Some love for the Biathlon ladies

Reactions:

Re: Some love for the Biathlon ladies

Post by Guest »

What is it with the Norwegians and relays at the moment. They are stressing. πŸ€”

guestie
Veteran
Reactions: 153

Post by guestie »

Guest wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2021, 12:36
What is it with the Norwegians and relays at the moment. They are stressing. πŸ€”
they seem to be putting so much pressure on themselves in the relays. But its been fun watching others step up, Russia did great today. Belarus put in a great performance last week and were okay this week. Sweden have imploded a bit. I thought Italy did well this week, ironically maybe Doro was the one who didn't quite deliver, Carrara had a great leg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Norway had always been able to control the last 2 legs of relays but Solemdal retiring has left a huge gap in the opening leg. They were the same in 2018/19 when Solemdal was out sick. Even when she came back last year not up to her best she was able to give Norway a solid start to work with.

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

They might be better to put Tandrevold first, let her do what Vitozzi does and get a little lead and then have Knotten or Lien go next at their own pace, accept they'll lose ground on the ski time but hopefully get the shots and not have any penalty laps then hope Eckhoff and Olsbu can do the rest. Having their weakest start first seems to be putting the others in such a hole. As said above Solemdal even in her late years when she lost her speed she was a reliable shot who at least got Norway off to a consistent start that the others could build from.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It feels like forever since the last biathlon run. I can't wait for it to start up again on Wednesday with the world championships.
There was some changes the last two weeks of competitions, so it just looks so open to me.
Wierer seems to be finding her form. And Simon have gotten more power to fight in the finale round.
Marte seemed a bit of the past the last two weeks. Eckhoff still fast as always but have been doubting her shooting. Hanna looked better than she has done for weeks, but looks to still have trouble with nerves when it really matters. Will Hauser continue as she has.....
I can't wait to see how it goes.
And who will end up with the yellow bib in the end? It just looks so open.

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Ukraine had a great mixed relay, shame they missed out on the medals but it bodes well for them especially the women in the upcoming events. Dzhima is always in the mix in the individual with her good shooting, but she skied well today as well which is a positive sign.

Marte decided in the end to add a bit of excitement into the mix with the misses, lol. Hauser continues her love affair with the podium to get Austria a fabulous silver. Zdouc was great on her leg to keep Austria in contention after the good start from the men. Oberg doesn't look in anywhere near the form she was in early season but her standing shoot was fantastic and she fought bitterly to the end to squeak the bronze.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eckhoff πŸ’ͺ🏽 πŸ™ŒπŸΎ β›·

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Women 15km-individual coming up soon.
I think it could be Hauser or Linn Persson for the win. With Eckhoff on silver. I also think Wierer will do good today.
What do you think? If theres any Biathlon fans sitting and waiting for the run to start.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

16 Feb 2021, 10:12
Women 15km-individual coming up soon.
I think it could be Hauser or Linn Persson for the win. With Eckhoff on silver. I also think Wierer will do good today.
What do you think? If theres any Biathlon fans sitting and waiting for the run to start.
My guess for today is:

1: Eckhoff
2: Wierer
3: Hermann

yours? :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Linn persson just lost her chance.
Wierer looks good today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I had not expected Hanna to do such a good race.

The Norwegians lost all their chances today. Ida just had to take all the time she needed in the last shooting and she would have gotten a medal. The same with Marta and then she went and did a risky shooting.

Davidova for the win and as I'm writing Tandevold for bronze it seems πŸ’ͺ🏽

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tandrevold πŸ™ŒπŸΎ
So nice to see her get some success again.

Aemeth
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Really happy for Davidova and her unicorn rifle πŸ₯°

cccccccc
Reactions:

Post by cccccccc »

as a german fan of the female biathlon team
:fingcross: ^_^ <_< : :pray: :tmi: nervous: : :angel: :
Franziska Preuß :wub:
:dance2: :dance2:
btw . congrats Norway the Queens of Biathlon!
+good work from Olena Pidrushna respect what a fight with Franziska Preuß

Aemeth
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

cccccccc wrote: ↑
20 Feb 2021, 12:30
as a german fan of the female biathlon team
:fingcross: ^_^ <_< : :pray: :tmi: nervous: : :angel: :
Franziska Preuß :wub:
:dance2: :dance2:
btw . congrats Norway the Queens of Biathlon!
+good work from Olena Pidrushna respect what a fight with Franziska Preuß
Amazing finish from Franzi!!!

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Ukraine did really well in the relay. they're always in the mix. Pidrushna always seems to find something on anchor and be able to dig deep and fight. Interesting to see Norway changed their order and put Tandrevold first and buried their weakest athlete Lien in 3rd place. Lien did really well though to hold a strong level given she was up against some of the fastest athletes on that 3rd leg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mass start two and a half hours from now.
Who will win?

cccccc
Reactions:

Post by cccccc »

Biathlon live now :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I'm ready β›· πŸ”«

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What a run. Last lap was crazy 😁

ccccccc
Reactions:

Post by ccccccc »

21 Feb 2021, 12:19
lol yes are you norwegian?
I wish i would see a videoclip of the norwegian tv commenting the last round :lol: :angel:
for me the surprise team this year are the austrian women
especially Hauser
i felt a little sorry for the italian women and Bendika

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

LTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did she make a deal with Father Christmas to give him her first born given how well she's done since the Christmas break, lol. The way she's been able to marry her new faster ski speed with her formally excellent shooting has been amazing to watch. I worried for her on the final shoot given how she blew the last stand in the Individual and the Single Mixed Relay but she came good.

Shame for Bendika but a top 10 is still a great result for her anyway. Tiril went pedal to the metal on that final lap and Marte just had nothing left. Great for Tandrevold's confidence to beat them both though and get another individual medal. Shame for Vittozzi but she looked spent, she has had a good championship though with some good top 10 results so I hope she can get back to the form she showed a few seasons ago and get the confidence back she's lost.
Last edited by guestie on 21 Feb 2021, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ccccccc wrote: ↑
21 Feb 2021, 12:42
I wish i would see a videoclip of the norwegian tv commenting the last round :lol: :angel:
especially Hauser
No I'm danish. I did however see it on the Norwegian channel NRK1. But I can't remember what they said at the end sprint 😁
Yeah Hauser had a great run with no mistakes. Congratulations to her, well deserved. I felt bad of Vittozzi. She had covid last spring and it seems she doesn't have air enough to hold the speed in the long runs. I hope she will be back to her old self next season. I felt bad for Marte too. She has been so disappointed with herself this championship and then fast Tiril sprint past her the last few meters. But that's the game.
I have enjoyed this championship... but Tiril is also my favorite πŸ€—πŸΎ

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ccccc
Reactions:

Post by ccccc »

21 Feb 2021, 12:58
especially Hauser
No I'm danish. I did however see it on the Norwegian channel NRK1. But I can't remember what they said at the end sprint 😁
Yeah Hauser had a great run with no mistakes. Congratulations to her, well deserved. I felt bad of Vittozzi. She had covid last spring and it seems she doesn't have air enough to hold the speed in the long runs. I hope she will be back to her old self next season. I felt bad for Marte too. She has been so disappointed with herself this championship and then fast Tiril sprint past her the last few meters. But that's the game.
ah i am german and the german commentators were all fangirling about Hauser
they were also commenting that Tiril and Ingrid are best friends and how hard it must be for Marte :lol:

lol and at the end how nice it was that they were nice to Marte after the final ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's wild that Eckhoff can get bronze when she had 3 missed shots. Tandrevold and Marte had one miss. Hauser had zero. Wierer finish a minute after Eckhoff also with 3 miss.

ccccccc
Reactions:

Post by ccccccc »

i felt bad for Vitozzi because she was so good yesterday!

Also i am not a fan of Dorothea Wierer but her and her male mix team partner were very friendly and sympathic after there lost in the mix team event
i was very positivly impressed of them how they reacted in the interview after their lost :clap:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ccccc wrote: ↑
21 Feb 2021, 13:21

especially Hauser
they were also commenting that Tiril and Ingrid are best friends and how hard it must be for Marte :lol:

lol and at the end how nice it was that they were nice to Marte after the final ^_^
I do actually think it gave Tiril extra power to see Tandrevold up there in front.
You where watching on ARD I assume. Preuss finish 6 and Hinz 10. Preuss have had a great year. And Hinz have looked better and better the last weeks.

cccccc
Reactions:

Post by cccccc »

21 Feb 2021, 13:28
ccccc wrote: ↑
21 Feb 2021, 13:21

I do actually think it gave Tiril extra power to see Tandrevold up there in front.
You where watching on ARD I assume. Preuss finish 6 and Hinz 10. Preuss have had a great year. And Hinz have looked better and better the last weeks.
yes i was watching at ARD
and i think Preuss is in a really good form
i think she could have reached more this wm
she was unlucky in the team single mix with Lesser he was so nervous and then she became nervous too
and i am glad that Hinz is back in form she is one of my personal favorites :lol:

ccccc
Reactions:

Post by ccccc »

sorry ZDF :lol:

cccccc
Reactions:

Post by cccccc »

if you get german tv ZDF are just showing a portrait of Laura Dahlmeier
https://www.zdf.de/sport/wintersport/la ... e-100.html :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was just checking the qualifying race at the cross-country because we have an athlete going in the men's race and Baiba Bendika won the women's race. Nice way to spend your week off after a hard world championship!

cccccc
Reactions:

Post by cccccc »

24 Feb 2021, 09:05
I was just checking the qualifying race at the cross-country because we have an athlete going in the men's race and Baiba Bendika won the women's race. Nice way to spend your week off after a hard world championship!
wow i agree and i am happy for Baiba Bendika

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4 MAR women's relay
6 MAR women's sprint
7 MAR women's pursuit
I have a feeling Tiril will take the sprint and pursuit win and the Norwegian team the relay.
β›·πŸ‘πŸ½β˜ƒοΈ
Only 3 weeks competitions left this season. πŸ˜” I'm so happy we got so much Biathlon in these covid times.

Bored at Work
Reactions:

Post by Bored at Work »

I have had the juniors on in the background today. I was impressed with the pursuit race. The Swiss have at least one athlete to replace the oldest Gasparin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eckhoff πŸ’ͺ🏽 This season World cup winner. What a season she has had.

Reactions:

Re:

Post by Guest »

26 Jan 2020, 11:47
Is it just my impression or does Justine Braisaz pings to you as well?
Justine is married now but Julia Simon pings to me

And Vittozzi, i don't know why

Reactions:

Re: Re:

Post by Guest »

16 Apr 2021, 17:53

I just assumed Braisaz and Chevalier had married each other and picked a new family name for themselves, but Mike on the telly did some detective work!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

16 Apr 2021, 19:36

I just assumed Braisaz and Chevalier had married each other and picked a new family name for themselves, but Mike on the telly did some detective work!
Haha, I'm French and when most of us saw this we were like wtf? they married the same guy? brothers? it was a joke on some french forums all the season

Simon pings a lot for me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have also wondered about Julia Simon and Vittozzi.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

17 Apr 2021, 05:26

The cute Lisa Vittozzi is in a long term relationship (since 2015 or 2016)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

23 Apr 2021, 19:05
With a man?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

23 Apr 2021, 19:10
23 Apr 2021, 19:05
With a man?

With a man?
Yes, i don't want give his name and talk about him here, it was just to give the info.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What do you guys think about Stina Nilsson? She pings to me.Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

01 May 2021, 11:07
What do you guys think about Stina Nilsson? She pings to me.Image
Haha, I think the same thing but I was wrong about Vittozzi, so I don't trust myself now.
I find her cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In case anyones interested here's links to summer biathlon advents.

Blink festival from about two weeks ago: https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... tival+2021

And city biathlon about a week ago: https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... baden+2021

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The weekend warm ups from Norway and Sweden are on youtube. Most of the world cup athletes in one or the other.

Sweden

Individual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u1lqlqDyYo
Sprint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IxQkv09wk

Norway
Sprint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLi2jB8SLM
Mass Start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AwyVzUJlEU&t=957s