Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Reactions:

Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Post by Guest »

I think this girl deserves her own thread, she is out as gay (or bi not sure) and has a hot gf.

Reactions:

Re: Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Post by Guest »

Article from journalist who interviewd her in San Jose yesterday
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Daria Kasatkina has been overwhelmed by the positive reaction from fans after coming out as gay in an interview with a vlogger last month.

"I don't know how the social media filter works, but I've just heard very good things," Kasatkina told WTA Insider at the Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic. "Not just from the west but also people from my country.

"I'm really happy about it. As I saw, it was not just a good thing for me, also it helped other people. That's great and I feel great. I feel happy about it and about myself and that's most important."

Kasatkina said she received the expected messages of support from her close friends after her announcement, but was surprised that so many she did not know well in the player community also reached out.

"I think in tennis, at least with the girls around, we're all very supportive of each other no matter the background or identity," Coco Gauff said. "I don't think there's any judgment when it comes to that.

"I'm grateful that she felt comfortable enough sharing that part of her life. She didn't have to do that. But I can only imagine how many people in her situation feel inspired by that."

Former No.1 Naomi Osaka offered her own words of support and called for even more
Kasatkina said she's felt no change in how she's been treated. Her girlfriend, Olympic figure skater Natalia Zabiiako, has been front and center in her player box this week in San Jose.

"Yeah, I feel more free and happy," she said. "I think I made the right step. With the situation in the world, all this stuff that is tough, when if not now? Let's put everything into the same pool."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She had another girlfriend for 4 years . It seems that she dumped the previous gf for the current one.
The ex gf was even posting that she got her heart broken in Barcelona and that she is leaving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 22:43
She had another girlfriend for 4 years . It seems that she dumped the previous gf for the current one.
The ex gf was even posting that she got her heart broken in Barcelona and that she is leaving.
Pics?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:34
Guest wrote:
Pics?
Go to the tennis thread for all the info. I don't think this thread is necessary.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Pics?
Go to the tennis thread for all the info. I don't think this thread is necessary.
DA A thread for a gay woman is completely necessary on L chat especially considering the amount of straight women threads we get here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:51
Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Pics?
DA A thread for a gay woman is completely necessary on L chat especially considering the amount of straight women threads we get here
:blow:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her gf really butched up in the last year or so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The funny thing is I knew who her girlfriend was from casually following figure skating, but I didn't recognize her at all initially. Quite the big change in style as the anon above pointed out, but she's still very good looking, even though I personally preferred her old look.

As for Dasha - I'm terribly curious about her old bff that many people suspected was her girlfriend, even before Dasha came out officially. Were they really dating? Why did they broke up? Questions, questions lol. They still follow each other for what it's worth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 12:28
Her gf really butched up in the last year or so.
Hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kinda find it annoying her gf always makes some faces while taking pics, I want to see her just smiling or just looking normal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Respect to her for speaking against war in Ukraine. Plus she came out. Now she's an enemy in her homeland.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eek going to a third set against Sabalenka...come on!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her second serve is atrocious, but I reckon her overall endurance has improved a lot in the last year or so. I remember earlier in her career when she looked toast in basically every relatively long match. Now physically she looks better than ever. I really wish she'd find a way to improve the serve though. It doesn't have to be Isner like, but at least make it non suicidal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dasha was able the defend her points from last year and now she is the 3rd best player of 2022 on the WTA Race, right after Swiatek and Jabeur.
If she wins the final, she's back in the Top10 on the regular rankings too.

Beat Rybakina, Townsend, Sabalenka and Badosa since her coming out. Not bad...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seeing this and other similar videos of them, I'm now quite convinced that Lina Shokh kept her in the closet and maybe Kasatkina got tired of that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think someone hit the nail in the coffin in the tennis thread and I'm willing to go with this theory about Lina. Or in short - Lina is obviously highly dependant on her parents for money. This isn't judgement from my side, but it's quite obvious she doesn't work while being able to live/visit some of the most expensive cities in Europe, so considering she'll be nowhere without the financial support of her parents, then they probably have high influence over her life. Her father is rich and influential enough figure in Russia, so even if he isn't personally a raging homophobe, it's easy to imagine that in Russia it won't reflect well on him, if his daughter is dating a high profile female tennis player.

And I definitely remember Dasha trying to appear as more of a hetty before lol. I don't mean lookwise, but there was this interview on Russian television a few years ago where she was talking about relationships between WTA and ATP players and the gay angle in WTA was only mentioned as sort of a nudge like "uh, you gotta share locker room with lesbians". Day and night compared to the openess we witness now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🥰

Anonymous1428
Reactions:

Post by Anonymous1428 »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 03:32
🥰

so happy to see this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cuties :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not to sound creepy but Natalia seems to me like she is good in bed. :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They're absolutely gorgeous together and everything I dreamed of when I was a young tennis fan :lol: I'm too young to remember properly when Amelie Mauresmo was going around with her girlfriend and I feel like the ultra homophobia she/they faced made Mauresmo tone it down and protect her personal life more by the time I was grown enough to comprehend things. After this the gay players were barely top players and even the very obviously gay ones weren't properly out, so this is like heaven. Top player who is gay, open, charming, cute and I can go on. I almost wish I wasn't Dasha's age, but in my teen years and being capable to fully emerge myself in the fangirling lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 09:14
Seeing this and other similar videos of them, I'm now quite convinced that Lina Shokh kept her in the closet and maybe Kasatkina got tired of that.

I think the same, Tartakova actually said after they suspended her that Daria wanted to tell the truth for a long time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

also, which of you Bertas did post that Dasha looks like shes a lesbian on the Insta of that WTA photographer? :lol: He deleted that one very quickly too.
DA OMG which of you all did it? Which pic, the one showing her ring? :lol:
DA Hahaha, that’s kinda cute from BFF. I hope she comforted Dasha real hard tonight after that loss to Masha :angel:

Posts from August 2018 in the old forum.
December 2018
Family's rich, that's how she can afford that lifestyle.

Kasatkina is fairly smart so she knows what to say. She's super outgoing and friends with pretty much everyone on tour and yet she supposedly can't find a boyfriend? Yeah right.. also, while I've seen straight girls being close as friends I've never seen it in that degree. they're together all the time, one of them is very hot, the other super personable and both of them have been single for years, supposedly. right lol.

Don't get distracted by what Kasatkina says, judge her by her actions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalia was hot af with long hair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s amazing to see how much coming out has impacted her in a good way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Homophobic Russian ''Karens'' are seething about Natalia in their figure skating forums.
There were some weird posts months ago( calling her a man and etc) so maybe they already knew what's up because of the change in her appearance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How long have they been dating?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:20
judging by social media since november-december
Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:16
Homophobic Russian ''Karens'' are seething about Natalia in their figure skating forums.
There were some weird posts months ago( calling her a man and etc) so maybe they already knew what's up because of the change in her appearance.
are you reading fso? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 19:50
Hotter with short hair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:29
Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:20
judging by social media since november-december
Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:16
are you reading fso? :nervous:
yes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She just cut her hair. Doesn't mean she's a man :eyeroll:
Or "butched up" :eyeroll:
She still looks gorgeous

They look great together. V happy for Daria and this relationship is doing great for her tennis ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:32
Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 19:50
Hotter with short hair.
I like femmes, but I totally agree that she is hotter with short hair

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The 25-year-old Kasatkina did say that she new the questions about her girlfriend would be asked in the initial coming out interview. The WTA player said:
“I was a little bit nervous, but as soon as the question came up, I answered without any hesitation. Sooner or later it had to happen and I’m glad that it happened now. I feel very good with myself right now. Now I feel like kind of free and I have nothing to hide and feels great.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dasha is already in Cincinnati.

Her hair looks interesting in this picture:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It seems like Natalia is not going to come back to figure-skating for now and from now on, she will travel with Team Kasatkina everywhere.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 21:31
It seems like Natalia is not going to come back to figure-skating for now and from now on, she will travel with Team Kasatkina everywhere.

We already know that. She asked Canada to stop the transfer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Daria "where do you fly to?"
Natalia "into the players box or lounge"

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If you read the comments under Dasha's photo and translate the Russian ones, you might be surprised that - while there are a few very mean ones (like "go to the US, that's where lesbians belong, don't come back to Russia" and similar ones) - but the overwhelming majority of the these Russian comments are very supportive and still cheering for Daria. I'm happy that it seems like more Russians still like her despite of her interview. No one wants to be hated by their home country's people.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 11:40
I think someone hit the nail in the coffin in the tennis thread and I'm willing to go with this theory about Lina. Or in short - Lina is obviously highly dependant on her parents for money. This isn't judgement from my side, but it's quite obvious she doesn't work while being able to live/visit some of the most expensive cities in Europe, so considering she'll be nowhere without the financial support of her parents, then they probably have high influence over her life. Her father is rich and influential enough figure in Russia, so even if he isn't personally a raging homophobe, it's easy to imagine that in Russia it won't reflect well on him, if his daughter is dating a high profile female tennis player.

And I definitely remember Dasha trying to appear as more of a hetty before lol. I don't mean lookwise, but there was this interview on Russian television a few years ago where she was talking about relationships between WTA and ATP players and the gay angle in WTA was only mentioned as sort of a nudge like "uh, you gotta share locker room with lesbians". Day and night compared to the openess we witness now.
If they had dated, why would they keep their photos of each other up? Wouldn't they just delete it?

They may still be friends, just more discreetly since Daria is now out. The public would scrutinise her and her friends interactions more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 08:19
Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 11:40

If they had dated, why would they keep their photos of each other up? Wouldn't they just delete it?

They may still be friends, just more discreetly since Daria is now out. The public would scrutinise her and her friends interactions more.
DA They are not friends.

koko
Reactions:

Post by koko »

Guest wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 22:43
Guest wrote:

Well she's retired from figure-skating for some time now. It's quite a short career. After retirement they do exhibitions, choreograph shows but now Russians are banned and she can't really comeback to Russia so she probably will travel with Daria.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 22:15
Guest wrote:

We already know that. She asked Canada to stop the transfer.
Da not all "we" already knew that

Cute that dasha will have such support with her. Shame about andreescu's dramatics. Daria doesn't seem like that sort of player at all, thank god

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Happy birthday Natalia

Reactions:

Post by guest »

guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 15:13
sensitive content??? WTF?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Too bad she lost on her girlfriend's birthday. What is she going to do now until the US open ?
I hope she doesn't flop in the first round there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Andreescu and Anisimova is tough opponents for the first rounds still disappointing a bit.
She needs a good draw at US Open to get some matches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 18:02
Too bad she lost on her girlfriend's birthday. What is she going to do now until the US open ?
I hope she doesn't flop in the first round there.
This was a tough first round. I think she's lost three in a row to AA now, it's just a bad match up for Dasha. I hope she gets an easier first round at the US open. A shame she lost on Natalia's birthday but I guess they can celebrate in style now though!