Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 22:40
Chavez and Shelley are transferring from Oregon
To where?

Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Guest »

I wonder if coaches will want to return to the more stringent rules for transferring after this year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 02:52
Guest wrote:
To where?
Don’t know yet. Chavez is from Arizona though and had some family issues that she missed games for. There’s a not insignificant chance she wants to stay close to home

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 03:41
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 02:52
Guest wrote:
To where?
Don’t know yet. Chavez is from Arizona though and had some family issues that she missed games for. There’s a not insignificant chance she wants to stay close to home
Wow, that hurts. They both had a shot at putting in a lot more minutes next season, but weren’t promised a starting position. Kelly doesn’t do that. I think you’re right about Taylor. She wants to be closer to home. Arizona State should consider getting her. Her defense and energy are so great. Feeling sad to lose her.

I have no idea what’s going on with Jaz. She has so much upside to her game. I don’t know why she struggled this year. I kept waiting for her to come out of her shooting slump, but she didn’t. Then came the injury.

I don’t like the transfer trend. It’s hard to build good team chemistry, when the players are constantly changing. I like getting to know the players and their personalities on the court, over a 3-4 year period. Bummers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i never understood giving Taylor mikesell so many minutes. Yeah she could get hot from 3 but never really showed up when it mattered and was inconsistent, plus her defense was not great. I think you play Taylor or Shelley more it gets them out of their slump and adds more of a defensive presence. Both of them leaving hurts the ducks

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 05:45
i never understood giving Taylor mikesell so many minutes. Yeah she could get hot from 3 but never really showed up when it mattered and was inconsistent, plus her defense was not great. I think you play Taylor or Shelley more it gets them out of their slump and adds more of a defensive presence. Both of them leaving hurts the ducks
Have to agree with this. Early in the season Mikesell was on fire from deep. Maybe Kelly fell in love with having 2 excellent outside shooters in the lineup, and never gave up on that dream. He loves high octane offense.

I believe that Taylor Chavez brought much more energy and stellar defense to the team. I’m really bummed losing both of them. After recently having to say goodbye to Erin and Lydia, two favorites of mine; this is crushing. Now we’re 2 short, and have to scramble to get replacements. A sad Duck fan today. Already been gearing up to say goodbye to my favorite w/w ship on TV Friday. This not a good week, so far. I’ll just go and cry in the corner now. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 06:35
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 05:45
Have to agree with this. Early in the season Mikesell was on fire from deep. Maybe Kelly fell in love with having 2 excellent outside shooters in the lineup, and never gave up on that dream. He loves high octane offense.

I believe that Taylor Chavez brought much more energy and stellar defense to the team. I’m really bummed losing both of them. After recently having to say goodbye to Erin and Lydia, two favorites of mine; this is crushing. Now we’re 2 short, and have to scramble to get replacements. A sad Duck fan today. Already been gearing up to say goodbye to my favorite w/w ship on TV Friday. This not a good week, so far. I’ll just go and cry in the corner now. :bigcry:
Virtual hugs sent your way ❤️ The freshman this year looked really good at times so they will definitely be top of the pac 12 if sabally and Sedona can remain healthy. I like Taylor a lot so I’ll probably be watching wherever she ends up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of Oregon, does anyone else ever find it weird when really tall men or women date someone like a quarter of their size? I’m talking Sedona here but her girlfriend like comes up to her kneecaps lmao

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 17:15
Speaking of Oregon, does anyone else ever find it weird when really tall men or women date someone like a quarter of their size? I’m talking Sedona here but her girlfriend like comes up to her kneecaps lmao
I haven’t seen a picture of her girlfriend. How short is she?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

08 Apr 2021, 19:22
Guest wrote:
4’9

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 19:55
Guest wrote:
4’9
Wow, that’s 22 inches. I’ve never seen that big of a disparity. The girlfriend probably needs a chair to stand on, in order to kiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
https://www.tiktok.com/@sedonerrr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 21:44
Guest wrote:
She's the only out player in college?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 04:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No there’s definitely more but I don’t follow individual players. Prince is really popular though, a million followers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 06:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No there’s definitely more but I don’t follow individual players. Prince is really popular though, a million followers.
Because the ncaa thing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watch the FIBA u19 wc 2019 final match USA (Bueckers, van lith, boston, etc) against AUS and they didn't look good? :hmmm:

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 14:16
I watch the FIBA u19 wc 2019 final match USA (Bueckers, van lith, boston, etc) against AUS and they didn't look good? :hmmm:
They were juniors in high school. They’ve improved a lot since then. Good coaching and cohesion helps significantly. Was Caitlin Clark on the team? She impresses me. If Iowa gets a few more good players to complement her, watch out. All that attention on Paige Bueckers is legit, but Caitlin is the real deal, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 07:10
Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 06:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Because the ncaa thing?
DA but I think she’s always been popular on Tik tok and instagram. The NCAA thing just made her more popular

Bhuhnj
Reactions:

Post by Bhuhnj »

09 Apr 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
They were juniors in high school. They’ve improved a lot since then. Good coaching and cohesion helps significantly. Was Caitlin Clark on the team? She impresses me. If Iowa gets a few more good players to complement her, watch out. All that attention on Paige Bueckers is legit, but Caitlin is the real deal, too.
Not the OP but plus Australia is actually pretty good competition so AUS might have scouted them better, plus yeah like you said that was a few years ago lol. Clark is a baller and started to get recognition she deserved. I actually think Clark is better just based off of putting up better numbers with a team that isn’t nearly as talented as Paige has with uconn. Also the big 10 is ten times more competitive than the big east. Paige is definitely one of the best players as well tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bhuhnj wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 15:37
Guest wrote:
Not the OP but plus Australia is actually pretty good competition so AUS might have scouted them better, plus yeah like you said that was a few years ago lol. Clark is a baller and started to get recognition she deserved. I actually think Clark is better just based off of putting up better numbers with a team that isn’t nearly as talented as Paige has with uconn. Also the big 10 is ten times more competitive than the big east. Paige is definitely one of the best players as well tho
I agree that both are good. And comparing across team/conferences is a futile effort. Because a player might score less. But is that because they don’t need to score more because the team is better balanced?Or because they actually are not as good?

The interesting thing is always how they adapt to the WNBA. An example is Rachel Banham who was a standout on an average Big Ten team. But has yet to live up to her potential at the next level. Or Megan Gustafson of Iowa (granted her issue is height).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Are there another competition for youth nt like this world cup? I kinda wanna see when these youngins play together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Called it! Chavez is going to Arizona.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a big job for a first time head coach, but I think Shea's ready. Her husband was a Vandy assistant for 6 years.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 23:40
Called it! Chavez is going to Arizona.
I follow her on IG and noticed she changed from yellow to red, and knew immediately you were right. I love ❤️ Taylor Chavez and wish her much success. It will be hard to see her wearing red for awhile, but I bet she gets more minutes, so that makes me happy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mulkey to LSU. Wonder how many Baylor players will enter the transfer portal/de-commit now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 22:31
Mulkey to LSU. Wonder how many Baylor players will enter the transfer portal/de-commit now?
Reading all the backstory to this and man, she really is a character. The question is can she bring LSU to the national spotlight fast enough to become relevant again and can Baylor find a replacement to continue their status as a blue blood. You have to think it's easier to recruit to LSU since it has SEC + no crazy religious expectations.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gottlieb did not leave Cal in the best state. But, USC is a good place for her to begin again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope we could see Stanford v UConn this season :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But I doubt it since I don't see Stanford in final four this season :unsure:

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18p »

Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 09:31
Stanford and UConn used to play each other early in the season every year. Now Connecticut is playing Oregon instead. At least it stayed in the PAC-12. Both Graves and Tara like playing some tough non-conference games to challenge their players, early in the season. I think it's smart to do so.

Over half of the 21/22 Oregon team is transfers or Freshmen. I was studying each of the new girls on the roster the other day, trying to familiarize myself with the team. I can't remember the last time the Ducks had such an influx in new players. The transfer portal has created chaos, IMO. Should be an interesting new season. I just added the PAC-12 back into my TV package. WBB is my #1
favorite sport. I'm ready for the 1st games to begin. So ready and excited! 🏀💜

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 08:07
Guest wrote:
Stanford and UConn used to play each other early in the season every year. Now Connecticut is playing Oregon instead. At least it stayed in the PAC-12. Both Graves and Tara like playing some tough non-conference games to challenge their players, early in the season. I think it's smart to do so.

Over half of the 21/22 Oregon team is transfers or Freshmen. I was studying each of the new girls on the roster the other day, trying to familiarize myself with the team. I can't remember the last time the Ducks had such an influx in new players. The transfer portal has created chaos, IMO. Should be an interesting new season. I just added the PAC-12 back into my TV package. WBB is my #1
Who's gonna win pac12? When is the Uconn v Oregon game?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 09:35
Guest wrote:

I'd like to be a homer and say Oregon, but truly believe that Stanford is the best team going in. Doesn’t mean Oregon can't be there in the end. I just want everyone to stay healthy and competitive.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

04 Nov 2021, 02:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'd like to be a homer and say Oregon, but truly believe that Stanford is the best team going in. Doesn’t mean Oregon can't be there in the end. I just want everyone to stay healthy and competitive.
The UConn game is January 17th, at Eugene, and will be on ESPN2, I believe.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

ESPN analysts were 4 for 4 with Stanford winning PAC-12. 3 of 4 have Stanford in the Final Four. All 4 have S.Carolina and UConn in Final Four. Maryland also got 3 out of 4 votes for Final Four.

Back to PAC-12. Projected Top 3 teams are:
1) Stanford 2) Oregon 3) UCLA

Nothing surprising here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

08 Nov 2021, 01:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

ESPN analysts were 4 for 4 with Stanford winning PAC-12. 3 of 4 have Stanford in the Final Four. All 4 have S.Carolina and UConn in Final Four. Maryland also got 3 out of 4 votes for Final Four.

Nothing surprising here.
Who's replacing Kiana role @ stanford? I have doubts about them because I don't see anyone as good as her at their roster right now.

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 04:08
08 Nov 2021, 01:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nothing surprising here.
Who's replacing Kiana role @ stanford? I have doubts about them because I don't see anyone as good as her at their roster right now.
Really? A backcourt of Anna Wilson PG with Lexie Hull and Haley Jones sounds terrific to me. Belibi and Brink are the starting front court. My Ducks aren't as loaded in the backcourt, but are just as good in the front court. I love Tehina Paopao the Ducks PG, and can't wait to see her improvements as a Sophomore. Both teams emphasize defense. Stanford is loaded and disciplined. They're scary good and are rightfully the consensus best team in PAC-12. I watched the Ducks final exhibition game Saturday and was not impressed with the defense at all, but we didn't even play 2 of our starters, so I will hopefully see good defense tomorrow.

Which team do you follow?

Who is in your Final Four if you have to choose today? It's tough to know before seeing them play.

Stanford is playing Texas, Indiana, Maryland in November. In December they are at Tennessee and 3 days later at #1 South Carolina. We will know by then how good Stanford can become. I'm betting they stay Top 5 most of the season. Never bet against Tara.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 05:49
Arizona is undefeated and beat Louisville, yet they're not in her Top 10. Texas just beat the defending champions Stanford. I understand not dropping Stanford, NC State, and Louisville too much after their losses.They lost to high caliber teams and it's very early. I don't understand not rewarding the teams who beat these super teams more, though. AP raised Texas and Arizona significantly (13 and 11 spots), so that was good. However, the teams they beat are still ranked higher. That's what irks me.

I do think Indiana is one of the most impressive teams I've watched so far. Maryland is going to have steep competition for the Big Ten this year.

I worry a lot about my favorite team, Oregon. The Ducks only had 8 players suited on Sunday. They have 4 players injured and 3 of them are starters and were on the Preseason lists for potential awards. Being this depleted they're going to the Bahamas to play stiff competition over the weekend. All the youthfulness on the team will be severely challenged. Last year UCLA was a Mash unit, this year Oregon is among the walking wounded. Hard to get continuity with so many key injuries. I like to see all the teams stay healthy so that we fans get to watch the best basketball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I already said that Stanford won't even be at the final four :nails:

Wayhaughtshipper18p
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 06:42
I already said that Stanford won't even be at the final four :nails:
I remember. Who are your 4 teams in the Final Four?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »