Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

Sheilla and Haak :rofl:

She is everywhere :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol I cracked up when I saw Sheilla appearing to present Best Opposite to Haak. I wonder if the general volleyball-watching public will wonder why she keeps appearing at finals to present awards. This time she was there officially as Minas staff...but we all know the other reason.

Gabi and Haak! Love their friendship.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

people are making today's game all about haak x egonu, but imo the real difference between the two teams was that imoco played collectively, while vakifbank relied only on egonu and gabi.

plummer, de kruif and kelsey all reached the 10 point mark, with lubian on 8. meanwhile, gabi scored 17 points and the next best scorer was chiaka with 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 15:53

people are making today's game all about haak x egonu, but imo the real difference between the two teams was that imoco played collectively, while vakifbank relied only on egonu and gabi.

plummer, de kruif and kelsey all reached the 10 point mark, with lubian on 8. meanwhile, gabi scored 17 points and the next best scorer was chiaka with 5.
Zehra with 1 and winning best MB..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Zehra winning MB is a disgrace.

I shouldn’t even have to say this but nothing against her, she can play amazingly as she’s proven before. But she did NOT deserve that award this tournament.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Zehra best MB :rofl: The Power of Money!!!

Reactions:

Post by guest »

tbh i feel bad for zehra, i'm sure she knows she didn't have a good tournament, and her getting the best mb award only highlights how lacking she was today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 18:04
tbh i feel bad for zehra, i'm sure she knows she didn't have a good tournament, and her getting the best mb award only highlights how lacking she was today.
Yeah me too. (I’m also the anon who wrote the above “disgrace” post tho) It isn’t her fault. Turkish fans are ripping into HER all over intagram and that’s annoying too. Like beyond annoying is its all laced in badly covered sexism. Faulting it on her facial expressions or popularity etc. Clueless idiots.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Paola is giving Gabi a foot massage :rofl:

They are at the airport both Turkish clubs are returning to Istanbul

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bosko to Scandicci with Zhu would be a sight.🤩

I wonder what her negotiation points look like beyond $’s.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thaisa even with terrible injuries on her knee and with her inseparable knee brace, still a great MB. Fabiana - Thaisa what a duo!

Reactions:

Post by guest »

by the way, i just think it's funny that at the start of the tournament people were saying that no one could touch boskovic, then after the semi-finals paola was definitely without a doubt the greatest player to have ever played, then today people are saying haak was always the best, no contest.

make up your mind, people.

or could it perhaps be that they're all human and can't have the best match of their careers every single match? all three are spectacular players, but at the end of the day there can only be one winner. this time around it was bella who came out on top, but that doesn't mean boskovic and egonu aren't world class as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 02:22
by the way, i just think it's funny that at the start of the tournament people were saying that no one could touch boskovic, then after the semi-finals paola was definitely without a doubt the greatest player to have ever played, then today people are saying haak was always the best, no contest.

or could it perhaps be that they're all human and can't have the best match of their careers every single match? all three are spectacular players, but at the end of the day there can only be one winner. this time around it was bella who came out on top, but that doesn't mean boskovic and egonu aren't world class as well.
Pretty sure there’s more than one person making comments and predictions. Seems funny to assume one opinion represents some kind of consensus.

Also, sports are fickle. It is what it is. imagine the narrative coming out of worlds if Poland had grabbed the last 2 points in the qf vs Serbia instead of Jole stepping in to save the day.

Ecz was over rated before the tournament bc of the league win vs an under ripe Vakifbank. Did Hande, Simge and Voro just have a bad weekend ooh reception or was something exposed about the class of the team? What does Vakif need to do to push closer to Imocco at the next time of asking?

As for the big 3, they’re really good.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 03:09
guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 02:22

Pretty sure there’s more than one person making comments and predictions. Seems funny to assume one opinion represents some kind of consensus.

Also, sports are fickle. It is what it is. imagine the narrative coming out of worlds if Poland had grabbed the last 2 points in the qf vs Serbia instead of Jole stepping in to save the day.

Ecz was over rated before the tournament bc of the league win vs an under ripe Vakifbank. Did Hande, Simge and Voro just have a bad weekend ooh reception or was something exposed about the class of the team? What does Vakif need to do to push closer to Imocco at the next time of asking?

As for the big 3, they’re really good.
i wasn't talking about any comments in particular made in here, i was just speaking generally. my point was that the gap between those 3 is not big at all and it can go either way depending on the day. of course different people are going to have different opinions, but it annoys me how common it is to undermine a player's ability and achievements after a loss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Form Turkish Twitter :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 14:23

She's been following him since the VNL iirc, so it might not mean anything.

She's probably getting a lot of offers since she can pass well and reception has been an issue for a lot of top sides. I don't think she made up her mind about where she's going to play yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4Bir4Bir 🏐 @4141spo

👀 TVF made an official offer to Daniele Santarelli.

❌ Serbian Federation decided not to make a serious increase in the salary of Santarelli, who won 50 thousand euros and said, 'The decision is yours'.

🤝 Santarelli welcomes the offer, he will make his decision this week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 18:31
4Bir4Bir 🏐 @4141spo

❌ Serbian Federation decided not to make a serious increase in the salary of Santarelli, who won 50 thousand euros and said, 'The decision is yours'.

Shook.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I get that it’s a cut throat business, but Santarelli carrying on like this in public 0.5 yrs into his contract with Serbia doesn’t seem like the best move.

I guess we get to see Vargas w the Turkish squad next yr . That will be fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And they say Serbia wants to make an offer to Giovanni

I’m so sick of volleyball rumours it’s too easy to break contracts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 21:30

If Santarelli leaves I’d love to see Jenny get a shot with Serbia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
4Bir4Bir 🏐 @4141spo

They took&edit his words out of content. You can read the actual content of what he said in other forum. One of the thing he said from that interview is "For now, I am a HC for Imoco Conegliano and Serbia NT".

Of course, TVF will make such offer for arguably one of the best coach/trainer. It all comes back to his choice. does he choose a team with a higher probability of success but less pay or a team with a lower probability of success but higher pay?

Tbf If I were him, I would choose stay with Serbia untill Paris then decides other option with better salary later.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 21:30

They're a tabloid/magazine. Don't take their words easily. Some Turkish fans said that TVF might be the one that tried to spread rumor about all this potentially HC. So, they can be seen that they are "trying" for the best. Santarelli, Lang Ping, even there's a brief rumor about Ze. It's all just for media play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 20:37
I get that it’s a cut throat business, but Santarelli carrying on like this in public 0.5 yrs into his contract with Serbia doesn’t seem like the best move.

I guess we get to see Vargas w the Turkish squad next yr . That will be fun.
Santarelli reposted an Instagram story of him with Serbia NT when rumors about him leaving the team began to spread. He didn't replied to my DM, but he did seen the message and then reposted that story.

I don't see him as someone who can easily break a contract because a higher fee comes to his way. Judging from his interview, he looks like an ambitious coach with regards to accomplishments. And if he is really a person like that, he will definitely choose to stay with Serbia NT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
4Bir4Bir 🏐 @4141spo

How much the salary for NT coach? Someone posted before that Karch own millions dollar house in california. Pretty sure Turkey paid more than USA?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

lol I've been waiting for the rumors. when is the transfer window closed?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 23:15
Guest wrote:
4Bir4Bir 🏐 @4141spo

How much the salary for NT coach? Someone posted before that Karch own millions dollar house in california. Pretty sure Turkey paid more than USA?
I don't know how much TVF paid Gui before, but as someone said in the other forum USAV paid approximately $600K to Karch.

And, I heard TVF is one of the richest Federation. So, at least they have the same or even bigger budget than USAV.

I assume Lang Ping being paid more than both Gui and Karch, cause China usually have more budget than others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 23:18
Guest wrote:

lol I've been waiting for the rumors. when is the transfer window closed?
If Bergmann goes to Ecz, it's probably for the next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In my opinion, the best team for Julia Bergmann would be where she could play alongside an established OH who can step it up during out of system balls. I know she's been the go-to player for those in Georgia Tech, but she's never played in a professional league before and it might be too much pressure on her.

So, a team like Vakifbank would work because they have Gabi and Egonu to deal with the difficult points, and Julia could just focus on stabilizing the pass and getting some in system kills so she can gain confidence. But both Voronkova and Hande are unstable and wouldn't provide that sort of security to someone who's just starting out their professsional career. I think Eczacibasi should go for a more experienced OH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 02:42
In my opinion, the best team for Julia Bergmann would be where she could play alongside an established OH who can step it up during out of system balls. I know she's been the go-to player for those in Georgia Tech, but she's never played in a professional league before and it might be too much pressure on her.

So, a team like Vakifbank would work because they have Gabi and Egonu to deal with the difficult points, and Julia could just focus on stabilizing the pass and getting some in system kills so she can gain confidence. But both Voronkova and Hande are unstable and wouldn't provide that sort of security to someone who's just starting out their professsional career. I think Eczacibasi should go for a more experienced OH.
Does she gonna get playing time in top teams? I know money it's important but for a young new players experience/playing time gonna go a long way. Mid teams would be a perfect place for new players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

money is not a problem for Julia, and I hope she will play in Italy, I think the league is better for her now and without the pressure of the fanatical fans in Turkiye

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think a brazilian team is the best option for julia, in Barueri or Sesc she will have the best coaches and her game will mature faster.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 04:34
I think a brazilian team is the best option for julia, in Barueri or Sesc she will have the best coaches and her game will mature faster.
Bernardinho is very good at developing young talent. Gabi, Carol and Roberta all grew a lot under him. I just hope it's not Minas, we need to protect her from Nicola.

On a related note, I'm worried about Kisy. She seems to have lost all her confidence since the end of the VNL and it's only getting worse. She was very clearly psychologically destroyed during the Club World Championship. I have a feeling playing under Nicola might be aggravating her mental state.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 05:11
Guest wrote:
Bernardinho is very good at developing young talent. Gabi, Carol and Roberta all grew a lot under him. I just hope it's not Minas, we need to protect her from Nicola.

On a related note, I'm worried about Kisy. She seems to have lost all her confidence since the end of the VNL and it's only getting worse. She was very clearly psychologically destroyed during the Club World Championship. I have a feeling playing under Nicola might be aggravating her mental state.
Why whats the deal with Nicola because even though they came 4th he is coaching one of the best... I think. I seriously wish there were another worldwide club tournament because one is NOT enough. But my goodness that would be way too much pressure on an already packed schedule. But I want to know how would they fare against THY or Scandici or Novara? Or how would Texas go against Galatasaray or yknow.. Just a greedy fan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
lol no

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 06:23
Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 05:11
Guest wrote:

Why whats the deal with Nicola because even though they came 4th he is coaching one of the best... I think. I seriously wish there were another worldwide club tournament because one is NOT enough. But my goodness that would be way too much pressure on an already packed schedule. But I want to know how would they fare against THY or Scandici or Novara? Or how would Texas go against Galatasaray or yknow.. Just a greedy fan.
Texas lol no college have different rules. They have more subs. That's why most american OHs can't pass 😂 unless they're from Nebraska. FYI Plummer is a 6 rotation OH in college... and she actually pass decently in college...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 04:07
money is not a problem for Julia, and I hope she will play in Italy, I think the league is better for her now and without the pressure of the fanatical fans in Turkiye
oh she's loaded? lemme check her insta :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 06:43
Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 04:07
oh she's loaded? lemme check her insta :mask:
Huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 06:30
Guest wrote:
lol no
Why?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yayyyyyy, I'm late to the party but fuck yeah conegliano I knew we had good chances at winning it all. Don't understand why l'chatters didn't rate us and thought we would lose even to ecza. 🙄

Anyways de gennaro and wolosz are absolute queens and in my humble opinion one of them deserved the mvp (also somebody put zehra in the dream team like we wouldn't notice).

Champions league is gonna be great this season, super excited

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How can Fener be this bad? They had an amazing start but now they are in a terrible condition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 19:18
How can Fener be this bad? They had an amazing start but now they are in a terrible condition.
It's actually killing me. There will be no claim this season I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 20:14
Guest wrote:
funny how Terzic tried to make Naz the scapegoat and got Macris so what’s his problem now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This is the first match against them and it's a double round Robin format. They played bad tonight but I have a gut feeling (and Vargas feeling) the next encounter might say something different (If she's in the same state after returning from China)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 04:33
Thread’s not even 3 years old but some links are broken :sadangel: we should post more gifs than those twitter videos/gifs. Twitter’s not reliable long term. RIP to Melly and KYK moments i’ll never know where to find. lol

How’d gay tumblr never collectively get into the world of women’s volleyball? It’s rich af in actual lesbians.
We could do more but we are damn lazy. Those who enjoy making gifs and video edits are all on Twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 20:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
funny how Terzic tried to make Naz the scapegoat and got Macris so what’s his problem now?
he is the problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lazareva is bad now, only 7 points and 25% exc. attacks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 00:12
Lazareva is bad now, only 7 points and 25% exc. attacks
The whole team is miserable otherwise I would claim that it has something to do with her private life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »