Chinese volleyball player Sun Wenjing comes out with her girlfriend

Reactions:

Chinese volleyball player Sun Wenjing comes out with her girlfriend

Post by Guest »

A Chinese volleyball athlete has taken the rare step of publicly revealing she is gay by releasing a marriage-registry-style photo of her and her girlfriend on Weibo.
“She doesn’t need to do anything, but I am surrendered time and again. She is the whole part of me, for one year and another,” athlete Sun Wenjing wrote on the social media platform last week.
She announced she was a lesbian on September 9, a date with double digits of 9 that is regarded by the Chinese as a symbol of eternity and often selected by couples to register their marriage.
China bans same-sex marriage, and LGBT people face widespread discrimination in the country despite years of campaigning for acceptance and equal rights by activists.
https://www.scmp.com/news/people-cultur ... gay-social

Can we get some love for her here? She literally lives in a culture where incel males think any woman over 25 is 'leftover'.

+Her story was filed under 'Gender Diversity' in SCMP, which is completely wrong since she is a lesbian and was not born in the 'wrong body' (aka the new homophobia)

Reactions:

Re: Chinese volleyball player Sun Wenjing comes out with her girlfriend

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 10:18
A Chinese volleyball athlete has taken the rare step of publicly revealing she is gay by releasing a marriage-registry-style photo of her and her girlfriend on Weibo.
“She doesn’t need to do anything, but I am surrendered time and again. She is the whole part of me, for one year and another,” athlete Sun Wenjing wrote on the social media platform last week.
She announced she was a lesbian on September 9, a date with double digits of 9 that is regarded by the Chinese as a symbol of eternity and often selected by couples to register their marriage.
China bans same-sex marriage, and LGBT people face widespread discrimination in the country despite years of campaigning for acceptance and equal rights by activists.
https://www.scmp.com/news/people-cultur ... gay-social

Can we get some love for her here? She literally lives in a culture where incel males think any woman over 25 is 'leftover'.

+Her story was filed under 'Gender Diversity' in SCMP, which is completely wrong since she is a lesbian and was not born in the 'wrong body' (aka the new homophobia)
QMTA my bad, Gender & Diversity . Still. Homosexuality has nothing to do with gender (which are stereotypes) and isn't a tickbox on a diversity checklist.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is she rich? What kind of consequence they gonna get? Even billionaire Jack Ma get a visit from government there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:04
Is she rich? What kind of consequence they gonna get? Even billionaire Jack Ma get a visit from government there
Pretty well off I'd say, the article says she gifted her girlfriend (who is super cute btw) a flat and a Benz.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm not into masculine women but am also into pretty faces. The thing is, she does have a nice cute face which can be complemented with some better hair (not necessarily long super feminine hair but something other than that).

Brave to come out when she lives in and her career/money/everything is tied to China.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Better pics and the original pic she posted coming out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good for her. Can’t imagine it’s easy in that environment, no matter how rich or well off one is. Pretty brave.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't seen Chinese lesbian couple who aren't butch /femme.

Ddd33
Reactions:

Post by Ddd33 »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 13:10

One of the players that Jordan hangout in China think she also fem but haven come out they look quite similar

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Because the society is backwards

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There are plenty but too afraid to come out. There are some who are living together for 2 years at least but still didn’t come out to their families and they think the girls are friends living together. I’m like come on =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
...and now you have :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 14:12
Guest wrote:
Maybe you are backwards. You want all women to conform to feminine stereotypes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do you write her name in chinese letters?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 16:47
Guest wrote:

Their YouTube channel says that they are from Taiwan

Jkl
Reactions:

Post by Jkl »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

damn so pretty both of them and i just a couple video of them?so what they do for a living?they both seem rich

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"The girlfriend, who identifies herself on Weibo as Mrs Sun" that's too cute :bigcry:

Happy for them, and I hope there aren't any career/financial repercussions. Brave ones like them will help make it better for everyone in the future. They're adorable and I love this!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jkl wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 17:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

damn so pretty both of them and i just a couple video of them?so what they do for a living?they both seem rich
The one on the right was/is a livestreamer. I don't really know what the girl on the left does all I know is that she must be rich because she buys her girlfriend expensive gifts all the time! :bigcry:

Jkl
Reactions:

Post by Jkl »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 18:24
Jkl wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The one on the right was/is a livestreamer. I don't really know what the girl on the left does all I know is that she must be rich because she buys her girlfriend expensive gifts all the time! :bigcry:
well as long they love each other it's ok with the gifts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't know how fucked up China was before getting into Couple of Mirrors, they literally made the director cut the scene where the fem lead gives the other fem lead a flower because it would be too gay. So hats off to this brave woman. Is she in danger? They tend to blacklist a lot of people and now are starting to blacklist effeminate male celebs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not fearmongering with no context but I’m a Chinese citizen who’s been living and working abroad for some years. She’s really brave for doing this. As a public figure in China, doing anything that could be seen as counter to the CCP’s social project is dangerous. She could be blacklisted, lose any hope of sponsorship deals, lose her spot on her team etc. Even major figures like Jackie Cham live under the CCP’s iron fist.

I hope there aren’t repercussions. Historically they’ve policed lesbians much less harshly than gay men so with any luck Chinese authorities will simply turn a blind eye.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 19:09
Not fearmongering with no context but I’m a Chinese citizen who’s been living and working abroad for some years. She’s really brave for doing this. As a public figure in China, doing anything that could be seen as counter to the CCP’s social project is dangerous. She could be blacklisted, lose any hope of sponsorship deals, lose her spot on her team etc. Even major figures like Jackie Cham live under the CCP’s iron fist.

I hope there aren’t repercussions. Historically they’ve policed lesbians much less harshly than gay men so with any luck Chinese authorities will simply turn a blind eye.
then surely you can read about her career status in chinese and see the response on her weibo? Cosplay fail lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

that's so brave of her!! china's getting even stricter with homosexuality lately, so i'm sure it must be scary to come out when you're such a public figure there. her girlfriend is suuuuuper cute, i wish them both the best!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 18:24
Jkl wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The one on the left her own business, clothing lines I believe and they’re both in it together now. They’re Chinese not Taiwanese. The one on the right stating that she hasn’t come out with her family, just weird how that goes since they’ve been/living together for two years, doing all these vlog and etc yet her family got no clues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Bs. China has not issues with homosexuality as long you are private. Homosexuality has been present in chinese art, literature for thousend of years.
China has issues with the whole politization of homosexuality. Like the whole western LGBTQIA+ nonsesne

Ddd33
Reactions:

Post by Ddd33 »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 00:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Bs. China has not issues with homosexuality as long you are private. Homosexuality has been present in chinese art, literature for thousend of years.
China has issues with the whole politization of homosexuality. Like the whole western LGBTQIA+ nonsesne
In China they are ok with it as long as you Don come out. And they have gay bar in big cities even though they did not say that bar is gay but the gay community know and many lgbtq people go there. China have Don ask Don tell attitude.

This is another fem couple that I really like they also look rich though lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 19:17
Guest wrote:

then surely you can read about her career status in chinese and see the response on her weibo? Cosplay fail lmao
I don’t have Weibo. Are you going to revoke my citizenship now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 19:17
Guest wrote:

Wouldn’t it take more than 3 days for repercussions to happen? Just a thought.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 17:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nope they are from China. They've got too much plastic surgery :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 08:21
Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 17:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nope they are from China. They've got too much plastic surgery :mask:
da whats their insta? specially the one on the right..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Please, could you post about lesbianism in Chinese art/history in the art or homosexuality threads? I'm really interested :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Then why did they remove lesbian and gay couples tv clips from their many video sites, and cut up new shows that have homosexuality in it? Their imported killing eve version was hilariously censored :rofl:
The main visible "acceptance" is from fangirls yaoi shipping celebrity dudes and them enjoying the many queerbaiting uwu cute boys tv show
And no, their anime weeb dudes jerking over uwu yuri animes is not acceptance either 🤮

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

whew crazy in here cackling to herself. Anyway congrats to the happy couple

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 17:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe you are backwards. You want all women to conform to feminine stereotypes.
What about the women conforming to the masculine stereotypes. We all conform to something.