Post by Guest »

2636 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 06:41
Crummer in starting line up and grant on bench does tony have a fucken brain
watch us bottle this game

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by 1716 »

Allana Kennedys ex gf is the other teams goal keeper wonder if there on good terms

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

if we could stop giving up possession so fkin easily that'd be great thanks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Foord and Crummer have annoyed me multiple times already. I miss Ribbons :(

Reactions:

Post by 6266 »

GET CRUMMER OFF!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this crummer shit needs to end. it makes no sense unless she's paying off tony. she's just fucking jogging around looking lost :argh:

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Why would we not start Gielnik? Not that she's amazing but she's way better than Crummer and I thought she was our regular RW replacement. This Crummer experiment needs to end, there are dozens of forwards better than her in the A-League.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Happy to give some service to the idea that this is tournament preparation mode and we have to test out alternative lineups, but if Crummer is still there in the second half I will weep. She’s worse than usual and looks like she can’t be bothered.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 08:55
Happy to give some service to the idea that this is tournament preparation mode and we have to test out alternative lineups, but if Crummer is still there in the second half I will weep. She’s worse than usual and looks like she can’t be bothered.
she actually looks lost and can't do anything. lacks football iq even can't cross

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nevin also isn't having a great game but I'm not sure if that's completely on her or the fact she's been given Crummer to work with down that right side...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:07
Nevin also isn't having a great game but I'm not sure if that's completely on her or the fact she's been given Crummer to work with down that right side...
We’ll never know, thank god

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chidiac!!

Twiggy
Reactions:

Post by Twiggy »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:15
Guest wrote:
Honestly, we should be able to defeat Jaimaca. Also, to have any REAL hope at the WC, we need to be able to rotate some of the squad. The reason serious injuries occur to some of the best players is the ridiculous work load (combo of club and country demands.) Tony has to rotate at some point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Twiggy wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Honestly, we should be able to defeat Jaimaca. Also, to have any REAL hope at the WC, we need to be able to rotate some of the squad. The reason serious injuries occur to some of the best players is the ridiculous work load (combo of club and country demands.) Tony has to rotate at some point.
agree but it's his choice of players he is using which makes no sense. chidiac should be getting much more time as should fowler (not sure what she's done to fall out of favour but any universe where crummer is chosen over her is a weird one)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:54
Twiggy wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
agree but it's his choice of players he is using which makes no sense. chidiac should be getting much more time as should fowler (not sure what she's done to fall out of favour but any universe where crummer is chosen over her is a weird one)
Da. This. It's the fact that it's Crummer of all players, not the experimenting or looking for a back up. If he still favours Crummer over Chidiac after the recent run of friendlies then I honestly don't know what's going on in TG's head.

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

I'm just happy Mackenzie Arnold has played well for three games in a row. Curious to hear what has changed for her.
Edit: Damn player of the tournament?? Well deserved but I would not have believed that if you told me that a week ago

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 10:16
I'm just happy Mackenzie Arnold has played well for three games in a row. Curious to hear what has changed for her.
Edit: Damn player of the tournament?? Well deserved but I would not have believed that if you told me that a week ago
She mentioned after her great game against Arsenal that West Ham got a new GK coach and he really helped her especially with her mentality. There have definitely been positive improvements! If you had told me she would have been a standout player for us during the CoN for good reasons I wouldn't have believed you.

Reactions:

Post by 8117 »

Who’s in your World Cup squad k go

Bsgwys
Reactions:

Post by Bsgwys »

8117 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 10:48
Arnold
Micah

Carpenter
Grant
Hunt
Kennedy
Polks
Catley
Nevin
Gorry
Cooney X
Chidiac
Fowler
Butt
Raso
Vine
Foord
Kerr

I don't care who else makes up the squad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
She seems really happy on and off the field. She should have moved to Europe years before she eventually did. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 11:33
yeetus wrote:
She seems really happy on and off the field. She should have moved to Europe years before she eventually did. Da
DA. I feel confident in saying dating Carson held her back professionally. Before that and up until and including the WL 17/18 season she was very good, touted as the next #1 after Lydia without question and only getting better. That year in the WL off season when she was just training with Orlando and then the Chicago Red Stars (2019 iirc) she really should have been properly playing somewhere, probably Norway or Sweden, but she obviously chose to remain closer to Carson geographically instead of that. That's when I personally noticed her start to stagnate or even regress.

Whatever it is that's clicked and is going right for her now, I'm glad to see it. She gets a lot of stick, and it's sometimes it's been deserved don't get me wrong, but if she can take this Tournament and recent form with WHU as a confidence booster and continue to build on it I'm more than happy enough to have her as at least our #2 in the WC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bsgwys wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 10:56
8117 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 10:48
Arnold
Micah

Carpenter
Grant
Hunt
Kennedy
Polks
Catley
Nevin
Gorry
Cooney X
Chidiac
Fowler
Butt
Raso
Vine
Foord
Kerr

I don't care who else makes up the squad.
What, no Crummer? jkjk :P

I would maybe add Wheeler to your list too even though Tony doesn't seem to rate her as much recently. But I agree with you, that's a pretty solid group and any other players that make it aside from those listed would likely be fringe players looking at little to no minutes anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 12:27
Guest wrote:
yeetus wrote:
DA. I feel confident in saying dating Carson held her back professionally. Before that and up until and including the WL 17/18 season she was very good, touted as the next #1 after Lydia without question and only getting better. That year in the WL off season when she was just training with Orlando and then the Chicago Red Stars (2019 iirc) she really should have been properly playing somewhere, probably Norway or Sweden, but she obviously chose to remain closer to Carson geographically instead of that. That's when I personally noticed her start to stagnate or even regress.

Whatever it is that's clicked and is going right for her now, I'm glad to see it. She gets a lot of stick, and it's sometimes it's been deserved don't get me wrong, but if she can take this Tournament and recent form with WHU as a confidence booster and continue to build on it I'm more than happy enough to have her as at least our #2 in the WC.
A few players improved so much since being in Europe and them being happy off the field too. Cait for example. And with Sam im betting if she wasn’t with Stanton years ago she would have made the move years before that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 13:34
Definitely living her best life right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It's her bday on saturday so i hope we get a nice post from Kirsty now that they've hard launched. plenty to celebrate!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 13:23
Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 12:27
Guest wrote:
yeetus wrote:

A few players improved so much since being in Europe and them being happy off the field too. Cait for example. And with Sam im betting if she wasn’t with Stanton years ago she would have made the move years before that.
I doubt that. Sam was the star attraction in Chicago and done very well for them. Mac never got minutes in the NWSL that's why she should have went elsewhere. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 13:49
Guest wrote:
It's her bday on saturday so i hope we get a nice post from Kirsty now that they've hard launched. plenty to celebrate!
As someone who's been around a few years, it's pretty amazing that Kirsty is so open with Macca. She was a closet case for a long time. They seem cute together and happy! Macca's birthday coming up reminded me when everything went down with Carson last year. Went from a Valentine's post to nothing just a week later, then within a couple months Carson gets with Erceg and a couple months after that they're already buying a house together. Must not have ended well seeing as how many of Macca's friends unfollowed her after it all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 08:33
this crummer shit needs to end. it makes no sense unless she's paying off tony. she's just fucking jogging around looking lost :argh:
Finally got a chance to watch the replay…why is Crummer in the squad. I feel bad she’s had such a horrific injury run but she is clearly not at international level anymore.

I was pleasantly surprised by Hunt. I’ll take any decent center back depth going into the World Cup, especially since AK is on an injury streak right now.

Reactions:

Post by 3637 »

So Canada just lost again this is good for Aussies

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Serious question…does crummer have something on tony or the FA? 😂 she was terrible and I would argue was the reason we couldn’t seem to kick into gear. Slow, no pressure, turned the ball over every time, like worlds apart from grant and raso, just not close to international level.
Also i actually worked out the Matilda’s possible World Cup trajectories depending where we finish.

I think we will top the group so will most likely play Denmark or whoever finishes second in rnd of 16. If we make the qtrs it looks like a possible France at stadium Australia, then possibly and England or Canada in the semis (if Canada knock England out in rnd of 16). If we finish second it’ll be England in rnd of 16 then Germany in qtrs. Tbh it’s going to be tough either way besides probably the Denmark match if it pans out this way.
Obviously things can change and I would love to see other Asian nations do well including New Zealand the most. Does seem to look like potentially a very euro based run for the Matilda’s which I think we can do if we are on.

Reactions:

Post by 7655 »

How sad all the other tournaments got medal the the aussies got a pissy little cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The confusing thing is that crummer wasn’t any better before her injury, so there can be no pointing to past form as a promise of her potential. Very strange.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

why's she's giving tony soooo much credit for macca's good performances? that spain game last year was a disaster when he threw in a bunch of rusty and less experienced players to an already depleted squad. that's not something to be applauded ^o)
she's giving tony far too much credit for recent good form of macca and the other players mentioned. a single drubbing didn't magically make those players better, their own ambition, hardwork and moving overseas did. it's consistently playing a clubs above alw level that is improving these players, not tony's trials by fire. these players would have been moving even if he wasn't coach because everyone knows it's the only way for aussie players to try and keep up with other nations nowadays :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 17:15
why's she's giving tony soooo much credit for macca's good performances? that spain game last year was a disaster when he threw in a bunch of rusty and less experienced players to an already depleted squad. that's not something to be applauded ^o)
she's giving tony far too much credit for recent good form of macca and the other players mentioned. a single drubbing didn't magically make those players better, their own ambition, hardwork and moving overseas did. it's consistently playing a clubs above alw level that is improving these players, not tony's trials by fire. these players would have been moving even if he wasn't coach because everyone knows it's the only way for aussie players to try and keep up with other nations nowadays :eyeroll:

Speaking of players heading overseas… have there been any rumours about where Vine is going to end up? I can’t see her not having any offers…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 11:47
their height difference is cute :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's not to say that the women's game is all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to inclusion, though. Homophobia and transphobia still exist, sometimes even coming from within the football community itself.

She remembers the discourse that emerged during the Lisa De Vanna abuse allegations, calling the whole thing "a shit show".

"It made people in the queer space look like predators," she says, shaking her head.

"It was so detrimental to everybody in the Matildas and outside it. I was heartbroken."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 00:32

That's not to say that the women's game is all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to inclusion, though. Homophobia and transphobia still exist, sometimes even coming from within the football community itself.

She remembers the discourse that emerged during the Lisa De Vanna abuse allegations, calling the whole thing "a shit show".

"It made people in the queer space look like predators," she says, shaking her head.

"It was so detrimental to everybody in the Matildas and outside it. I was heartbroken."
Good on logarzo for speaking up. I wonder how her friendship with LDV is these days…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 06:16
Guest wrote:

Good on logarzo for speaking up. I wonder how her friendship with LDV is these days…
Well going from what was posted earlier I'm this thread, they don't really have a relationship now. Really goes to show how damaging the initial reporting around LDV was i.e I'm sure all of them saw the unfounded rumors about the more prominent, current Matildas, and all the other garbage like leaked pics etc. It's a shame because LDV wasn't wrong to speak out about her abuse but she allowed her story to be co-opted by the worst individuals.

Reactions:

Post by 9373 »

:yawn: Did any thing ever come of the complaints that dip shit Lisa made or are they still investigating

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 06:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well going from what was posted earlier I'm this thread, they don't really have a relationship now. Really goes to show how damaging the initial reporting around LDV was i.e I'm sure all of them saw the unfounded rumors about the more prominent, current Matildas, and all the other garbage like leaked pics etc. It's a shame because LDV wasn't wrong to speak out about her abuse but she allowed her story to be co-opted by the worst individuals.
Da. She also posted this b1tchy tweet after the CoN squad was announced which shows they mustn't be too close if she didn't know about Chloe's foot problems keeping her out of camp (that even the journo that replied to her knew about), and instead made assumptions so she could be snarky and push an agenda as usual. I get the vibe that LDV doesn't realize how badly she appears to have burned her bridges with Chloe and few of the other girls after what happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s the first player to speak openly about the LDV thing isn’t she? I wish a few if the others would also say something. Or perhaps they are just not giving it more fuel and want to leave it behind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watched the chelsea arsenal game today. cait is technical so good she dribbles world class and uses her body so smart but then her decison making or finished are just shit 80%. Like if she would pass just a second earlier or something. She improved a lot in the last years but i noticed she is a lot on the ground in games like Hayley too because they just run into traffic and don’t find the right moment to pass. Hayley in general is not good with crosses she’s a hard Worker and good at winning balls and very fast. This is one of the main reasons why she isnt starting at Man City

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 15:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s the first player to speak openly about the LDV thing isn’t she? I wish a few if the others would also say something. Or perhaps they are just not giving it more fuel and want to leave it behind.
Those accusations simply have nothing to do with them. Sam got abused online like she was the groomer because people only read the headlines and the article was so out of context. Also alone her twitter account says a lot. She busy liking more stuff about alexia putellas and the Philippine national team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 23:13
Watched the chelsea arsenal game today. cait is technical so good she dribbles world class and uses her body so smart but then her decison making or finished are just shit 80%. Like if she would pass just a second earlier or something. She improved a lot in the last years but i noticed she is a lot on the ground in games like Hayley too because they just run into traffic and don’t find the right moment to pass. Hayley in general is not good with crosses she’s a hard Worker and good at winning balls and very fast. This is one of the main reasons why she isnt starting at Man City
100% agree. Foord was probably arsenal’s best player today and considering how much experience she has, she should be able to score more in big games. I often comment about Raso and how although she is a fighter and hard worker, her first touch and decision making is still very poor. It hasn’t improved. Many Australian’s just can’t see that though because she plays with that Aussie fighting spirit that we all love. It’s like both of those players have reached their peak and won’t go any further than what they have. They are both supposed to be scoring players but are so inconsistent with it.

Reactions:

Post by 6251 »

Does anyone else think sam will just randomly retire

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

6251 wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 08:33
Does anyone else think sam will just randomly retire
Nope.