1 Image

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 17:08
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:27
it's funny that the ni women's team is probably more inclusive than the ireland team at nt level since they have a mix of protestants and catholics you wouldn't get them singing something so blatantly alienating to one side. it's a shame that i've seen a few ni fans around the women's football space seriously lose a bit of respect for ireland who they would have been happy enough to support at the wc with no ni there before this mess. that's how messes like this unfortunately make things go backwords :/
They haven’t had issues on the women’s side as far as I know but two NI men’s players were suspended last month after videos emerged of them making sectarian comments (one nationalist, one loyalist). I think the women’s team is much more balanced in terms of having a mix of Protestant and Catholic players than the men’s. And Catholic players (including the captain) don’t sing the national anthem but they do link arms with their teammates.
It’s not like the song they sang glorified the fucking provos. It’s connection to Celtic FC has been completed overlooked and the whole thing is overblown. Kind of goes to show that the scars of centuries of violence, subjugation, that led to sectarian conflict, isn’t just magically healed a quarter of a century yet.

The irony is that one sky news presenter will be rocking a poppy will and has most likely worn a poppy around without any irony. How many English players have sang Rule Britannia? This whole thing is ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 15:56
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 15:43
Sweden is over ranked. They are absolutely
Not better than Germany or England.
But the ranking is based on a lot of games going back. Sweden had a good world cup 19 and good olympics. The system has a lot of inertia, takes a long time to change. For example the US are still 1st and they just two games. But if teams are not correctly ranked, the system will correct itself in time. For example, let’s say Germany is indeed better than Sweden. But the ranking system says they are not. So they will get more points for beating them compared to if they were ”correctly” ranked.

Seems Sweden got the second spot back from beating France by three goals, goal difference makes a difference too. Germany dropped 5 points which seems a bit harsh since they won all their games since the Euros? Maybe beating Turkey by only 3 goals made them lose a few points, they are ranked 67th.
Inertia. Exactly. Men's ranking is much more dynamic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Block wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 17:29
Hell yeah, finally :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 17:26
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 17:12
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 11:53
I didn't know Lucy was romantic, serenading 😌
You can't just tell us this without any details 👀

I think someone is trying to get a reaction… it’s absolutely probably nothing
I was talking because I was surprised by the comments talking about her I thought she was more closed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 09:28
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 23:44
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 23:27
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 22:56
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 22:52
So apparently the Irish team was singing a sectarian chant after their win and it was caught when one of them when live. It's a song that celebrates the Irish Republican Army (the IRA) who murdered hundreds of innocent civilians among others during the period known as the Troubles and still exists in a fractured form today. No place for that in today's society from so-called role models.
No apparently about it :gaypimp: OOH AH UP THE RA
celebrating terrorists isn't a great look and sports teams/players in the north get sanctioned and fined for shit like this on both sides. as someone with a lot of family in the north where most people were affected this shit ain't that funny to them. it's about as funny as yanks creating a shot called an 'irish car bomb' 😐

the ira as it exists today are a scourge on their local communities, on the people they say they support, as are all the loyalist gangs. nothing but thugs selling drugs, doling out punishment beatings, and holding society back by breeding bitterness generation after generation.

all of those players are very far removed from the realities of what supporting the ira really means since afaik none of them are from the north, especially those born in england and the usa. they would do best to educate themselves and leave politics out of it instead of trying to be edgy by bring out the wolfe tones.
Da I think two Northern Ireland men’s players were just suspended the last camp for being caught making sectarian comments (one nationalist, one loyalist). It’s still very much a reality in the north and while I know the players were celebrating and singing a Celtic chant (which is rife enough with sectarianism), it’s still not a good look for them especially when there are thousands of families in the north both Protestant and Catholic and in other places around the world who have been affected IRA terrorism. They’re very far removed from it, like you pointed out particularly the ones from England and the US. I didn’t appreciate it at all.
Very bad look for them but it being women's football I doubt they will be called out or sanctioned for it.
Begone with your whole “women get away with things men don’t” narrative. They were called out and will face punishment over a silly chant when the English sing rule Britannia when they are responsible for so many atrocities throughout the world.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... ira-chant/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 17:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
it's funny that the ni women's team is probably more inclusive than the ireland team at nt level since they have a mix of protestants and catholics you wouldn't get them singing something so blatantly alienating to one side. it's a shame that i've seen a few ni fans around the women's football space seriously lose a bit of respect for ireland who they would have been happy enough to support at the wc with no ni there before this mess. that's how messes like this unfortunately make things go backwords :/
They haven’t had issues on the women’s side as far as I know but two NI men’s players were suspended last month after videos emerged of them making sectarian comments (one nationalist, one loyalist). I think the women’s team is much more balanced in terms of having a mix of Protestant and Catholic players than the men’s. And Catholic players (including the captain) don’t sing the national anthem but they do link arms with their teammates.
It’s not like the song they sang glorified the fucking provos. It’s connection to Celtic FC has been completed overlooked and the whole thing is overblown. Kind of goes to show that the scars of centuries of violence, subjugation, that led to sectarian conflict, isn’t just magically healed a quarter of a century yet.

The irony is that one sky news presenter will be rocking a poppy will and has most likely worn a poppy around without any irony. How many English players have sang Rule Britannia? This whole thing is ridiculous.
Considering that the most celebrated holiday in the world is Independence from England’s colonial rule, there’s gonna be songs at their expense. But they can’t handle that, it hurts their wee feelings.

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 192

Post by Block »

Hamraoui has been registered by PSG in the UWCL squad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The song maybe doesn't glorify the provos - but a dressing room full of players chanting Oh Ah Up The Ra in full voice sure does. The fact that they were all at it surprised me tbh - shocking poor lapse in judgement, but hey, I guess its all down to the "Irish culture" -

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wonder who she’s in the hammock with?

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 192

Post by Block »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not surprised it's a McCabe fangirl who defends glorifying terrorists. Makes it obvious when they make a trollish post then immediately post a big photo of her. Pathetic. I bet they don't even really support Ireland, probably just some Arsenal stan who latched on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da and non arsenal fan here
I suggest you never waltz into an Irish pub when they’ve won any match then. This song has lost all its original meaning and has turned into a victory song.
I shall pen a new chant called Fragile English Tears

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Had a discussion with friend on England goat and we both agree bronze is now England goat over Kelly smith , even if talent wise Kelly was incredible
Thought? I’m base on the accomplishments of Lucy and what she meant for the teams she won

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 05:56
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 23:29
So uhhh is that Oberdorf's gf in her stories :hudoin:
I saw that and wondered who Fiona was?. The fact Oberdorf reposted. Can't be that pissed! :hudoin: Is she even a player?. Very pretty girl

Does someone new if its her girlfriend?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:21
Not surprised it's a McCabe fangirl who defends glorifying terrorists. Makes it obvious when they make a trollish post then immediately post a big photo of her. Pathetic. I bet they don't even really support Ireland, probably just some Arsenal stan who latched on.
Your posts will be deleted in 3, 2, 1...

Love,
Arsenal mod

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:28
Had a discussion with friend on England goat and we both agree bronze is now England goat over Kelly smith , even if talent wise Kelly was incredible
Thought? I’m base on the accomplishments of Lucy and what she meant for the teams she won
I don’t know if I’d call her goat but I do think she’s woefully under appreciated

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:29
Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 05:56
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 23:29
So uhhh is that Oberdorf's gf in her stories :hudoin:
I saw that and wondered who Fiona was?. The fact Oberdorf reposted. Can't be that pissed! :hudoin: Is she even a player?. Very pretty girl

Does someone new if its her girlfriend?
*know

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

someone is talking but don't know who
https://instagram.com/stories/lucybronz ... JmNzVkMjY=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 00:43
Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 20:08
I am a roord fan and i thought jill and ingrid were a cute couple, but jill is with jana now and they both are liking ingrid posts lately, they went out all together when jill was at the barca match. Move on, they both did. I think that jill and jana are more suited to each other.
I always got the vibe that Ingrid ended things bc of the distance…but I guess maybe not.
I do too. Especially after their interaction before their UWCL match up last season. You could see Jill joking about something and Ingrid’s reaction was almost like she did feel bad and Jill immediately comforting and laughing a bit as to say we’re all good.
Also Ingrid had a hard time last year adjusting to Barca and hardly making minutes so she may as well had to make the decision to fully focus on her football and the place she’s at rather than also having to put a lot of energy in building/maintaining a relationship with someone abroad. Im not one for drama but I could see them getting close again if they ever do end up at Barca at the same time, especially as Jill’s also always been close to Rolfo. Although it’s likely Ingrid is leaving before that ever happens.
I'm sure Engen would choose Roord over Mapi if she had the choice. They are similar. Same vibe. Same instagram posts. But Jill is clearly into Jana.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I suggest you never waltz into an Irish pub when they’ve won any match then. This song has lost all its original meaning and has turned into a victory song.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:18

Jana shoes, see jana's ig post in England

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:18

It’s a bit brainer that it’s Jana. She has the same sneakers and white pants.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jana is super hot so of course Roord would choose her.

No way is Bronze the England GOAT. That’s still Smith. Bronze is great but not even the MVP of this current iteration of the Lionesses (that would be Walsh and second possibly Williamson).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there any decent player left at ARSEnal? lolz

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Without doubt.Bronze might not be the most skillful player but she basically redefined the fullback position in women’s game (my personally opinion, feel free to disagree). On her best day, she’s a LB, LW and LM all in one. It’s like having 2 extra players on the field. Trophies and awards definitely adds to that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reconciliation starts with the coloniser. Literally nobody is shocked but you. There’s no love after suffering under colonial rule and people remember. So we sing songs, get over it. This is the craic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:42
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:30
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 14:59
Ballon dor winner know early when they won it , who u think won? And anyone expect the top 3 to attend?
Alexia, even though I think someone like Renard deserves it more this year. Don’t come for me! Just an opinion. Alexia is a great player too. The winner will attend. The others I don’t think so, because there’s Champions League football on Wednesday and Thursday.
Don't Barcelona have UWCL match like everyone else?

But the fact she is going seems to imply she has won again, otherwise why go.
Free marketing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Without doubt.Bronze might not be the most skillful player but she basically redefined the fullback position in women’s game (my personally opinion, feel free to disagree). On her best day, she’s a LB, LW and LM all in one. It’s like having 2 extra players on the field. Trophies and awards definitely adds to that
I agree. Like the other person said, massively underappreciated too. I think when she does retire, they'll really notice it. She has driven the last couple of games in particular.
I think the only player I'd maybe rate higher is Walsh. I like Williamson but I don't rate her like others seem to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I certainly don’t think English media harping on the team and an absurd investigation by Scottish police and UEFA helps matters either. English media asking an Irish woman if she needs to learn more history is the typical condescension of a colonizer nation that doesn’t recognize its own atrocities. The British military supported violent unionist paramilitaries, and committed their own attacks. I simply cannot bring myself to be outraged at the national team singing Celtic symphony especially after they apologized.

The apology should be the end of it. If they get more than a warning and a slap on the wrist, it would be absurd.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
SA. Not an arsenal fan (Madrid) but I know how hypocritical the English are calling people terrorists when they have terrorised half the world for centuries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She plays at the right side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:34
someone is talking but don't know who
https://instagram.com/stories/lucybronz ... JmNzVkMjY=
I think I might be deaf, I can't hear anything but the song

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reconciliation starts with the coloniser. Literally nobody is shocked but you. There’s no love after suffering under colonial rule and people remember. So we sing songs, get over it. This is the craic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 19:02
Guest wrote:
SA. Not an arsenal fan (Madrid) but I know how hypocritical the English are calling people terrorists when they have terrorised half the world for centuries.
If you wanna bring Spain into the colonizing conversation... :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 19:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Being a Madrid fan doesn’t mean I’m from Spain dumb betch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I find it amusing when people lecture other countries about being colonisers and conveniently forget about their own countries history.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 19:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I certainly don’t think English media harping on the team and an absurd investigation by Scottish police and UEFA helps matters either. English media asking an Irish woman if she needs to learn more history is the typical condescension of a colonizer nation that doesn’t recognize its own atrocities. The British military supported violent unionist paramilitaries, and committed their own attacks. I simply cannot bring myself to be outraged at the national team singing Celtic symphony especially after they apologized.

The apology should be the end of it. If they get more than a warning and a slap on the wrist, it would be absurd.
only absurd in your opinion lmao i hope they throw the book at them

silly tw*ts should look up the laws of the country they're in cause scotland takes this issue seriously unlike ireland where glorifying terrorists is apparently something very common and to be proud of after winning a football match

no one to blame for any of this but themselves. instead of people being happy for them a celebrating look at the mess they've created :genius:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I agree. Like the other person said, massively underappreciated too. I think when she does retire, they'll really notice it. She has driven the last couple of games in particular.
I think the only player I'd maybe rate higher is Walsh. I like Williamson but I don't rate her like others seem to.
I’m a massive Walsh fan, partly because I’m a City fan :fool: please win this weekend, But I wouldn’t put her above Bronze at the moment. Bronze is head and shoulders above other fullbacks at her prime, aka her OL days. Walsh is maybe top 3 in her position and there’s obviously improvement to be made in her game, defensive work and versatility. Same goes with Kelly Smith, exceptional but tough competition in her position. Williamson needs more time to get into this conversation, CB tends to prime at older age.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I love this song, I am from Latin America. :shifty:
I was with a Spanish friend yesterday and she said that Spanish people are not white, so when people online refer negatively about white people it didn't include them (she is very white). I sometimes feel Spanish people don't feel like colonisers themselves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 19:04
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. They should take up these offers and listen to these people. Get given a reality check

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/natio ... ts-3877405
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/natio ... arsely-api

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:09
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 15:54
Bonus:
They're just kids :dramaqueen: Stop
DA Moloney was 19. Pathetic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:42
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 16:30
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 14:59
Ballon dor winner know early when they won it , who u think won? And anyone expect the top 3 to attend?
Alexia, even though I think someone like Renard deserves it more this year. Don’t come for me! Just an opinion. Alexia is a great player too. The winner will attend. The others I don’t think so, because there’s Champions League football on Wednesday and Thursday.
Don't Barcelona have UWCL match like everyone else?

But the fact she is going seems to imply she has won again, otherwise why go.
Why would Alexia have to worry about the match? She can't play anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA You have missed the point it's a sectarian song at a football game where it's a crime in Scotland.