Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 19:49
As an American Tillies fan I wish they'd put the doc on our Disney+ but frankly I doubt it. I'll probably have to find a dodgy weblink to watch it and hope I don't get a virus.
It was confirmed by an Aus journo for ESPN in the replies to the tweet about it that it'll be an international release.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good win for Kerr the other night. At least she gets the respect she deserves by the London media, unlike with the European awards.

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well it looks like Lia has blocked Caitlin on instagram. It's been obvious to anyone willing to look past their shipper goggles that something has been up with them for months.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 21:37
Well it looks like Lia has blocked Caitlin on instagram. It's been obvious to anyone willing to look past their shipper goggles that something has been up with them for months.
I’d bet Lia will be leaving at the end of the season. I don’t think she wants long distance, she and her last gf (Tabea Kemme) broke up when Kemme retired and was going to be heading back to Germany. But the blocking thing makes it also seem like something may have happened and it’s not just an amicable “relationship has run its course” breakup. Frankly I’m surprised it lasted almost 3 years, seemed like it started just as a lockdown hookup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 21:47
Guest wrote:
I’d bet Lia will be leaving at the end of the season. I don’t think she wants long distance, she and her last gf (Tabea Kemme) broke up when Kemme retired and was going to be heading back to Germany. But the blocking thing makes it also seem like something may have happened and it’s not just an amicable “relationship has run its course” breakup. Frankly I’m surprised it lasted almost 3 years, seemed like it started just as a lockdown hookup.
Da. People couldn't stop going on about how romantic the beginning of their relationship was but me personally saw it as a big red flag. Zero "dating" just straight into being practically married. No time to sit and think if a relationship was a good idea.

I do hope Caitlin is ok, Lia seems a bit of a cold fish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 15:01
Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 21:47
Guest wrote:
Da. People couldn't stop going on about how romantic the beginning of their relationship was but me personally saw it as a big red flag. Zero "dating" just straight into being practically married. No time to sit and think if a relationship was a good idea.

I do hope Caitlin is ok, Lia seems a bit of a cold fish.
Caitlin was always much more comfortable about sharing than Lia, Lia mostly shared pictures of her and Caitlin on her VSCO which she then deleted. Caitlin was a lot more open. It was apparently an issue in the relationship with Tabea Kemme as well, Tabbi was out but Lia wasn’t and didn’t want her sharing anything. Tabbi’s very open about her current relationship. Makes you wonder if one of the (likely many) reasons was that disconnect in Caitlin maybe wanting to be more open and Lia not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She has had a hectic few years

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 22:11

Anyone have any idea what Logarzo’s doing next. She’s had some real bad luck this last year or so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 22:56
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 22:11

Anyone have any idea what Logarzo’s doing next. She’s had some real bad luck this last year or so.
It is unfortunate she could not finish her season in Australia. Might be hard to find a team to try and make the WC roster.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i read steph catley is probably out for the rest of season with her foot injury if it's 6-8 weeks recovery. good that she should be healed before the wc but bad that she'll have some injury rust to shake off heading into it too. thank goodness grant and nevin who can both play lb got a lot more senior experience recently

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:52
i read steph catley is probably out for the rest of season with her foot injury if it's 6-8 weeks recovery. good that she should be healed before the wc but bad that she'll have some injury rust to shake off heading into it too. thank goodness grant and nevin who can both play lb got a lot more senior experience recently
That really sucks. She’s kind of a bit like Simon with all these injuries. Just as soon as she finds some form, another injury pops up. It’s unfortunate that she now really can’t be relied upon to be injury free for long periods of time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

from today

:hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If (big IF) the fangirls are right and they just wanted to be more private and they didn't want to be following each other idgi.

1) they're literally teammates, no one would raise an eyebrow at two teammates following each other in the first place 2) if they no longer wanted to follow each other was it really necessary for Lia to block Cait and not just mutually unfollow one another?

Also maybe just accept that you can't hide what is already out there and being weird about it now after three years attracts 100 times more attention than just going lowkey without all the unfollowing and blocking and deleting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
How can you tell that she has blocked her rather than just unfollowed her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:23
Guest wrote:
How can you tell that she has blocked her rather than just unfollowed her?
da. likes, comments and tags made by and including caitlin on lia's instagram page are gone - basically her activity on lia's profile has been erased.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crummer selected for Matilda’s April window again….omfg :argh:

Reactions:

Post by 1717 »

Whos not in there other then Steph

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 03:39
at this point i can't see them dropping her but if she gets game time again these friendlies i'll scream.
What's happened to Fowler ? Why is she fallen out of tony's good books. I've been critical of her recent outings with the tillies but she is a generational talent that in one moment can change the trajectory of the game with a goal. Can't ever say the same thing about Crummer

Reactions:

Post by 8266 »

Remi simsen should be there instead of crummer

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

A bit random having 4 goalkeepers. I wonder if someone is injured? Or else they're planning for Lydia's retirement? Either way, it seems like a waste of a spot
Glad to see Holly MacNamara back. Probably replacing Gielnik but hopefully Tony will give her the chance to earn her spot fully in the spot. Also Ellie is back!!!!
I'm guessing Crummer at this point is like a sunken-cost fallacy thing? Like they've spent so much time on her that they feel like have to keep naming her? Either that or she has serious dirt on someone. But seriously, why not pick Ibini, Siemsen, or even Heyman? All of them are so much more useful.

Reactions:

Post by 8273 »

yeetus wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 09:31
A bit random having 4 goalkeepers. I wonder if someone is injured? Or else they're planning for Lydia's retirement? Either way, it seems like a waste of a spot
Glad to see Holly MacNamara back. Probably replacing Gielnik but hopefully Tony will give her the chance to earn her spot fully in the spot. Also Ellie is back!!!!
I'm guessing Crummer at this point is like a sunken-cost fallacy thing? Like they've spent so much time on her that they feel like have to keep naming her? Either that or she has serious dirt on someone. But seriously, why not pick Ibini, Siemsen, or even Heyman? All of them are so much more useful.
I think it’s because Lydia has been terrible

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 06:08
Guest wrote:
at this point i can't see them dropping her but if she gets game time again these friendlies i'll scream.
What's happened to Fowler ? Why is she fallen out of tony's good books. I've been critical of her recent outings with the tillies but she is a generational talent that in one moment can change the trajectory of the game with a goal. Can't ever say the same thing about Crummer
How much playing time is she getting at City? I don't follow them so I don't really know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1717 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 04:30
Whos not in there other then Steph
Gielnik, injury I think? But she shouldn't be there anyway. Agree with the other commenter that Siemsen should be given a chance rather than Crummer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 02:40
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 06:08
Guest wrote:
How much playing time is she getting at City? I don't follow them so I don't really know.
She is getting barely any playing time. She may need to consider moving to a different club if she wants to be a starter. Everton could be a good fit for her. Or Tottenham. A team that basically needs a goal scorer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what's going on with teagan micah ? is she injured? she hasnt played for rosengard in pre season or now not in the first game of the season today and not featured in gameday rosters. she's called up for april so...has any coach or journo said anything ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Too Many players on the bench in their clubs and with few minutes: Raso, Kennedy, Mary...
Who else?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 22:43
Too Many players on the bench in their clubs and with few minutes: Raso, Kennedy, Mary...
Who else?
It's mostly those three. Everyone else is getting decent minutes except injured Steph.

Alanna not having minutes lately is understandable because she's been injured so much. We don't really know her true ranking among the CBs at City this season. I reckon she'll be leaving though unless she can get guaranteed minutes.
Raso should have been sent on loan for the last 6 months of her contract since it's clear she's not a major part of GT's plans at City.
Mary is young and on a longer contract at City but she's another one that would have benefited from going on loan for a while instead of rusting on the bench.

We don't know what's going on with Teagan either but she's presumed injured since she's not been making gameday rosters for Rosengard during pre-season or for their first game last weekend. She hasn't played a competitive game since the November friendlies last year.

Also I hope Alex Chidiac only being brought on late in the second half for Louisville isn't how it's going to be for her season there. She got varying but usually decent minutes last season with them. We'll give it a few more games to see how she goes this year I suppose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gielnik is now in a boot. I don’t think she’s good enough for the Matildas, but so many players with injuries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 22:49
Gielnik is now in a boot. I don’t think she’s good enough for the Matildas, but so many players with injuries.
We actually aren't too bad with injuries to key players except Steph right now *knocks on wood*
I think most others we've had are well on the mend/comeback.

Reactions:

Post by 1736 »

Steph was limping pretty bad today im praying she back for World Cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The gasp I just gasped when she turned over JFC :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Probably the most important penalty Kerr’s ever taken. Hopefully this gets the monkey off her back with penalties now.

Reactions:

Post by 1716 »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 22:40
Probably the most important penalty Kerr’s ever taken. Hopefully this gets the monkey off her back with penalties now.
For sure I think this is the only one she’s taken since and she fucken nailed it so proud of her … must be a lot of pressure off her for them now going into the world cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

y'all i think we missed remy getting a gf. she played with this girl at aik last season and she's been over visiting remy in leicester. i just noticed when remy tagged her in her recent post. you can see a lot of 'same place same time' stuff too between their accounts but they don't see to be hiding it much really either lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 18:48
y'all i think we missed remy getting a gf. she played with this girl at aik last season and she's been over visiting remy in leicester. i just noticed when remy tagged her in her recent post. you can see a lot of 'same place same time' stuff too between their accounts but they don't see to be hiding it much really either lol

I must have gotten her confused with someone else because I thought Remy was straight 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^how long have they been dating ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 21:16
How the hell did Crummer get signed internationally when Vine still hasn’t?

Hopefully we hear of a new signing of Vine after the A-league finals.

Reactions:

Post by 1817 »

Kennedy is injured again like surely fucken not my god

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1817 wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 10:57
Kennedy is injured again like surely fucken not my god
She's never been as injury prone as she's been since the start if this season. We've seen her pick up injuries both during games for the Matildas and for Man City as well as during Man City practices. It must be incredibly frustrating for her too.
Maybe they're just being cautious but she's not seen the pitch much at all this season between one reason or another.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 04:00
Guest wrote:

I think if she’s going to go with a Scandi team it’ll be after the A-League finals. Also wondered if maybe she’s in talks with a WSL team and will be heading there after the World Cup when the new season starts. I’m always confused with the weird WSL requirements/point system so maybe she would qualify after the WC.

She should have gone to an international team last year though. I think it would’ve done her a world of good before the WC to play at a stepped up level. Even if she goes to a Swedish or Norwegian in April or May it’ll seem too little too late.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not ideal heading into an important international break to see where we're at after CoN with a few other players named to the squad with mystery injuries too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 04:00
Guest wrote:

I think if she’s going to go with a Scandi team it’ll be after the A-League finals. Also wondered if maybe she’s in talks with a WSL team and will be heading there after the World Cup when the new season starts. I’m always confused with the weird WSL requirements/point system so maybe she would qualify after the WC.

She should have gone to an international team last year though. I think it would’ve done her a world of good before the WC to play at a stepped up level. Even if she goes to a Swedish or Norwegian in April or May it’ll seem too little too late.
Don’t think Aussies are affected by the WSL points system since we’re a commonwealth. That’s how Siemsen and Nevin are able to play.

Reactions:

Post by 2873 »

Looks like allana has been withdrawn from camp going by the arrivals Mary and Hayley arrived

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

God rhali Dobson is insufferable on dubzone….just projects her shit for views.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 11:32
Yeah, she’s very annoying. I get trying to promote the A League, but someone like Heyman is past the international level.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 12:22
Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 11:32
Yeah, she’s very annoying. I get trying to promote the A League, but someone like Heyman is past the international level.
Op. Heyman dragged her over the jets comments so I found that interesting but her dismissing the Matilda’s 7 game winning streak as not good enough for her was laughable. Like when I watched the video and heard her take on it and her facial expressions I thought this girl has seriously lost the plot. Iv never liked her tbh…I remember how her bf used to write weird comments on Melbourne city’s Facebook page because kyah would get selected over her 😂