Volleyball

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

DERBY DAY
VAKIF VS ECZ

When: Today 15:00 Turkey time
Where: TRT Spor Yıldız and pray it's not blocked

A clash of titans again. No amount of anything can take the pain away from Turkey. But momentary hope in a match can do wonders.

Don't know who I'm going for in this one but I have a feeling Ecz may clinch it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 09:56
DERBY DAY
VAKIF VS ECZ

When: Today 15:00 Turkey time
Where: TRT Spor Yıldız and pray it's not blocked

A clash of titans again. No amount of anything can take the pain away from Turkey. But momentary hope in a match can do wonders.

Don't know who I'm going for in this one but I have a feeling Ecz may clinch it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So weird going for Vakif because they're the underdog. Although not by any standard except their own.. They're having an underdog season?
In any which case even if they lose I have absolutely loved their fighting spirit the whole match.

Secondly... Gatdang Hande. This is the fittest I've ever seen her :blinkwide:

Thirdly I'll miss these great encounters when Egonu goes back to Italy. We won't see this great rivalry in play as frequently. Even though in different periods of their career, and there's still Vargas, the hype and tension is different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 04:50
Praia Clube congratulating Carol and Anne on their marriage... Novara could never.

I hope they can find themselves a gay-friendly team next season if they really are headed to Europe.
Idk honestly, it's an extraordinary situation in that two high profile players got married to each other. And High Profile is like really HIGH profile from different parts of the world. lol It would not have been as extraordinary if they were from the same country. We're all probably too used to the two of them to notice the significance but imagine if Thaisa and KYK (both 4 years older than them) got married (or any other legendary MB and a different country NT Captain OH).

They were surprisingly fine in Turkey (not even Istanbul, they were in a religious af city), they'll be fine wherever they go because of their lack of hesitation about their relationship, easy-going but strong work ethic and just lovable personalities imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did not expect Melissa Vargas and Ariana federotseva to be that good friends, seeing them interact whilst in the bench during the match yesterday was really cute!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 14:01
Did not expect Melissa Vargas and Ariana federotseva to be that good friends, seeing them interact whilst in the bench during the match yesterday was really cute!
Why?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DERBY DAY
When Tonight 5pm Turkey Time
Where TRT Spor Yildiz

Another serious treat. Ecz defense on point but my heart says 💙💛

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ecz have really laid some eggs when it’s been all to play for this season. Going out in the qf is rough.

Fener were great. Looked explosive and dangerous. Baby Fed especially. 14 aces between Vargas, Ana Cristina and Fed. 🙀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 03:36
Ecz have really laid some eggs when it’s been all to play for this season. Going out in the qf is rough.

Fener were great. Looked explosive and dangerous. Baby Fed especially. 14 aces between Vargas, Ana Cristina and Fed. 🙀
Their strength was their service pressure. That roll of points in the start of second and third really boosted their confidence and them they started firing all cylinders without remorse.
But their next big match is Imoco in CL and comparatively they're babies. Target Haak to take her out of attack or plummer because shed be the weak link in defense. But Haak. Queen of the North.. Ooof that's tough.

On another note

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, where do you guys think Buijrol are going? Transfer rumors have been crazy this year, but we still have nothing on them.

My bet is on Milano. Or maybe Milano (Carol) and Busto Arsizio (Anne). Milano is not keeping Stevanovic and no MBs are linked with them yet. I think Rettke is staying, but she's not at Stevanovic's level yet to be her replacement. She'll probably still get a decent amount of playing time since Folie is injury prone. With Egonu coming they could play with two foreign MBs and two foreign OHs if they wanted.

Milan also has frequent and cheap flights to Amsterdam, so it would be a good fit since their reason for leaving Praia Clube is that Anne wants to spend more time with her family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WTF Egonu is already leaving Vakif? :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 23:02
lol girl where have you been.

so: vakif initially wanted boskovic, she said no. then they wanted vargas, she also said no. these transfer rumors were very widespread, everybody was talking about it, and paola obviously didn't want to be third best, so she is leaving.

after they realized paola wasn't staying, they tried to get akimova, but it seems like she is signing with novara. so now vakif have no opposite. they'll probably have to settle for jordan thompson.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 04:50
Praia Clube congratulating Carol and Anne on their marriage... Novara could never.

I hope they can find themselves a gay-friendly team next season if they really are headed to Europe.
Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 18:04
So, where do you guys think Buijrol are going? Transfer rumors have been crazy this year, but we still have nothing on them.

My bet is on Milano. Or maybe Milano (Carol) and Busto Arsizio (Anne). Milano is not keeping Stevanovic and no MBs are linked with them yet. I think Rettke is staying, but she's not at Stevanovic's level yet to be her replacement. She'll probably still get a decent amount of playing time since Folie is injury prone. With Egonu coming they could play with two foreign MBs and two foreign OHs if they wanted.

Milan also has frequent and cheap flights to Amsterdam, so it would be a good fit since their reason for leaving Praia Clube is that Anne wants to spend more time with her family.
I blame these two posts for today’s Carol to Novara rumor :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rumors about Egonu and Castillo to Milano and Carol to Novara coming out within the same 24 hours, is it a coincidence?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 17:04
Rumors about Egonu and Castillo to Milano and Carol to Novara coming out within the same 24 hours, is it a coincidence?
thanks i hate it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If that's true the only way I ever understand Carol's decisions is through a double deal with her wife. That "ever" in there is for when they went to Nilüfer in Turkey. Because I just checked, Nilüfer finished 11th at the Turkish league the previous season before they joined (i.e. when they signed on) and only didn't get relegated by moving up a spot to 10th at "playouts". And she was already one of the BEST blockers in the world then. So the only reason they went there is because some genius made the double deal move. Any gay that in love, would. Novara is either a repeat of that now or just a rumor.

Buijs is underrated btw, imo. The main complaint about her has always been the pass but when you look at her numbers, her reception percentage is still above many of the decent OH favorites out there (bar legends like Gabi, Zhu etc).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 12:43
Guest wrote:

so: vakif initially wanted boskovic, she said no. then they wanted vargas, she also said no. these transfer rumors were very widespread, everybody was talking about it, and paola obviously didn't want to be third best, so she is leaving.

after they realized paola wasn't staying, they tried to get akimova, but it seems like she is signing with novara. so now vakif have no opposite. they'll probably have to settle for jordan thompson.
At least she can have a gf in Italy, in Turkey not so much :mask:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 21:56
If that's true the only way I ever understand Carol's decisions is through a double deal with her wife. That "ever" in there is for when they went to Nilüfer in Turkey. Because I just checked, Nilüfer finished 11th at the Turkish league the previous season before they joined (i.e. when they signed on) and only didn't get relegated by moving up a spot to 10th at "playouts". And she was already one of the BEST blockers in the world then. So the only reason they went there is because some genius made the double deal move. Any gay that in love, would. Novara is either a repeat of that now or just a rumor.

Buijs is underrated btw, imo. The main complaint about her has always been the pass but when you look at her numbers, her reception percentage is still above many of the decent OH favorites out there (bar legends like Gabi, Zhu etc).
tbh i feel like in the nilufer move anne was the one "settling" for a smaller club, not carol. anne played for vakifbank before she went to rio and was the best OH of the 2015 european championship. she was a very well known player internationally. while carol was the best blocker in the superliga, i feel like a lot of teams were probably weary of signing a 183 cm tall MB and didn't think she would be able to stop the big hitters playing in turkey. jokes on them, because she was the best blocker in the league that season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 23:08
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She can have a girlfriend in Turkey but she can’t make it public like in Italy. Anyway I see her more with men than women because she talks a lot about having children and pregnancy in her interviews.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Girl was stuck in general thread. And I get it it's hard to navigate back to and into normal lchat from here. Mfs really screwed us but I'm kinda okay with less coming in here and 'who da gays' q

Maybe having a superstar opp might work out for Vakif. They were always balanced I mean Haak was outstanding, but it was working the balanced system that really made them stand out.
I dunno it'll be interesting and challenging. But that's what makes some of the best teams. It's been a hot minute but Vakif have won with lesser super star line-ups. Its attributed to their reputation and why they've been regarded as one of the best for so long, rather than for a couple hot seasons.
Being the the best and reputable is not always about gathering all the best into one team but how players work together to exceed the best of their individual selves, to create a unit that defeats others that have on paper better line ups.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 11:03
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She can have a girlfriend in Turkey but she can’t make it public like in Italy. Anyway I see her more with men than women because she talks a lot about having children and pregnancy in her interviews.
I mean, Anne Buijs and Gabi have also talked about having children, and Fabi (the libero) has a daughter with her wife. Lesbians can get pregnant, we still have functioning uteruses. But I get that doing it the het way is a lot easier than IVF and whatnot.

But also didn't she say that she didn't want children because she didn't want to bring a black child into this world just to suffer? I really feel for her, she seems to be in a really bad place mentally. I hope she has a good support system in Italy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reporting from Turkey, you can indeed have a girlfriend here. We just have a three monkeys culture (you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as it's not broadcasted), not "you can't live your life" one. It's complicated for those who have to live here most their lives, but not so much for temp athletes.

Two takes to consider here.

Ebrar was able to be obvious about her girlfriend UNTIL someone made pointed and politically motivated "news" about it, spelled it out and made it "known" (i.e. breaking the three monkeys rule, Ebrar sharing things on her ig with her gf was not breaking the rule by itself). At that point other NT players had to 'defend' her with general support messages. Even IN the support messages none of them spelled it out because they know this country. Spelling things out is the only way in which you open it up to idiocy.

The second thing is actually Carol and Anne playing together in one of the most religious big cities in Turkey (Bursa) in 2016/2017 and Carol talked about (in an insta live interview she did in 2021) how well they were received as a couple by their teammates. Looking back at her posts from then, she didn't hide them per se but since no one spelled it out in that viral sense, it caused no problems. So much so that she was talking about it in a positive sense in 2021.

Now obviously, if they married THEN, I would not even be making this post because the reaction from the public and the media would be the most homophobic thing you've ever witnessed in your life (exaggerating to make a point if that's not clear lol). Really, the only few negative comments about their marriage I've seen were from Turkish speaking people. But still, as things stand, the rest of what I said remains true. Egonu could have a gf in Turkey. No one would bat an eye. Since 1. she doesn't have political weight by simply not being a Turkish national so no one would bother making a story about it and 2. I don't think she'd get to buijrol level any time soon with any gf she might get.

Three things actually, Sheilla's pretty much living with Gabi half her time. Them not being like Carol about it has nothing to do with the country Gabi's working at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We have elections in May. The country will either be a shithole (no, it's not yet) or it will slowly... very slowly... slooowly... change for the better. But until now we have never been this evil Muslim country where people ride camels all day long. Despite all the shit we've been through, we've never been what the West wants us to be.

I hope the opposition will win the elections and I hope Egonu stays in Turkey and doesn't go back to the country where racist articles are written about her almost every other day. Dunno what’s going on with Vakif but she is looking so happy around her team and fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I was just thinking about how most contracts are signed by March and Buijrol started dating late 2016. We don't know their anniversary, but let's say it's in November. So they'd only been together for 4-ish months when they decided to go Nilufer. Gays in love indeed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:

I was just thinking about how most contracts are signed by March and Buijrol started dating late 2016. We don't know their anniversary, but let's say it's in November. So they'd only been together for 4-ish months when they decided to go Nilufer. Gays in love indeed.
lol According to Anne they started in January/February of 2017, but they probably both knew earlier on with the immediate connection/attraction. Apparently Carol started taking English lessons soon after they met and by 2017 she's translating people from the team to Anne too. That level of gay I've only seen in fanfiction. :nervous: I may have went on a deep dive on their history after I saw their cute as fuck wedding photos.

joyoo2
Reactions:

Free Porn Pictures and Best HD Sex Photos

Post by joyoo2 »

Hot sexy porn projects, daily updates
http://undergroungpornspottsville.hoterika.com/?anabel
ileana porn queen 3d cartoon porn free porn tubes dominatrix naked star jumps porn pinky porn black free

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:argh: FENER İ LOVE YOU 💛💙💛💙💛💙

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 17:41
Incredible stuff. Did we get it wrong? Is Terzic actually a genius? 😂

Interesting how the Vargas addition has changed things. She keeps things very loose off court. Maybe helps keeps the pressure off? The difference with the team since the earthquake has been wild.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yesli is dia de los muertos now :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 20:53
Guest wrote:

Interesting how the Vargas addition has changed things. She keeps things very loose off court. Maybe helps keeps the pressure off? The difference with the team since the earthquake has been wild.
No I think when they get it right they have great components to be the top team. WHEN they get it right. Look at Terzic with Serbian NT. He's a d--- but the damn fool still has it. But in their first season together they were pushing Vakif to 5ers and tight matches in the Turkish league finals AND we're talking vakif with MBH HAAK. They've got a season in big settings wch, champions league, finals so hopefully there's less nerves. I love them. I hope there's at least another season of them in this same line up... Although I hear macris is going to THY with ze :bigcry:

Vargas has always kept it loose. Even her mannerisms on court are casual. She's slaying atm and definitely in the best shape.

But it is Imoco and for sure next match they will make adjustments. Their similarity to Vakif is that they wouldn't dare be humiliated again.

I

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 07:05
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 20:53
Guest wrote:

No I think when they get it right they have great components to be the top team. WHEN they get it right. Look at Terzic with Serbian NT. He's a d--- but the damn fool still has it. But in their first season together they were pushing Vakif to 5ers and tight matches in the Turkish league finals AND we're talking vakif with MBH HAAK. They've got a season in big settings wch, champions league, finals so hopefully there's less nerves. I love them. I hope there's at least another season of them in this same line up... Although I hear macris is going to THY with ze :bigcry:

Vargas has always kept it loose. Even her mannerisms on court are casual. She's slaying atm and definitely in the best shape.

But it is Imoco and for sure next match they will make adjustments. Their similarity to Vakif is that they wouldn't dare be humiliated again.

I
I'm still hoping this doesn't happen, because THY's rumored line up rn makes no sense. Assuming Van Ryk and Anthi are starters, why would Ze Roberto bring 3 Brazilians only to bench 2 right before the Olympics? Plus, why would Tugba go there just to sit on the bench (there's no way he is benching Julia B, she needs the playing time the most)? I'm pretty sure Tugba wants to play so she can have a shot at making the Olympic team. I think Macris and Anthi actually aren't going, and THY's going to look something like this:

Sila / Van Ryk
Tugba / Julia B
Diana / Kubra
Melis

Unless the turkish league is planning on changing the foreign limit to 4, then I can see Macris going. I have a feeling Anthi is not going either way (don't ask me why, it's just a hunch).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They say Van Ryk is going to take a break from volleyball. Her mother has health problems and she wants to spend time with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 22:24
They say Van Ryk is going to take a break from volleyball. Her mother has health problems and she wants to spend time with her.
Her mother was taken to the hospital. :( She asked the club for an early leave and of course got an ok from THY… I think she will stay away from volleyball for a while.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 09:24
Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 22:24
Her mother was taken to the hospital. :( She asked the club for an early leave and of course got an ok from THY… I think she will stay away from volleyball for a while.

Shit soooo THY is down an Opp. No. Bueno. Especially as all ops are now accounted for...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Meeeelly why you so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Van Ryk is returning for the next season, because otherwise THY wouldn't have made a point to announce her renewal early. Though it's of course hard to predit how much time off she'll need.
But, yeah, THY will likely have to play the rest of the season without her. And their coach left them. And Naz is injured. And so is her backup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 10:44
I think Van Ryk is returning for the next season, because otherwise THY wouldn't have made a point to announce her renewal early. Though it's of course hard to predit how much time off she'll need.
But, yeah, THY will likely have to play the rest of the season without her. And their coach left them. And Naz is injured. And so is her backup.
So from 4th to.... 6th. Damn this season is a write off. But honestly looking forward to their next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gattaz tore her ACL :( I hope this isn't a forced retirement, she still has a lot of fire left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 23:38
Gattaz tore her ACL :( I hope this isn't a forced retirement, she still has a lot of fire left.
:bigcry:
Even if she recovers it won't be the same and at her age recovery takes longer. This is so sad. As you said she is a fire in any team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg I'm so nervous for Conegliano and Fener.
This is it... In away territory where the crowd act as another player.

Fener have to keep calm and play with absolute tenacity and higher IQ because you BET that Santarelli has made his team study that match to memorise their necessary adjustments.
You bet that their rhythm, passing and Haak will be out there guns blazing.

I hope the defense is on point, the middles are incorporated slightly more and the young pins all stay calm. 💙💛

:argh: most of all I hope for a damn good fight :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anyone have problem subscribing for vbtv? I can't purchase their monthly plan at their app.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 06:13
anyone have problem subscribing for vbtv? I can't purchase their monthly plan at their app.
Nope I'm good. But this is Eurovolley which is different. Only European vb whereas vbtv cover international. Cev champions league pass available though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:39
Guest wrote:
Nope I'm good. But this is Eurovolley which is different. Only European vb whereas vbtv cover international. Cev champions league pass available though
what is eurovolley? different app? I'm not from europe do they geoblocked their app?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:52
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:39
Guest wrote:
what is eurovolley? different app? I'm not from europe do they geoblocked their app?
https://www.eurovolley.tv/en-int/page/home-cev

Depending on where you're from, it might be cheaper to try to get a membership for the CEV youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@CEVolleyball) instead, so check if that's an option for you. If you get the youtube membership, you'll get access to the paywalled Champions League live streams on the channel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good news everyone! Carol could be going to Scandicci instead of Novara. Antropova is expected to get her Italian citizenship soon, so that should open a foreign spot for a MB.

Maja / Antropova
Zhu / Herbots
Carol / Squarcini
Merlo

Pretty stacked ngl. I hope they don't choke this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

9-1 in the way of Fener. Love to see it :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honestly, this Fenerbahce squad looks unbeatable rn... I support Vakif, but I can't see them making it this time around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What happened to Ana Christina? Why is she suddenly like a machine? :blinkwide:
As an Eczaci fan I wallow in self-pity. :sadangel:

PrensAce
Reactions:

Post by PrensAce »

Imoco with 4 reception line against Arina Fedorovtseva's serve but she's still able to score 8 ace in just 2 sets. Really Queen of Aces!🐥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

these are from a random dutch interview from 2018 apparently:

straight out of a fanfic

any guesses on the homophobic, "erdogan supporting" team? it was probably not vakif, even though they suck as well. s/o to nilufer for being so welcoming though, i'm going to casually support them from now on.

also, i looked it up and there are two serbian players who played with anne in baku: aleksandra crncevic and ivana djerisilo, but i know nothing about them, so i'm won't be trying to guess which one is a pos.