Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:18
Seen this comment on tumblr and screamed a bit tbh

i feel bad for Caitlin. all her aussie mates posting cute valentine's Day posts with their girlfriends meanwhile she got a concussion from how hard Lia shoved her back in the closet

😭😭
:rofl: I do wonder if they’ve broken up though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:27
Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:18
Seen this comment on tumblr and screamed a bit tbh

i feel bad for Caitlin. all her aussie mates posting cute valentine's Day posts with their girlfriends meanwhile she got a concussion from how hard Lia shoved her back in the closet

😭😭
:rofl: I do wonder if they’ve broken up though
da. people who seem in the know and go to games say they still appear to be together but lia especially did a lot of things social media wise that would make it seem like trouble in paradise

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 19:48
Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 18:48
Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 15:29
Posted by Smith on IG 14.02.23

Smith has never been open about her past relationships with women so this is a big step! They're a cute couple and IA with the other poster it's an upgrade, and not just necessarily looks wise. I'm so soured on Carson based on her buying a house with Erceg only months after dumping Macca. That's beyond shady and a huge red flag.

And clearly Macca's closest mates weren't impressed either since some of them unfollowed Carson at that time, and Alanna - who was super friendly with Carson outside of the fact she's Macca's BFF from their time at the Pride - went from interacting with Carson's socials regularly to absolutely nothing when Carson made it public with Erceg.
Da. Think she done macca a favour in the long run.
da - macca shoulda known it would happen. she and carson confirmed their anniversary was in late january and carson's then-bf had been visiting her in aus over xmas and nye so... moving on quick and probable emotional cheating seems to be a pattern with carson and hopefully mac learned the important lesson that you how you get them is how you'll lose them. i don't know much about kirsty but she's cute and macca seems happy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:14
Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:09
Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 22:06
An "influencer". Next.
Give over. You could have the same attitude for every player that ends up dating a teammate even though we know that works out sooooo well every time. Mind your own.
X100! Bitter Bertha. ^o)
I’m happy for her. She looks so happy & her girl is super pretty!

Is AK dating anyone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Macca steps into goals which should be interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not impressed with what I've seen so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 08:44
Not impressed with what I've seen so far.
It's a bit of a hodge podge starting 11 tbf. A lot of the players in this line up also haven't been getting many club minutes recently for numerous reasons (out of season for Scandi-based players or lack of selection for others). That's something that was highlighted by TG and quoted in the above articles. He hinted those players would be given minutes here due to lack of club minutes.

Kerr, Catley, Vine, Gorry and Arnold are the only players coming into this bringing some consistent club form/minutes.

Comms also said they barely had time for some proper full group training sessions with so many travelling from further afield which won't have helped.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

second half was much improved tbh

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Much better second half. Raso was obviously a standout, as were Cooney-Cross and Chidiac. I think Raso has benefited a lot from being at Manchester City, even if she's not getting minutes. Nice to see a Clare Hunt debut(and a lengthy one at that). She was very solid. I think that the players we've debuted who are around 23(her, Wheeler, and Vine) all tend to slot in much easier than the younger players and so I hope the trend of debuting slightly older players continues.
On the other hand, Crummer was still pretty useless. Glad she got some proper time as a forward to see what she could do, but she didn't do anything well. Fowler also struggled a lot. The national team keeps changing where she plays, which wouldn't help. But she really needs proper match minutes and she won't get that at her current club.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🌈

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AK eats ass I guess ??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just noticed that the AK thread was "lost". That mod that made the new thread is lying and must have fucked up and deleted it beyond recovery. It was definitely here when the site got back because it had some p0rn/spam posted in it that bumped it to near the top of this forum. Fucking idiots running this place :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Prediction for lineup tonight - hopefully Micah GK, the rest as per last game?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Arnold GK, hope she's looking to have a redemption arc after her last time against Spain. I wonder if Micah was one of the players who picked up a niggle. Tony mentioned 3 players

I think I like the lineup mostly. Thrilled for Hunt and I imagine we'll get a Chidiac cameo. Plus Fowler too maybe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

macca in goal? i feel ill :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 06:50
macca in goal? i feel ill :unsure:
I know the feeling :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fucking hell Vine! She needs Foord’s confidence. Looks like she’s got their number tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That was some half!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

such a great half
only thing that can sour this if we go on to lose from
here
3 goals up should be more than enough to win. if we concede 3 in one half than we won't go far in the WC
cracking goals by everyone !!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 07:51
That was some half!
Amazing! Let’s hope they can keep it up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fowler isn't a starting player for mine and this reinforces it. A terrific talent but just doesn't have enough consistency.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 08:01
Fowler isn't a starting player for mine and this reinforces it. A terrific talent but just doesn't have enough consistency.
She can start against Jamaica in the name of rotation. If we get the job done here and just need a result against them then we can put in some different players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's the fucking obsession with Crummer :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

why crummer man she doesn't even belong on the team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

does this mean hunt is always gonna be on defensive lime cause i'll take it. anyone over kennedy please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These offside calls against us are tighter than a duck's arse

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what's with tonys subs. could cost us this game

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look what happens when you make stupid subs Tony :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We've moved past the need for Van Egmond against decent opponents

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

crummer is fuckin useless. kerr needs to be more selfish

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

we have some exciting new players hope we get to see more of them and less of the old ones who are only still in the team cause of their names.
Eve is so poor and costs us goals . would love to see amy sayer get a shot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well we just about got it done. Should've been 4-2 with Kerr's wrongly disallowed goal. A couple of players through the wars and we're definitely seeing who's up to the task and who isn't (I have to wonder if Tony is seeing the same though...).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 09:02
Well we just about got it done. Should've been 4-2 with Kerr's wrongly disallowed goal. A couple of players through the wars and we're definitely seeing who's up to the task and who isn't (I have to wonder if Tony is seeing the same though...).
who isn't in your opinion?

the obvious concern is almost losing after being up by three.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 08:36
We've moved past the need for Van Egmond against decent opponents
I thought she was decent when she came on, but agree that we’ve moved past needing her. KCC is a talent (and cute :wub: ). the crummer experiment needs to stop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 09:04
Guest wrote:

Crummer for a start. Shouldn't be anywhere near this team with the other talents we have. Van egmond is past it. Nevin needs a bit more time to cook at this level but maybe playing against more high quality opposition in the WSL will help.

I'm still on the fence about Macca. She was mostly solid this game and may have done better on the 2nd goal if she hadn't just been down injured. Her consistency is the issue.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 09:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Crummer for a start. Shouldn't be anywhere near this team with the other talents we have. Van egmond is past it. Nevin needs a bit more time to cook at this level but maybe playing against more high quality opposition in the WSL will help.

I'm still on the fence about Macca. She was mostly solid this game and may have done better on the 2nd goal if she hadn't just been down injured. Her consistency is the issue.
agree. it's one thing to have her in the team but can't believe she is consistently getting good game time. I really want to know what their thinking is. When will the penny drop. If she isn't scoring, assisting or doing anything of value why is she there over others ?
Fowler i think is a a game changer and would have been a better sub.

When carpenter comes back hopefully we look even stronger . let's just hope we don't have any injuries

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We've won this mini tourney now yea?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 09:43
We've won this mini tourney now yea?
Assuming we win against Jamaica which we should then yes. Something will have to go terribly wrong for us to fuck this up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How :heart: was today’s team - might be easier to count the straights. Catley, hunt, grant(?). Guess that’s actually a pretty straight lineup for Tillies recent form.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think Tony is still keen to get minutes into players. I don’t think those subs happen in WC game. I cannot see him taking off Gorry. And I think the game is less close without those subs.

Reactions:

Post by 822 »

Anyone know if Charlotte Grant has a girlfriend? Or is gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Playing England in April should be a good time to gage where we're at against a top opponent.

There have been rumblings about us playing against Scotland sometime pre-WC too and it seems like the other slot in that window would make the most sense for that one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 22:30
Playing England in April should be a good time to gage where we're at against a top opponent.

There have been rumblings about us playing against Scotland sometime pre-WC too and it seems like the other slot in that window would make the most sense for that one.
Yes, this is great news. World Cup leadups are so fun :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Excited about england
not sure why we would play scotland though. would love to play against france

Reactions:

Post by 1447 »

Fowler needs to be dropped I feel like she needs to start proving herself in this team it looks like she does not give a fuck when shes playing with the Tilly’s
Van Edmond also useless does nothing just passes the ball to someone else no offensive threat
Crummer out no questions asked
Luik also way to slow for this level now so needs to retire again
Grant blows me away with how good she has been

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 03:18
Guest wrote:

Excited about england
not sure why we would play scotland though. would love to play against france
Scotland seems like an excellent choice given an opening game against their green and orange cousins…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How does crummer now get a start :argh: