Swedish Soccer Ladies

Reactions:

Re: Swedish Soccer Ladies

Post by Guest »

As an American fan of Sweden, today’s match was heartbreaking! I was shocked at how much breakdown there was defensively, between Lindahl, Ilestedt, Glas, & Bjorn.

I watched the whole Euros tournament and was shocked when Bjorn, who made several defensive mistakes early in the tournament as a defender, was moved up to midfield, where she continued to struggle and make many more mistakes. Why wouldn’t Gerhardsson replace her instead of moving her around where she ended up a liability for the team?

I also wondered why Gerhardsson didn’t rest some the players who played in the Belgium match and seemed to be exhausted. Sweden already looked like they were losing momentum during that game although they’d played well before the quarterfinals. I think there were some coaching choices that could have been better in this tournament.

Such a sad ending to the tournament for Sweden! I hope for a strong comeback next year in the World Cup!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anonnn980 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 16:00
What about Zecira?
Straight with a Fiancee.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 02:27
As an American fan of Sweden, today’s match was heartbreaking! I was shocked at how much breakdown there was defensively, between Lindahl, Ilestedt, Glas, & Bjorn.

I watched the whole Euros tournament and was shocked when Bjorn, who made several defensive mistakes early in the tournament as a defender, was moved up to midfield, where she continued to struggle and make many more mistakes. Why wouldn’t Gerhardsson replace her instead of moving her around where she ended up a liability for the team?

I also wondered why Gerhardsson didn’t rest some the players who played in the Belgium match and seemed to be exhausted. Sweden already looked like they were losing momentum during that game although they’d played well before the quarterfinals. I think there were some coaching choices that could have been better in this tournament.

Such a sad ending to the tournament for Sweden! I hope for a strong comeback next year in the World Cup!
It was definitely a sad ending and a real rude awakening, especially after how strong they looked at the Olympics. Yes, they were unfortunate to be hit by COVID and injuries but I don’t think that’s the root of the problem. I personally got nervous after the tie with Ireland in the WC qualifiers. Ireland aren’t a terrible team by any means but they’re not a team we should be tying with.

1. Goalkeeping was a big issue. Lindahl had a spectacularly awful game. Something that was apparent not just for Sweden but for several teams is how dangerous the over-reliance on only one keeper can be. Norway’s 3 keepers coming into the tournament had about 2 caps between them. Netherlands got lucky that their young keeper did much better than Van Veenendaal would have, but again after their #1 got hurt their keepers had less than 5 caps among them. IMO Lindahl probably should have retired internationally after the Olympics and Falk would have had an extra year to be the #1 and get game time, but assuming she’ll be #1 in the WC there’s just not a lot of time.

2. Defense and midfield were pretty god-awful. That Lucy Bronze goal should not have happened. She was totally unmarked. Magda frankly did not have a good tournament, Björn struggled no matter where she was stuck on the pitch, and players like Bennison and Nilden need to start starting. Poor decisions on Peter’s part.

3. I don’t know if they need shooting practice or to work with a sports psychologist to talk about mental blocks or what, but most of our attack could not finish to save their life. Stina has started rivaling Ellen White with how often she’s offside. Asslani was a real bright spot and that’s about it.

4. I can think of 3 or 4 players who need to retire or who Peter needs to move on from and work in the new younger players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone translate what Magda says about Pernille being in the stadium in the end?

Thank you! :angel:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... kritiseras

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 15:10
Can anyone translate what Magda says about Pernille being in the stadium in the end?

Thank you! :angel:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... kritiseras
Not for sure, but something like this: "What means to you that Pernille was here in the stadium?" After crying "Not just her, but my whole family was here my mum, and yes, she (Pernille) is also here. It's means very much for me..."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thank you :)

Here's another nice interview with Pernille before yesterday's match:

https://tv.aftonbladet.se/video/345306/ ... aa-sverige

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

are almost all the Swedish Soccer Ladies disappeared? :'(
I miss them :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How are all these footballers seen in Sweden who show themselves freely and happily paired with other women? is there lesbophobia there too?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 13:57
Anonnn980 wrote:
What about Zecira?
Straight with a Fiancee.
What about JRK? I can't find anything on her socials.

Kaya
Reactions: 14

Post by Kaya »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 15:31
Guest wrote:
Anonnn980 wrote:
What about Zecira?
Straight with a Fiancee.
JRK is straight. Apparently her boyfriend is a footballer. She is hot though. That 🍑
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kaya wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 15:41
Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 15:31
Guest wrote:
Anonnn980 wrote:
What about Zecira?
Straight with a Fiancee.
JRK is straight. Apparently her boyfriend is a footballer. She is hot though. That 🍑
Oh well. She was my favorite player at the Euros. Since she is apparently not fam, Björn is my favorite now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For the scandi (or other) fans of handball who sometimes write here: there is a new international forum: handball123.actieforum.com which has replaced the old one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When did this become such a ghost thread? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know, maybe swedish soccer ladies are becoming a bit too reserved :'(
I mean, except some little crumbs from Eriksson, Bjorn, Sembrant, Kullberg, Bennison and someone else :hudoin: :wub: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

vbn
Reactions: 1

Post by vbn »

What was the general consensus on Hanna Bennison‘s first season at Everton?
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 01:02
I don't know, maybe swedish soccer ladies are becoming a bit too reserved :'(
I mean, except some little crumbs from Eriksson, Bjorn, Sembrant, Kullberg, Bennison and someone else :hudoin: :wub: :heart:
So you think its because of lack of info from the players? Interesting, I was thinking the fans had perhaps migrated to another channel?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wow so many Swedes in Brighton :wub: :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

have you seen Bjorn with her new platinum hair? :wub: She is so cute but I don't know if I like it or not :lol:
Who knows what Galli think about it, too :lol: :$ :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How cute were Boattin and Sembrant last night at the Italian Awards? :wub:
I hope to see something like that with Bjorn and Galli too :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so sad for Nilden

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

let's go to the win, Sembrant with Juventus and Bjorn with Everton (and their Italian girlfriends) :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Will Kullberg and Zigiotti get married this year?

I believe Brakes and Angeldahl too

anon_swe_it
Reactions:

Post by anon_swe_it »

Well, this is not a post directly related to Swedish Soccer Ladies... but, I just love this Swedish Italian couple of Bjorn and Galli and wanted to hightlight them.... What a game by Sweden against Germany the other day. Looking forward to what's to come in the Summer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes Bjorn and Galli are really cute :wub:

scimps

Post by scimps »

So no mention in here about UIKs gk'r coach Mikaela dating NZs goalkeeper (and former UIK gk'r) Nayler? Pretty open about it on their IG's.
Personally I was shocked at first since Nayler was at least engaged going to UIK. :blinkwide:

scimps

Post by scimps »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

scimps wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 21:07
Great interview!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone else getting a bit worried about the national team? At least you used to be certain of a good defense but now they are shipping goals like mad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I agree, and I think Sweden need Asllani and Seger or good substitutes to be competitive against the best other national teams :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

scimps wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 21:07
Definitely sounds like her and P are leaving Chelsea at the end of the season :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 22:38
I agree, and I think Sweden need Asllani and Seger or good substitutes to be competitive against the best other national teams :unsure:
Don't help that Peter seems determined to have them back instead of looking for solutions, both are injured more often than not and Seger is way too old now to play for the national team. Just been poor integration of new talent for years that they tried to solve now but it feels like it's too little too late to be ready for the World Cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Nathalie Bjorn injured? :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Janogy and Winberg, a couple?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:10
Janogy and Winberg, a couple?
I think just good friends, Janogy has a bf (or had, idk if they’re still together). Vinberg def pings as gay/bi to me though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you know if Sembrant will stay at Juventus next year as well?

thanks