Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 17:38
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 17:22
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 17:00
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 16:54
So who do we think is going to have a breakout tournament? Sophia got the hype, Rodman got the name, Alex got the last chance/mother thing, Julie got the comeback or will Pinoe steal the spotlight with some thrilling sub heroics.
Obviously it completely depends on who plays well and how the team does. But I think Rodman has the most potential breakout star power if she plays well. I mean the mainstream sports media would absolutely lose their minds over Dennis Rodman’s daughter carrying the US to a World Cup.
“If she plays well” is the problem. She’s been a complete flop at the international level so far. All hustle with very little production.
I would not consider 5 goal contributions in 17 caps to be “a complete flop” for a u20 player at the international level. That’s pretty much the exact same pace of scoring in their first 17 caps as Smith, Pugh, Morgan, Press had.

She’s playing the best soccer of her life right now. Let’s hope it continues.

Did any of those players start in a WC after 17 caps? Da
Alex was a sub after minimal caps ... I can’t remember if she started any games in 2011

Pugh started in Rio after minimal caps. Her first cap was in January 2016.

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So who do we think is going to have a breakout tournament? Sophia got the hype, Rodman got the name, Alex got the last chance/mother thing, Julie got the comeback or will Pinoe steal the spotlight with some thrilling sub heroics.
Obviously it completely depends on who plays well and how the team does. But I think Rodman has the most potential breakout star power if she plays well. I mean the mainstream sports media would absolutely lose their minds over Dennis Rodman’s daughter carrying the US to a World Cup.
“If she plays well” is the problem. She’s been a complete flop at the international level so far. All hustle with very little production.
I would not consider 5 goal contributions in 17 caps to be “a complete flop” for a u20 player at the international level. That’s pretty much the exact same pace of scoring in their first 17 caps as Smith, Pugh, Morgan, Press had.

Why are you making shit up? 😂 Pugh (11), Morgan (8) and Press (14) had much more than 5 goal contributions in their first 17 caps lmao.

I actually didn’t realize it was only 5. That’s worse than I thought. I think she has more big chances missed than goal contributions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 17:54
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 17:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Alex was a sub after minimal caps ... I can’t remember if she started any games in 2011

Alex scored and assisted in the 2011 World Cup final and wasn’t even a starter until early 2012. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Alex scored and assisted in the 2011 World Cup final and wasn’t even a starter until early 2012. Da
So historical data suggest Alex should be a sub

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The point was she had to prove herself before being a starter :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

KC is probably gonna have no issue selling out that new stadium almost every game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The point was she had to prove herself before being a starter :fool:
Relax, it was just a joke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If anythimg, historical data would suggest that Rodman shouldn’t be a starter. But since Mal is out, and Pinoe isn’t healthy enough, it’s either Rodman or Lynn. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Only 5 goal contributions in 17 caps? Wtf. That’s so bad for a forward. She’s lucky she’s even still on the team at this point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:30
Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.
Pugh was off the radar by 2019. People weren’t even sure she would make the roster. She was the last choice sub. She had a major fall in the depth chart early in 2018 when Tobin and Pinoe came back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the Pugh thing is really sad. She finally got over her injury issues and has only improved the last couple years after being left off the Olympic roster. I honestly kind of had a bad feeling she would get hurt again. She seeks kind of fragile compared to someone like Sophia who is just built differently.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Those woke podcasters saying they can’t wait to watch Press and Thompson “cook up” at the World Cup is so funny. Who do they think gets left off if those two both go? It will be a black player they like, not Pinoe or Alex 💀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The last attendance record was 11,301. I'm excited to see what the numbers come in at this Sunday. I'll be there. Also, their new stadium will only hold 11,500. They will probably sell it out quite often if they keep gaining fans at this rate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:28
I think the Pugh thing is really sad. She finally got over her injury issues and has only improved the last couple years after being left off the Olympic roster. I honestly kind of had a bad feeling she would get hurt again. She seeks kind of fragile compared to someone like Sophia who is just built differently.
She came into Ireland camp with a black eye because she already got hit in the head twice that week. Maybe she wasn’t all there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:33

The last attendance record was 11,301. I'm excited to see what the numbers come in at this Sunday. I'll be there. Also, their new stadium will only hold 11,500. They will probably sell it out quite often if they keep gaining fans at this rate
How many of those are Morgan “fans” though. Wasn’t the last record also against the wave lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:31
Those woke podcasters saying they can’t wait to watch Press and Thompson “cook up” at the World Cup is so funny. Who do they think gets left off if those two both go? It will be a black player they like, not Pinoe or Alex 💀
They are talking about at Angel City lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:37
Guest wrote:

How many of those are Morgan “fans” though. Wasn’t the last record also against the wave lol.
DA. Statistically, Morgan doesn’t bring in more away fans. You stans just pretend she does. The attendance for KC has been increasing irrespective of opponent and they’ve been promoting the shit out of this game. Signed, a KC STH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:51
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:31
They are talking about at Angel City lmao
Nah diaspora utd was saying they both need to be on the WNT roster

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. Statistically, Morgan doesn’t bring in more away fans. You stans just pretend she does. The attendance for KC has been increasing irrespective of opponent and they’ve been promoting the shit out of this game. Signed, a KC STH.
X2 fun fact ACFC actually produced the highest away attendance increases last season LOL. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She does though. I’m not a stan. The league executives with the actual data have talked about it lol. It’s more noticeable in some markets than others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She does though. I’m not a stan. The league executives with the actual data have talked about it lol. It’s more noticeable in some markets than others.
There is no statistically significant increase in attendance when Wave is playing away vs any other team. Look at the data, it’s freely available. Attendance has been increasing across the board, it’s got nothing to do with Morgan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

X2 fun fact ACFC actually produced the highest away attendance increases last season LOL. Da
No they didn’t you weirdo. Why are you lying about something that is easily disprovable?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And that was without Press for most the season too. It’s impressive. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The Alex Morgan effect was definitely real in the first couple years of the league but it hasn’t been significant for several seasons now. Kudos to KC for investing and organically building their fanbase. They should be the blueprint for every market with less than stellar attendance to improve. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No they didn’t you weirdo. Why are you lying about something that is easily disprovable?
DA. That’s what the stats say though, there’s no statistically significant correlation (just like there isn’t for SD), but the raw data for acfc is the highest. Look it up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It’s also a blatant lie 💀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:01
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. That’s what the stats say though, there’s no statistically significant correlation (just like there isn’t for SD), but the raw data for acfc is the highest. Look it up.
X2 the Morgan affect is just her stans thinking she moves the needle more than she does and they don’t look at the data. It’s good that attendance in the league is increasing year on year :dance2: da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:03
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It’s also a blatant lie 💀
Just because it goes against your person opinion doesn’t make it a lie. The stats are freely available you just need to learn how to read them. There’s a tweet from last year that said ACFC had the highest away attendance too, find it if you care that much. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Ertz back in training yet?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:06
Yes, she was in the training videos Angel City posted on ig today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:08
It’s not a coincidence that a bunch of teams had their home attendance record (outside of openers and playoffs) when they played San Diego. Don’t recall that happening when they played AC.
You must be young, google the term “statistically significant”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:09
Guest wrote:
The match vs Washington is gonna be fun then :blinkwide: acfc have won both times they’ve faced Washington and will have the home advantage. Maybe they’ll hand the spirit their first L of the season. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The match vs Washington is gonna be fun then :blinkwide: acfc have won both times they’ve faced Washington and will have the home advantage. Maybe they’ll hand the spirit their first L of the season. Da
Coombe is surprisingly good tactically against Washington, she knows how to eliminate Rodman’s impact and executes it better than most coaches. It’s a shame because she’s not good at it against other teams. It’ll all be on whether the LA forwards will be useless like usual, or step up like they have been recently.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So to change the topic from the Morgan stan crying over not knowing how to read data… will Franch start for KC again now? The coach pulled Miller out early after she leaked 3 in one half so he’s not against change ups.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:19
So to change the topic from the Morgan stan crying over not knowing how to read data… will Franch start for KC again now? The coach pulled Miller out early after she leaked 3 in one half so he’s not against change ups.
If Franch stays benched she should ask for a trade, ACFC, Gotham, Houston and Orlando all need a better keeper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:20
Guest wrote:
If Franch stays benched she should ask for a trade, ACFC, Gotham, Houston and Orlando all need a better keeper.
Da Didi sucks but Franch is no better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Coombe is surprisingly good tactically against Washington, she knows how to eliminate Rodman’s impact and executes it better than most coaches. It’s a shame because she’s not good at it against other teams. It’ll all be on whether the LA forwards will be useless like usual, or step up like they have been recently.
They haven’t just stepped up recently. The forwards haven’t been the issue at all this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:37
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:20
Guest wrote:
Da Didi sucks but Franch is no better.
Franch is better than Haracic, the bar is on the floor. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They haven’t just stepped up recently. The forwards haven’t been the issue at all this season.
Is this Thompson’s dad? The forwards absolutely have been an issue this season, remember the game where they had like 20 shots and only 2 on target? Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Have you been watching this season at all? Lol that’s categorically false. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stop talking about random accounts from other forms of social media. Take it there if you care so much, but you won’t because you’re cowards :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thompson has been the best player on the pitch in most games I’ve watched her play in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:51
Thompson has been the best player on the pitch in most games I’ve watched her play in.
Who are you responding to? Because if this is a general comment it’s false lmao.