Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:07
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:03
Lionesses FC wins another battle

What's the punishment for the charge, a ban or fine? I'm all for it if it stops the playing up creeping in.
That is damn embarrassing from the FA!
A player can get away with an elbow to the face leaving a player bleeding and out of the game while Toone went hands on and pushed into the Spurs player while she was on the ground, and let’s not forget the whistle went in the first place to award Spurs with a free kick due to Toones challenge but now Toone is in the clear and the Spurs player is now the one in trouble? Because she put her hands over her face? Grow up players do that all the time and to be honest I’m surprised this is happening in for of United and not Arsenal who’s players get away with everything. :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Wtf is this shit?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hopefully we are gonna see more players get punished for diving now at least

Japan
Reactions:

Post by Japan »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:04
Japan wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 15:47
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 15:30
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 15:20
Kool wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 15:01

I like Jenni because she arouses hatred in Barça and Real M fans, I have her as an older sister.
The Real Madrid fans love her now because she sends a cohort of the Barca fans into a rabid frenzy every time she posts even the most innocuous thing. She posted a joke about Casio watches a couple of weeks back and they completely lost their shit. For a set of fans who claim that they are glad to see the back of her when she left their club, they sure do hang on her every move.
isn't that related to pique-shakria-his mistress drama where shakria compared the mistress to casio and herself to rolex and then pique showed up wearing casio watch and a sponsorship lol? barca fans probably thought she was shading alexia
In their minds, Jenni isn't over Alexia... but really, Alexia traded a rolex for a casio.
Everything is about Alexia in their heads. Alex Morgan giving a nod to Beth Mead for the Best award is solely because she is seething with envy over Alexia. Not at all because she played in WSL, probably knows Mead and watches WSL more than Liga F, and watched the Euros.
I saw a couple of takes on Twitter yesterday claiming that Jenni only went back to NT for the limelight because she never got over Alexia winning Ballon D’or and things changed between after that. I would think that it’s more probable that things went from amicable to not so amicable before that Christmas because Jenni found out about OR and just how quickly Alexia had moved on.
Omg I saw these comments is one worse than the other. she moved very quickly for someone who stayed with someone for 6 years....

Kaya
Reactions: 14

Post by Kaya »

Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kool wrote:
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 13:57

The players are not judged equally. Some are deemed scabs while excuses will be made for others - they were pressured by sponsors/FIFA demanded that they were selected/the RFEF threatened them. Jenni was going to get hate regardless of what she chose to do. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on whether they think that the players should go to NT or not, but they should at least judge them all the same. Or maybe not judge them at all, because no one outside the situation actually knows what’s happening.
I like Jenni because she arouses hatred in Barça and Real M fans, I have her as an older sister.
The Real Madrid fans love her now because she sends a cohort of the Barca fans into a rabid frenzy every time she posts even the most innocuous thing. She posted a joke about Casio watches a couple of weeks back and they completely lost their shit. For a set of fans who claim that they are glad to see the back of her when she left their club, they sure do hang on her every move.
isn't that related to pique-shakria-his mistress drama where shakria compared the mistress to casio and herself to rolex and then pique showed up wearing casio watch and a sponsorship lol? barca fans probably thought she was shading alexia
In their minds, Jenni isn't over Alexia... but really, Alexia traded a rolex for a casio.
Unpopular opinion: I think OR is cute. I get why Alexia went for her. I would pick her over Jenni. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:31
Parris is finished

Good
Reactions:

Post by Good »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:23
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:17
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Everything is about Alexia in their heads. Alex Morgan giving a nod to Beth Mead for the Best award is solely because she is seething with envy over Alexia. Not at all because she played in WSL, probably knows Mead and watches WSL more than Liga F, and watched the Euros.
I saw a couple of takes on Twitter yesterday claiming that Jenni only went back to NT for the limelight because she never got over Alexia winning Ballon D’or and things changed between after that. I would think that it’s more probable that things went from amicable to not so amicable before that Christmas because Jenni found out about OR and just how quickly Alexia had moved on.
I don’t understand why Alex Morgan had to give the nod to either. She could have just kept it to herself.
I agree. I would say that it was a lack of tact on her part. She should have just said good luck to all or said nothing at all. But the notion that it was all about envy of Alexia is ridiculous.
I like Alexia, she is an excellent player, but I think her first Ballon d'Or was not fully deserved, her season was great but...... the second one was deserved. but that is MY opinion. xoxo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:35
Guest wrote:
Parris is finished
And Bath Mat

Kopp
Reactions:

Post by Kopp »

Kaya wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:32
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kool wrote:

Unpopular opinion: I think OR is cute. I get why Alexia went for her. I would pick her over Jenni. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
She is cute, but without salt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kool wrote:

Jenni and OR are so different imo it's kinda funny.

But I also don't see Alexia as the player type or even the casual dating type. Serial monogamist. Break up and move on to someone and stay with them for a while.

Sadd
Reactions:

Post by Sadd »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:23
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:17
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don’t understand why Alex Morgan had to give the nod to either. She could have just kept it to herself.
I agree. I would say that it was a lack of tact on her part. She should have just said good luck to all or said nothing at all. But the notion that it was all about envy of Alexia is ridiculous.
The Alexia stans are ridiculous. Football has been around long before she arrived and there have been plenty of players better than her. I think she’s great but I’m not delusional.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:37
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:35
Guest wrote:
Parris is finished
And Bath Mat
and the Aussie deep diver Foord

Sadd
Reactions:

Post by Sadd »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:39
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

But I also don't see Alexia as the player type or even the casual dating type. Serial monogamist. Break up and move on to someone and stay with them for a while.
Jenni gives off a vibe that fucks good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Omg I saw these comments is one worse than the other. she moved very quickly for someone who stayed with someone for 6 years....
7 years and living together. After supporting someone since early in their career and then getting ditched straight after they achieve their goal, I’d be a bit hurt too and wouldn’t be so amicable either if I found out I was replaced so quickly. Jenni looked happy and proud at that Ballon D’or ceremony.

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 192

Post by Block »

Norway-Uruguay

1 Image

Cbdh
Reactions:

Post by Cbdh »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:49
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

7 years and living together. After supporting someone since early in their career and then getting ditched straight after they achieve their goal, I’d be a bit hurt too and wouldn’t be so amicable either if I found out I was replaced so quickly. Jenni looked happy and proud at that Ballon D’or ceremony.
Yes, Jenni was very happy for her, now these slur are saying that she is jealous of Alexia's success.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:52
Norway-Uruguay

Thanks. Can you repost the lists of gay players? the spoiler tag is finally working!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cbdh wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:02
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:

Yes, Jenni was very happy for her, now these slur are saying that she is jealous of Alexia's success.
Yeah, the Jenni hate that came out around that time (and post-breakup) was super unfair to her imo. Like you can criticize her for lots of reasons (Rfef for one), but jealousy is not it. And Barca fans have taken to criticize her for literally breathing.

Anyway, I hope she's living her best life in Mexico and away from all the crazies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This is specifically because the player was sent off. So it would only be diving for a pen or diving and the player is sent off that it would be covered.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:11
Guest wrote:
This is specifically because the player was sent off. So it would only be diving for a pen or diving and the player is sent off that it would be covered.
I've seen plenty of WSL players get awarded pens by diving

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
Norway-Uruguay

Thanks ! Good battle so far

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 192

Post by Block »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:03
Block wrote:
Norway-Uruguay
Thanks. Can you repost the lists of gay players? the spoiler tag is finally working!
Thanks for telling me about the spoiler tag! The list is back. Tell me if there's anything to update about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Uruguayan coach it’s fucking loud :ragee:

FAKS
Reactions:

Post by FAKS »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:08
Cbdh wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, the Jenni hate that came out around that time (and post-breakup) was super unfair to her imo. Like you can criticize her for lots of reasons (Rfef for one), but jealousy is not it. And Barca fans have taken to criticize her for literally breathing.

Anyway, I hope she's living her best life in Mexico and away from all the crazies.
I believe that no player deserves the treatment that Jenni has been receiving on social media! She can make mistakes like any human being, and if people don't agree with her decisions, they don't have the right to publicly crush her either...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FAKS wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:44
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:08
Cbdh wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:

I believe that no player deserves the treatment that Jenni has been receiving on social media! She can make mistakes like any human being, and if people don't agree with her decisions, they don't have the right to publicly crush her either...
Absolutely agree. If you don’t like a footballer just unfollow them or mute them on social media. The level of obsession is something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 14:27
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 14:21
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 14:04
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 14:00
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 13:43

Instead of English documentaries they should have one of the french national team 😂
I wish I could be a fly on the wall for the French team, the drama must be crazy.
The English documentary is going to be so freaking boring. I would buy a ticket for a French one, however. :spy:
DA nothing interesting happens in the England team, and the players aren't exactly the most compelling personality-wise either. It's probably just going to be a lot of footage of Leah frowning seriously at the camera and tapping her badge, probably will throw in a Beth Mead ACL comeback in there as well because there's no way she's not going to try to get back in time to be on the team.
DA. For people who watched the Alexia doc, is it worth it? I heard there is going to be a season 2 which strikes me as surprising given how introverted Alexia has been in the past.
I liked it. I think it's pretty much like the majority of sports documents so don't expect some fireworks. It was definitely interesting to see how crazy her life has become after Ballon d'Or and her reaction to the injury. Seeing her mentality you can understand why she got to the point she got. Although the doc gave the impression of her being a little bit toxic with her obsession of football, she seems to be very likeable and it weirdly let me understood why Barca's fans are so obsessed with her. She's basically the kind of player you want in your club.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:30
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 17:03
Block wrote:
Norway-Uruguay
Thanks for telling me about the spoiler tag! The list is back. Tell me if there's anything to update about it.
Da, slow day at work so here's some updates I had:

Australia
Katrina Gorry (with Vittsjö GIK player Clara Markstedt)
Cortnee Vine (with Sydney FC player Charlotte McLean)

Belgium
Nicky Evrard
Julie Biesmans
Laura Deloose (with Tine De Caigny)
Tine De Caigny (with Laura Deloose)

Denmark
Janni Thomsen (with Norway's Elise Thorsnes)

Italy
Aurora Galli (with Sweden's Natalie Björn)

Netherlands
Lynn Wilms
Kerstin Casparij (with PSV player Laura Strik)
Alieke Tuin
Marisa Olislagers

Sweden
Nathalie Björn (with Italy's Aurora Galli)
Hanna Bennison (with Elena Sadiku)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The diving is what made the men's football unwatchable for me. I know the most annoying divers and I avoid watching the matches in which they're playing. It's just so damn annoying. I think it will be difficult to punish women's footballers for diving though. Without VAR it's extremely hard for refs to catch the acting. And as long as diving brings benefits footballers will continue on doing it...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kool wrote:

She seems like a nice girl too. At the end of the day we can have our opinions but it’s Alexia’s feelings what really matters and she clearly loves that girl, you can see her dumb love smile in photos taken by OR, like the Jan 6 post or the Amsterdam ones.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi guys, I'm new here. And apologies, but really into trying to figure out the Bronze/Walsh situation. They interest me, I can't help it. What I don't get is how they can be broken up but be going to brunch and cafes alone together, walking the dog together, etc. Lucy being so supportive and talking about Keira's abilities. And I doubt they broke up in September, because fans who went to the Luxembourg game for Keira's 50th, said they saw Lucy celebrating and cheering Keira on that day in a rather doe-eyed way. It's so confusing. I've never heard of a 6/7 year relationship and people still behaving this way. And Momma Walsh "likes" posts about Lucy on twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I love this.
For the avoidance of doubt: I LOVE THIS.

Stopped watching men's football years ago for exactly that reason. Those preening lowlifes were more interested in perfecting their diving technique and hustling referees with faux-indignation than playing football.
Unfortunately, waaay too many woso players are copying those behaviours - stealing ten metres on thow-ins, slightly back flipping the ball thrown ahead of them on free kicks. I hate it.
100% in favour of stamping out scumbag behaviour in our game before it gets a hold.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bronze has liked the last 3 lionesses posts-none of which she is featured in.

But hasn’t liked the 4th last one - Keira dribbling video.

But has also liked the 5th last one - which is just Sarina and Leah at the press conference.

I’m not a shipper or a hater but I think it’s hilarious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’d bee hurt too but we don’t really know who broke up with who or if it was amicable. Alexias fam kept taking care of Andy after the brake up and they seemed fine to the point that it took Jenni’s fulanita era to confirm they were no longer together. But I did notice that around around April of last year right after the weird stint when they started interacting so much that we thought they had gotten back together, that’s when it became really sour for them, they barely had any interactions after the Camp Nou games and you could tell they where avoiding each other. I wonder what happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:14

But has also liked the 5th last one - which is just Sarina and Leah at the press conference.

Probs coz if she’d have slid her in instead of shooting bronze would have had an open goal maybe?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stop trying to force people to care.

And the “I’m new here” anon?…yeah sure you are :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:08
Guest wrote:

I love this.

Stopped watching men's football years ago for exactly that reason. Those preening lowlifes were more interested in perfecting their diving technique and hustling referees with faux-indignation than playing football.
Unfortunately, waaay too many woso players are copying those behaviours - stealing ten metres on thow-ins, slightly back flipping the ball thrown ahead of them on free kicks. I hate it.
100% in favour of stamping out scumbag behaviour in our game before it gets a hold.
I don't disagree with you necessarily, I hate diving behavior so much, but I think the larger issue that people are pointing out is that if it hadn't been a Lioness player on the other end of the whole thing (or if Summanen had been English), all of this wouldn't have happened because it's very clear FA bias. How many times have we seen Nikita Parris or Beth Mead dive and writhe around on the ground with nothing about "deceiving a match official" mentioned? Or Leah Williamson's multiple handballs that have been missed, or just the other day when she literally elbowed an opposing player in the face and got nothing for it? Frankly I don't think Toone should have gotten a straight red, she should've been given a yellow for it and moved on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sadd wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:45
Guest wrote:
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's not at all my type, but I do see what you mean. Bit like Lola in that vibe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Lol thats quite funny. I have to say, lots of people seem to be implying Keira is somehow the bad person in this 'alleged' scenario but I fully get the vibes that its bronze creating the distance. Bronze does always praise Keira but I think that's because she's honest and fair but I don't get all the rubbish about how bronze always looks so in love with Keira, the looks she allegedly gives her. I just don't see it. I don't know what's happened of late but I think they ended ages ago.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kopp wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 16:38
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lmao what does this mean? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:24
Sadd wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:

She's not at all my type, but I do see what you mean. Bit like Lola in that vibe.
Mapi has the same vibe too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sadd wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:

Lola has the biggest “hey mammas” energy (not good) also doesn’t she like the young ones? Like date someone your own age. I do agree on Jenni 👀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:30
Guest wrote:
Sadd wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kaya wrote:

Mapi has the same vibe too.
Oh mapi for sure has to be better she reminds me a one night stand I had , the bad part only being one night cause I wanted others lol
Alexia is one of those who also probably is good in bed cause it’s always the quiet ones that are great when they don’t seem :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:29
Kopp wrote:
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Boring. Like an unseasoned chicken breast. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:19
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:

I’d bee hurt too but we don’t really know who broke up with who or if it was amicable. Alexias fam kept taking care of Andy after the brake up and they seemed fine to the point that it took Jenni’s fulanita era to confirm they were no longer together. But I did notice that around around April of last year right after the weird stint when they started interacting so much that we thought they had gotten back together, that’s when it became really sour for them, they barely had any interactions after the Camp Nou games and you could tell they where avoiding each other. I wonder what happened.
They seemed fine at the Camp Nou games. I remember them waving to each other’s families after the Wolfsburg game. It looked like Alexia and OR broke up for a while sometime after the Real Madrid game where they lifted the league title. Her and Jenni seemed more relaxed and getting on well for that period. Hence some fans jumping to conclusions. Alexia and OR then reunited before the Wolfsburg away game. (And that’s when OR started dropping hints on instagram 😂). From that away trip on Alexia basically just blanked Jenni on the field before and after games and things seemed very tense between them. After the Copa de la Reina final she hugged all the players and walked straight past Jenni without even looking at her. It was kinda sad considering it was Jenni’s last match at Barca and they had played together for so many years.

Kjy
Reactions:

Post by Kjy »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:29
Kopp wrote:
Kaya wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

It means she's dull, chayote water. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wow it like Bronze and Walsh all over again

NBHK
Reactions:

Post by NBHK »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:37
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:19
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:

They seemed fine at the Camp Nou games. I remember them waving to each other’s families after the Wolfsburg game. It looked like Alexia and OR broke up for a while sometime after the Real Madrid game where they lifted the league title. Her and Jenni seemed more relaxed and getting on well for that period. Hence some fans jumping to conclusions. Alexia and OR then reunited before the Wolfsburg away game. (And that’s when OR started dropping hints on instagram 😂). From that away trip on Alexia basically just blanked Jenni on the field before and after games and things seemed very tense between them. After the Copa de la Reina final she hugged all the players and walked straight past Jenni without even looking at her. It was kinda sad considering it was Jenni’s last match at Barca and they had played together for so many years.
I remember several times seeing Alexia yelling at Jenni on the field.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:38
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Japan wrote:

Wow it like Bronze and Walsh all over again
My thoughts too! Except as good as Walsh is, shes never going to hit the levels of Alexia. Especially not if she stays at Barca - she won't ever be their star. She'll need to get in line

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:22
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:08
Guest wrote:

I love this.

I don't disagree with you necessarily, I hate diving behavior so much, but I think the larger issue that people are pointing out is that if it hadn't been a Lioness player on the other end of the whole thing (or if Summanen had been English), all of this wouldn't have happened because it's very clear FA bias. How many times have we seen Nikita Parris or Beth Mead dive and writhe around on the ground with nothing about "deceiving a match official" mentioned? Or Leah Williamson's multiple handballs that have been missed, or just the other day when she literally elbowed an opposing player in the face and got nothing for it? Frankly I don't think Toone should have gotten a straight red, she should've been given a yellow for it and moved on.
DA. The rule is only enforced if a player has been sent off, and if the decision is appealed.
The FA looked at it because United appealed. When they investigated, it presumably became clear that the ref only sent Toone off because she thought she had made contact with Summanen's face.

This incident won't cut down on diving (or stealing a yard etc) in the slightest, it's just a very specific set of circumstances in which these rules are applied.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I've noticed that Lucy never "likes" video reals. She likes still photos only. A few weeks ago there was a video of Keira in Sports Direct Soccer that she didn't like, but she "liked" the still photo from the vid. Still, I think things have gotten real cold real fast, even from a week ago. I think Keira taking off to Munich (no she's not with Lina) may have been the final sign for Lucy that it's over. It's funny how Lucy always dates these really harsh characters. Gemma Davison was a trip. Such a cold person. Poor Lucy deserves better if you ask me.