Volleyball

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:15
What happened to Ana Christina? Why is she suddenly like a machine? :blinkwide:
As an Eczaci fan I wallow in self-pity. :sadangel:
ana was always a huge prospect. she was the best oh at the u20 world championship at 15, one of the best scorers of the brazilian league at 16 and made the olympic roster at 17. so her current form didn't come out of nowhere, she always had the potential.

i think she struggled to adapt to fenerbahce in the first year. ze roberto even mentioned during the vnl that she having issues with confidence when he was asked why she wasn't getting much playing time. she was criticized very harshly by brazilians for taking a mental health break during the world championships, but it was the best thing she could've done for herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 01:00
these are from a random dutch interview from 2018 apparently:

straight out of a fanfic

any guesses on the homophobic, "erdogan supporting" team? it was probably not vakif, even though they suck as well. s/o to nilufer for being so welcoming though, i'm going to casually support them from now on.

also, i looked it up and there are two serbian players who played with anne in baku: aleksandra crncevic and ivana djerisilo, but i know nothing about them, so i'm won't be trying to guess which one is a pos.
She might be the single most straight forward, no BS player I've seen an interview of. :lol: It's refreshing and probably due to her not being exposed to all the social media bullshit. I am sure there's a connection.

The only one confirmed to "conform" is Vakif, and we know that not only because it's a state bank but Anne also confirmed it before. The "as long as you don't flaunt it" would actually apply to all, it's a Turkish thing, as there's always a known lesbian on even Vakif (Ebrar, Gabi etc) but a non-masc couple that doesn't actively hide off court is another beast. And Vargas on Fener.. I honestly don't know. But it has to be one of the big three considering their level of play. Nilüfer apparently won by simply being welcoming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

PrensAce wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:55
Imoco with 4 reception line against Arina Fedorovtseva's serve but she's still able to score 8 ace in just 2 sets. Really Queen of Aces!🐥
I'll give it to Imoco they did their hw and hushed Vargas BUT it doesn't matter when you have the other two pins going HAM.
Whats incredible is how young they are.

Arina, Ana AND Vargas are going to be worth $$$ especially Arina with her serves. Honestly Ci was right... There was one serve that was ridiculous to say the least.

If we split them up they'll be excellent respectively but the three of them together is SO MUCH Fun. They're almost toying with other teams *chefs kiss*
I'm going to go out on a limb and say more enjoyable than watching KYK Larson and Boskovic, granted they were at different points of their careers.

It may be a downgrade after this after having played with Naz then Macris so we'll see what the next setter can bring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

straight out of a fanfic
Is there a better word for fanficy, soulmates vibe or goals?

That story made my cold cold heart melt

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 06:34
PrensAce wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:55
Imoco with 4 reception line against Arina Fedorovtseva's serve but she's still able to score 8 ace in just 2 sets. Really Queen of Aces!🐥
I'll give it to Imoco they did their hw and hushed Vargas BUT it doesn't matter when you have the other two pins going HAM.
Whats incredible is how young they are.

Arina, Ana AND Vargas are going to be worth $$$ especially Arina with her serves. Honestly Ci was right... There was one serve that was ridiculous to say the least.

If we split them up they'll be excellent respectively but the three of them together is SO MUCH Fun. They're almost toying with other teams *chefs kiss*
I'm going to go out on a limb and say more enjoyable than watching KYK Larson and Boskovic, granted they were at different points of their careers.

It may be a downgrade after this after having played with Naz then Macris so we'll see what the next setter can bring
I was rewatching the game and while some of Arina's serves where ridiculous and there was absolutely nothing Imoco could have done, they also had a lot of opportunities to sideout during her service run and they couldn't convert. Robin hitting straight into Ana's block, Plummer roofing the ball, Haak stepping on the 3 meter line (the set from wolosz was awful to be fair)... And Ana, who was front row obv as Arina was serving, had 80% attack efficiency during the two sets that mattered, so she was having no issues killing the ball during those transition plays.

I don't know why Santarelli didn't change his rotation for second set to have Haak front row when Arina was serving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

straight out of a fanfic

any guesses on the homophobic, "erdogan supporting" team? it was probably not vakif, even though they suck as well. s/o to nilufer for being so welcoming though, i'm going to casually support them from now on.

also, i looked it up and there are two serbian players who played with anne in baku: aleksandra crncevic and ivana djerisilo, but i know nothing about them, so i'm won't be trying to guess which one is a pos.
She might be the single most straight forward, no BS player I've seen an interview of. :lol: It's refreshing and probably due to her not being exposed to all the social media bullshit. I am sure there's a connection.

The only one confirmed to "conform" is Vakif, and we know that not only because it's a state bank but Anne also confirmed it before. The "as long as you don't flaunt it" would actually apply to all, it's a Turkish thing, as there's always a known lesbian on even Vakif (Ebrar, Gabi etc) but a non-masc couple that doesn't actively hide off court is another beast. And Vargas on Fener.. I honestly don't know. But it has to be one of the big three considering their level of play. Nilüfer apparently won by simply being welcoming.
There were strong rumors of them going to Galatasaray for the 2018/2019 season but the deal ended up not happening, could it be the team she's talking about? I don't know much about the political orientation of Turkish teams lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 11:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

straight out of a fanfic

There were strong rumors of them going to Galatasaray for the 2018/2019 season but the deal ended up not happening, could it be the team she's talking about? I don't know much about the political orientation of Turkish teams lol
Could very well be. GS has a relatively more conservative fanbase, not that they make decisions based on that but it does have influence if at the time the management doesn’t have a particular leaning. None are as obvious as Vakif, with the rest of them it all depends on who’s running the ship at the time. In Nilufer’s case too. The team itself isn’t left leaning, the management then just happened to be. Like FB now bc of the big boss Ali koc. No idea who was at the helm then at GS.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anne mentioned before that the only bad experience she had was Vakif. Not the team but the management. She never mentioned T Airlines though it’s also a government club. Actually half of the clubs in the league are goverment clubs. Some belong to leftist city municipalities some to conservative… it’s actually one of the reasons why I want to see pro clubs in Antalya and Izmir. I can’t imagine to live in a conservative city in Turkey, how do people expect great performance from such places. The players must be bored to death.

Vargas :lol:

JoyPin
Reactions:

Post by JoyPin »

is marina lubian gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wolosz unfollowed Hill on Instagram 👀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:06
I think that happened when Hill shared her photo with the guy, isn't it?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

is lubian and antropova a thing? if so that'd be so cute!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 01:47
is lubian and antropova a thing? if so that'd be so cute!!
i hope there is something between them😁. they suitable each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 16:42
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:06
I think that happened when Hill shared her photo with the guy, isn't it?
Yes, some days later ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It won't happen because of actual tribalism but I hope Vargas becomes favoured over Karakurt on NT. Karakurt is NO WAY NEAR her precision aaaaand she's lazier. I hope having Vargas lights a friendly competitive fire. And I understand both could be on court but Vargas is opp. And I'd rather her as she's the better opp not psuedo oh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fener-Vakif must be interesting.
Egonu 24yrs VS Vargas 23 yrs.
Gabi 28yrs VS Arina 19yrs.
Bajema 25yrs VS AnaC 18yrs.
Prediction?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 13:46
Prediction?
I think the main, more obvious difference is between their setters rn. Macris >>>> Cansu.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 07:34
It won't happen because of actual tribalism but I hope Vargas becomes favoured over Karakurt on NT. Karakurt is NO WAY NEAR her precision aaaaand she's lazier. I hope having Vargas lights a friendly competitive fire. And I understand both could be on court but Vargas is opp. And I'd rather her as she's the better opp not psuedo oh.
Karakurt's reception is waaay worse tho I think. If they want to have them both be on court at the same time, it'd be better have Vargas as OH just from that perspective.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 14:54
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 13:46
Prediction?
I think the main, more obvious difference is between their setters rn. Macris >>>> Cansu.
Macris-Arina/AnaC connection is very good but with Vargas sometimes not so good (proven in some matches). And it's known that Macris rarely plays the middle unlike when she was in Minas. So maybe in terms of offensive 90% will be on Vargas, Arina, AnaC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Arina’s aces are making me really really glad Russia’s likely not going to be at the Olympics :nervous: holy fucking shit girl

Pls do note I said selfishly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 13:08
Arina’s aces are making me really really glad Russia’s likely not going to be at the Olympics :nervous: holy fucking shit girl

Quoting myself to actually add it lmao

*making me really selfishly glad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 13:08

9 ace in 3 sets😂. Can't wait to see how she will do with Vakifbank. 🐥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the love triangle between yesli-vargas-sara klisura :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any news about Rosa and Stevanovic? Do you think they are still together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:38
i don't think it was ever serious. most of rosa's relationships aren't. i think they had something going on a few years ago, but the whole 2022 thing was just something casual. they probably have the kind of relationship where they hit each other up whenever they are single but it never develops further than that.

rosa was rumoured to be seeing an italian male model (?) in the beginning of the year (like january/february), but it seems like they have already broken up. maybe it also wasn't all that serious to begin with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i can't believe ecza are flopping again. this was supposed to be their year, they had the most favorable draw possible. but they just never show up for the big matches, i guess. they are like the anti-vakif.

whoever wins the fener x vakif semi will be the champion... so probably fenerbahce.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:55
i can't believe ecza are flopping again. this was supposed to be their year, they had the most favorable draw possible. but they just never show up for the big matches, i guess. they are like the anti-vakif.

whoever wins the fener x vakif semi will be the champion... so probably fenerbahce.
Anti Vakif is the best way to put it. They don't show up when its crunch time. And YES they were favoured but after last night's performance 👎

It woild have been an amazing first with two Turkish teams.

Tonight really should have been the FINAL. We're getting the final before the final. Just like the constant battle of the titans at the end of Turkish cup last season. Now the final of Fener/Novara
Vakif/Novara

or

Fener/ecz
Vakif/ecz will be nothing but anticlimactic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The difference between Gio and Santarelli is that Gio is more familiar with Fener game style. But hopefully Terzic prepare the team well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fener really ARE playing the best at the moment!! The fact they are 12 UP!!

That they are managing to make Imoco AND vakif look like mid tier teams is just unheard of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ana Cristina 68% in attack :wub: This is the third CL match in a row she attacks with over 60% efficiency.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"How did you two meet?"

Anne: That's a good question.
Carol: Do you want to tell or shall I?
Anne: You tell, your Portuguese is better than mine.
Carol: It was funny, because we played against each other before, but we had never noticed each other. But that was until 2016, when Anne went to play in Rio and we became friends, we had an affinity, and I fell in love with those green eyes.
Anne: Blue or green?
Carol: Blue and green, it depends on the day and the color of the shirt you are wearing.
Anne: I remember very well. I arrived in Rio and I didn't speak Portuguese and you came up to me and said "me Carol, but no english ok? I help you, no problem". And it was like, we're here together, anything I'll help you. And I think that created a connection, I liked it.
Carol: I liked it too, and it was in Rio indeed. Although we've played against each other before, that's where we created that affinity.
Anne: And we never parted again, right?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 22:41
"How did you two meet?"

Anne: That's a good question.
Carol: Do you want to tell or shall I?
Anne: You tell, your Portuguese is better than mine.
Carol: It was funny, because we played against each other before, but we had never noticed each other. But that was until 2016, when Anne went to play in Rio and we became friends, we had an affinity, and I fell in love with those green eyes.
Anne: Blue or green?
Carol: Blue and green, it depends on the day and the color of the shirt you are wearing.
Anne: I remember very well. I arrived in Rio and I didn't speak Portuguese and you came up to me and said "me Carol, but no english ok? I help you, no problem". And it was like, we're here together, anything I'll help you. And I think that created a connection, I liked it.
Carol: I liked it too, and it was in Rio indeed. Although we've played against each other before, that's where we created that affinity.
Anne: And we never parted again, right?!

The bolded omg, what level is this? I wish I knew Portuguese or someone could put English subtitles on it, I love their energy together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:51
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:38
i don't think it was ever serious. most of rosa's relationships aren't. i think they had something going on a few years ago, but the whole 2022 thing was just something casual. they probably have the kind of relationship where they hit each other up whenever they are single but it never develops further than that.

rosa was rumoured to be seeing an italian male model (?) in the beginning of the year (like january/february), but it seems like they have already broken up. maybe it also wasn't all that serious to begin with.
Or you know, it wasn't true :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't know Anne could speak Portuguese :blinkwide: And she speaks it so perfectly!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 11:20
I didn't know Anne could speak Portuguese :blinkwide: And she speaks it so perfectly!
She does? I mean I don't know Portuguese so she seems fluent/flawless to my ears, but does she sound like that to a native speaker?

Found subtitles:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 21:09
Ana Cristina 68% in attack :wub: This is the third CL match in a row she attacks with over 60% efficiency.
earned her place as a starter or NT?

Also Terzic is confirmed to go Russia next club season... So who the hell is going to be the next coach of FENER? He's an absolute jerk but he has moulded the team into his style of volleyball. Very basic Russian style, 3 pins and High. Sooooo who else champions this style? And WHAT a team to take over next season.. Stysiak, fetisova.. Unknown setter but looking like Drca over Startseva, although I would have loved to see her in Fener!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 11:23
Guest wrote:
She does? I mean I don't know Portuguese so she seems fluent/flawless to my ears, but does she sound like that to a native speaker?

Found subtitles:

da Yeah, she does.
She has an accent, of course, but everything she says is perfectly understandable, her portuguese is very good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 11:23
Guest wrote:

Found subtitles:

She speaks Portuguese with a Mineiro accent like Carol's, it's very cute. Mixed in with a Dutch accent, of course.

But, yeah, her Portuguese is very good. Her grammar is nearly perfect, she just gets the gender of the words wrong sometimes (in Portuguese, nouns are always either feminine or masculine. So like, "house" is feminine, but "place" is masculine, for example). But what impresses me the most is how natural sounding her sentences are, from the word order down to the filler words she uses. It doesn't sound like she's translating what she's saying from Dutch in real time, she really gets the nuances of Brazilian Portuguese. Carol taught her well lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Carol also learned English so fast after meeting Anne. I remember her giving interviews in English during the 2017 Club World Championships, which was in May that year. Falling in love with a foreigner really is the best way to learn another language.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 20:14
Carol also learned English so fast after meeting Anne. I remember her giving interviews in English during the 2017 Club World Championships, which was in May that year. Falling in love with a foreigner really is the best way to learn another language.
In one of the wedding dinner videos out there, the dutch friend of Anne was talking to Carol in Dutch, and I saw someone mention that she said she’ll read Anne’s parents’ Dutch letter slower so that Carol can understand too… Only saw that in passing tho, so can’t really confirm myself.

But if Carol really became fluent in Dutch as well even though they already share two languages.. This couple should be taught in dyke school. :nervous: Or just in school generally, heteros could benefit more from them in “how to partner”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
By January 2017 she’s already interpreting for Anne. And they had just started something together, I think. :lol: She really has to have hired a teacher right after meeting Anne lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 05:47
Guest wrote:
By January 2017 she’s already interpreting for Anne. And they had just started something together, I think. :lol: She really has to have hired a teacher right after meeting Anne lol
Buijrol are the epitome of gay lol. Also damn that SescRJ team has all my brazilian NT faves (and gays) - Gabi, Carol, Roberta.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rosamaria's friends (including my girl naiane) gave her a pride sock for her birthday to match her pride flipflops... what a great ally she is :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 23:53
rosamaria's friends (including my girl naiane) gave her a pride sock for her birthday to match her pride flipflops... what a great ally she is :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 13:20
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 16:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 16:54
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 16:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I dont think Rosa ever said she was an ally.
She doesn't scream I am into girls and she knows that her fans know she is into girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 22:04
Guest wrote:

I dont think Rosa ever said she was an ally.
She doesn't scream I am into girls and she knows that her fans know she is into girls.
she hasn't, it's (some) fans who insist that she's an ally

which it's really funny for us older volleyball fans, because no one thought she was straight before tokyo lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »