Women's College Basketball

Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Guest »

Arizona not playing like they did against UConn so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 22:33
Arizona not playing like they did against UConn so far.
More like Stanford aren't falling for Arizona's tricks like Uconn did. You have to be super physical or they'll body you off the ball. But the last couple minutes on that quarter you could see Arizona's D really step up disrupting the 3 pt shot. Stanford needs to just get the ball to the post.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“Stanford spent 60 days on the road blah blah.” Yes, we know. You tell us this every single game ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stanford has to get it together or they're gonna lose. Just realized I don't know who Stanford's point guard is.

Cheez-It
Reactions:

Post by Cheez-It »

Can McDonald not go right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 22:51
Stanford has to get it together or they're gonna lose. Just realized I don't know who Stanford's point guard is.
Williams mostly. Wilson if she's on the bench. Jones isn't as good at controlling the dribble so they don't use her as a PG

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
Stanford is being too careless with the ball, partly because of the harassing nature of Arizona's defense. They are pesky and quick, and can get under their opponent's skin. Stanford knows this. I bet Tara isn't too happy with the first half scoring drought. Where did the offense go? No flow at all.

GghuhgC
Reactions:

Post by GghuhgC »

Cheez-It wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 23:01
Can McDonald not go right?
Not really lol but she’s so quick that it’s hard to force her that way. Plus lefty’s always find a way lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 23:02
Guest wrote:
Williams mostly. Wilson if she's on the bench. Jones isn't as good at controlling the dribble so they don't use her as a PG
Thanks. I hate that the transfer portal is overflowing, but if Tara’s willing she’ll find a good ball handler there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 23:16
Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 23:02
Guest wrote:
Thanks. I hate that the transfer portal is overflowing, but if Tara’s willing she’ll find a good ball handler there.
Stanford doesn't rely on transfers. I believe they can't help them in admissions so you have to be able to transfer on your own academics. They have a 3rd string freshman who plays when they're 20 up

Gests
Reactions:

Post by Gests »

Kiana Williams has been trash the last few games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stanford missing layups at the rim. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Congratulations Stanford! What tremendous effort from Arizona. :dance2:

popec
Reactions:

Post by popec »

Jesus, Stanford almost threw that one away.

FoolishG
Reactions:

Post by FoolishG »

I'm sorry but Aari can be selfish with the ball and tries too hard sometimes without realizing other people are open and forcing difficult shots when another look might be better

jhgyjjk
Reactions:

Post by jhgyjjk »

FoolishG wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:13
I'm sorry but Aari can be selfish with the ball and tries too hard sometimes without realizing other people are open and forcing difficult shots when another look might be better
She had two players wide open. Literally was quadruple team lmao oh well one more win for Tara over geno 🖕🏾

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FoolishG wrote:
Yeah I would've gone for Pellington for 2 if I was the coach, knowing that Stanford would double team Aari. But the inbounds pass was really bad, she should've called a timeout immediately. Stanford's last possession was also terrible. You can't just let the time run down without at least throwing a hail mary up at the rim and trying to get the rebound

FoolishG
Reactions:

Post by FoolishG »

jhgyjjk wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:16
FoolishG wrote:
She had two players wide open. Literally was quadruple team lmao oh well one more win for Tara over geno 🖕🏾
I am not just referring to the last play...that was difficult with bad inbound and the trap...but she had similar plays through the game when she should have made better decision and not force shots.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm so happy and emotional. What a game. Not even Rebecca and Ryan could ruin the drama of this game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Nerds survive 2 straight games. Congrats Stanford! :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm glad Jones got the MOP. She definitely stepped up big. Her and Hull never faulted all tournament. Williams gave up somewhere in the 3rd quarter against SC. I don't think she was even trying on some of those turnovers this game. The only thing that kept Stanford in it was rebounding. Hull, Jones, Prechtel, Brink had some big time rebounds. Brink gets into foul trouble way too much - been a problem all season but she's deadly on offense under the rim. Prechtel has to be pushing her as starter come next season.

Hihggghu
Reactions:

Post by Hihggghu »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:26
I'm so happy and emotional. What a game. Not even Rebecca and Ryan could ruin the drama of this game.
They weren’t nearly as bad bc they’re wasn’t a bias. Lobo clearly wanted a SC uconn final so she’s obvious in her bias. She’s so much more annoying in the WNBA with any uconn player too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:32
I'm glad Jones got the MOP. She definitely stepped up big. Her and Hull never faulted all tournament. Williams gave up somewhere in the 3rd quarter against SC. I don't think she was even trying on some of those turnovers this game. The only thing that kept Stanford in it was rebounding. Hull, Jones, Prechtel, Brink had some big time rebounds. Brink gets into foul trouble way too much - been a problem all season but she's deadly on offense under the rim. Prechtel has to be pushing her as starter come next season.
Didn't want to say it but yeah just her body language was all off thank god for Jones in these moments and Hull too yeah.

Hejisjem
Reactions:

Post by Hejisjem »

Guest wrote:
Honestly, Williams annoys me so much. Slumps her shoulders and pouts when things don’t go her way. Brink improved with fouling during the season but then struggled during the tournament with silly fouls. I’m super excited to see her progress bc she’s only going to get better. Still makes me laugh how players still try tho drive on her with those inspector gadget arms. Jones doesn’t get the attention she deserves bc she does disappear at times but she shown up the big time when they needed her the most. Wilson did good on Aari too but help defense is what help contain her from going off

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I agree Haley really stepped up BIG

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Hejisjem wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:47
Guest wrote:
Honestly, Williams annoys me so much. Slumps her shoulders and pouts when things don’t go her way. Brink improved with fouling during the season but then struggled during the tournament with silly fouls. I’m super excited to see her progress bc she’s only going to get better. Still makes me laugh how players still try tho drive on her with those inspector gadget arms. Jones doesn’t get the attention she deserves bc she does disappear at times but she shown up the big time when they needed her the most. Wilson did good on Aari too but help defense is what help contain her from going off
Do you think Williams being in front of her home town supporters made her too tight and caused all those stupid mistakes? I was unhappy at halftime with all those turnovers. I thought they would clean that up 2nd half. They were worse. 10 second and shot violation turnovers in the 4th quarter are on your pg, she should be holding the reins and steadying her team. I laughed when Tara said they didn’t play a very good game. No kidding. She was naming off all her players who contributed to their win. She hadn’t mentioned Kia, and then paused and said that Kia ran the team. She almost forgot her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:43
Guest wrote:
Didn't want to say it but yeah just her body language was all off thank god for Jones in these moments and Hull too yeah.
I'm surprised Tara kept her in when she's so quick to pull the others after 1 foul. But Jump wasn't giving anything and that poor freshman who came in once to get the 10s violation immediately. But Jones turns it over a lot too when she's the one handling the ball down the court. I don't know what the recruiting class is like but assuming Williams and Wilson both leave they are really going to struggle in the PG position. I know they have the #1 recruit in 2022 but it's another post player.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:58
Hejisjem wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do you think Williams being in front of her home town supporters made her too tight and caused all those stupid mistakes? I was unhappy at halftime with all those turnovers. I thought they would clean that up 2nd half. They were worse. 10 second and shot violation turnovers in the 4th quarter are on your pg, she should be holding the reins and steadying her team. I laughed when Tara said they didn’t play a very good game. No kidding. She was naming off all her players who contributed to their win. She hadn’t mentioned Kia, and then paused and said that Kia ran the team. She almost forgot her.
No she was great in the first 3 games in front of her supporters. She mentioned something to ESPN about how she was in a similar slump early on in the season because she was thinking too hard about the WNBA draft. I think once she had the great P12 tournament and those first 3 incredible NCAA games people started to talk about her going up in the draft. And she went back to that mindset

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm surprised Tara kept her in when she's so quick to pull the others after 1 foul. But Jump wasn't giving anything and that poor freshman who came in once to get the 10s violation immediately. But Jones turns it over a lot too when she's the one handling the ball down the court. I don't know what the recruiting class is like but assuming Williams and Wilson both leave they are really going to struggle in the PG position. I know they have the #1 recruit in 2022 but it's another post player.
I think Wilson could go for another year.

Nuinhinhj
Reactions:

Post by Nuinhinhj »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. Okay I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. Like every player gets subbed off so quickly besides Williams. She definitely needed a seat when she was forcing shots in both the Louisville and SC game. But hey, worked out in their favor lol apparently Tara knows better than me lol

Niunuie
Reactions:

Post by Niunuie »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 00:58
Hejisjem wrote:
Guest wrote:
Possibly. She’s definitely in her head player which never works well. I don’t see her being in the first round after those last few games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Uconn favored to win it all next year or can Stanford repeat?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lol I like Brink she's way more aggressive than the usual stanford players.
I think Kiana is the captain/leader? Maybe that's why?
Next year is gonna be SC year right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Wilson's already a 5th year and doing a masters. I'm sure she'd love to get a 6th year paid for but does she even have any more classes to take? Also if I was a senior not going pro I'd want to end my career on a high. It won't get much higher than a natty

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wilson's already a 5th year and doing a masters. I'm sure she'd love to get a 6th year paid for but does she even have any more classes to take? Also if I was a senior not going pro I'd want to end my career on a high. It won't get much higher than a natty
Wait isn't she class of 2021? How she's already on her 5th year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:22
I don't think Stanford can repeat. SC has a great recruiting class and obv Uconn has Fudd coming in. Who knows they might even find a post transfer and bench ONO. Arizona is going to struggle after Aari leaves, I really hope that they can get a couple years of great recruits from this run because I want to see them become a powerhouse program.

Sksisjj
Reactions:

Post by Sksisjj »

Guest wrote:
They’ll be favored bc of the media bias but next year will be a fun one. Stanford will most likely lose Williams and Wilson but have such a deep bench that they will be a contender still. Then you have SC, uconn, and Maryland

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
The experts will probably pick UConn first, then South Carolina. Stanford will be in the Top 5 even while losing most of their backcourt. Just a guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:31
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wait isn't she class of 2021? How she's already on her 5th year?
Nope 2020. I remember because she was the only player this year to be a part of Stanford's 2017 final four against SC

Jidnndii
Reactions:

Post by Jidnndii »

Louisville getting Emily engsler too will be a team to watch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sksisjj wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:33
Guest wrote:
They’ll be favored bc of the media bias but next year will be a fun one. Stanford will most likely lose Williams and Wilson but have such a deep bench that they will be a contender still. Then you have SC, uconn, and Maryland
That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stanford has great returning players. I don't know who is coming next year, but Point Guard is their #1 priority. And please work on those finishes.
Arizona needs offense, but they have a great coach - they almost won this thing. Next season will be most unpredictable.
Gonna enjoy the summer and look forward to next year. :dance2:

Odnehdh
Reactions:

Post by Odnehdh »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49
Sksisjj wrote:
Guest wrote:
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Sksisjj wrote:
Guest wrote:
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sksisjj wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Tell Brink to workout with Curry some more during the off-season and maker her the pg next year. :lol:

Gest
Reactions:

Post by Gest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:22
Guest wrote:
Sksisjj wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Tell Brink to workout with Curry some more during the off-season and maker her the pg next year. :lol:
Lol she does handle the ball pretty well for being like 7 foot tall lol I will say I’ve become a brink fan these last few games. Fun to watch and will become a terror in the pac 12

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Sksisjj wrote:

They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Jones would be a Much better choice. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Uconn and SC would come back next year angrier tho =_= Especially SC