Re: Christen Press and Tobin Heath

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 00:35
Press looks so good! :heart: I hope a few more photos show up. :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope with Christen being at these games and reporters being in the pink carpet, maybe we will get some kind of timeline update from her. Her IG post about 2023 makes me hopeful that she will play a good chunk of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 02:53
I hope with Christen being at these games and reporters being in the pink carpet, maybe we will get some kind of timeline update from her. Her IG post about 2023 makes me hopeful that she will play a good chunk of the season.
I'm hopeful it will be a good portion of the season too. :fingcross: da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tobin acknowledging she was at the game .... yeah she retired peeps

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s such a Tobin thing to retire and not say anything. 😂 Whoever said that she’d randomly appear at one of Press’ games with their baby one day is probably correct.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:12
It’s such a Tobin thing to retire and not say anything. 😂 Whoever said that she’d randomly appear at one of Press’ games with their baby one day is probably correct.
If she retires without saying anything…thats low key rude lol. Like, she doesn’t owe fans anything, but she kinda does. At least a btw…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
lol exactly what I expected from her she never liked the attention just walked away

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
We don't know if she retired or not, but there are people who don't like the attention or are so disappointed in the USSF/NWSL for some reason that they would rather move on with their lives.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:23
Guest wrote:
If she retires without saying anything…thats low key rude lol. Like, she doesn’t owe fans anything, but she kinda does. At least a btw…
She’s not retired you guys have to chill tfo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 04:18
Dancing thinking “they still can’t win a game without me” as her value increases while she’s sitting there being injured. 15 games without her and they still only have the same amount of wins as they had in their 8 games with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:25
Guest wrote:
Dancing thinking “they still can’t win a game without me” as her value increases while she’s sitting there being injured. 15 games without her and they still only have the same amount of wins as they had in their 8 games with her.
Angel City is run by some pretty inefficient people, they are unable to make a real team, and 9 months later they are still dependent on a single player!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know how to put a picture here so I'm posting some tweets from last night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Angel City is run by some pretty inefficient people, they are unable to make a real team, and 9 months later they are still dependent on a single player!
I was hoping they would be able to get as many points as possible before she comes back so that they don’t need to rely on someone who was just out with injury for a year to try to drag them to the playoffs. And she can ease back in with no pressure. They have a couple easy games coming up so hopefully they can get 6 points.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She is retired

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I am chill lol. It’s been 100 years since we’ve heard anything and I was speaking hypothetically with the “if.” It’s not out of the realm of possibilities that she’d just peace out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope they went out with Ali & Ash and maybe Syd, Ali, Allie and KO tonight :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Tobin goes to an ACFC game as a free agent yet it’s crickets about her next move.. If only woso journalists weren’t incompetent idiots :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:08
So Tobin goes to an ACFC game as a free agent yet it’s crickets about her next move.. If only woso journalists weren’t incompetent idiots :eyeroll:
:alright:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there any photos of CP and Lynn? 🤲

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:20
Is there any photos of CP and Lynn? 🤲
I think that in the field she was only seen with Ali (and Carli for a moment).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:18
Guest wrote:
If you’re triggered by the truth you must be one of the “journalists” :mask: these idiots haven’t even done the bare minimum of asking Laura Harvey to confirm the obvious about if she declined the option :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What are they gonna ask and when? “Hey, I know you quietly slipped into the stadium and was minding your business and your significant other isn’t playing and she’s your only connection to this team and even tho you’re notoriously private… you wanna tell us whats going on with you at this game of two teams you have never played for finishes?” I don’t like the “journos,” but come on lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No one is expecting them to fix anything, just expecting a player to come back off a year out to save them. What’s new. I’m glad they realize how important she is though.

“For Angel City, the loss definitely stings, but result aside, this team definitely looked levels better than their 2022 counterparts. The real important note is that this team is still not completely healthy, with a little player known as Christen Press silently working on her return.

https://www.angelsonparade.com/platform ... view-recap

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:38
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was hoping they would be able to get as many points as possible before she comes back so that they don’t need to rely on someone who was just out with injury for a year to try to drag them to the playoffs. And she can ease back in with no pressure. They have a couple easy games coming up so hopefully they can get 6 points.

you are a dreamer, right? 😝

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 10:12
No one is expecting them to fix anything, just expecting a player to come back off a year out to save them. What’s new. I’m glad they realize how important she is though.

“For Angel City, the loss definitely stings, but result aside, this team definitely looked levels better than their 2022 counterparts. The real important note is that this team is still not completely healthy, with a little player known as Christen Press silently working on her return.

But this is basically the same team from last season with Thompson the only addition. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
If you’re triggered by the truth you must be one of the “journalists” :mask: these idiots haven’t even done the bare minimum of asking Laura Harvey to confirm the obvious about if she declined the option :eyeroll:
DA I agree. That was their only connection where they could’ve asked about Tobin.
And before anyone says, how are they going to ask about her. Well they had the chance early on when the rosters where being announced, there was no report that said Tobin was leaving OL reign or thanked her for her time.
It could’ve been as simple as, “we noticed Tobin isn’t on the roster, is she going to be apart of the team ….etc etc etc”

They should ask this about any player who quietly leaves without say from the club.
Now the opportunity is missed because time has passed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 11:45
Guest wrote:

But this is basically the same team from last season with Thompson the only addition. :hmmm:
They thought Thompson was the answer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA I agree. That was their only connection where they could’ve asked about Tobin.
And before anyone says, how are they going to ask about her. Well they had the chance early on when the rosters where being announced, there was no report that said Tobin was leaving OL reign or thanked her for her time.
It could’ve been as simple as, “we noticed Tobin isn’t on the roster, is she going to be apart of the team ….etc etc etc”

They should ask this about any player who quietly leaves without say from the club.
Da Asking the Reign about Tobin wasn’t going to get them any information about her next steps so I don’t get why some of you are so fixated on that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:45
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Asking the Reign about Tobin wasn’t going to get them any information about her next steps so I don’t get why some of you are so fixated on that.
Probably not, but it still was a missed opportunity to just ask about her. We know she’s not going to be there but there was a period where we questioned what was happening. A simple confirmation of her not returning would’ve been fine, because it would at least be an acknowledgement instead of what we are getting now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:07
I hope they went out with Ali & Ash and maybe Syd, Ali, Allie and KO tonight :fingcross:
Allie and especially KO are not that close with them. Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Levels better than last year? :fool:

Not that ratings are the end all be all and you can argue about what the number ratings do or don’t weigh, but they still provide a comparison when looked at next to other ratings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder where in her recovery Press is. Her Instagram post saying this is going to be her year made it seem like she’s going to be back relatively soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:11
I wonder where in her recovery Press is. Her Instagram post saying this is going to be her year made it seem like she’s going to be back relatively soon.
AC is not talking. And I could see Christen being a little hesitant to give updates given past setbacks.

At this rate she is just going to be removed from the availability report one day and shock everyone 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Christen is behind on her recovery, having 3 surgeries throws us all off where she is, and her post gives hope but she herself might want to look on the bright side if she just recovers for next season, who knows!! But hey, I'll be positive and I want to think that in June-July she will be playing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:41
Guest wrote:

Christen is behind on her recovery, having 3 surgeries throws us all off where she is, and her post gives hope but she herself might want to look on the bright side if she just recovers for next season, who knows!! But hey, I'll be positive and I want to think that in June-July she will be playing.
Comments like this is why ACFC and Press won't comment about her recovery timeline. Social media doctors know more than real doctors. I bet you are Hardchill.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:41
Guest wrote:

Hi hardtchill

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:14
Guest wrote:
AC is not talking. And I could see Christen being a little hesitant to give updates given past setbacks.

At this rate she is just going to be removed from the availability report one day and shock everyone 🤣
A cleanup surgery isn’t necessarily a set back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s a clip of her last night in the box turning and running away quickly. She seems to be moving very well.

It is frustrating that she probably won’t update us though. She’ll just appear on the bench one day lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:09
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:14
Guest wrote:

A cleanup surgery isn’t necessarily a set back.
I mean, even if minor, it causes a delay in return.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:12
There’s a clip of her last night in the box turning and running away quickly. She seems to be moving very well.

It is frustrating that she probably won’t update us though. She’ll just appear on the bench one day lol.
do you have the clip?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. How do you know that? The seasons started and she’s just living it up loving life right now. She’s either retired or still injured right now… it’s not an outlandish conclusion if people think she’s retired.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 13:48
Guest wrote:

Not that ratings are the end all be all and you can argue about what the number ratings do or don’t weigh, but they still provide a comparison when looked at next to other ratings.

I mean they are levels better than last year. Didi was dogshit at the beginning of last year, and now the team has more chemistry. You are aware that it’s not just players that make a team better right? Plus they have Neilson and Gorden back, and Jonson who is shit but she’s better than someone like Ferrer or Taylor. They also have Emslie this season when last season opener she wasn’t there, and Emslie is way better than Lussi and Endo. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 18:05
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 13:48
Guest wrote:

I mean they are levels better than last year. Didi was dogshit at the beginning of last year, and now the team has more chemistry. You are aware that it’s not just players that make a team better right? Plus they have Neilson and Gorden back, and Jonson who is shit but she’s better than someone like Ferrer or Taylor. They also have Emslie this season when last season opener she wasn’t there, and Emslie is way better than Lussi and Endo. Da
They did not look levels better than last year. They should, but they didn’t.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Slight update per the Equalzer

“There is talent there, especially whenever forwards Christen Press and Sydney Leroux return from ACL and ankle injuries respectively (Leroux’s timeline is ahead of Press’, Coombe told The Equalizer last week, but neither has returned to team training yet).”

https://equalizersoccer.com/2023/03/27/ ... -analysis/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 18:45
Slight update per the Equalzer

“There is talent there, especially whenever forwards Christen Press and Sydney Leroux return from ACL and ankle injuries respectively (Leroux’s timeline is ahead of Press’, Coombe told The Equalizer last week, but neither has returned to team training yet).”

https://equalizersoccer.com/2023/03/27/ ... -analysis/
Is that’s really that much of an update? Leroux has a quicker recovery timeline than someone who had 3 surgeries on her knee after she tore her ACL? No kidding. Neither has returned to training yet? No kidding.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is that Tobin in Le Bihan’s story about VAR?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 18:55
Is that Tobin in Le Bihan’s story about VAR?
Yes