Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:36
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:30
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:25
Did Zamboni get demoted? :rofl:
It'd honestly would be a slap in the face to other vets on that team(not just AK) if she were to be cap/so called leader still.
I don’t get what changed. Ali was on the team last season and Zamboni was still their captain despite everyone with eyes knowing she was a bad choice. Is it because Ali’s retiring?
From the another part of Jenna's tweet thread, the new coach asked the players to chose their leadership and they made Ali the captain.

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:27

It’s giving retirement vibes 😭
Her sister looks so much like her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope Ali stays in woso to some degree, she’d be a good coach or GM

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:48
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:40
So team captains are.

ACFC: Riley
SD: Dahlkemper
Portland: Sinclair
Gotham: Krieger
Chicago: Naeher
Orlando: Marta
Reign: Barnes
Washington: Sullivan
NCC: O’Sullivan
LV: Jmac? Nadim?
Houston: Campbell
KC: Scott
Apparently Howell wore the Racing arm band in the Portland tournament when she was playing.
Dahlkemper and Scott won’t be playing for awhile so they might have to pick someone else

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So team captains are.

Apparently Howell wore the Racing arm band in the Portland tournament when she was playing.
Dahlkemper and Scott won’t be playing for awhile so they might have to pick someone else
DA. Huh? Captains do more than just wear the armband. Captains when injured are still the captain, others wear the armband until they’re back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So team captains are.

DA. Huh? Captains do more than just wear the armband. Captains when injured are still the captain, others wear the armband until they’re back.
Alex probably was captain more times than abby last season because she barely played.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of Dahlkemper. They have to be hoping she will be back for when Girma is out for the WC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So team captains are.

Alex probably was captain more times than abby last season because she barely played.
She wore the armband more, it doesn’t make her SD’s captain. Abby is SD’s captain. You Morgan stans show time and time again you know nothing about sport. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She wore the armband more, it doesn’t make her SD’s captain. Abby is SD’s captain. You Morgan stans show time and time again you know nothing about sport. DA
Source on her still being the captain? I seriously doubt someone who doesn’t start even when fit remains the captain. Things change.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Source on her still being the captain? I seriously doubt someone who doesn’t start even when fit remains the captain. Things change.
X2 last year during press conference, Stoney was always referencing Abby as the captain, even when injured and in the last one she is just saying that she is a vital member of the squad. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 15:44
Damn it hurts every time a member of 2011 USWNT WWC team retires. Sounds she wants to say in the game though. Think she'd make a good GM or coach.
My first NT crush. Then it turned out she was batting for the same team. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by 2347899 »

Since Ali announced her retirement. Who do y’all see retiring from NT post World Cup?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2347899 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 22:44
Since Ali announced her retirement. Who do y’all see retiring from NT post World Cup?
Retiring from NT ? Becky and Pinoe for sure.
Probably goes for soccer in general as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2347899 wrote:
Rapinoe, O’Hara, Saurbrunn. Most of the other players that age have already been pushed out.

I think Morgan will continue on through the Olympics and then it may depend on her form.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 22:48
2347899 wrote:
Rapinoe, O’Hara, Saurbrunn. Most of the other players that age have already been pushed out.

I think Morgan will continue on through the Olympics and then it may depend on her form.
Da. In Glennon and Abby’s podcast, Alex mentionned that Servando wanted to have another baby like now but with the WC, it wasn’t possible so I wouldn’t actually be surprised if she retired after the WC. I don’t see her coming back after having another kid, it was already hard after Charlie. I don’t know the length of her contract with SD though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:14
Guest wrote:
2347899 wrote:

Da. In Glennon and Abby’s podcast, Alex mentionned that Servando wanted to have another baby like now but with the WC, it wasn’t possible so I wouldn’t actually be surprised if she retired after the WC. I don’t see her coming back after having another kid, it was already hard after Charlie. I don’t know the length of her contract with SD though.
Da I doubt her NWSL contract length will impact when she decides to have another kid or her retirement date for that matter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
2347899 wrote:

She will probably keep playing for SD after the World Cup but she’ll be done with the NT. They don’t need her for the Olympics, and I bet all the money in the world Vlatkos replacement when he gets fired will do a complete overhaul of the vets. No KO, no Pinoe, no Becky, no AM. Alyssa might be the only safe one considering she’s actually first choice in her position but she’ll still get phased out soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2347899 wrote:
Becky and Pinoe for sure. I could see Becky playing club for a season or two more post NT. Pinoe I think will be done done.

O’Hara I think depends on if they win. If they do, I think she rides off into the sunset with the trophy, if not she probably goes for the Olympics.

Morgan I think plays through the Olympics regardless unless she gets pregnant with another World Cup baby.

Naeher probably goes another cycle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2347899 wrote:
NT? Becky, Pinoe, Alex, Kelley. TBD if it’ll be retirement or cut but none of them are making the Olympics. Pinoe defs retires completely post World Cup but I can see the rest of our vets playing in the league so long as they’re healthy and their teams are willing to keep them. I think Alyssa goes another cycle because our current pool is shit and GK’s last longer at the top level. AD and Kingsbury are also old, Murphy is overrated and Campbell has never been good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

X2 last year during press conference, Stoney was always referencing Abby as the captain, even when injured and in the last one she is just saying that she is a vital member of the squad. Da
Posts 3 mins apart? Lol sure “Da”. The captain is a vital member of the squad, and she is a starter when healthy you SD fans need to watch your own games. Riehl started when Abby wasn’t fit, that’s it. If there was a change in captaincy we’d know about it. Abby is captain, learn to live with it. Morgan isn’t pressed by it, you stans shouldn’t be either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Becky and Pinoe will for sure retire. Kelley said she wants to play in the Olympics lol. Not sure I see that happening especially if we bring in an outsider type of coach who isn’t beholden to politics as much like wiegmann. Morgan will be an interesting one to see but if she has a bad wc she definitely needs to go too. I think there just aren’t as many 9s in the system and she’s younger than the others, so maybe I could see her trying to go another year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:59
Becky and Pinoe will for sure retire. Kelley said she wants to play in the Olympics lol. Not sure I see that happening especially if we bring in an outsider type of coach who isn’t beholden to politics as much like wiegmann. Morgan will be an interesting one to see but if she has a bad wc she definitely needs to go too. I think there just aren’t as many 9s in the system and she’s younger than the others, so maybe I could see her trying to go another year
Kelley is delusional. Her body is breaking down and she probably won’t be a starter at this WC. Very easy cut for a new coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Posts 3 mins apart? Lol sure “Da”. The captain is a vital member of the squad, and she is a starter when healthy you SD fans need to watch your own games. Riehl started when Abby wasn’t fit, that’s it. If there was a change in captaincy we’d know about it. Abby is captain, learn to live with it. Morgan isn’t pressed by it, you stans shouldn’t be either.
This is just not correct. Abby was benched more than once even when she was healthy, especially after she got that red card. She was performing poorly most of the season. Stoney started regularly referring to Morgan as captain at some point. Why are you so upset about that? You don’t have to be a Morgan stan to state the facts about what actually happened last season. There can be more than one captain. Weirdo. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is just not correct. Abby was benched more than once even when she was healthy, especially after she got that red card. She was performing poorly most of the season. Stoney started regularly referring to Morgan as captain at some point. Why are you so upset about that? You don’t have to be a Morgan stan to state the facts about what actually happened last season. There can be more than one captain. Weirdo. Da
DA. Abby is their captain. Morgan is their vice captain along with Girma and Sheridan (and formerly Taylor). Why people are even arguing over this, it’s well known.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You’re wrong girl. Stoney referred to Morgan as captain when she as captain for games, just like she did for Girma LOL. Abby D is San Diego’s club captain, that’s a fact regardless of you liking it or not. There can be more than one captain on some teams correct, Loserville did that last season but SD isn’t like that. Alex is one of a few players who wears the armband when Abby isn’t there, that doesn’t make her club captain. It’s such a weird thing for y’all to be debating over when there’s no debate to be had. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2347899 wrote:
On the Canadian NT Sinclair should finally retire after this WC and the team can commence in finding/playing a proper 9.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 01:47
It feels like Horan’s time at the Thorn’s has run its course.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 20:36
Guest wrote:
Damn it hurts every time a member of 2011 USWNT WWC team retires. Sounds she wants to say in the game though. Think she'd make a good GM or coach.
Same! I remember the first time I saw her in a game on TV. Had to rewind that TiVo right away to get a better look. I love her contribution in 3 WC. Too bad she never got an OG. Think she gets into the HoF?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 02:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Same! I remember the first time I saw her in a game on TV. Had to rewind that TiVo right away to get a better look. I love her contribution in 3 WC. Too bad she never got an OG. Think she gets into the HoF?
I’d say all of the main 2x WC winners will get HOF (Ali, Alex, KO, Pinoe, Press, Heath, JJ, Alyssa), the question is moreso how many ballots it takes them. Moe and Ash are also 2x WC winners but they’re a less likely to get in. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 04:20
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 02:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’d say all of the main 2x WC winners will get HOF (Ali, Alex, KO, Pinoe, Press, Heath, JJ, Alyssa), the question is moreso how many ballots it takes them. Moe and Ash are also 2x WC winners but they’re a less likely to get in. Da
All players who have won 2 world cups and more than 100 caps should be in the HOF, but given the history of the USSF with certain players, maybe some of the ones you say it won't be there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Carli is definitely a first ballot hall of famer. Maybe pinoe and Morgan too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/a ... -ownership
This is nice article about LA quarterback Matthew Stafford and his wife becoming investors in Angel City FC. I didn't know his wife was an athlete when she was younger also she played soccer and I knew he had kids but didn't know it was four daughters lol. Stafford and his wife took their daughters to an AC mothers day game and said they kind of fell in love with it and decided right after that to become investors. I thinks that's great and especially for his daughters to see women play a professional sport and in a stadium that has a lot of fans and that they could have those opportunities when they grow up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Nwsl lending legitimacy to those stan “journalists” 🤢

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it a case no one else wants the job so they go find trash instead...that mf is toxic af for woso.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Out of all the gay players one or two of them has been on this board. If not them Allie long has been over here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:17
Out of all the gay players one or two of them has been on this board. If not them Allie long has been over here.
I’m sure Ashlyn has been here, she definitely searches herself online. And long probably has too you’re right. Some Nwsl players have because it used to be a top google hit for a lot of them before the league became more popular. Someone made an ig story at an airport back in the day with some players laughing about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:31
“Ice” = plain white. Boring.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:31
They really named the kit when it’s literally a white shirt? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:20
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:17
I’m sure Ashlyn has been here, she definitely searches herself online. And long probably has too you’re right. Some Nwsl players have because it used to be a top google hit for a lot of them before the league became more popular. Someone made an ig story at an airport back in the day with some players laughing about it.
Ash def did way back in the day. Think she even made a tweet or something. She wasn't all that happy with fans talking about her and Ali's rs. Looking back AK was probably more pissed people caught on so fast they were dating. 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

once again I am asking… can mods ban people who bring up tumblr, Twitter, reddit, discord, etc. accounts? It’s pathetic that y’all come here to complain about them because you’re too cowardly to do it on the site.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These “journos” are so annoying promoting each others shitty work :mask: