Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:05
anyone know why Daoust is not on the roster?
Surprised to also see R. Johnston left off. I miss the era of her dating Decker lol

Emi088
Reactions: 6

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 23:27
dadou wrote:
Surprised to also see R. Johnston left off. I miss the era of her dating Decker lol
Daoust and Johnny were listed as "invited, but enable to attend". Same thing for Spooner (pregnant), Fortino, Lacquette and Thompson.

Saulnier is left off, though. She was at the training camp but didn't make the team.
Last edited by Emi088 on 18 Aug 2022, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
13 Aug 2022, 18:46
Pretty sure Sam & Karrell are dating!

Sam’s mom tagged them in this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChDWPryl ... MyMTA2M2Y=
I'm still not sure about them, tbh. It could also be a beautiful friendship, quite simply! Very hard to tell!

MCB
Reactions: 56

Post by MCB »

Ladies, any of you knows if the women's world will be streamed? Or how can we watch the games?

TIA

MCB

Post by MCB »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Does anyone know why Daoust is not on the roster?
Speaking of Decker, I think she is seeing someone. Bellamy tagged her with 2 other girls, and only one of them is followed by Decker and Bellamy. Lol. Let's see if that girl shows up again in the future.

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

MCB wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 14:23
Ladies, any of you knows if the women's world will be streamed? Or how can we watch the games?

TIA
In Canada, you'll be able to watch the games on TSN and RDS!

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

MCB wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 14:26
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Does anyone know why Daoust is not on the roster?
Speaking of Decker, I think she is seeing someone. Bellamy tagged her with 2 other girls, and only one of them is followed by Decker and Bellamy. Lol. Let's see if that girl shows up again in the future.
Yep, pretty sure she's dating this girl! Not the one who is followed by Bellamy, though. The other one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 01:59
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Daoust and Johnny were listed as "invited, but enable to attend". Same thing for Spooner (pregnant), Fortino, Lacquette and Thompson.

Saulnier is left off, though. She was at the training camp but didn't make the team.
Daoust turned it down due to taking a coaching job, Thompson is attending med school, Spoons is preggo, Johnny declined. A bit surprised Saulnier didn't make it but maybe using the opportunity to transition younger players. Missing Daoust and Thompson are particularly big losses and Spooner is a big time leader for Canada. Makes room for the skilled players to do their thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emily Clark is so adorable and recently out. That smile :wub:

MCB

Post by MCB »

I miss the news. Why is Ambrose out? She is in Denmark, right?

Meanwhile, is Nieminen out for this game?

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

MCB wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 17:28

Ambrose was injured during the game against the United States (I don't know how bad it is, though). Nieminen got a major penalty and a game misconduct for her dirty hit on O'Neill.

MCB

Post by MCB »

Emi088 wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 18:58
MCB wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 17:28

Ambrose was injured during the game against the United States (I don't know how bad it is, though). Nieminen got a major penalty and game misconduct for her dirty hit on O'Neill.
Thank you for your reply. I found out that Canada played against the USA beginning of this week in Denmark behind closed doors. So, that must be the game where Ambrose was injured :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 22:38
Emily Clark is so adorable and recently out. That smile :wub:
Does anyone know if she is single or has a girlfriend?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“With the PHF, Decker is looking at her future off the ice, and she told The Athletic on Friday that her on-ice future is up in the air. She recently turned down an invite to the U.S. training camp ahead of the 2022 IIHF Women’s World Championship, which began Thursday in Denmark.”

https://justwomenssports.com/premier-ho ... er-hiring/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Canada won again. Surprise... 008

stellavander
Reactions: 1

Post by stellavander »

With Decker now advising the PHF, I am wondering how this plays out with her old PWHPA comrades. And whether this might prevent her from ever coming back to play on the US National Team. I can imagine that many of her old friends are really ticked off at Decker.

MCB 2
Reactions:

Post by MCB 2 »

Guest wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 19:58
Canada won again. Surprise... 008
As a neutral, it was an even final! Jenner's 2 shots were beautiful and lucky (from a very small angle) at the same time!

I was impressed by the aggressiveness of Team USA. I haven't seen them like this for a very long time. And I feel like it is the beginning of the new wave of talents for team USA. When they gelled more and more clinical, they'll be able to beat Canada.

Also, ARD was incredible in that final. She just proved herself to be one of the best goalies. Calm and beautiful to watch. Remind me of Rätty.

Looking forward to next year, when Finland is part of group B and Hungary is in group A. It will be much more closer games to watch.

MCB

Post by MCB »

stellavander wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 23:19
With Decker now advising the PHF, I am wondering how this plays out with her old PWHPA comrades. And whether this might prevent her from ever coming back to play on the US National Team. I can imagine that many of her old friends are ticked off at Decker.
I haven't paid attention to team USA, but I thought they are now calling players from PHF as well.

I am not blaming Decks for joining PHF. I think she starts to think about her retirement, and seems all of her friends, Duggan, and Bellamy are now "kind of" supporting PHF.

But yeah, it will be interesting to see if she gets called by the team USA again. I think she would, as she is still one of the best talents they have.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:28
stellavander wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 23:19
With Decker now advising the PHF, I am wondering how this plays out with her old PWHPA comrades. And whether this might prevent her from ever coming back to play on the US National Team. I can imagine that many of her old friends are ticked off at Decker.
I haven't paid attention to team USA, but I thought they are now calling players from PHF as well.

I am not blaming Decks for joining PHF. I think she starts to think about her retirement, and seems all of her friends, Duggan, and Bellamy are now "kind of" supporting PHF.

But yeah, it will be interesting to see if she gets called by the team USA again. I think she would, as she is still one of the best talents they have.
Bellamy is more than just “kind of” supporting PHF! She started working for PHF before Decker did - https://www.premierhockeyfederation.com ... -relations

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I choose this tweet cause he is asking the same question as me. Why was Gabel cut from Hockey Canada? I thought she was great the previous year when she played with HC. Was it a personal decision or the management's decision?

Also, I think Boston pride is a good team to play (based on the players they have). So, I am happy to see her play more regularly. Although, I feel like, she chooses to play with Pride cause she knows she'll never be on the call list for HC anymore.

Guest 98
Reactions:

Post by Guest 98 »

COME ON U.S. WOMEN'S HOCKEY TEAM, DO BETTER!! Lamoureux Twins and Marvin are no longer in your team to help you win gold! Do fucking better or get fucked!!

MCB

Post by MCB »

One of the greatest retired.

I watched her holding the net in the final against the USA in 2019, and what a performance that night!

1 Image

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Nobody's talking about this?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFAvAtcK/
1 Image

MCB

Post by MCB »

Emi088 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 04:49

Awwww :heart: :heart:

Edit:
After watching the video once more, I just realized that the wording is in present and that girl is not Emard. OMG!
Who is she? A comment in TikTok said she is Brittany Bowe? Brittany Bowe is sexy!

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

This is definitely Brittany Bowe. I can't believe almost no one recognized her. I know speed skating is not super popular, but still, she's one of the more famous American female athletes in this sport. In same time there is only two rinks in United States, so the public attention and number of skaters is pretty limited, even if thank to Erin's gold medal at the last Olympics, the interest toward this sport has increased. But for a country as large as the United States, 2 rinks is nothing. Netherland in comparison has 8.
Girls like Jutta Leerdam could be amazing ambassador of this sport, she has like more than 3 millions of followers on IG, but she's more focused on selling her image than her sport. Understandable, but not very helpful. I wish girls like Brittany and Erin got more spotlight, specially Erin. She's so cool. The girl studied materials science and engineering, piloted a jet force and won a gold medal and you can definitely feel her love for speed skating. She reminds me so much of Christina Birch or Jessica Watkins and god knows I absolutely adore Watkins. Thought, contrary to them, I don't think Erin is queer. No one is perfect I guess.

Anyway, last week Hilary and Brittany were invited to the Teams 22 in Oklahoma City, Hilary had a panel the 25th and Brittany a talk the day after, and me all candidly told her "how Brittany Bowe's talk is scheduled the 26th and yours the 25th. I totally want both of you together <3" and knowing who I am, she probably thought that once more I found out who her new girlfriend was and then had posted this video... :blinkwide: :bigcry:
Amazing...

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

for the ones interested :

Beijing Women's 500m (Brittany gave her spot to Erin and Erin won the gold)

Beijing Women's 1000m (Brittany won the bronze)

Beijing Women's 1500m (Brittany ended up 10th)
https://olympics.com/en/video/women-s-1 ... 22-replays

Speed staking is rather fun to watch (though I usually prefer the short-track), more particularly the 1000m and 1500m. 3000m is alright, but 5000m is pretty dull (at least in my opinion) since the gap of time between the competitors can be huge and basically we already know who's going to win way before the race is over. In same time, this is a very predictable sport. It usually took me only a couple of seconds to figure out who's going to win the race before its start and I'm right like 19/20, but at least with the 500m, 1000m and 1500m there is always a doubt until the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MockOrange. wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 14:36
This is definitely Brittany Bowe. I can't believe almost no one recognized her. I know speed skating is not super popular, but still, she's one of the more famous American female athletes in this sport. In same time there is only two rinks in United States, so the public attention and number of skaters is pretty limited, even if thank to Erin's gold medal at the last Olympics, the interest toward this sport has increased. But for a country as large as the United States, 2 rinks is nothing. Netherland in comparison has 8.
Girls like Jutta Leerdam could be amazing ambassador of this sport, she has like more than 3 millions of followers on IG, but she's more focused on selling her image than her sport. Understandable, but not very helpful. I wish girls like Brittany and Erin got more spotlight, specially Erin. She's so cool. The girl studied materials science and engineering, piloted a jet force and won a gold medal and you can definitely feel her love for speed skating. She reminds me so much of Christina Birch or Jessica Watkins and god knows I absolutely adore Watkins. Thought, contrary to them, I don't think Erin is queer. No one is perfect I guess.

Anyway, last week Hilary and Brittany were invited to the Teams 22 in Oklahoma City, Hilary had a panel the 25th and Brittany a talk the day after, and me all candidly told her "how Brittany Bowe's talk is scheduled the 26th and yours the 25th. I totally want both of you together <3" and knowing who I am, she probably thought that once more I found out who her new girlfriend was and then had posted this video... :blinkwide: :bigcry:
Amazing...
Aw, that’s cool that you talked to Hilary. Were you there for work? You must be in her orbit, so to speak! :)

With Hilary being kinda absent from social media for a bit there and then buying the house in Minnesota and not being in LA much anymore, I had wondered if her and the Frenchie (not Emard or Lacasse) had broken up. This confirms it!

MCB

Post by MCB »

MockOrange. wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 14:36
This is definitely Brittany Bowe. I can't believe almost no one recognized her. I know speed skating is not super popular, but still, she's one of the more famous American female athletes in this sport. At the same time, there are only two rinks in the United States, so the public attention and number of skaters are pretty limited, even if thanks to Erin's gold medal at the last Olympics, the interest in this sport has increased. But for a country as large as the United States, 2 rinks is nothing. Netherlands in comparison has 8.

Amazing...
For some reason, I thought Brittany Bowe is much older than Hil, which was wrong. They are the same age! :blinkwide: :wub:

So happy for both of them. Especially Hil. Bowe is pretty much open with her relationship in the past, but I think this is Hil's first openly rs with a girl. :heart:

MCB

Post by MCB »

Ehm, I just would like to bring this movie to your attention, cause it looks like my dreams come true :lol:

from Variety: "a drama about the blossoming love between ice-hockey player Mira and her new teammate Theresa"

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/trib ... 235289118/

I have no idea when will it be released and when can we see it. But looks very interesting!
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 04:49

Funny. I wonder why she didn't want to date an athlete anymore

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Guest wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 21:29
Aw, that’s cool that you talked to Hilary. Were you there for work? You must be in her orbit, so to speak! :)

With Hilary being kinda absent from social media for a bit there and then buying the house in Minnesota and not being in LA much anymore, I had wondered if her and the Frenchie (not Emard or Lacasse) had broken up. This confirms it!
oh my god, no. It was just a random comment over her IG story. I work in the art industry. My stuff is more art galleries, museums, auctions houses and art fairs than training centers or sport events, though I mostly work from home with my computer.

By the way, I seriously doubt that she bought that house in Minnesota. You don't buy an house like you buy a bag of candies. It normally takes months before the sale transaction is officially completed. She already has one in Sun Valley, and when she lived in LA with her ex she had no reason to buy another one in Minnesota. And honestly I'm not sure a lot of female hockey players can afford to buy two houses all by themselves with the money they make (unless maybe they rent one of them and the tenant pays). Her new house is more likely a rent.
From my understanding, she moved there like a couple of months ago, before she got her dogs back, and she now roommate with Savannah Harmon who's probably the one with dog-sits her dogs when she's not home (at least when they don't play together).
Brittany might be there from time to time, but since there is only two speed staking rinks in United States, one in Salt Lake City (where Brittany trains), and the other in Milwaukee, I'm not sure how often they see each other.

I wish I could spend the entire hour gossiping, but I doubt this is a very good idea, so I'm going to stop here. :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone planning to go to Rivalry Series games? I’ll be at the Seattle one 🙂

MCB

Post by MCB »

:heart: Look at Bowe wearing Hil's jersey in the game at Seattle :wub:
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Btw, Melo doesn't take part in Rivalry Series nor the PWHPA, right? She seems to enjoy her time with her son.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just saw Emard’s Valentine’s Day Snapchat story about Sam, Jill’s ex. I guess that confirms they’re an item!

MCB

Post by MCB »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 01:21
Just saw Emard’s Valentine’s Day Snapchat story about Sam, Jill’s ex. I guess that confirms they’re an item!
Awww! Good for them! :heart:
I also love Hil's valentine insta post :heart: happy to see her so open and content now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any idea if amanda kessel is dating anyone? I have been following her and keller's podcast, the way they look at each other is kinda different.

Deyn
Reactions:

Post by Deyn »

MCB wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 03:03
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 01:21
Awww! Good for them! :heart:
I also love Hil's valentine insta post :heart: happy to see her so open and content now
They were together since july/august. And both are wearing gold rings now. Bbowe doesnt wear one before hk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who is open/sus in hockey?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't really been following hockey for a couple years, but saw this..... Anyone know what's been up with Decker the last couple years?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is so sweet, from Kacey Bellamy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 15:54
Any idea if amanda kessel is dating anyone? I have been following her and keller's podcast, the way they look at each other is kinda different.
I think she’s with a girl. Not keller tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any one watch the frozen 4? Those last 2 games were awesome!! Really good Hockey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like Sarah Nurse and Abby Roque are dating! Unexpected couple, but cute :))

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What makes you think that they are dating???
Amanda Kessel is definitely dating a girl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Daoust retired from international hockey?

stellavander
Reactions: 1

Post by stellavander »

I was going to ask the same question about Melodie. What's going on with her? I think she is still with Bunton. But what is preventing her from playing in the Worlds? Did she get cut from the team?

Also, I miss having Saulnier on the ice.

By the way, I hope that the USA has been practicing taking penalty shots because that was not a great look for us in the shootout against Canada.

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

Yeah I am wondering about Melo too, at first I thought she was taking a break to start her new job but it' a really long break .
:tinfoil:

MCB

Post by MCB »

I think Melo is enjoying her domestic life and her new job as head coach. It is unfortunate that she hasn't played for NT since the Olympics, but maybe she feels she has won enough with NT? I somehow think it is good that new talents keep playing for Canada!

Also, looking t Hillary with the C, I feel like I have reached full circle and am old. Lol. Watching her from the silly new girl under Chuey's wing to now. Lol.