Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49
Sksisjj wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:33

They’ll be favored bc of the media bias but next year will be a fun one. Stanford will most likely lose Williams and Wilson but have such a deep bench that they will be a contender still. Then you have SC, uconn, and Maryland
That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Yeah she needs to get stronger for sure. I mean there’s no way kiana would stay another year right?

Ggttyhhbb
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Ggttyhhbb »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:37
Guest wrote:
Odnehdh wrote:
Guest wrote:

True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Jones would be a Much better choice. Da
I think she plays too well off the ball and has too many turnovers for her to be a consistent PG

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:37
Guest wrote:
Odnehdh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Jones would be a Much better choice. Da
It's only an option if she gets better when dribbling under pressure. She's almost too tall for it. Need to take more 3's too if she's going to run plays. But she has amazing court vision and has great assists. Problem is she doesn't protect the ball well when she's looking up to run the play. That first half against Louisville when they FCP'ed and forced Williams to pass to Jones so she ran the play is when Stanford struggled the most

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bghhnjk wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:44
Guest wrote:
Odnehdh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah she needs to get stronger for sure. I mean there’s no way kiana would stay another year right?
There's a chance if she's unsatisfied with her end of the season but this year the draft is so weak, she risks more by staying another year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Our Potus

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021

Bhshwhu
Reactions:

Post by Bhshwhu »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

The thing with uconn is besides Azzi they’re not gonna be getting a lot of minutes. They’ll play the same players this year majority of the minutes in close games. I mean they’ll get some minutes when they’re in their shitty ass conference

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:57
Our Potus
Did Obama chose stanford or baylor to win ? I remember he got them for the final

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:

Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

#3 Saniya Rivers looks pretty good from her highlights on Youtube. A tall guard who can score and defend. SC is going to be tuff to stop next year.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:

I was surprised and a little disappointed that Kara Lawson of Duke didn’t recruit any of the top 100 HS players. I wonder if shutting down the program this season lost them recruits. Players want to play. Ironically, I say that, but it was the Duke players who voted to shut down for the year. Kara let them make the decision.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah Stanford only recently started recruiting internationally. The first ever was Alanna Smith who went pro 2 years ago. They have another intl girl coming in next year but I don't know anything about her. Basketball in general is only just waking up to the fact that other countries are rising up to meet the US. I think the problem is that the really good intl kids go pro in their home countries and then can declare for the WNBA draft before 22.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

05 Apr 2021, 04:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.
Espn's just released "Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings" have the Ducks at #10 for next year.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... lina-looms

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah Stanford only recently started recruiting internationally. The first ever was Alanna Smith who went pro 2 years ago. They have another intl girl coming in next year but I don't know anything about her. Basketball in general is only just waking up to the fact that other countries are rising up to meet the US. I think the problem is that the really good intl kids go pro in their home countries and then can declare for the WNBA draft before 22.
That’s an excellent observation and makes a lot of sense why we keep seeing so many international players being drafted highly.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:10
Guest wrote:

da
Espn's just released "Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings" have the Ducks at #10 for next year.
Well 1 and 2 were no surprise. #10 seems reasonable for the Ducks. Wow, without Aari, they don’t even have Arizona in the Too 25. Do you think Dana will still go before Aari in the draft, after that fantastic showing by Aari the past 2 weeks? I have them neck and neck. Both overlooked due to their height. Big mistake. I thought Louisville would be above Baylor, but what do I know? I’d have Maryland over Stanford until the PG situation is clearer.

The team that they don’t have on the list, that I would - Washington State. Somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

They'll be scary as hell next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:38
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:57
Our Potus
Did Obama chose stanford or baylor to win ? I remember he got them for the final
Baylor, thanks Obama for the reverse jinx! Fun fact, Biden was actually at the 2010 natty in San Antonio when Stanford lost to Uconn.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

05 Apr 2021, 06:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

05 Apr 2021, 05:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:10
Guest wrote:

da
Well 1 and 2 were no surprise. #10 seems reasonable for the Ducks. Wow, without Aari, they don’t even have Arizona in the Too 25. Do you think Dana will still go before Aari in the draft, after that fantastic showing by Aari the past 2 weeks? I have them neck and neck. Both overlooked due to their height. Big mistake. I thought Louisville would be above Baylor, but what do I know? I’d have Maryland over Stanford until the PG situation is clearer.

The team that they don’t have on the list, that I would - Washington State. Somewhere in the 20-25 range.
Dana is usually a more efficient scorer than Aari except this post-season. Aari shot poorly during the season but got hot in the tournament until the last game. I think most teams would pick Dana ahead of Aari.

I don't think Iowa is a top 10 team. Poor defense and no secondary playmaker.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Da no it's not that. Stanford have a small undergrad population. I think only a couple thousands? The community around them is also not that lively. That's why even their football game or mbb never packed either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
That's not enough, even Katie Ledecky couldn't fill out the swimming arena. You take a really small student body plus a local population who are mostly out of state 1%ers. The sports culture just isn't there, especially with the students who are so used to being surrounded by Olympians. Stanford knows this in recruiting, they always get players who buy into the team and don't care about popularity and IG followers.

xOpalx
Reactions: 0

Post by xOpalx »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 08:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
That's not enough, even Katie Ledecky couldn't fill out the swimming arena. You take a really small student body plus a local population who are mostly out of state 1%ers. The sports culture just isn't there, especially with the students who are so used to being surrounded by Olympians. Stanford knows this in recruiting, they always get players who buy into the team and don't care about popularity and IG followers.
DA another Stanford Cardinal fan here, and I agree 100%. During the Andrew Luck era Stanford Stadium was being filled, but that's hard to come by. The women's volleyball program is the winningest wvb program ever & has won 3 out of the last 4 championships, yet their crowd pales in comparison to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who are no slouches either, just not as successful. Despite having arguably the most successful athletics program in all of the NCAA, Stanford is first & foremost known for its academics & ties to Silicon Valley... Sports is meh... Being in the "Stanford Bubble" certainly doesn't help either since it can be quite isolating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 08:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Ledecky brought crowds on swim meets outside stanford tho lol. I guess it's just apathetic bay area/california in general

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think it's actually a good thing for them being away from distractions, because even in pandemic college kids will find a way to throw parties at their dorms.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's the Arizona coach's story

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 21:12
What's the Arizona coach's story
Like what? She's fam or nah?

Btw are the college bball players now lotta straighter or what?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Arizona's coach Adia Barnes is fine asf

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:40
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Arizona's coach Adia Barnes is fine asf
You’re not, but she’s so straight married mom I can’t see anything more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:46
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:40
You’re not, but she’s so straight married mom I can’t see anything more.
I know she's as straight as a line but when I was watching their games I just kept thinking damn she's fine

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alright, Tara and her Nerds will be back in the Final Four next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:09
like getting a pg?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

aari mcdonald is so cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:39
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:09
like getting a pg?
Especially now that Williams declaring for the draft, which is no surprise

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Great news for us WBB fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

06 Apr 2021, 22:59

Not having the same old teams every year also probably help with the ratings

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 23:54

Hopefully, you’re right, and it doesn’t settle back into UConn and a few other contenders (SC, Baylor, etc). We thrive if parity and great players go multiple places. That’s what builds our sport and brings in new fans.

That is why I am such a big fan of Tara and her Stanford team, even though my heart is with my Ducks. For 30+ years, Stanford has been the WBB standard bearer out West. But our sport wasn’t doing very well in the PAC-12, overall. Who was the champion for bringing quality WBB into our Conference? Tara, even though it meant more competition to her team. Why? I suspect it’s because of her deep devotion and passion for our game.

With her strong support we began getting good coaches and players. First it was Scott Rueck and Oregon State. Then my Ducks went out and got Kelly Graves to leave Gonzaga. Now we have lots of excellent coaches in our Conference. Adia is just the latest. Until this year, Stanford wasn’t the best team in the Conference the past 3-4 years. They were no slouches. But they had stiff competition not just from Oregon, but from the Beavers, UCLA, both Arizona schools, and now Washington State is getting much better, too. There really was only one team not competitive this season. And they were hit so hard from injuries and Covid, that I felt good for them when they finally won a game. Arguably, my previously weak Conference, has become the strongest Conference in the country the last 2 years. Much of that credit goes to Tara, and I will be forever grateful she didn’t leave Stanford and head back East. Rumor had her thinking about a change around 2004/2005. Never confirmed, but plausible.

Great people build the Sport, not just their own team. Tara is a great person, IMO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shame Steph White was fired from Vanderbilt, but they were struggling badly each year. I hope she finds another spot at a lower conference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 20:47
aari mcdonald is so cute
She's straight right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

07 Apr 2021, 00:44
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 23:54

Hopefully, you’re right, and it doesn’t settle back into UConn and a few other contenders (SC, Baylor, etc). We thrive if parity and great players go multiple places. That’s what builds our sport and brings in new fans.

That is why I am such a big fan of Tara and her Stanford team, even though my heart is with my Ducks. For 30+ years, Stanford has been the WBB standard bearer out West. But our sport wasn’t doing very well in the PAC-12, overall. Who was the champion for bringing quality WBB into our Conference? Tara, even though it meant more competition to her team. Why? I suspect it’s because of her deep devotion and passion for our game.

With her strong support we began getting good coaches and players. First it was Scott Rueck and Oregon State. Then my Ducks went out and got Kelly Graves to leave Gonzaga. Now we have lots of excellent coaches in our Conference. Adia is just the latest. Until this year, Stanford wasn’t the best team in the Conference the past 3-4 years. They were no slouches. But they had stiff competition not just from Oregon, but from the Beavers, UCLA, both Arizona schools, and now Washington State is getting much better, too. There really was only one team not competitive this season. And they were hit so hard from injuries and Covid, that I felt good for them when they finally won a game. Arguably, my previously weak Conference, has become the strongest Conference in the country the last 2 years. Much of that credit goes to Tara, and I will be forever grateful she didn’t leave Stanford and head back East. Rumor had her thinking about a change around 2004/2005. Never confirmed, but plausible.

Great people build the Sport, not just their own team. Tara is a great person, IMO.
Well said. Tara has had some really bad luck over the years to not win a championship since 92 and a lot of people rate the pac12 by natties won despite having 6(?) programs in the last decade reach the final four.

She doesn’t just champion the sport but her coaching tree is insane and most of them stay in the west. I always appreciated how she only took female assistant coaches her entire career. Especially as a fan of volleyball where there hasn’t been a single female head coach to win a nattie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 05:37
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 20:47
aari mcdonald is so cute
She's straight right?
Yeah she got engaged at last years p12 tournament. I think Kelsey Plum was there as a panellist which was cool given their history

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chavez and Shelley are transferring from Oregon