Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:57
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:45
Not a great performance, but we are always like this with Thailand in particular and there was a lot of experimentation in the second half. I'd still prefer a younger player like Sayer in place of Crummer, she's just really average and not young enough to justify it.

Kyra Cooney-Cross was excellent, POTM for me. Thank you to Tony or whoever convinced her to move to Sweden. Also hooray for clean sheet!
I want to be positive and i'm happy we have hit some form but my main concern remains. We have no one to rely on to score goals. It's frustrating that Raso can't finish the simplest of chances and yet she seems to get the lions share or them. Fowler is our best finisher yet doesn't get half the opportunities Raso does.
Positives for sure but it chances aren't gonna win us games: i am pretty sure we play england early next year so that will be a hard reality check as to where we are. I hope we don't get battered like norway
Da. I think you can see that the average lowest level of the team has definitely gone up! It’s more stable, a higher overall level across more players. Young players having been abroad for a year has definitely helped. And the in form WSL players are top class. Together with the experience of the veteran group and how well they all know each other and are used to playing together, Australia will have a great team for the world cup. Honestly Canada, Ireland and Nigeria is a tough draw, but there are no teams that Australia can’t beat. It won’t be easy for any team to play against you at home.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this why we need to be careful and take our chances
if we lose our opening game it's really almost game over

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 00:17

this why we need to be careful and take our chances
if we lose our opening game it's really almost game over
DA this is Northern Ireland, we'll be playing the Republic of Ireland. But yes, we need to start strong - Ireland are a good team and they'll probably have a lot of fans in the crowd.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's a video on Rebel Sport's tiktok with Chloe Logarzo, Mary and Courtney Nevin. Interestingly, Mary is not single and Courtney is. Guessing Courtney and Kyra are properly broken up or keeping things lowkey. I wonder who Mary is dating, I'm assuming she's straight but her and her Man City teammate Kerstin Casparij would be cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kyah and Faye Bryson 👀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 08:36
Kyah and Faye Bryson 👀

I'm sure it's been good for Kyah to have someone there for her during her injury recovering while on the other side of the world from her family. It could have put a strain on a new relationship but they seem to be doing fine.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Didn't expect Western United to get the win over Victory today :blinkwide: . Pretty impressive given it was their first ever game. I wonder if Victory will start out slow like they did last season, do ok in the league but then make finals and win lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:15
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 16:04
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 11:57

Tbf they're all relatively new to the team, so they are like kids. People do the same with 24 year old USWNT newbies. And I thought they all played well, especially given that most had barely played any senior NT minutes until this year - do you disagree?

But I agree about not putting too much pressure on Ellie. I hope people aren't expecting her to immediately be at the same level as she was pre-injury. It'll likely take some time, but she's young so she'll definitely get there and there's no need to rush it.
My comment was not to related to how well they did or didn't play. It was about referring to 24 and 26 year olds as kids and the ridiculous expectations some ppl have on Ellie (who's still only 22) Talking about 'comparing form' when the chick has only just started to run. There is no comparison to be made between a player returning from a major injury and one playing regular minutes.
da - okay carpenter stan calm down. please believe no one except you thinks they're talking about literal kids they're talking about them being the inexperienced kids/newbies on the team vs. the veterans. it ain't that deep and you need to take a chill pill.
Why do ppl say take a chill pill and calm down to someone's comment on a forum. It wasn't abusive or absurd, just a point of view. Read and move on.
because you were clearly worked up enough about sam lewis calling them kids to go and look up all their ages :rofl: weirdo
Da you sound like the auswnt page on tumblr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who's the girl Eve is hanging all over in her insta stories?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 12:15
Way to make it more obvious you post here auswnt posting this right after you posted those photos of van Egmond :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 12:22
Guest wrote:
Way to make it more obvious you post here auswnt posting this right after you posted those photos of van Egmond :rofl:
....what the hell are you talking about? Are you high?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I wondered the same thing. Was hoping it was Hill back for a new rise of EvHill, but not to be :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
is it one of her san diego teammates or a random person? i don't really keep up with nwsl anymore so i wouldn't recognize her if she was a teammate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 09:14
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 19:17
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:15
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 16:04

My comment was not to related to how well they did or didn't play. It was about referring to 24 and 26 year olds as kids and the ridiculous expectations some ppl have on Ellie (who's still only 22) Talking about 'comparing form' when the chick has only just started to run. There is no comparison to be made between a player returning from a major injury and one playing regular minutes.
da - okay carpenter stan calm down. please believe no one except you thinks they're talking about literal kids they're talking about them being the inexperienced kids/newbies on the team vs. the veterans. it ain't that deep and you need to take a chill pill.
Why do ppl say take a chill pill and calm down to someone's comment on a forum. It wasn't abusive or absurd, just a point of view. Read and move on.
because you were clearly worked up enough about sam lewis calling them kids to go and look up all their ages :rofl: weirdo
Da you sound like the auswnt page on tumblr
tumblr is for millennials, i prefer tiktok and twitter 😘

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 20:48
Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 19:13
I don’t think Kerr will ever win the big awards. They just won’t vote for her unless she moves to Lyon or Barcelona, which it’s unlikely she’ll do.
Nah she needed to show up more in the champions league. Alexia won mostly for leading Barcelona to the win last year and she now has a lot of established goodwill with the voters that carried over this year.

Or win the World Cup with Australia lol.
The Champions league is important but that’s not all. PR and visibility seems even more important. Lyon won the Champions league (again) last year and they had no players I think in the top 7 of the Ballon d’Or. Putellas missed the Euros but Mead came second mostly for the Euros. Sam was third because that’s the lowest they could put her after her performance last year, but she really should have been first or second. Oberdorf came in 4th at 20 years old and a splendid Euros. If the women had a youth category like the men do, she and many others could have gotten some much deserved recognition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

well the true test will be if kerr wins the CL this year
if she does and doesn't win the ballon dor then it's def a head scratcher since that's the last reason people lean on as to why she hasn't won.
world cup shouldn't matter if euros didn't matter for putellas . it's frustrating cause world cup is three weeks whereas club and champions league form is three months.
si still think if kerr wins Cl with chelsea but australia drop out of world cup in round of 16 then she won't win it.
the only way she can win is if she wins champions league and there's no big international tournament that same year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 07:27

we have the worst luck
Yes Australia are definitely on the, on paper, more difficult side of the table, if they make the knockouts, with England, Germany, France and Brazil in their half. But I’m surprised more people aren’t questioning the format. This isn’t how an 8 group, 32 team tournament is normally played. We aren’t supposed to be able to already say which teams are on the same ”half” och the knockout stage table. Normally, coming first or second in the group should send you to different sides of the table. That’s how it’s always been in the men’s world cup, and that’s how this men’s world cup is being played.

In the men’s world cup, we can’t know until after the group stage which teams go into which side of the knockout stage. In fact the women’s world cup is practically split into two separate 4 group tournaments. There is zero chance of for example Australia playing anyone from group A, C, E or G until a potential final. They could even play a team from their own group in a semifinal before playing a team from these four groups, so teams aren’t properly mixed.

Even if they wanna avoid any theoretical possibility of Australia and New Zealand playing each other until a final, I think it’s wrong to change the format so completely. It’s the first time the WWC has 8 groups, and it’s not being played as an 8 group tournament.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 07:53
There's a video on Rebel Sport's tiktok with Chloe Logarzo, Mary and Courtney Nevin. Interestingly, Mary is not single and Courtney is. Guessing Courtney and Kyra are properly broken up or keeping things lowkey. I wonder who Mary is dating, I'm assuming she's straight but her and her Man City teammate Kerstin Casparij would be cute
Yeah I saw that. I think Nevin and KCX arent together anymore. Also, what a random question to ask three young players in a Rebel Tiktok... felt a bit inappropriate and nothing to do with soccer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 00:35
Guest wrote:
Yeah I saw that. I think Nevin and KCX arent together anymore. Also, what a random question to ask three young players in a Rebel Tiktok... felt a bit inappropriate and nothing to do with soccer
OP yeah now I think about it, it's a weird question for that kind of brand to be asking - especially with two very young players. I think Nevin and Kyra must be on decent terms, but I guess they have to be as they are in the same club and NT

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cute interview with Sam who hints that the Cup of Nations will return in February. The first one was held back in 2019 in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and featured Aus, South Korea, NZ and Argentina

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really think Lydia should have gone to an ALW team instead of sticking in Europe. If TG meant what he said in an interview recently then Teagan is the #1 going forward but we still need Lydia to have regular minutes under her belt just in case. She's getting no meaningful minutes at PSG and I don't see this changing barring injury to Bouhaddi.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 23:05
I really think Lydia should have gone to an ALW team instead of sticking in Europe. If TG meant what he said in an interview recently then Teagan is the #1 going forward but we still need Lydia to have regular minutes under her belt just in case. She's getting no meaningful minutes at PSG and I don't see this changing barring injury to Bouhaddi.
Da I agree. I trust her as a backup to Teagan more than Macca because Macca is… Macca.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 05:22
Guest wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 23:05
Da I agree. I trust her as a backup to Teagan more than Macca because Macca is… Macca.
DA agree on both counts. She's still a solid keeper but she's clearly not having much luck at being #1 at any of these top clubs. ALW or a Scandi league probably would have been better. I'm guessing she's paid better to sit on the bench at Arsenal and PSG than she would in Aus though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jamaica will be participating in the Cup of Nations in February

Reactions:

Post by 2677 »

Praying foord and catley stays healthy with all of arsenals injurys looks like there never going to be rested

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Foord had a real stinker today. I hope she isn't back to her old habits of losing form as quick as she found it...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

seems like kyah and faye did an ig soft launch. cute story under the unfortunate circumstances for kyah

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know this gets talked about every year but why would they schedule a game in Tamworth for the middle of the day? It's 30 degrees. And that's mild for Tamworth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2677 wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 22:20
Praying foord and catley stays healthy with all of arsenals injurys looks like there never going to be rested
For real. Who knew Foord would be keeping the Aussies afloat while Kerr's trying to figure out how to play again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 11:54
2677 wrote:
For real. Who knew Foord would be keeping the Aussies afloat while Kerr's trying to figure out how to play again.
da. why the need to pit them against each other? kerr has been playing fine lately she just had a slow start after actually taking some time off. foord has been having an undeniable good run of form. you can compliment foord without bringing kerr down like some petty hater. appreciate when multiple players are repping us well and how that's good for the game here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 13:17
Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 11:54
2677 wrote:
da. why the need to pit them against each other? kerr has been playing fine lately she just had a slow start after actually taking some time off. foord has been having an undeniable good run of form. you can compliment foord without bringing kerr down like some petty hater. appreciate when multiple players are repping us well and how that's good for the game here
DA Sam is the most famous and successful Aussie player, and it's clear that fans of other Aussies are a bit bitter about that. Those fans are always chomping at the bit to rag on Sam the second one of their favourite players is doing even a little bit better than her instead of just being happy their favourite player is doing well.

I guess it should be taken as a compliment that in the eyes of these haters Sam has set the bar at which other Aussie players need to be performing at in order to start getting more praise :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

God the bar is low for the mens side compared to the girls, if the Socceroos were as good as the Matilda’s you’d never hear the end of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone else notice Caitlin tagging Lia on her ring/ring finger on her Instagram post? :lol: They’re cute

Reactions:

Post by 2827 »

Is that emilys gf shes with overseas

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What a win by the boys. I don’t watch a lot of men’s soccer, or the A League, but they sure did lift when it mattered. I hope this will add momentum to the Matildas campaign.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2827 wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 00:17
Is that emilys gf shes with overseas
You mean Libby Copus-Brown? That's just her BFF from back home in Newy who's now playing for a Women's Championship team in England.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 18:29
What a win by the boys. I don’t watch a lot of men’s soccer, or the A League, but they sure did lift when it mattered. I hope this will add momentum to the Matildas campaign.
DA I'm really happy for them too. It's good to see them shock all the doubters, I'm hoping I can go watch the Argentina match at a live site tomorrow. And yeah, I think all this buzz can only be good for the Matildas. I'm already so pumped for next year, how lucky we are to have a home WC! Slightly nervous that FIFA in the future might zero in on the $$ and have some super homophobic country host it (apparently Saudi Arabia are interested????).

Side note for anyone else watching the Sydney derby, what atrocious refereeing. Cannot believe that was a red!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else see the IG post from Alanna that she deleted right away? I only saw the tiny pic in the notification and it looked like her posing and looking cozy with someone but when I clicked it was gone.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 17:58
Did anyone else see the IG post from Alanna that she deleted right away? I only saw the tiny pic in the notification and it looked like her posing and looking cozy with someone but when I clicked it was gone.
Could she be dating EvE?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 04:58
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 18:29
DA I'm really happy for them too. It's good to see them shock all the doubters, I'm hoping I can go watch the Argentina match at a live site tomorrow. And yeah, I think all this buzz can only be good for the Matildas. I'm already so pumped for next year, how lucky we are to have a home WC! Slightly nervous that FIFA in the future might zero in on the $$ and have some super homophobic country host it (apparently Saudi Arabia are interested????).

Side note for anyone else watching the Sydney derby, what atrocious refereeing. Cannot believe that was a red!!
They wanna host the men’s world cup? For some mysterous reason, Qatar and Saudi Arabia don’t seem interested in hosting the women’s world cup, so don’t think we have to worry about yet. It will be somewhere that is at least slightly positive towards women’s football and who’s team will have a chance in the group stage at least.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

none of our girls have been having great showings lately :/ i hope it's just a bit of fatigue in the lead up to christmas holidays, and assuming they go home during the break hopefully it revitalises them a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 21:56
none of our girls have been having great showings lately :/ i hope it's just a bit of fatigue in the lead up to christmas holidays, and assuming they go home during the break hopefully it revitalises them a bit.
In the WSL it's only really Kerr not performing to her expected standard and Foord dropping off the radar again since the last international window. Gielnik too but she has never really been a standout player and is probably retiring after the World Cup. To say none of them have been doing well is a bit much imo.

Catley has been putting in good performances for Arsenal and was vital for them having to fill in at CB during their defender injury crisis.
Fowler and Raso have also been decent when given the opportunity at Man City. Kennedy is only coming back from injury but seems to have done alright in the few games she's played so far as well.
Arnold has been pretty good for West Ham too this season, before and after her recent injury.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

why are they staying her isnt far http://rydges-south-bank.brisbane-hotels.net/en/ ? for wc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Somebody notice Kyah comments on Faye's most newist insta maybe means Faye is going to Australia for Xmas. How long do we think they are a couple for ??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone who follows Emma Checker closely notice anything amiss between her and her old galpal? I just checked her profile after a while of not keeping up with her but I noticed she's taken the 💍 out of her insta bio which she'd had there consistently for a long time when I still followed her more.
Now her and that woman are still following each other but her removing that engaged emoji just has me wondering has anyone noticed anything a bit off?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is anyone else kind of worried that the fall out from the alm melb derby is going to fuck over the dub? i'm seeing a lot of super negative spec about how yesterdays shitshow has probs changed soccer in australia for the worse :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who could have seen this coming when they announced it was going to be all streaming for the dub :eyeroll:
APL are a bunch of complete fuckwits who make Football Australia's handling of the leagues look good in hindsight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 13:30
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 12:57
I watched it on youtube. Great game from the Mathildas. Happy for them after the last losses. Will Ellie and Alanna be back from injury for the WC?

Any "congrats" tweets from the " biggest false" Mathilda fans?. :nails:
It does feel like things are looking up for them a bit, the team dynamic seems to be clicking and part of that might be the midfield actually working. Both Ellie and Alanna should be back for the World Cup. I think that Alanna will probably be back playing pretty soon and Ellie is due to return to playing around February (I think?).

I have most of the usual critics (i.e. LDV associates) blocked or muted but the bald male pundit (I've forgotten his name lol) who always trashes Tony and the team managed to be positive for once. I've seen a few people who have previously been critical giving credit to Tony.

I've also seen some Swedish fans annoyed at Tony for celebrating the goals and win because it was against his home country. Like?? This is a big win for the team and him as a coach, it's really not a big deal
I see Sam Lewis aka Battle Dinosaur gushing about the 'kids' stepping up. People forget Carpenter is also only 22. Everything is 'expected' of her, even with the injury comeback. I say let her recover and see where she is at rather than all this unnecessary speculation. Oh and here's the 'kid's' actual ages:
Micah 25
Vine 24
Wheeler 24
Grant 21
Cooney Cross 20
Nevin 20
Just saw this twitter account and found this tweet and remembered someone being annoying about this great journo calling some players kids so yea this crazy person posts here. Just be careful everyone they're not well mentally as you can see from their whole account. They have other accounts like defamationwatc1 and userr8ed. They also attack cately for being a friend of beth because they take the side of ellie and daan so they are no better really than the ellie and daan hater they are calling out