WNBA - Part III

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anna and Candace watching rocky 4 is hilarious to me lol Candace so extra

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Anna and Candace watching rocky 4 is hilarious to me lol Candace so extra
They are a nice looking couple

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Anna and Candace watching rocky 4 is hilarious to me lol Candace so extra
They are a nice looking couple
x2
plus so many WNBA couples are nothing but drama, and then you have another couple that is boring af. C&A seem like a great balance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thought this chat board was supposed to have more chat? Seems pretty dead to me.
For the five others on this board- Ionescu staying in college. Good for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

most other topics had their main posters migrate here, but somehow everyone on the WNBA board missed the memo. hence why it's dead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish we didn't have to upload images to a host to post them here but anyway I thought these pictures of CP Anna and Lai were really cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Thought this chat board was supposed to have more chat? Seems pretty dead to me.
For the five others on this board- Ionescu staying in college. Good for her.
Initially I wanted her to leave but now that I've had time to think about it I'm glad she stayed. Bring relevance to Oregon. She put them on the map. If she can come back and finish with a title that would be the greatest thing she could have done for that program. Go Ducks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so...who goes 1 overall?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching or is everyone still over at spam? Why would they take Jackie young?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Anyone watching or is everyone still over at spam? Why would they take Jackie young?
As soon as Young came out I saw a bunch of people mocking her 1st overall. I guess they were right but I really don't see why. Laimbeer clearly hates 3 point shooting though so maybe it makes sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There were a lot of exciting players in the draft. I'm really curious to see what their impact will be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor Stewie and Seattle not going back to back anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Poor Stewie and Seattle not going back to back anymore
Did Sue Bird finally retire?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Poor Stewie and Seattle not going back to back anymore
Did Sue Bird finally retire?

Stevie got hurt overseas, there saying it looks like she may have torn her achilles

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is going to be a weird year but I'm all for it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:This is going to be a weird year but I'm all for it
Agree. This season is so fucking up in the air this year, anybody can win. :dance:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder which younger players will step up and who from the draft will do well their rookie year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has there been a legit diagnosis about Stewie? I haven't seen anything definitive yet from the Storm. This is definitely the year for rookies to show out and for some new stars to emerge.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Has there been a legit diagnosis about Stewie?  I haven't seen anything definitive yet from the Storm.  This is definitely the year for rookies to show out and for some new stars to emerge.
Nothing definitive but reports are saying achilles and she's having surgery sometime this week

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Has there been a legit diagnosis about Stewie? I haven't seen anything definitive yet from the Storm. This is definitely the year for rookies to show out and for some new stars to emerge.
Nothing definitive but reports are saying achilles and she's having surgery sometime this week
Damn, well that sucks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Has there been a legit diagnosis about Stewie? I haven't seen anything definitive yet from the Storm. This is definitely the year for rookies to show out and for some new stars to emerge.
Damn, well that sucks.
I hear Achilles are like the most painful and usually long recoveries

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't like how some are trying to put anything on Griner. Stewie fucked up her achilles on the plant way before any contact with Griner.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If anything I actually feel like it was Stewie's fault as she wanted a foul to go to the foul line. You can see her archillie go on her as soon as she jumped before contact was made. I read an article that her dad said she will have surgery in la and her mum is flying out there to help her. She will be out for the season. He said it isn't career ending which is good news.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:If anything I actually feel like it was Stewie's fault as she wanted a foul to go to the foul line. You can see her archillie go on her as soon as she jumped before contact was made.  I read an article that her dad said she will have surgery in la and her mum is flying out there to help her. She will be out for the season. He said it isn't career ending which is good news.
I agree, some of the online article headlines are like she injures her achilles after a collision with Griner. That's just plan false and those saying it need to be called out in the comments. There was a weird angle on her planted right foot that did it. No contact from Griner involved.

Wonder how Seattle will adjust this season without her. This season is going to be so unpredictable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes I know. I was looking forward to the season not so much now thar Seattle won't be at full strength

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Griner will always be painted as a villain because of past play

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

idk how many people ever check this thread but the tea over on the old board is that Candace and Anna might've gotten engaged on Candace's birthday

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:idk how many people ever check this thread but the tea over on the old board is that Candace and Anna might've gotten engaged on Candace's birthday
Whenever I see it pop up I check it, I hate the other format lol but congrats to them!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where have I been? I didn't even know DT was getting surgery

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Where have I been? I didn't even know DT was getting surgery
It was only released today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What do you all think about the Liz trade?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bird is out for the entire season.
So now there's no Bird, no Taurasi, no Stewie, no Maya Moore, and who else am i forgetting?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:What do you all think about the Liz trade?
As a Dallas fan I'm glad to be rid of her especially when she lied during the press conference. She says she sat out all of those seasons because the organization was horrible and they treated her badly. Do you guys believe that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:What do you all think about the Liz trade?
As a Dallas fan I'm glad to be rid of her especially when she lied during the press conference. She says she sat out all of those seasons because the organization was horrible and they treated her badly. Do you guys believe that?
I don't know if she was really bullied or not, but either way i think this situation brings to light that the players really hold the power to make or break the league, because they can easily choose to sit out and play overseas, so unless the league starts to invest in the players, these types of "forced" trades are going to continue

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1136682978216751104

*huge eyeroll*

I wish the wnba would just focus on basketball instead of getting mixed up in the whole pride mess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1136682978216751104

*huge eyeroll*

I wish the wnba would just focus on basketball instead of getting mixed up in the whole pride mess
"pride mess" Bitch really? On a lesbian board?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

*huge eyeroll*

I'm all for celebrating gay people, but the whole "we need to protect trans people!" thing is just ignorant and one of the reasons pride is such a mess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

*huge eyeroll*

I'm all for celebrating gay people, but the whole "we need to protect trans people!" thing is just ignorant and one of the reasons pride is such a mess
Sounded like you meant pride as in gay not trans. If they dont mention trans, they would get in a big mess on social media. you know it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

*huge eyeroll*

Sounded like you meant pride as in gay not trans. If they dont mention trans, they would get in a big mess on social media. you know it.
I wish a major organization would have the guts to disavow trans. I don't support them being endangered but I definitely don't support them being part of our community.

HFri
Reactions:

Post by HFri »

Anyone Here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sparks looked like trash tonight. CP was looking very off and sluggish but her minutes definitely should have been managed better. Mystics looking good this year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Sparks looked like trash tonight. CP was looking very off and sluggish but her minutes definitely should have been managed better. Mystics looking good this year
Wow! I hope you're just a passerby and not a legit fan. The season has barely begun. It's a bit early to be saying the Mystics look good this year. The only team legitimately looking good are the Sun and we've seen that from them before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When does Stewie become a FA?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Sparks looked like trash tonight. CP was looking very off and sluggish but her minutes definitely should have been managed better. Mystics looking good this year
Wow! I hope you're just a passerby and not a legit fan. The season has barely begun. It's a bit early to be saying the Mystics look good this year. The only team legitimately looking good are the Sun and we've seen that from them before.
Nah, I've been a fan for years now and only said they looked like trash tonight, which they did. Also, I meant to say mystics looked good tonight not this year so my bad on that. I'm hoping the sparks can get CP back physically and mentally where she can be but starting her was a mistake

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lmao you're soooooo mad that the sparks are trash. CP ain't doing shit this season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nah, I've been a fan for years now and only said they looked like trash tonight, which they did. Also, I meant to say mystics looked good tonight not this year so my bad on that. I'm hoping the sparks can get CP back physically and mentally where she can be but starting her was a mistake
You are correct and CP3 looked like trash again this time losing to a Birdless and Stewieless Storm team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHJEk-AJZD/
What do you think about this video? The "Not all female athletes are gay" kinda made me cringe. Like if they're supposed to be dispelling bad stereotypes, being gay isn't bad, so...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHJEk-AJZD/ 
What do you think about this video? The "Not all female athletes are gay" kinda made me cringe. Like if they're supposed to be dispelling bad stereotypes, being gay isn't bad, so...
I cringe at a lot but not at that. That is necessary and a lot more of it is necessary so that the huge sport loving dude bro demographic gets their focus out of their pants and starts to take womens sport seriously.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know it's early but who y'all liking for this year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I know it's early but who y'all liking for this year?
Chicago!