice in the one bachelorette party photo on the IG stories the ring on Stacey’s left hand? Looks like Pou and Stacey are next :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stacey said Oui! :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sooo happy for them! I don't think there's been a wedding between two active players on the team yet?

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

SO many gay weddings coming up.
:tinfoil:

stellavander

Post by stellavander »

That's two for the Canadians. The USA is losing the wedding race. Who could be up next for the USA? Are there even any USA teammates who are dating?

The only ones I know of who are getting married are an ex-USA and an ex-Finland player (Pelkey and Hovi). Hilary and Bowe are probably too new. Decker and Johnston ... we had hopes for you two :-)

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 01:17
Looks like Sarah Nurse and Abby Roque are dating! Unexpected couple, but cute :))
It's a really funny assumption lol. They're not together (and pretty sure Nurse is straight, tbh).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi08 wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 02:10
Guest wrote:
Looks like Sarah Nurse and Abby Roque are dating! Unexpected couple, but cute :))
It's a really funny assumption lol. They're not together (and pretty sure Nurse is straight, tbh).
Then what’s this all about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 06:31
Emi08 wrote:
Guest wrote:
And this

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 06:34
Guest wrote:
Emi08 wrote:
Guest wrote:
And this
They're friends ;) They played together at Wisconsin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi08 wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 18:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Emi08 wrote:
Guest wrote:
And this
You sure they’re just friends?? :)

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 02:46
Emi08 wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 18:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Emi08 wrote:

And this
You sure they’re just friends?? :)

Ahah yes sorry, I'm still sure 🤷‍♀️

stellavander

Post by stellavander »

In other non-Nurse/Roque-related news:

The PWHPA bought out the PHF, and a lot of PHF players will have nowhere else to play.

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

stellavander wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 12:11
In other non-Nurse/Roque-related news:

The PWHPA bought out the PHF, and a lot of PHF players will have nowhere else to play.
A lot of of PWHPA players will also have nowhere to play. And I think it's important to specify that it was "Mark Walter's business group" who bought the PHF. PWHPA players knew about it at the same time as those of the PHF.

It's a very big change and it's very sad for all the players who won't have a place in one of the teams, but it's still very exciting. I can't wait to go see a game!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maschmeyer and Lacasse wedding today!

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 07:10
Their wedding photos are beautiful 😍😍😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 07:10

Arthur29
Reactions:

Post by Arthur29 »

stellavander wrote:

Not anymore. Noora Räty attempt to do the same as Bellamy, restarting their hockey career. One-year with Metropolitan Riveters until it got void. Noora Räty and Kacey Bellamy in their attempts to play hockey again is officially cut short, since Mark Walter group buyed PHF in the making of One Pro Women's Hockey League.

I remember bumping to Kacey in Halifax and has a nice meet and greet there in The Lower Deck in Dec 2022. She told me "she might play again" before signing one-year with C.T. Whales, but Kacey also was also more seriously passion about making the PWHPA-PHF merge happen. Despite Bellamy wanted to play again, it's highly likely she won't since her contract is void and more wanting the league to merge.
[/quote]

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Arthur29 wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 06:53
stellavander wrote:

Not anymore. Noora Räty attempt to do the same as Bellamy, restarting their hockey career. One-year with Metropolitan Riveters until it got void. Noora Räty and Kacey Bellamy in their attempts to play hockey again is officially cut short, since Mark Walter group buyed PHF in the making of One Pro Women's Hockey League.

I remember bumping to Kacey in Halifax and has a nice meet and greet there in The Lower Deck in Dec 2022. She told me "she might play again" before signing one-year with C.T. Whales, but Kacey also was also more seriously passion about making the PWHPA-PHF merge happen. Despite Bellamy wanted to play again, it's highly likely she won't since her contract is void and more wanting the league to merge.
[/quote]

She is still training, though. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to earn a spot in the new league.

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Nobody's talking about all the big PWHL news? This is a really exciting time for women's hockey!!

Arthur29
Reactions:

Post by Arthur29 »

Emi08 wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 14:47
Nobody's talking about all the big PWHL news? This is a really exciting time for women's hockey!!
I heard about PWHL, but I didn't like the outcome of this, unfortunately. PHF had like 7 teams, PWHPA has like 4. PWHL now has like 6 teams. Did it lost like 5 teams after the merge? Yeah, not much excitement of that outcome, but I wish I was wrong and wish to believe that this is for greater good from whoever says that.

I'm fully aware it's a start and it's a beginning, but I really wish that PWHL can work on expanding more teams than just having 6 teams in the future.

stellavander

Post by stellavander »

There seems to be an alarming amount of disinterest in women's hockey here. I remember when this message board had quite a bit of traffic. What happened?

I am not following the new PWHL. I never liked the way that the other league was totally dismantled and most of the players just cast aside.

There seems to be little publicity for the Rivalry Series. In fact, I missed the first game just because I never saw any notices about it.

All of my old favorites like Kessel, Bellamy, Daoust, Johnston, etc seem to be retired. Perhaps looking towards family life and coaching.

The USA and Canada both have exciting young talent. But I just don't feel that same spark as I used to for the game of hockey. Instead, my attentions have turned towards soccer/football, where there seems to be this incredible momentum in the women's game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching the Toronto vs New York game starting soon? I just heard about the PWHL and am going to give it a shot. From what I've read Toronto's games are selling out so that's a good sign at least. Hopefully they can maintain interest.

Youtube Live Stream
Reactions:

Post by Youtube Live Stream »

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 17:11
Anyone watching the Toronto vs New York game starting soon? I just heard about the PWHL and am going to give it a shot. From what I've read Toronto's games are selling out so that's a good sign at least. Hopefully they can maintain interest.
It was a great game!! Can't wait to watch Ottawa vs Montreal tonight!

MCB

Post by MCB »

I just started watching Ottawa vs Montreal, and you can see Jenner choked when her name is called, and the stadium roars. I have tears in my eyes. She deserves it.

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

This is perfect 😂😂

MCB

Post by MCB »

Is anyone watching Minnesota vs Montreal? I choked at the sounds of 12000 watchers screaming when the players were introduced. Also, they come out with the little girls, how cute it is. The little goalies are the cutest tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 20:38
Is anyone watching Minnesota vs Montreal? I choked at the sounds of 12000 watchers screaming when the players were introduced. Also, they come out with the little girls, how cute it is. The little goalies are the cutest tho.
Sorry for asking but I'm new to the sport. Is there a reason why the players of montreal weren't introduced one by one? Or maybe I missed it...

Minnesota vs Montreal
Reactions:

Post by Minnesota vs Montreal »

MCB

Post by MCB »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 20:45
MCB wrote:
Sorry for asking but I'm new to the sport. Is there a reason why the players of Montreal weren't introduced one by one? Or maybe I missed it...
I think since they are guest this time. They only introduce the home team it seems. Enjoy the game!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

MCB wrote:
It was incredible, I had chills!!

I'm really looking forward to experiencing this kind of emotions on Saturday in Montreal for their home opener!!

Montreal at New York
Reactions:

Post by Montreal at New York »

Ottawa at Toronto
Reactions:

Post by Ottawa at Toronto »

MCB

Post by MCB »

Emi08 wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 03:24
MCB wrote:

I'm really looking forward to experiencing this kind of emotions on Saturday in Montreal for their home opener!!
Do yoi watch the game live? What a game!!!

MCB

Post by MCB »

But sad for Montreal. Frankel was really good in the game. But wonder why Montreal not trying to shoot from afar. They scored twice this way, rather than driving the puck to the net

MCB

Post by MCB »

But sad for Montreal. Frankel was really good in the game. But wonder why Montreal not trying to shoot from afar. They scored twice this way, rather than driving the puck to the net

Boston at Montreal
Reactions:

Post by Boston at Montreal »

New York at Minnesota
Reactions:

Post by New York at Minnesota »

All-Stars
Reactions:

Post by All-Stars »

Emi08
Reactions:

Post by Emi08 »

MCB wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 23:26
Emi08 wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 03:24
MCB wrote:

Do yoi watch the game live? What a game!!!
Yes, I drove 5 hours to be there!! The atmosphere was incredible, what a game!! Sad ending though, Desbiens looked really disappointed :(