Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thread didn't get created during move so here's a new one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LDV not even dressing tonight after the shit she said to her teammates last week. I'm glad she's being punished. Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/ins-ou...d-double-header

Central defender Jenna McCormick will also remain available for selection in the upcoming weeks.

"I'm really thankful to the Adelaide Crows for allowing me to continue to pursue my passion for both Australian Rules Football and soccer," McCormick said.

"It's a huge year for Women's football in Australia and I want to give myself the best possible chance of being involved at a World Cup."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All these fucking ankle injuries!!! EvE the latest one.

https://thewomensgame.com/news/jets-lose-sk...r-season-517711

Newcastle Jets W-League captain Emily van Egmond will miss the remainder of the season after suffering an ankle injury at training yesterday - but the Matilda should be fine for the Women's World Cup

The Matildas vice-captain rolled her ankle in fairly innocuous circumstances at training. Medics found Van Egmond has suffered a badly sprained ankle, in addition to some suspected ligament damage.

Assessments are still being carried out on the midfielder, but at this early stage she is set to be sidelined for the next six weeks ruling her out of the remainder of the Jets 2018/19 campaign.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/ins-ou...d-double-header

Central defender Jenna McCormick will also remain available for selection in the upcoming weeks.

"I'm really thankful to the Adelaide Crows for allowing me to continue to pursue my passion for both Australian Rules Football and soccer," McCormick said.

"It's a huge year for Women's football in Australia and I want to give myself the best possible chance of being involved at a World Cup."
Fabulous! That would be awesome if she made the World Cup side, although I suspect she'd need to get a bit of speed back - faster than alleway and crummer though?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Apparently two Aussies are headed to Spirit (pray for their souls). Thoughts on who it might be? Crummer and ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Apparently two Aussies are headed to Spirit (pray for their souls). Thoughts on who it might be?  Crummer and ?
Could be any number of them really. Logarzo, Gielnik, Heyman, Gorry, Butt, Alleway...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like Raso will be back in the next 2 weeks! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Looks like Raso will be back in the next 2 weeks!  :dance2:
that's great, how did you find out?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Looks like Raso will be back in the next 2 weeks! :dance2:
Here under Roar's roster details for this week.
https://www.w-league.com.au/news/westfield-...outs-round-11-1

.MP3
Reactions: 0

Post by .MP3 »

Since a new thread is being started this is the perfect time for me to dive in from the beginning. Any recs for an American to catch highlights and follow the league? Games will be at weird hours so I probably can't watch live

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

.MP3 wrote:Since a new thread is being started this is the perfect time for me to dive in from the beginning. Any recs for an American to catch highlights and follow the league? Games will be at weird hours so I probably can't watch live
This has channel all the games. Just use a vpn. Opera's built in vpn works for me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHyundaiALeague/videos

.MP3

Post by .MP3 »

Guest wrote:
.MP3 wrote:Since a new thread is being started this is the perfect time for me to dive in from the beginning. Any recs for an American to catch highlights and follow the league? Games will be at weird hours so I probably can't watch live
This has channel all the games. Just use a vpn. Opera's built in vpn works for me.
The games are in the middle of the night where I live though so I'll have to just watch highlights

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

.MP3 wrote:
Guest wrote:
The games are in the middle of the night where I live though so I'll have to just watch highlights
You can watch them anytime you want. They don't delete them. They're all still there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Looks like Raso will be back in the next 2 weeks! :dance2:
Here under Roar's roster details for this week.
https://www.w-league.com.au/news/westfield-...outs-round-11-1
Ooh thanks for the data.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Didn't see the game - wtf happened to Glory??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Apparently two Aussies are headed to Spirit (pray for their souls). Thoughts on who it might be? Crummer and ?
Could be any number of them really. Logarzo, Gielnik, Heyman, Gorry, Butt, Alleway...
I would say Logarzo and maybe Gielnik / Crummer. Alleway went live on her Instagram few months back, and someone were asking whether she will be back playing in nwsl.. and she said, "no.. dont think so.. not anytime sooner."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/ins-ou...d-double-header

Fabulous! That would be awesome if she made the World Cup side, although I suspect she'd need to get a bit of speed back - faster than alleway and crummer though?
This updates made me happy! I've actually been waiting for so long to seeher to be called up by Staj to the Matildas. Because I personally think, Jenna could physically and technically beat Alleway and Crummer. More aggressive play (not that bad type of aggressive), and she is actually a great centre back. Emma Checker too. She is awesome and has been solid with Adelaide Utd this season. And of course, Amy Harrison.. Harro was having a great time with sydney.. but not so sure how Staj would rate her.. I think Staj would pick Gema Simon over Amy Harrison.. Just my personal opinion tho.. ?ó?ÿ???»?¥?Å

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So are EvE and Hill really a thing? Serious cred to EvE if so!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So are EvE and Hill really a thing?  Serious cred to EvE if so!
Well this pic certainly makes it seem so. Glory girls arrived in Newcastle the night before & the next morning she's wearing Hilly's college shirt. Morning after? Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So are EvE and Hill really a thing? Serious cred to EvE if so!
Well this pic certainly makes it seem so. Glory girls arrived in Newcastle the night before & the next morning she's wearing Hilly's college shirt. Morning after? Image

and they were out together the next morning too (after the game) getting coffee which makes it look like hill stayed with emily that night as well.

it's weird though that there were never any signs when they were both in orlando but now there's signs all over the place when they're both in aus but on opposite sides of the country.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

and they were out together the next morning too (after the game) getting coffee which makes it look like hill stayed with emily that night as well.

it's weird though that there were never any signs when they were both in orlando but now there's signs all over the place when they're both in aus but on opposite sides of the country.
But there were signs in Orlando - I remember it was mentioned on the MT a couple of times toward the end of the season - just comments that they were spending a lot of time together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

But there were signs in Orlando - I remember it was mentioned on the MT a couple of times toward the end of the season - just comments that they were spending a lot of time together.
Just went back to tapa & found this from August:

Someone was speculating on their possible relationship but was pretty much shut down coz everyone thought E was still with Huster. Now we know better & something does seem to be going on there. Hopefully they're both still with Pride this season so we can see what happens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just went back to tapa & found this from August:

Someone was speculating on their possible relationship but was pretty much shut down coz everyone thought E was still with Huster. Now we know better & something does seem to be going on there. Hopefully they're both still with Pride this season so we can see what happens.
Hilly is sooo cute!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm so out of the loop..when did EVE break up with Huster? Weren't they together like since EVE was a teenager? But Hill is def an upgrade imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm so out of the loop..when did EVE break up with Huster? Weren't they together like since EVE was a teenager? But Hill is def an upgrade imo.
Sometime during the most recent NWSL season. EvE stayed with Huster for a few days in DC during one mini-break she had early in the season but during the next short break she had, where she could've probably went to see Huster, EvE stayed put in Orlando. And Huster made a new (private) Instagram account towards the end of the season and wasn't following or followed by EvE.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm so out of the loop..when did EVE break up with Huster? Weren't they together like since EVE was a teenager? But Hill is def an upgrade imo.
Sometime during the most recent NWSL season. EvE stayed with Huster for a few days in DC during one mini-break she had early in the season but during the next short break she had, where she could've probably went to see Huster, EvE stayed put in Orlando. And Huster made a new (private) Instagram account towards the end of the season and wasn't following or followed by EvE.
That's sad..they were together for a long time weren't they? They were so low key though that it's not easily known whether they were together or not. I remember thinking EVE was dating her Wolfsburg teammate coz they were spending time together and they traded "flirty" comments on ig..but it turned out she was still with Huster and Sara's straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We're about to lose Staj??

merp

Post by merp »

Hey, thanks to whoever posted that youtube link. For what it's worth, I don't need a vpn for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:We're about to lose Staj??
Lots of articles reporting it now. Saying an official release may come tomorrow. Dumb move imo months out from the World Cup. Really hope this doesn't affect us badly, but we may have just shot ourselves in the foot for winning the WWC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:We're about to lose Staj??
Lots of articles reporting it now. Saying an official release may come tomorrow. Dumb move imo months out from the World Cup. Really hope this doesn't affect us badly, but we may have just shot ourselves in the foot for winning the WWC.
It's not just Staj either. Support staff were mentioned as well. Might mean EvE's dad too which would be awkward. I wonder what players have issues with him? I haven't heard anything about that. Always seemed to be well liked.

Grunchjy
Reactions:

Post by Grunchjy »

Is Boureille dated Polkinghorne?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Matildas facing coaching change months out from World Cup

The Matildas are facing a coaching upheaval months out from the start of their 2019 Women's World Cup campaign with suggestions coach Alen Stajcic and backroom members could part ways with the team.

The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age understand an announcement could take place as early as Saturday on a major in operations of the national team. Sources suggest there has been a rift between some staff members and players recently, with several players shocked to have been summoned to an abrupt team meeting set for next week in Sydney at short notice.

It's understood there is significant conjecture around the future of Stajcic as Matildas coach despite overseeing arguably the most successful period of the national team, with Australia entering the 2019 World Cup as one of the top six nations and a chance to win the title. According to The Australian, Stajcic has reportedly attracted offers from abroad on the back of his performance as coach of Australia.

It's understood there has also been interest from A-League clubs in his services.

FFA chief executive David Gallop made a short comment to The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age on Saturday evening.

"I cannot make any comment other than I can confirm that we are in the process of looking at all aspects of the Matildas preparation in this critical period as we look towards the great opportunity and challenge of being a genuine contender to win the Women's World Cup," Gallop said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Matildas facing coaching change months out from World Cup

The Matildas are facing a coaching upheaval months out from the start of their 2019 Women's World Cup campaign with suggestions coach Alen Stajcic and backroom members could part ways with the team.

The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age understand an announcement could take place as early as Saturday on a major in operations of the national team. Sources suggest there has been a rift between some staff members and players recently, with several players shocked to have been summoned to an abrupt team meeting set for next week in Sydney at short notice.

It's understood there is significant conjecture around the future of Stajcic as Matildas coach despite overseeing arguably the most successful period of the national team, with Australia entering the 2019 World Cup as one of the top six nations and a chance to win the title. According to The Australian, Stajcic has reportedly attracted offers from abroad on the back of his performance as coach of Australia.

It's understood there has also been interest from A-League clubs in his services.

FFA chief executive David Gallop made a short comment to The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age on Saturday evening.

"I cannot make any comment other than I can confirm that we are in the process of looking at all aspects of the Matildas preparation in this critical period as we look towards the great opportunity and challenge of being a genuine contender to win the Women's World Cup," Gallop said.
Some staff members and players.... what does this have to do with Stajcic?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Matildas facing coaching change months out from World Cup

Some staff members and players.... what does this have to do with Stajcic?
Huh? He is a staff member, as in coaching staff. It's him and the other coaches/trainers/staff who keep the team running behind the scenes who are apparently on the chopping block over whatever has happened between them and some players. A complete overhaul could be taking place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/bootsa22/status/1086390743537602560

If you'd heard the first hand accounts from past and present players that I've heard the only backlash could possibly be around why it's taken this long...

in reply to

Judging by social media and the amount of text messages and DMs I am getting, FFA are heading for a huge disaster and backlash regarding the Alen Stajcic situation. There are some forces with an axe to grind behind this. Sadly, the damage is done.

Now I'm concerned...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/RobertGrasso/status/1086411260135059456

What an absolute disgrace. @TheMatildas coach Alen Stajcic confirms he's left the job just months out from June's WWC. Player revolt. Live steaming on @TheWorldGame at 12pm from @FFA GHQ announcement today and rolling news @SBSNews #Matildas

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i'm already seeing backlash against the players because it's being reported as a player revolt :eyeroll:

do people seriously think they would be calling for a review from the ffa, which has been 2 months in the making until this recent announcement, about staj and other staff at this time without very good reason? and the same goes for those going after the ffa. i know the ffa are usually annoying and incompetent but this would be a stupid move even for them without a good reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"It's understood that FFA uncovered workplace issues via an internal investigation, accusing Stajcic of overseeing a poor culture."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/foo...163020e202998df

All has definitely not been as peachy as it has seemed then

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope this is legit and not a American esq situation ie Tom sermani. And I really hope Devana has not played a big role in this because she has a lot of issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well..what were the issues and why were there no rumblings? Spill it!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2 anon surveys - 1st routine from pfa then follow up by "our watch" (gender equality culture survey)

there were "serious" issues from the surveys and from conversations with players.

nothing to do with #metoo movement - all workplace culture issues and that it's deteriorated in recent months. "in some respects" a player welfare issue.

players didn't directly ask for his removal, ffa came to this decision in conjunction with anon surveys and conversations with players and staff.

no replacement yet, ideally have one by cup of nations (approx 1 month)

wouldn't comment on any other staff being an issue - still under review.

wouldn't comment whether it was bullying or incompetence or any specifics really.

so lots of evading what exactly it was. we'll have to wait for some potential leaks on twitter or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The truth needs to be told and it will clear up all issues. Players have always put on a staj positive front so it clashes with what ffa is projecting. If they make it another Ange situation Australian football will failue. That need transparency here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The truth needs to be told and it will clear up all issues. Players have always put on a staj positive front so it clashes with what ffa is projecting. If they make it another Ange situation Australian football will failue. That need transparency here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

younger players seem to like the announement on insta - roestbakken and corpus-brown liked it none of the matildas so far...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think a move this unexpected gets done without serious issues being behind it.
So until I hear otherwise I can only commend the team for behaving in such a united and professional manner throughout what appears to have bee some trying times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The truth needs to be told and it will clear up all issues. Players have always put on a staj positive front so it clashes with what ffa is projecting. If they make it another Ange situation Australian football will failue. That need transparency here
They do need to get more specific. I get that they're worried about being too specific, because obviously they don't want people trying to work out which player might have said something, but the workplace issues thing is way too broad. Like was it overt sexism at play? Bullying or manipulation? A culture of fear that meant they only felt comfortable speaking out anonymously?

Seeing some "fans" going with the typical 'why didn't they speak up sooner?' 'why only in anonymous surveys? why not talk it out like adults?' Some people (read: men) will never get it. The power dynamics plus maybe not wanting to visibly rock the boat if you don't know you'll have support from fellow players etc. So many things at play which make sense why it started with anonymous surveys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:younger players seem to like the announement on insta - roestbakken and corpus-brown liked it none of the matildas so far...
I think the senior Matildas players will have all received advice not to like or say anything on social media. Younger ones not so much. I wouldn't expect anything until after they've done the workshops mentioned in the press conference and gone through all the pr procedures during this mini-camp they're having at the beginning of next week. Plus many have a match today or tomorrow, which they're hopefully able to focus on instead of this drama. Oh to be a fly on the wall when the players are hanging out after their matches though...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:The truth needs to be told and it will clear up all issues. Players have always put on a staj positive front so it clashes with what ffa is projecting. If they make it another Ange situation Australian football will failue. That need transparency here
They do need to get more specific. I get that they're worried about being too specific, because obviously they don't want people trying to work out which player might have said something, but the workplace issues thing is way too broad. Like was it overt sexism at play? Bullying or manipulation? A culture of fear that meant they only felt comfortable speaking out anonymously?

Seeing some "fans" going with the typical 'why didn't they speak up sooner?' 'why only in anonymous surveys? why not talk it out like adults?' Some people (read: men) will never get it. The power dynamics plus maybe not wanting to visibly rock the boat if you don't know you'll have support from fellow players etc. So many things at play which make sense why it started with anonymous surveys.
x2
Totally agree
We're talking about a sizeable team here. The dynamics of that are complex.
Anonymous surveys are the PERFECT way to begin any process like that.
I applaud them for that approach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shocked/disappointed to hear Staj won't be taking us to the World Cup in less than 5 months. We've been preparing meticulously under him over the last 4yrs to have the best crack to win in France and under his guidance we have been the most successful team in Matildas history.

https://twitter.com/KyahSimon/status/1086450016124731392

Uh-oh. Maybe not a super unanimous opinion then?