US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 14:26
When will the April friendly roster be released? While I think the roster is mostly set, I am interested to see if O’Hara or Davidson displace anyone.

(I already assume Smith replaces Midge from the last roster).
My guess is next week after these opening weekend games. So about a week before camp starts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 14:26
When will the April friendly roster be released? While I think the roster is mostly set, I am interested to see if O’Hara or Davidson displace anyone.

(I already assume Smith replaces Midge from the last roster).
The FIFA window opens on April 3, so probably early next week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The NWSL needs a different designation than SEI for injuries carried over from last year. It is confusing and should only be used for players that won’t play in 2023.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 18:37
The NWSL needs a different designation than SEI for injuries carried over from last year. It is confusing and should only be used for players that won’t play in 2023.
This year the entire season is practically split in half, till summer and after summer. 1st part will close the game july 9 and 2nd part of the season start with game august 18 with the Challenge cup as a filler in the summer. I think SEI is left by the teams with players who are not expected to play in 1st part of the current season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:27
Guest wrote:
This year the entire season is practically split in half, till summer and after summer. 1st part will close the game july 9 and 2nd part of the season start with game august 18 with the Challenge cup as a filler in the summer. I think SEI is left by the teams with players who are not expected to play in 1st part of the current season.
I doubt it. It is a NWSL designation and there is not an official season split. They should have them all all the 45 day injured reserve list if they might play this year. Players on that list don’t take up a roster spot until activated.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So what does the SEI stand for next to Christen's name?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:33
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:27
Guest wrote:
I doubt it. It is a NWSL designation and there is not an official season split. They should have them all all the 45 day injured reserve list if they might play this year. Players on that list don’t take up a roster spot until activated.
Players designated as SEI qualify for salary cap relief. That is why teams are leaving players on the list. But it seems like public communication could use a different term. It is going to get confusing as new injuries start accumulating.

Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:40
So what does the SEI stand for next to Christen's name?

It is “season ending injury.” But it is confusing because it is carried forward from last year and does not necessarily mean they think she will miss this whole season. KC has 2 players listed as SEI that they have said they plan to have return this year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another pre-season ACL

Emily Curran (Ogle) - isn’t this her third since joining the league

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 23:36
Another pre-season ACL

Emily Curran (Ogle) - isn’t this her third since joining the league

Yeah someone on NCC also tore their ACL. Not sure if it was already known or not. That makes... 6? 7?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why don’t they have a 3rd keeper on the roster?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

NWSL turning into a fucking daycare center. All because the Portland brat's parents threw a shitfit. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So when are Charlie, Sloane and Roux gonna get signed? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:35
NWSL turning into a fucking daycare center. All because the Portland brat's parents threw a shitfit. :eyeroll:
x2 I hate it. These kids skipping college and jumping into the most competitive league is not smart. Even those who played NCAA are rattled by the change in environment. Not to mention the impact it can have on the kids socially. You're hanging in a professional environment with adults. She gonna go out for drinks with them? Talk about the challenges of marriage and relationships and kids with them? They gotta stop cursing because she might hear it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I gotta question the parents letting their kids do this. After all the bs that has happened. Like maybe wait to see how shit pays out? The league couldn't even protect the adults and you think they'll protect the teens...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:52
I will say though if this were ever to happen and at least one of them gets into soccer/is good enough for the NT- its gonna be cute to see lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:53
Guest wrote:
x2 I hate it. These kids skipping college and jumping into the most competitive league is not smart. Even those who played NCAA are rattled by the change in environment. Not to mention the impact it can have on the kids socially. You're hanging in a professional environment with adults. She gonna go out for drinks with them? Talk about the challenges of marriage and relationships and kids with them? They gotta stop cursing because she might hear it?
DA this seems a bit of an overreaction. The mens league does it all the time, how come is not an issue with them?
Idk what’s up with this thread always having issues with young players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:52
Didn’t Syd say roux hate soccer lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA this seems a bit of an overreaction. The mens league does it all the time, how come is not an issue with them?
Da
Is she staying in school? If so I don’t see the big deal especially w/r/t “socialization”. Like she probably already has tons of friends her own age like most athlete teenage high school girls. She’s not even moving away from home.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Is she staying in school? If so I don’t see the big deal especially w/r/t “socialization”. Like she probably already has tons of friends her own age like most athlete teenage high school girls. She’s not even moving away from home.
I'm the one who "overreacted" I was specifically thinking about the Spirit girl, who I believe is going to be homeschooled? Or doing virtual school? I can't remember. And who cares if the men do it, that's not my concern. It seems like their trying to one up each other in signing the youngest players. The biggest issue is like I said, skipping college to come into such a competitive league. It's a big leap. Not everyone can have a rookie season like Rodman did. I feel like that's what they're all shooting for, but even younger.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Da Even if still enrolled how much can they actually attend school? They train and travel during the school day from February to November.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
I'm the one who "overreacted" I was specifically thinking about the Spirit girl, who I believe is going to be homeschooled? Or doing virtual school? I can't remember. And who cares if the men do it, that's not my concern. It seems like their trying to one up each other in signing the youngest players. The biggest issue is like I said, skipping college to come into such a competitive league. It's a big leap. Not everyone can have a rookie season like Rodman did. I feel like that's what they're all shooting for, but even younger.
If it doesn’t work out they can leave. I think you are just looking for shit to be mad about. I don’t think it’s about one upping either, lol. She wouldn’t be signed if they didn’t think she was good.

Also some people literally prefer virtual school and perform better at it. You are Probably that weirdo from twitter who is always going on about socialization. I already had my friend group from high school by the time I was 15.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wasn’t Sam kerr 15 or 16 when she moved here to play professionally? Is this only a new thing for American players?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Signing 15 or 16 year olds and marketing it like some wild ass competition is fucking gross.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
A lot of people don’t watch other sports or even other soccer leagues. As someone who is primarily a tennis fan, I barely even blink at signings like this. Teenagers have competed at the very top of the sport for 120+ years. Nothing new.

I can understand people having concerns about player safety but these clubs obviously have to have 100% confidence they can provide the right environment for the young players otherwise they could get sued to kingdom come. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
If it doesn’t work out they can leave. I think you are just looking for shit to be mad about. I don’t think it’s about one upping either, lol. She wouldn’t be signed if they didn’t think she was good.

Also some people literally prefer virtual school and perform better at it. You are Probably that weirdo from twitter who is always going on about socialization. I already had my friend group from high school by the time I was 15.
I don't have Twitter lol. And they are, in fact, one upping each other. Unfortunately for you I'm not the only one concerned about it. The response of "everyone else does it" like... okay? I know it happens in other countries and other sports, but does that mean I have to like it happening here, in this league? Not at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
DA I agree it’s a leap but this is already happening. Some kids in the youth NT system take virtual school for huge periods because it’s easier to attend tournaments and get called up. Emily Fox took her senior year virtually and graduated early just to go to the WC. Obviously, most of these players ultimately went to college, but it’s not like being a high-level usually isn’t already incredibly disruptive to school life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 19:57
Is pinoe on the pzifer payroll? Can't believe people are still punting that shitty jab.
The jab still prevented tons of deaths.

Alexi Lalas was saying on his podcast today he’s been taking oxy for his knee surgery and hasn’t had the “reaction people talk about”. Most athletes are morons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 19:57
Is pinoe on the pzifer payroll? Can't believe people are still punting that shitty jab.
Theres too many right wing nutjobs like you in here. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m in med school and use the virtual school option exclusively so I can live with my parents and save money for the first two years lol. I don’t lose anything listening to lectures at home vs in person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:52
Except for black youth :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:57
Guest wrote:
Lol stay mad. Alex is a good person. I know it hurts. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this actually a NWSL caliber player or is AC just going after LA natives these days?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:18
Is this actually a NWSL caliber player or is AC just going after LA natives these days?

Sigh, I was really hoping AC would do better after letting Eni go. I think the incompetence runs much deeper. They won't keep butts in the seats if they have another disappointing season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2 honestly the more it goes, the more I am impressed with how she is using her platform. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:26
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2 honestly the more it goes, the more I am impressed with how she is using her platform. Da
She was the first female athlete to join common goal and she wasn’t even making that much money back then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol She isn't the first athlete to start a foundation. Chill out. Also not all of them are good either. Look how JJ and her husband handle things in a not so great way... :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:38
lol She isn't the first athlete to start a foundation. Chill out. Also not all of them are good either. Look how JJ and her husband handle things in a not so great way... :mask:
No one said she was the first ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:38
You are the one who needs to chill out. No one said she was the first athlete to start a foundation, we are just saying she is using a platform in a good way. Somehow it bothers you. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alex is quiet about a lot of her charity. She has paid for repurposing of fields around LA but her name isn’t attached to any of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:47
Alex is quiet about a lot of her charity. She has paid for repurposing of fields around LA but her name isn’t attached to any of them.
lol Why you lying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:50
Guest wrote:
lol Why you lying.
I think anon talks about that charity tied to us soccer. KO did the same in Atlanta as well and Allie Long in NJ. It was about repair soccer fields for kids in their home state, if I remember correct.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

props to them for helping her out of a bad situation but yea she’s not good

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:46
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:50
Guest wrote:
lol Why you lying.
I think anon talks about that charity tied to us soccer. KO did the same in Atlanta as well and Allie Long in NJ. It was about repair soccer fields for kids in their home state, if I remember correct.
Nah Alex had done that for awhile on her own . She’s paid for a bunch of fields around LA and the inland empire

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Definitely not NWSL caliber.