International Women's Football - Part IV

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 06:13
The hilarious thing all these first leg matches suggest is it isn't outside the realm of possibility we get an arsenal v chelsea final
Wolfsburg will need to be better and if arsenal can play with the same intensity they didn't against chelsea in the conti cup there's no reason why they can't edge out a victory over two legs (assuming they win v bayern )

Chelsea have a tougher road but if they can take their chances and be clinical they are a chance against barca, much more hopeful than a few months ago. I actually would rather play barca aghast two legs than one: if you can keep it tight in the first leg

Again i tgink on the whole the performances on yhe firsr leg were disappointing for all teams so the second leg will be more telling of where teams are.
it's all about who can take their chances at the right moment, which is why I'm giving Bayern an edge over Arsenal

Reactions:

Post by 6778 »

Do we think Millie turner will get another call up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:44
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:42
It’s so strange when VAR comes in and overturns correct decisions. That’s not what it’s there for at all. The referee obeyed him of course, she’s got no choice if she wants more games.
What are you talking about? It was a clear penalty. Multiple angles showed the ball hitting her arm.
Was talking about the first decision with psg’s penalty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:59
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:42
Who wants to bet PSG-WOB will end 1:0 too? :rofl:
Lol I was right
Technically not, it was 0-1😛 but if you didn’t mean to specify a winning team then you were right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:17
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:59
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:42
Who wants to bet PSG-WOB will end 1:0 too? :rofl:
Lol I was right
Technically not, it was 0-1😛 but if you didn’t mean to specify a winning team then you were right.
Only one game ended 1-0, Bayern is the only home team to win so far :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:52
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:39
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:31
Can someone please explain to me why we are still giving Alexia prizes for 2021 in the year of our Lord 2023?!

No wonder Aitana has a chip on her shoulder. Her flowers aren't coming for years! :lol:

And I thought that the timing of the FIFA Best award relative to the window was stupid. This is ridiculous.
Chin up Aitana girl. Your time is almost here.
I don't understand the timing of any of these awards at all, but this takes the cake.

Spanish friends - is this normal? Or are we simply taking advantage of Alexia's popularity now because she won't be nominated for awards for this past season as she was injured?
I am Spanish and I suppose this is pure marketing, we must admit that Barca are good at getting their players to receive prizes even when they don't deserve it, but I think that no one should take seriously any prize that is given subjectively.

And now that I'm talking about marketing, right now Alexia has a lot of money in advertising, no one believes that she is going to waste thousands of euros in sponsorships by not going to the World Cup (and it is understandable), the funny thing will be the fanfic that her fans will tell us to justify it when they have been harassing every player who went with the Spanish team xd

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 03:58
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we are still giving Alexia prizes for 2021 in the year of our Lord 2023?!

No wonder Aitana has a chip on her shoulder. Her flowers aren't coming for years! :lol:

And I thought that the timing of the FIFA Best award relative to the window was stupid. This is ridiculous.
I don't understand the timing of any of these awards at all, but this takes the cake.

Spanish friends - is this normal? Or are we simply taking advantage of Alexia's popularity now because she won't be nominated for awards for this past season as she was injured?
I think Alexia’s agency work their asses off to maintain her hype and PR.
Yes. And that’s what any good agent would do lol. Alexia for her part did her job and actually gave them something to work with. By, you know, actually being a good player.

Now, are there other amazing players out there who don’t get the hype they deserve? (and the opportunities and money fame comes with ofc) Yes, absolutely. But that’s not Alexia’s fault (or Leah Williamson’s, Lucy Bronze’s, Sam Kerr’s, Beth Mead’s, etc.) That’s on their management team and unfortunately on the media which always tries to capitalize on already existing popularity instead of branching out and uncovering underrated players =_=
Including Lea Williamson in the same group as Putellas, Mead, Kerr or any American with 2 World Cups should be a crime :) . She has been lucky, that for some strange reason she is the captain of England, but let's be honest, at a football level she is a pretty normal player, she does not stand out for her skills.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lia could actually be dating the cropped hair guy she storied about, amys denial aside. Yes i know he is her physio but eh. What's funny is if she is indeed dating him or someone else yet her being the one to block Caitlin instead of other way around. Anyways she will either date a player in her new team or someone from the staff, which could be a dude this time around. These footballers don't have a life outside of their club.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The hilarious thing all these first leg matches suggest is it isn't outside the realm of possibility we get an arsenal v chelsea final
Wolfsburg will need to be better and if arsenal can play with the same intensity they didn't against chelsea in the conti cup there's no reason why they can't edge out a victory over two legs (assuming they win v bayern )

Chelsea have a tougher road but if they can take their chances and be clinical they are a chance against barca, much more hopeful than a few months ago. I actually would rather play barca aghast two legs than one: if you can keep it tight in the first leg

Again i tgink on the whole the performances on yhe firsr leg were disappointing for all teams so the second leg will be more telling of where teams are.
Arsenal fans are so delusional. Conti cup are only cup they winning this season. And no i think the only team that lost their away game in the first leg was more disappointing then everyone who won their away games except maybe Wolfsburg winning on a pen. But they'd have ur number too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 08:38
hilarious, both of them would fit in the NWSL

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:53
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:48
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:19
Ok, it's definitely a penalty for Wolfsburg. It's a clear hand.
Hamraoui was begging for a penalty, having both her hands stretch up high and wide, but then it hit De Almeida instead. And it was a clear penalty. Very tough luck for PSG with VAR though, because the ref missed the hand (this ref doesn’t believe in hand ball). I thought PSG should have had a penalty as well and that one she awarded, but VAR took it away… found it strange as there was clear contact, even if she didn’t mean to. Neither did De Almeida with the hand.
Nah, it's the right call Sakina started the contact with her knee.
Hmm yeah but Hegering had stuck her leg out into the path of her running. We see penalties and free kicks awarded for that all the time. She stopped her running forward and she didn’t get the ball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Adidas > Nike with the away kits at least

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:37
Lia could actually be dating the cropped hair guy she storied about, amys denial aside. Yes i know he is her physio but eh. What's funny is if she is indeed dating him or someone else yet her being the one to block Caitlin instead of other way around. Anyways she will either date a player in her new team or someone from the staff, which could be a dude this time around. These footballers don't have a life outside of their club.
That’s one of the stupidest takes i’ve ever read here. Even IF Lia was dating that physio guy (doubt that’s the case, it’s just that all the girls seem to like him and get along well w him) the idea that footballers don’t have a life outside of football is a narrow-minded view that comes from the media’s treatment and critcism of male players who DARE to do anything not football related and actually share it. But just bc these players don’t post everything they do in their free time, it doesn’t mean they’re self-isolating at home. For example, Leah is out and about all the time at concerts, restaurants, bars etc. she doesn’t post anything but she’s spotted by fans who post pics w her. I’m not saying it’s always a good thing, especially when it’s taken to the extreme. But you can’t ask, or seriously believe that professional athletes don’t do anything outside of football.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:
How delusional do you have to be to think that not only one but both of these teams will make it to the final?
I'm telling you right now one team will exit the competition in the quarters the other in the semis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 09:08
Adidas > Nike with the away kits at least

I love that Jamaica jersey. It's not as eye-catching as some of the other kits, but it's got a cool retro vibe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That was my guess for Leah’s next boyfriend.
They were apparently out at Toca Social yesterday with a few other people as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 09:26
Guest wrote:
That’s one of the stupidest takes i’ve ever read here. Even IF Lia was dating that physio guy (doubt that’s the case, it’s just that all the girls seem to like him and get along well w him) the idea that footballers don’t have a life outside of football is a narrow-minded view that comes from the media’s treatment and critcism of male players who DARE to do anything not football related and actually share it. But just bc these players don’t post everything they do in their free time, it doesn’t mean they’re self-isolating at home. For example, Leah is out and about all the time at concerts, restaurants, bars etc. she doesn’t post anything but she’s spotted by fans who post pics w her. I’m not saying it’s always a good thing, especially when it’s taken to the extreme. But you can’t ask, or seriously believe that professional athletes don’t do anything outside of football.
most of these players don't date anyone outside of their current club, that's just a fact no matter how many essays u write even their social life consists of friends from the same club for most part. club is their country for all intents and purpose

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
instagm story with physio/arsenal guy is sus . position , caption :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 10:32
Guest wrote:
They were apparently out at Toca Social yesterday with a few other people as well.
Where do you know?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 10:42
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:09
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:22
Ari and Salma are dating or just Spanish?
Dating. She’s optimistic with the ♾️. Barca is where long term couples go to die.
The curse is coming after Mapi and Engen. Mapi already took her distance from Engen. She seems bored. It's sad that Mapi's relationships never last more than a year...
What is wrong with you mapi troll? They will get married and adopt Spanish and Norwegian children and you will still keep going about how they have broken up. Do you wake up everyday just to refresh news of them being over?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
For real? Ya think she‘s into guys? Nah.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:06
What is wrong with you mapi troll? They will get married and adopt Spanish and Norwegian children and you will still keep going about how they have broken up. Do you wake up everyday just to refresh news of them being over?
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 10:53
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 09:26
Guest wrote:
most of these players don't date anyone outside of their current club, that's just a fact no matter how many essays u write even their social life consists of friends from the same club for most part. club is their country for all intents and purpose
Lia is taking Awfc love island drama to a whole new level.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I am Spanish and I suppose this is pure marketing, we must admit that Barca are good at getting their players to receive prizes even when they don't deserve it, but I think that no one should take seriously any prize that is given subjectively.

And now that I'm talking about marketing, right now Alexia has a lot of money in advertising, no one believes that she is going to waste thousands of euros in sponsorships by not going to the World Cup (and it is understandable), the funny thing will be the fanfic that her fans will tell us to justify it when they have been harassing every player who went with the Spanish team xd
I think she will go to the World Cup for footballing reasons, and I don’t blame her at all for that. For someone who’s never had anything beyond a very minor injury before, missing playing most of the season must be torture. Also, she has never been standout for Spain at previous World Cups or Euros and has never scored a World Cup goal. She’ll be 33 at the next one and who knows what might happen in between. I get your point on the sponsorships, and I think that will be a factor but secondary to football. Her return will be carefully curated by her team to protect her image, and yes there will be a lot of gymnastics on Twitter to justify.
Personally, I think there should be nothing to justify at the stage. The whole thing has turned into such a farce, and it’s obvious that as long as Rubiales is there, not much will change. I don’t blame any player for wanting to play for their NT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Both leah and Lia are into boys too and they will date/hook up with men again some day if not already in leahs case cause we never know whats going on with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Both leah and Lia are into boys too and they will date/hook up with men again some day if not already in leahs case cause we never know whats going on with her.
A lot of people are less sure about their oen sexuality than you are about the sexuality of 2 people you do not know? Awesome skills.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
A lot of people are less sure about their oen sexuality than you are about the sexuality of 2 people you do not know? Awesome skills.
Didn't Lia say she was bi? And i thought everyone knew leah was bi. Lol the scenes if Lia dates a dude next.

Plastic
Reactions:

Post by Plastic »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 10:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
He posted a story from there and a couple hours later there a fan posted a photo with her there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Aren’t staff-player romantic relationships strongly discouraged? I doubt she’d be posting about it openly because of that. Staff have lost their jobs over getting in relationships with players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Didn't Lia say she was bi? And i thought everyone knew leah was bi. Lol the scenes if Lia dates a dude next.
DA. Repeating a lie doesn't make it any more true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so its safe to assume Ada is not ready to play? lyon were playing mind games
cause not even playing 10 when u losing is a odd decision

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Millie Bright has done her ACL then I think England will have a noticeably reduced chance of actually winning the World Cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:11
Probably not ready for this game, she might get some warm up minutes during the weekend. Remember she hasn't played since August, so a bit of mind games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
He posted a story from there and a couple hours later there a fan posted a photo with her there.
Oh and you‘re following the account of this dude which is private? :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:15
If Millie Bright has done her ACL then I think England will have a noticeably reduced chance of actually winning the World Cup.
OMG why even say that 3 letter word STOP :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:16
Guest wrote:
Probably not ready for this game, she might get some warm up minutes during the weekend. Remember she hasn't played since August, so a bit of mind games.
DA. That’s what I was thinking too. If Ada is in the squad and you need a goal, you’d surely sub her on even for 15 mins.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:15
She described it herself as a niggle after the game but you never know, she'll have a scan today so I guess we find out soon even if Chelsea are notoriously lowkey with medical updates.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
You know, it’s interesting coz Leah really was at toca social yesterday. A fan posted a pic w her there, i acn link it up if people need proof. But this anon should give us the handle of this supposed guy or at least some other form of proof if they want us to believe him

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
I am not following him, but I’m following another account (which is also private) of someone in the PT world who was there with him and he reposted the guy’s story because he was tagged. It was just him standing up getting ready to kick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Where do you know?
You know, it’s interesting coz Leah really was at toca social yesterday. A fan posted a pic w her there, i acn link it up if people need proof. But this anon should give us the handle of this supposed guy or at least some other form of proof if they want us to believe him
this fan pic?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Where do you know?
I am not following him, but I’m following another account (which is also private) of someone in the PT world who was there with him and he reposted the guy’s story because he was tagged. It was just him standing up getting ready to kick.
Wait so how do you know that’s Leah’s boyfriend? Was it just them out w the guy’s friends from the PT world or was it a team night out?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:56
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
this fan pic?

No, that one’s from a concert a few days ago. Here:

ignore the caption of the vid, they don’t know what they’re talking about. That’s not the o2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shelina getting more finger / hand tattoos…she is gay gay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:57
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where do you know?
Wait so how do you know that’s Leah’s boyfriend? Was it just them out w the guy’s friends from the PT world or was it a team night out?
da. i actually don’t understand what’s going on at all. is anon trying to imply that the pt guy people seem to think is Lia’s new bf for some reason went out w Leah in reality? or who is it that posted what, wtf :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ada: I'll be back next week :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: