WWE Divas/Superstars

itsmebitches
Reactions: 0

Post by itsmebitches »

I thought takeover started really well but the ME lost me.
Not only because it was overbooked but because I am beyond fed up with kicking out of every fucking move- including finishers - over and over and over and over again.
They throw away storytelling and the natural building of a match just to pop the crowd with big high impact moves and kickouts and it isn't just an NXT thing, it is a problem pro wrestling wide and has been for a long time now.
As for the women.
I thought DK and Tegan had a fantastic brawl and I am just happy that Tegan is alive after that final bump because that looked awful.
As for the title match, I thought it built to a very good match and it was probably the best individual performance of either woman's NXT career as neither is exactly Io out there but I thought both did a really good job.
Still think it is one on one at mania and based on the fact that Charlotte is a better wrestler than Bianca, her and Rhea should have a great match.

And you can quote me on that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't wait till the next draft/ shakeup. Raw needs more women ASAP.

Are the women's tag titles dead....

That main event became actual trash. NXT is head and shoulders above aew in storytelling. I was hooked But they completely overdid it last night. Hell if it was Finn that made the run in at least it's something different.

Time and time again the lighting at nxt and takeovers in insanely better then smack down raw and ppv. It becomes so much more pleasing to watch. You also have to wonder if wrestling instead of "entertainment" makes it more enjoyable to watch. I don't need to be seeing everyone in the crowd throughout the whole match

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I can't wait till the next draft/ shakeup. Raw needs more women ASAP.

Are the women's tag titles dead....

That main event became actual trash. NXT is head and shoulders above aew in storytelling. I was hooked But they completely overdid it last night. Hell if it was Finn that made the run in at least it's something different.

Time and time again the lighting at nxt and takeovers in insanely better then smack down raw and ppv. It becomes so much more pleasing to watch. You also have to wonder if wrestling instead of "entertainment" makes it more enjoyable to watch. I don't need to be seeing everyone in the crowd throughout the whole match
They need to eliminate the stupid draft and just go back to everyone competing on both shows. It opens up the divisions and feuds much more.

Skarlet

Post by Skarlet »

Rhea said that Charlotte was the one that came up with the idea for the finish at SS, with Rhea pinning her. So much for the 'Charlotte doesn't want to put anyone over' narrative ^o)

I find it strange that Asuka is in the EC match but Kairi isn't... they're both champions, so you either have both in it or none. Unless Kairi is injured.

If Bianca isn't added to the match at mania, then i really hope after mania she moves to RAW (since her husband is there).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So now Bianca Belair is calling out Charlotte Flair. I'd actually love a 1 on 1 with these two though. I'm looking forward to the Rhea Ripley/Charlotte match, so please, no triple threat matches though.

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

I agree about the women's division being in desperate need of new blood.
Io is almost certainly coming up as there is no point at all in keeping her in NXT any longer.
There appears to be a very good chance that Johnny Gargano is coming up which could lead to Candice coming up with him and you throw in Shayna right now and that gives you three.
They still need more though.
Toni, KLR and Viper are completely wasted in NXT UK so they should all be on the MR although if they are going to move Rhea up then Toni probably should take her place in NXT.
As for Bianca, well her husband is on Raw.
So in other words Raw gets:
Shayna
Rhea
Bianca
SD gets:
Io
Candice
KLR
NXT gets:
Toni
Viper

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this thread where we thirst over Becky? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is this thread where we thirst over Becky? :unsure:
Only if she drops that title soon and not to Shayna.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We are getting The Queen Charlotte Flair vs Bianca Belair this Wednesday on NXT! Woooo! I bet Rhea will come out and interrupt it, so probably no clean finish. Seems they are building towards a triple threat match at Wrestlemania after all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is this thread where we thirst over Becky? :unsure:
Becky with the good hair?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why would anyone bother with the Elimination Chamber match for the women. 3 jobbers to make Shayna look good and 2 vets to make sure Shayna doesn't accidentally expose herself all 5 of which have no chance of winning

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can someone please inform Rhea Ripley that she a lesbian
Thanks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Can someone please inform Rhea Ripley that she a lesbian
Thanks.
Speaking of, Rhea and Charlotte would make a hot couple. Rhea's very pretty. Don't know if Wrestlemania will go forward but I'm looking forward to their match.

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

WM is likely to take place at the PC just as SD and Raw are going to this week.
Of course that can all change but right now that is the direction things appear to be going.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches wrote:WM is likely to take place at the PC just as SD and Raw are going to this week.
Of course that can all change but right now that is the direction things appear to be going.

Yeah that won't happen, there's rumours that if it doesn't go ahead then they'll move it to June/July.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdgReJcN0Yk Yeah

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

Guest wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:WM is likely to take place at the PC just as SD and Raw are going to this week.

Yeah that won't happen, there's rumours that if it doesn't go ahead then they'll move it to June/July.
Well I was going to say before SD that the only way to delay WM for 3 months would be to shut down the company.... I guess that is what they are doing.
The problem is if they were to continue with business as usual there would be no way of delaying all those matches for that long, however you can do that if you shut it all down which at this point they should because you can't produce seven hours a week of TV like the episode of SD yesterday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks.

I mean come on...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The black girl's pretty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thanks.

I mean come on...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The black girl's pretty.
Bianca Belair

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks.

I mean come on...
There's NO way this girl is straight. Is she still dating that dude?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks.

I mean come on...
There's NO way this girl is straight. Is she still dating that dude?
As of Oct. last year, as far as I know...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are actually doing WrestleMania at the PC

https://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/wrestlemania/...ia-36-statement

Skarlet

Post by Skarlet »

Another dumb and cringy Becky moment and online people are starting to complain... a lot!

Wtf is her character now? She's gonna beat Shayna at mania, then most likely feud with Nia and then she's gonna wait for Ronda to come back and beat her again. Her character has always been annoying to me but at least now more people are getting tired of it. That awkward moment with Austin just proves it.

Her mania entrance is gonna involve that stupid truck isn't it? ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Skarlet wrote:Another dumb and cringy Becky moment and online people are starting to complain... a lot!

Wtf is her character now? She's gonna beat Shayna at mania, then most likely feud with Nia and then she's gonna wait for Ronda to come back and beat her again. Her character has always been annoying to me but at least now more people are getting tired of it. That awkward moment with Austin just proves it.

Her mania entrance is gonna involve that stupid truck isn't it?  ^o)
I never understood the Becky hype, plus, she's held on to that belt come Wrestlemania for a year! Move on WWE!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mania at the Performance Center is going to be strange. On one hand, it's best just to get it done with and hopefully for a few weeks let talent have time off. Not sure when things will be safe enough for live shows with crowds to resume. But some time off before could be nice.

Instead of a live Mania this year though, maybe taping all the Mania matches and segments during the week before over the course of a few days and airing a pretaped show could work better? Doing a 4-5 hour live show in front of no crowd might be harder for all as opposed to 1 or 2 hour show with lots of prerecorded content like Raw and Smack have done the last 2 shows.

On the negative.... Rhea's big Mania moment. Drew's likely big title win. Edge's first singles match back. Feels awkward and wrong that those will be in front of no live crowd of fans to give reaction.

On a plus side with an empty place, imagine the echos of Charlotte's chops or the impact of Drew's claymore kick to Brock.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BOSS time! Go get that Smackdown title Sasha Banks! Wooo!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm calling this now. Bianca Belair will interfere in the Rhea/Charlotte match costing one of them the title (I say Rhea). Charlotte wins and Bianca wins the belt from her. There's a reason Bianca has been away "nursing her injury" since that beatdown in her match with Charlotte. Gone but not forgotten them bam!

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

It's been a while.
Can't believe they are doing an empty arena WM.
It is one thing if they had an audience at the PC but this is just stupid.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has spent any time watching classic wrestling and if not, who is the wrestler you would go back and watch?

Skarlet

Post by Skarlet »

itsmebitches wrote:It's been a while.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has spent any time watching classic wrestling and if not, who is the wrestler you would go back and watch?

In their prime: Ric Flair, Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Andre the Giant. If you're talking about japanese wrestlers then i have no idea lol

But i wish i could go back to when i was a kid to rewatch Eddie and Benoits matches. I saw them but i didn't really enjoy them like i would now.

Speaking of mania, i'm really surprised no spoilers have been leaked about the show. It's been a week right?

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

Skarlet wrote:

In their prime: Ric Flair, Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Andre the Giant. If you're talking about japanese wrestlers then i have no idea lol

But i wish i could go back to when i was a kid to rewatch Eddie and Benoits matches. I saw them but i didn't really enjoy them like i would now.

Speaking of mania, i'm really surprised no spoilers have been leaked about the show. It's been a week right?
The 1989 series between Flair and Steamboat is still great to watch. Physical, intense and fast paced.
Eddie is one of the greatest of his time, perhaps all time as Jushin "Thunder" Liger called him the best wrestler he was ever in the ring with.
As for Benoit. There was a discussion on another board one time about Kurt Angle's greatest matches and the RR match with Benoit was talked about as perhaps his best so I reluctantly went back and watched it and while it was one hell of a match, I immediately knew afterwards that I could never watch another Benoit match ever again. I cannot seperate the wrestler from the man and what he did.

As for me, my top 3 would be:
Manami Toyota
Bret Hart
Mitsuharu Misawa
And the thing is I have continued to watch them over the years. Especially Manami.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well, that was a waste. If Charlotte wins tomorrow nobody better say a damn thing about it!

Skarlet

Post by Skarlet »

itsmebitches wrote:
Skarlet wrote:

The 1989 series between Flair and Steamboat is still great to watch. Physical, intense and fast paced.
Eddie is one of the greatest of his time, perhaps all time as Jushin "Thunder" Liger called him the best wrestler he was ever in the ring with.
As for Benoit. There was a discussion on another board one time about Kurt Angle's greatest matches and the RR match with Benoit was talked about as perhaps his best so I reluctantly went back and watched it and while it was one hell of a match, I immediately knew afterwards that I could never watch another Benoit match ever again. I cannot seperate the wrestler from the man and what he did.

Manami Toyota
Bret Hart
Mitsuharu Misawa
And the thing is I have continued to watch them over the years. Especially Manami.

I know what you mean about Benoit. It is hard to watch knowing what he did...

I was watching Eddie the other day and comparing him to wrestlers now, it seems like he was super quick in his moves and really smooth. Again, i just felt like i didn't really enjoy him the way i should back then.

What did you think of the boneyeard match? lol Idk why i loved it way too much. Reminded me of a short horror movie. People were talking about Matt Hardy and his TNA broken days, i've never watched that so is it really the same thing?

The other matches were good but not having a crowd reacting to some moves takes away the 'omg' aspect.

They're either saving Becky for Ronda, which sucks because that could take another year, or they're giving the title to Nia when she comes back.

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

Skarlet wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:
Skarlet wrote:

Manami Toyota
Bret Hart
Mitsuharu Misawa

I know what you mean about Benoit. It is hard to watch knowing what he did...

I was watching Eddie the other day and comparing him to wrestlers now, it seems like he was super quick in his moves and really smooth. Again, i just felt like i didn't really enjoy him the way i should back then.

What did you think of the boneyeard match? lol Idk why i loved it way too much. Reminded me of a short horror movie. People were talking about Matt Hardy and his TNA broken days, i've never watched that so is it really the same thing?

The other matches were good but not having a crowd reacting to some moves takes away the 'omg' aspect.

They're either saving Becky for Ronda, which sucks because that could take another year, or they're giving the title to Nia when she comes back.
Well I can't comment directly on the boneyard match as I didn't watch any of WM last night and I won't tonight either as I just can't get into the idea of an empty arena WM, however from what I read and heard about the match I don't think I would have liked it at all.
As for Becky winning. I am no great fan of Shayna as a performer in the ring but it certainly felt like it was time for a change.
The argument could easily be made though that nothing that happens on either of these two shows matters given the circumstances although one of the WWE's biggest problems for a long time now has been that nothing matters.

As for Eddie, he was a fantastic athlete and really one of the great all-around performers in history.
Actually one of my favorite little Eddie moments was in his famous match with Rey at Halloween Havoc where Rey was on the top rope and Eddie realized that he was slightly out of position to take the move so he took a tiny step to reposition himself and he took it perfectly.
Just a great talent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is awesome shit! Didn't think Charlotte would win but glad she did just to lose all the a$$holes off! Great match btw! Wonder how this will payoff?

jax
Reactions:

Post by jax »

As someone who was a huge Benoit fan I completely understand the feeling about watching anything with him. I have the dvd the WWE did after he won the title that has matches from his New Japan days and many of his best WWE matches and I tried watching the matches once but couldn't watch a full match. I still have the DVD and it is packed away with no real desire to watch it again even in these times with a lack of shows to watch.

Not surprised with Shayna not winning. With everything be rumored and with how she has been perceived on RAW I can see Vince not wanting to go with her. Of course with Charlotte winning tonight, this could also be an indication that Vince isn't happy with NXT and HHH and is involving himself more. Especially with the demotion HHH got a few weeks back.

The boneyard match is a mix reaction for me. It was entertaining but it definitely felt kind of campy. However, if Taker no longer does anything else than this was a great send off and better than anything he has had since the streak was broken. Considering how long it is supposed to have taken to film the match I am not surprised that it is getting some good reactions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All I need now is for Sasha to win the Smackdown title and I'll forget about what happened yesterday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:All I need now is for Sasha to win the Smackdown title and I'll forget about what happened yesterday.
Welp

Skarlet

Post by Skarlet »

I know i'm really biased but i feel like Charlotte vs Rhea was the best mania match.

I'm still processing that Firefly stuff... idk if i liked it or hated it lol So confusing.

Sad that Drew didn't get the crowd cheering him, but at least he's the champion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Skarlet wrote:I know i'm really biased but i feel like Charlotte vs Rhea was the best mania match.

I'm still processing that Firefly stuff... idk if i liked it or hated it lol So confusing.

Sad that Drew didn't get the crowd cheering him, but at least he's the champion.
Happy for Drew! And, yes, the Charlotte/Rhea match delivered! I knew they would. Both ladies looked really strong in the match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think wwe needs a hard reset and some time off. The can do things really well and then really bad. Both vignettes/matches were great. Actuall wrestling though wasn't. All night one matches seemed rushed. Night two had to much time is some matches. Some matches didn't need to be aired. Both men's titles were trash even though I like drew winning. Whoever is booking Becky's matches why do they keep pulling out the wonky abrupt finishes. I think they should take some time off and then have the draft before money in the bank. The women on smack down need to switch with raw women. And I don't want to see month long fueds anymore with 100 matches in between. Would love to just see some solid matches and then some good storyline's in between. Maybe a women's king of the ring or round robin type tournament. Hell even the men's. Both shows should use there whole roster and just have some plain old wrestling matches that aren't so bloody scripted

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Queen of the ring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There were 3 matches that garnered an 'A' from critics, Cena/Bray, Undertaker/AJ and Charlotte/Rhea. Only one of these matches wasn't a gimmick match...

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

So after hearing Dave and Bryan's review of mania I have some stuff to say.
I cannot believe they did a choke spot using gym equipment during the LMS match. That is fucking awful and everyone involved deserves condemnation for it.

As for Charlotte and Rhea, I can't fucking believe how badly they buried Rhea. Not only does she do the job but Charlotte also kicks out of the riptide. Like WTF. They made Rhea look like a second rate nobody. Beating her and killing her finishing move. This is why the WWE sucks and is incapable of making new stars.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches,Apr 7 2020, 05:13 PM wrote:So after hearing Dave and Bryan's review of mania I have some stuff to say.
I cannot believe they did a choke spot using gym equipment during the LMS match. That is fucking awful and everyone involved deserves condemnation for it.

As for Charlotte and Rhea, I can't fucking believe how badly they buried Rhea. Not only does she do the job but Charlotte also kicks out of the riptide. Like WTF. They made Rhea look like a second rate nobody. Beating her and killing her finishing move. This is why the WWE sucks and is incapable of making new stars.

Rhea did not get buried. Geesh. She looked great in that match. She went over 20 min with a legend, mounted great offense and lost. There's no shame in that. She's 23 and will bounce back. Look at Bianca. Now Shayna looked worse in defeat to Becky. They spent the majority of the roster to build her up, make her look unstoppable only to have her lose by quick pin in a short match to Becky. Not buried by any means but harder to come back from.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can any knowledgeable wwe women wrestling fans name all of the wrestlers Charlotte has allegedly burried?

itsmebitches

Post by itsmebitches »

I never said Charlotte has buried everyone but what happened with Rhea was a burial and Charlotte has enough of a say in her matches and should know enough to know that the way that match was booked was a burial.
Charlotte kicked out of her finisher.
Supposedly took most of the offense.
Beat her clean at the finish by tapout.
And then on Raw she cuts a promo that buried Rhea even more.
Just because a match goes 20 minutes doesn't mean it isn't a burial.
I have watched far to many UFC fights that have gone the full 25 minutes where there was clearly one fighter superior to the other.
Every description of this match I have read talks about this match like that. Charlotte being presented as clearly superior by the end of the match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches,Apr 8 2020, 05:25 PM wrote:I never said Charlotte has buried everyone but what happened with Rhea was a burial and Charlotte has enough of a say in her matches and should know enough to know that the way that match was booked was a burial.
I have watched far to many UFC fights that have gone the full 25 minutes where there was clearly one fighter superior to the other.
Every description of this match I have read talks about this match like that. Charlotte being presented as clearly superior by the end of the match.

No, it wasn't directed at you personally. It 's become a narrative for her and I just wanted names of the buried bodies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches,Apr 8 2020, 05:25 PM wrote:I never said Charlotte has buried everyone but what happened with Rhea was a burial and Charlotte has enough of a say in her matches and should know enough to know that the way that match was booked was a burial.

Bianca fans were wailing about Charlotte burying her too with a clean win less than two months ago. Now that she's on Raw they've completely forgotten about their nonsense and are eagerly waiting for her to challenge Becky for the title. Fans are fickle and have short memories concerning their favs. Rhea is 7 years younger than Bianca and lost to a legend. She'll get over it.