International Women's Football - Part IV

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Only arsenal lost their away game. One of this is not like the others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:52
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:39
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:31
Can someone please explain to me why we are still giving Alexia prizes for 2021 in the year of our Lord 2023?!

No wonder Aitana has a chip on her shoulder. Her flowers aren't coming for years! :lol:

And I thought that the timing of the FIFA Best award relative to the window was stupid. This is ridiculous.
Chin up Aitana girl. Your time is almost here.
I don't understand the timing of any of these awards at all, but this takes the cake.

Spanish friends - is this normal? Or are we simply taking advantage of Alexia's popularity now because she won't be nominated for awards for this past season as she was injured?
It is not normal, but since the pandemic the national sports awards are delivered several years late

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:26
Diani's bf is charged for extorsion committed by an organized group

An organized group, also known as a (criminal) gang. The guy is a criminal.

This one says he is suspected of somehow forcing, or using constraint/extorsion, to obtain Diani’s and Katoto’s signatures with PSG. You know like sign them and pay them this much otherwise my gang will come after you. Not very pleasant.

What’s it like on the men’s side? Is PSG’s leadership infiltrated by gang members?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:03
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:00
PSG played better than I expected. I thought Wolfsburg was a clear favourite but the match was really close. The draw would've been a fairer result. Big respect to PSG fans. They were supporting them all the match and it was pretty impressive.
Tbh apart frommaybe Lyon vs Chelsea all the games would've deserved a draw
Roma-Barcelona a draw? Not really. Roma had great last 20 minutes but Barcelona were crushing them for the majority of a match. The match should've had more than one goal (and Roma should've scored at least one) but I do think Barcelona deserved to win that match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
PSG played better than I expected. I thought Wolfsburg was a clear favourite but the match was really close. The draw would've been a fairer result. Big respect to PSG fans. They were supporting them all the match and it was pretty impressive.
Roma-Barcelona a draw? Not really. Roma had great last 20 minutes but Barcelona were crushing them for the majority of a match. The match should've had more than one goal (and Roma should've scored at least one) but I do think Barcelona deserved to win that match.
Oshoala was not having a good game... I loathe Barcelona but they hammered Roma in the first half

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:26
?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:19
they basically just hand these awards to the goal scorers?

Yeah, ridiculous, right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Roma was playing too defensively, they are good when they attack. I hope they attack more next and only keep 2-3 defenders back + get rid of minami who's trash every game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:19
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:17
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:12
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:11
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:00

Most Scandinavian players are str8
Not Lia walti.
Honey…
I didn't know Switzerland was in Scandinavia! :rofl:
:lol: How embarrassing for that anon. DA
Switzerland, Sweden, potato, potato. We’re used to that😂 when Turkey got mad at us (Sweden) recently some people there even burned a Swiss flag in protest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:11

Not Lia walti.
Honey…
Switzerland, Sweden, potato, potato. We’re used to that😂 when Turkey got mad at us (Sweden) recently some people there even burned a Swiss flag in protest.
They love burning flags don’t they. What were they mad about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:38
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:26
?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:19
Ok, it's definitely a penalty for Wolfsburg. It's a clear hand.
Hamraoui was begging for a penalty, having both her hands stretch up high and wide, but then it hit De Almeida instead. And it was a clear penalty. Very tough luck for PSG with VAR though, because the ref missed the hand (this ref doesn’t believe in hand ball). I thought PSG should have had a penalty as well and that one she awarded, but VAR took it away… found it strange as there was clear contact, even if she didn’t mean to. Neither did De Almeida with the hand.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, ridiculous, right?
a bit lazy tbh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:48
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:19
Ok, it's definitely a penalty for Wolfsburg. It's a clear hand.
Hamraoui was begging for a penalty, having both her hands stretch up high and wide, but then it hit De Almeida instead. And it was a clear penalty. Very tough luck for PSG with VAR though, because the ref missed the hand (this ref doesn’t believe in hand ball). I thought PSG should have had a penalty as well and that one she awarded, but VAR took it away… found it strange as there was clear contact, even if she didn’t mean to. Neither did De Almeida with the hand.
Nah, it's the right call Sakina started the contact with her knee.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah, ridiculous, right?
ok i am as critical of Schüller as anyone, but really thought she was one of the best on the pitch yesterday. it's not just about the goal, it's about the other chances, the runs, and she even played quite solid defense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:45
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Honey…
They love burning flags don’t they. What were they mad about?
A Danish anti-islam extremist burning Qurans and recieving police protection. And a group of kurds hangning a doll portraying Erdogan from a tree (might have been a pole).

Sweden actually tried to expel the right wing guy to Denmark, but it turned out he had a Swedish father, so he went and got a Swedish passport and can’t be expelled. Tried that mostly to save police resources and prevent him from being lynched I think. And to avoid a freedom of speech vs burning Quran debate in the middle of trying to get Turkey to approve our Nato application.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chelsea should be second based on match performance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Roord wants to play in England again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah, ridiculous, right?
ok i am as critical of Schüller as anyone, but really thought she was one of the best on the pitch yesterday. it's not just about the goal, it's about the other chances, the runs, and she even played quite solid defense.
yeah like in some cases it's the right choice but here the pattern is so obvious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So with these results and home advantage coming up Barcelona, Chelsea, and Wolfsburg are most likely through to the semis. Will be interesting to see if Arsenal can show up at home or if they shit the bed and Bayern have their usual better-in-the-second-leg match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ari and Salma are dating or just Spanish?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:11
Roord wants to play in England again

Taken out of context, one of those not closing possibilities, maybe one day sort of thing. It's from the livescore interview that was posted here weeks ago, it's an english media platform so of course they gonna asked that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:14
So with these results and home advantage coming up Barcelona, Chelsea, and Wolfsburg are most likely through to the semis. Will be interesting to see if Arsenal can show up at home or if they shit the bed and Bayern have their usual better-in-the-second-leg match.
Another own goal from Leah Williamson will be perfect 🙏 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who do Barca rather play? I feel they want a revenge from Lyon way more than to play Chelsea again
But I do think it be Chelsea they end up playing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:59
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:53
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:18
carpenter is playing pretty shit. i don't think she's quite ready for this intensity after her acl yet tbh
Exactly. No one covered. Just watched the 50/50 and didn't move. Carpenter was isolated a lot and I don't know why Cascarino wasn't utilised in her usual way. Lyon were toothless up front and any team that has 8 corners and nothing coming from them needs to look at their set pieces.
Lyon lost vs juventus in away leg because carpenter was sent off with red card. This chelsea team is not juventus, they don't lose especially in home games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:26
Who do Barca rather play? I feel they want a revenge from Lyon way more than to play Chelsea again
They want to play against Lyon more than playing Chelsea again. Winning to Lyon is necessary for them at this point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think both are dangerous to the way Barça plays. Too much space and they are done, especially if then they can't convert their million chances. But without mistakes I think they can contain both teams, so it's more about the psychology of facing them. Chelsea will have a chance at revenge, but maybe they'll be afraid? and with Lyon they'll be very motivated, but if they ever get behind in the score the phantoms can reappear very quickly.

But based on current form, Lyon seems the more winnable of the two.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:01
omg were those nutty arsenal wag stans likw amy and her crew stalking lia's family who went to the game in germany to see if foord interacted with them? that's hilarious

Well all Amy and Lucy are talking about is jokes about Lia dating the Arsenal physio she posted a photo with...which means there must not have been anything to calm them down about the likely break up. You know if there had been interactions between Foord and Lia's support squad they'd have ran to tumblr to update everyone so fast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:39
Guest wrote:
I think both are dangerous to the way Barça plays. Too much space and they are done, especially if then they can't convert their million chances. But without mistakes I think they can contain both teams, so it's more about the psychology of facing them. Chelsea will have a chance at revenge, but maybe they'll be afraid? and with Lyon they'll be very motivated, but if they ever get behind in the score the phantoms can reappear very quickly.

But based on current form, Lyon seems the more winnable of the two.
SA. If you ask about who they want to defeat more, Lyon for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:42
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:57

is that her gf?
Tuva has a boyfriend but a kiss on the cheek seems to be a fave celebration move for her, she did it with teammates when she played in Norway too.
Aw love a straight girl who ain’t afraid to show affection to dykes 😍 u know how some can be
Do you live in a cave? All straight women are affectionate with lesbians after a drink

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:36
Guest wrote:
They want to play against Lyon more than playing Chelsea again. Winning to Lyon is necessary for them at this point.
'necessary' not really , as long they win it , they can win multiple uwcl for the next year and not face lyon , its all about winning it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

barca fans dream of lyon game , its not even close they WANT lyon
to bad they probably wont get their wish this year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:22
Ari and Salma are dating or just Spanish?
Dating. She’s optimistic with the ♾️. Barca is where long term couples go to die.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
carpenter is playing pretty shit. i don't think she's quite ready for this intensity after her acl yet tbh
Exactly. No one covered. Just watched the 50/50 and didn't move. Carpenter was isolated a lot and I don't know why Cascarino wasn't utilised in her usual way. Lyon were toothless up front and any team that has 8 corners and nothing coming from them needs to look at their set pieces.
Lyon lost vs juventus in away leg because carpenter was sent off with red card. This chelsea team is not juventus, they don't lose especially in home games.
technical skills👎

Reactions:

Post by 2626 »

What did Millie do surely no acl fucken hell anyone have the video off her crying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2626 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:34
What did Millie do surely no acl fucken hell anyone have the video off her crying
https://www.youtube.com/live/ZwXPTdflJDM?feature=share
I don't know if that's what the other anon meant but she surely doesn't look too happy at around the 44th minute mark (56th minute in the video). I don't know if she's crying though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
technical skills👎
She was covering cuthbert. Don’t know why gilles couldn’t cover reiten

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:57

is that her gf?
Tuva has a boyfriend but a kiss on the cheek seems to be a fave celebration move for her, she did it with teammates when she played in Norway too.
ha is that one of the reasons why people mistakenly thought she was with her teammate? in any case, both of these people are clearly in long-term relationships now. the new signings do seem to acclimate well to Bayern relatively quickly. i do worry about Tainara since she does not speak German or much English, right? has she given any interviews in the Brazilian press about her time at Bayern? things are going well on the pitch of course.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:07
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:56
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:53
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:51
Beth needs to stop embarrassing herself buying arsenal stans kooaid. First the one vote difference now this. Arsenal crying about biased referring is such an embarrassing look for a team that benefits the most from biased referring.

She needs to learn to not comment
She is sat there reading arsenal stans delusion all day and spits out as 100% facts. Dumb and dumber.

But no complaints when calls go in their favour :rofl:
DA. Who complains when things go in their favour??! Jesus, use a brain cell before posting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Beth needs to stop embarrassing herself buying arsenal stans kooaid. First the one vote difference now this. Arsenal crying about biased referring is such an embarrassing look for a team that benefits the most from biased referring.

She is sat there reading arsenal stans delusion all day and spits out as 100% facts. Dumb and dumber.

DA. Who complains when things go in their favour??! Jesus, use a brain cell before posting.
They could acknowledge it but they don't do that either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 02:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Anyway Another champions league where arsenal fails to reach the final :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 02:21
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 02:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Anyway Another champions league where arsenal fails to reach the final :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Fans being proud of yellow card McCabe getting away with ref calls 🤢 They’re gonna beat bayern with that. Question is if they’ll get the cl spot next season da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

technical skills👎
One thing for certain. Every player makes mistakes at some point. Not the Lchat legends though. They think they're gods gift to football. (Love to see their multi year contracts and disciplined recovery after a major injury.) :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's the epitome of self importance. Say it to your friends and team mates but have just a tiny bit of humility and don't climb on your public high horse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:09
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:52
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:39
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:31
Can someone please explain to me why we are still giving Alexia prizes for 2021 in the year of our Lord 2023?!

No wonder Aitana has a chip on her shoulder. Her flowers aren't coming for years! :lol:

And I thought that the timing of the FIFA Best award relative to the window was stupid. This is ridiculous.
Chin up Aitana girl. Your time is almost here.
I don't understand the timing of any of these awards at all, but this takes the cake.

Spanish friends - is this normal? Or are we simply taking advantage of Alexia's popularity now because she won't be nominated for awards for this past season as she was injured?
I think Alexia’s agency work their asses off to maintain her hype and PR.
Yes. And that’s what any good agent would do lol. Alexia for her part did her job and actually gave them something to work with. By, you know, actually being a good player.

Now, are there other amazing players out there who don’t get the hype they deserve? (and the opportunities and money fame comes with ofc) Yes, absolutely. But that’s not Alexia’s fault (or Leah Williamson’s, Lucy Bronze’s, Sam Kerr’s, Beth Mead’s, etc.) That’s on their management team and unfortunately on the media which always tries to capitalize on already existing popularity instead of branching out and uncovering underrated players =_=

Reactions:

Post by 1625 »

Who will replace Millie if she’s injured for england

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1625 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 04:16
Who will replace Millie if she’s injured for england
Greenwood and the best centre back in word - Leah Williamson :goldstar: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

technical skills👎
Dunno looked like she wanted to cover Kerr but dunno why both her and Renard needed too. Got caught ball watching in transition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The hilarious thing all these first leg matches suggest is it isn't outside the realm of possibility we get an arsenal v chelsea final
Wolfsburg will need to be better and if arsenal can play with the same intensity they didn't against chelsea in the conti cup there's no reason why they can't edge out a victory over two legs (assuming they win v bayern )

Chelsea have a tougher road but if they can take their chances and be clinical they are a chance against barca, much more hopeful than a few months ago. I actually would rather play barca aghast two legs than one: if you can keep it tight in the first leg

Again i tgink on the whole the performances on yhe firsr leg were disappointing for all teams so the second leg will be more telling of where teams are.