Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 00:03
Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 23:13
Watched the chelsea arsenal game today. cait is technical so good she dribbles world class and uses her body so smart but then her decison making or finished are just shit 80%. Like if she would pass just a second earlier or something. She improved a lot in the last years but i noticed she is a lot on the ground in games like Hayley too because they just run into traffic and don’t find the right moment to pass. Hayley in general is not good with crosses she’s a hard Worker and good at winning balls and very fast. This is one of the main reasons why she isnt starting at Man City
100% agree. Foord was probably arsenal’s best player today and considering how much experience she has, she should be able to score more in big games. I often comment about Raso and how although she is a fighter and hard worker, her first touch and decision making is still very poor. It hasn’t improved. Many Australian’s just can’t see that though because she plays with that Aussie fighting spirit that we all love. It’s like both of those players have reached their peak and won’t go any further than what they have. They are both supposed to be scoring players but are so inconsistent with it.
Thought im the only one who sees that. And it’s exactly the same people who criticise Sam for example when she has a “quite” game when in reality her movement and decison making brings calmness into the team. Hayley gets player of the match for running 90 minutes on tge wing and throwing herself in tackles but not able to put a decent cross in the box which is her job. And it’s really not improving and worries me for tge World Cup. I rate foord way more and loved the two up front witg Sam and cait and then vine on the wing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it over between Cait and Lia ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 13:52
It's difficult to say because Lia has been acting strange on social media in regards to Caitlin for months now, but since she started that it's still been obvious to people attending the games that they're still together - arriving and leaving together, talking to family and friends in the stands together after games.

They may just not want eyes on them post-Euros and heading into the WC. They've mostly avoided crazy fanatics being interested in them just because of their relationship.

Reactions:

Post by 64673 »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 14:23
Guest wrote:
It's difficult to say because Lia has been acting strange on social media in regards to Caitlin for months now, but since she started that it's still been obvious to people attending the games that they're still together - arriving and leaving together, talking to family and friends in the stands together after games.

They may just not want eyes on them post-Euros and heading into the WC. They've mostly avoided crazy fanatics being interested in them just because of their relationship.
its sad that lia is ashamed of cait or being openly wlw
it would be different if they were never open at all but to force your partner back into hiding (if thats whats going on and not a breakup) is kinda shitty and gives me bad / controlling vibes from lia
cait deserves someone proud to date her and show her off just like everyone else

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

64673 wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 14:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

it would be different if they were never open at all but to force your partner back into hiding (if thats whats going on and not a breakup) is kinda shitty and gives me bad / controlling vibes from lia
cait deserves someone proud to date her and show her off just like everyone else
Lia is planning her arsenal and Cait exit this summer. Watch this space. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 15:54
64673 wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 14:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lia is planning her arsenal and Cait exit this summer. Watch this space. Da
Da I’d put money on her leaving for Juventus (apparently Joe wants her there) or PSG, especially if Arsenal doesn’t get UWCL next season.

Reactions:

Post by 2736 »

I actually think that cait and lia have broken up before Christmas or I think lia would of come to aus especially how nice it is where cait lives

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2736 wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 22:49
I actually think that cait and lia have broken up before Christmas or I think lia would of come to aus especially how nice it is where cait lives
Spending Christmas apart isn't evidence of anything. Lia lives in another country away from her family aswell, it's not all about Caitlin's needs and wants. That being said I do think they've broken up or are heading that way. Lia appears to be removing every trace of Cait from her social media, I know sm is only a glimpse into their lives but Lia's gone a little overboard. I notice none of the other Matilda's (apart from teammate Steph) interact with her anymore. Who knows though, it might only become obvious when the season ends and Lia either stays or goes.

Reactions:

Post by 2636 »

Unless Caitlin has broke her heart I don’t understand why lias literally deleted every single thing that had Caitlin in it , shit could get pretty awkward they still have to play on the same team

Reactions:

Post by 2636 »

Unless Caitlin has broke her heart I don’t understand why lias literally deleted every single thing that had Caitlin in it , shit could get pretty awkward they still have to play on the same team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2636 wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 01:20
yeh they looked real fkin awkward in this interaction on...sunday past :eyeroll:

stop being a bunch of drama queens all of you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 01:31
2636 wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 01:20
yeh they looked real fkin awkward in this interaction on...sunday past :eyeroll:

stop being a bunch of drama queens all of you
Da haven’t you heard of amicable breakups? It’s a thing I think :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by 2636 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lia did an interview recently where she said she dated men and women and wasn’t ashamed so I don’t know if it’s her going into the closet or if she doesn’t want attention. Or if they did break up and are keeping it friendly for the club.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 23:49
2736 wrote:
Spending Christmas apart isn't evidence of anything. Lia lives in another country away from her family aswell, it's not all about Caitlin's needs and wants. That being said I do think they've broken up or are heading that way. Lia appears to be removing every trace of Cait from her social media, I know sm is only a glimpse into their lives but Lia's gone a little overboard. I notice none of the other Matilda's (apart from teammate Steph) interact with her anymore. Who knows though, it might only become obvious when the season ends and Lia either stays or goes.
DA. Jamie (Cait's sister) who used to like almost everything Lia posted before she started her weird deleting sprees also doesn't like Lia's posts lately either. And it looks like Lia has also completely stopped liking anything Jamie posts too for nearly 2 months.
Definitely a lot of sus things when you look at it all together. I think people won't accept a split easily because that popular tumblr account that stans them/Lia keeps putting out excuses for the weirdness which people believe and go around repeating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Retired player Rhali Dobson and the official dubzone IG catching heat from Mini and other players for making and posting that comment on the ALW podcast. What do you guys think?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 12:38
Retired player Rhali Dobson and the official dubzone IG catching heat from Mini and other players for making and posting that comment on the ALW podcast. What do you guys think?
I hate the commentary around this that I've seen from, surprise surprise, mostly men who don't watch/never have watched the women's league. 'Hard to defend a 0-6 scoreline' 'maybe don't go down by 6' 'snowflakes can't handle criticism'. We're talking about a team mostly full of part-timers that's gone through a lot of changes (the Jets) getting beating by the top team in the league. It happens.
Dobson's comment wasn't criticism, it was a flat out snarky comment directed at an ex-club she didn't have a great time at. All these men who never watched the ALW in their life wouldn't know about that though, most of them seem to think the players who have come out and criticised the comment play for the Jets which isn't even true either.
It was unnecessary to make that comment (what did it add? how does it help the Jets?), but even more unnecessary for an official channel to promote a mean-spirited comment like that.
No one expects positivity all the time because that would be ridiculous, but no one expects the main channel for promoting the league to highlight a disrespectful comment like that either - tell me if you could see any of the social media accounts of other top women's leagues around the world doing that because I personally couldn't. I suppose it's hardly the first time the rebranded W-League has missed the mark though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 12:38
This is not surprising from Dobson or the Dubzone crew.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 12:25
Guest wrote:
2736 wrote:
DA. Jamie (Cait's sister) who used to like almost everything Lia posted before she started her weird deleting sprees also doesn't like Lia's posts lately either. And it looks like Lia has also completely stopped liking anything Jamie posts too for nearly 2 months.
Definitely a lot of sus things when you look at it all together. I think people won't accept a split easily because that popular tumblr account that stans them/Lia keeps putting out excuses for the weirdness which people believe and go around repeating.
DA. They still like each other's posts, Caitlin and her mum like almost all of the Swiss team's posts about Lia, Caitlin likes the posts of some of Lia's Swiss teammates only when they're about the Swiss team, they arrive to games together and leave together, Lia doesn't follow the Matildas anymore but was liking their posts about Caitlin during international break last week, Caitlin's Aussie pals still like Lia's posts and vice versa... they're still together.

A lot of couples seem to be trying to be more private recently due to increased attention, and I think it's that. I have a suspicion that in a few years, the only couples who will be open on social media will be the ones trying to market their relationships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 15:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
2736 wrote:
DA. They still like each other's posts, Caitlin and her mum like almost all of the Swiss team's posts about Lia, Caitlin likes the posts of some of Lia's Swiss teammates only when they're about the Swiss team, they arrive to games together and leave together, Lia doesn't follow the Matildas anymore but was liking their posts about Caitlin during international break last week, Caitlin's Aussie pals still like Lia's posts and vice versa... they're still together.

A lot of couples seem to be trying to be more private recently due to increased attention, and I think it's that. I have a suspicion that in a few years, the only couples who will be open on social media will be the ones trying to market their relationships.
Yesss so many unhinged ppl out there and increase in online abuse. No wonder they don't want to share much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by 1717 »

Macca definitely upgraded

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1717 wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 23:18
Punching. Happy for Mac.

Reactions:

Post by 2827 »

What are the chances you rekon of Chloe getting a spot in the World Cup squad?
She also hasn’t seen her partner in months i don’t know how they are still together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 15:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
2736 wrote:

Caitlin's Aussie pals still like Lia's posts and vice versa... they're still together.
I think you need to go outside more if you think liking posts mean they’re still together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1717 wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 23:18
For sure. kirsty’s lovely

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kmew just started following Lia on instagram a few weeks ago and she would know if they broke up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 01:35
Kmew just started following Lia on instagram a few weeks ago and she would know if they broke up
Is it against the lchat rules to follow her if they have broken up? Should all friends and family block her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AK is still injured/not available for MC this weekend. Do we know what's wrong with her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor gal can’t catch a break. Must be devastating especially coming back from another long injury just recently

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 03:07
Poor gal can’t catch a break. Must be devastating especially coming back from another long injury just recently

So devastated for her. I don’t think she was making the WC, but this has to be a blow to her career in general.

Pinky
Reactions:

Post by Pinky »

Bloody crack up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Inject it!!!! 🔴⚪
So happy for them!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Foord and Walti definitely over. stayed far away from each other during all the celebrations

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:48
Foord and Walti definitely over. stayed far away from each other during all the celebrations
I don't know about that. They showed them walking and hugging each other on the FA Player shortly after the end of the game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

it may have gone under the radar but remy scored on her wsl debut against manchester united

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, any chance that Tegan and Charlie are… :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 22:52
curious to see this!

i wonder what the tone will be tbh. will it be super family friendly and fluffy to appeal to the widest audience or will it be a bit more gritty and real like the similar aflw doco series also on disney+ :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by 1827 »

I wonder what is actually going on with kyra and Courtney seems as though ones blocked the other again it makes now sense
What do u guys think is happening

Yuumscious
Reactions:

Post by Yuumscious »

1827 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 05:38
I wonder what is actually going on with kyra and Courtney seems as though ones blocked the other again it makes now sense
I think KcX is :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1827 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 05:38
I've lost count of the number of times those two have unfollowed/blocked then refollowed only to unfollow/block again. It must be getting close to 10 times in the past year or so now.
I don't think anyone except those two know what is really going on each time it happens.
I thought Courtney moving to Leicester would maybe calm things down more and they'd have space to just get on with their own individual lives but...well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

saw on twitter someone saw steph on crutches at the arsenal game which is why she isn't available. i'll kms so fast if she's seriously hurt istg 😭😫

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 19:37
saw on twitter someone saw steph on crutches at the arsenal game which is why she isn't available. i'll kms so fast if she's seriously hurt istg 😭😫

Reactions:

Post by 1615 »

Shit shit shit she is the last person we want injuried FUCK

Reactions:

Post by 1615 »

I wish Emma and Jonas wouldn’t play the Aussie so fucken much even Emma is not managing sams minutes well at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 22:39
Guest wrote:
A stress fracture perhaps? Still waiting for the day that Kerr gets some kind of over use injury. She’s had such a great run these past couple of years. She’s really been a freak of nature fitness wise. Fingers crossed that lasts for the next 6 or so months. Foord is also at high risk of burn out. She’s had a pretty good run injury wise too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1615 wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 03:06
I wish Emma and Jonas wouldn’t play the Aussie so fucken much even Emma is not managing sams minutes well at all
Who’s the worst coach in managing minutes? Jonas is famous for that , Not surprised catley is injured. That team is falling apart

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 03:24
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 22:39
Guest wrote:
A stress fracture perhaps? Still waiting for the day that Kerr gets some kind of over use injury. She’s had such a great run these past couple of years. She’s really been a freak of nature fitness wise. Fingers crossed that lasts for the next 6 or so months. Foord is also at high risk of burn out. She’s had a pretty good run injury wise too.
I’m pretty sure that kerr has some cheatcode genes regarding recovery. She can run like a maniac for 120 minutes and then do it again after 3 days. Remember the Olympics or her now being the only forward avaible every game at chelsea since she’s been there. Think she only didn’t play 2 games and still dressed for those but got rested. She’s playing with a stomach bug or cough for club and country and tony made it clear that she always wants to play but at some point she needs to rest a bit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As an American Tillies fan I wish they'd put the doc on our Disney+ but frankly I doubt it. I'll probably have to find a dodgy weblink to watch it and hope I don't get a virus.