WNBA - Part III

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I just saw the IG story of Sue Bird wishing the Olympics crew well wishes. Is she not going to the Olympics next year?
She should be back in shape by then, shouldn't she? I could maybe see taurasi not making the olympics since her injury is a bit more serious, but I don't see any reason why Sue would skip out on the olympics? Idk...
Maybe she's thinking of retiring

I think Sue is going to retire in 2021. One more Olympics for her, and one more push at another WNBA title when Stewie comes back in 2020. I think she plays one more season in the WNBA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did Aerial Powers break up with a girlfriend? The photo with her girlfriend are taking down on insta.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Did Aerial Powers break up with a girlfriend? The photo with her girlfriend are taking down on insta.
Wow! I thought she was 100% straight. Well, now she can show off her championship ring to any future suitors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This should be posted here. Congratulations to the Washington Mystics, the 2019 WNBA Champions. Also, congratulations to Emma Meesseman for being the Finals MVP. :wub:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizard...tics-wnba-title

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:This should be posted here. Congratulations to the Washington Mystics, the 2019 WNBA Champions. Also, congratulations to Emma Meesseman for being the Finals MVP.  :wub:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizard...tics-wnba-title
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizard...gton-post-cover

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Super happy for the Mystics! Playoff Emma was brilliant.
And glad to see tony kornheiser get some push back.

itsmebitches
Reactions: 0

Post by itsmebitches »

So this is not a story that is getting anywhere near the coverage that it should because it is women's basketball and so few people care but I wanted to talk about the HOF and how farcical the whole thing is.
Yesterday was the announcement of the candidates for this year which included some huge names on the men's side.
The women's side is a whole different story.
Firstly did you know that there is this whole bizarre voting process for the NBHOF.
There is like one committee that sends the candidates through to the second committee who in the case of the men can vote up to ten new men through every year for final selection however for women it is only 2.
That is right only 2.
How fucking mysoginistic is that shit.
However it gets worse as the two candidates that the female committe sent through were Catch which makes sense but the other on was Swin.
Now you may not see that as a big deal but there would have been two other people on that list, Penny Taylor and LAUREN JACKSON.
That is right a so-called panel of experts selected Swin over LJ.
They chose, at best, a borderline HOF candidate over one of the greatest players in the history of the game.
Who the fuck was on that panel.
The issue isn't just about LJ, it is about both the mysoginy of the process and the selection process.
Can you.imagine if this happened with the men. Someone like LJ not being put straight into the HOF. There would be outrage but because it is women nobody cares but basketball people really should because it is ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Two things:
Candace Parker might have married her girlfriend last weekend
Brianna Stewart now has a girlfriend?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

itsmebitches wrote:So this is not a story that is getting anywhere near the coverage that it should because it is women's basketball and so few people care but I wanted to talk about the HOF and how farcical the whole thing is.
Yesterday was the announcement of the candidates for this year which included some huge names on the men's side.
The women's side is a whole different story.
Firstly did you know that there is this whole bizarre voting process for the NBHOF.
There is like one committee that sends the candidates through to the second committee who in the case of the men can vote up to ten new men through every year for final selection however for women it is only 2.
That is right only 2.
How fucking mysoginistic is that shit.
However it gets worse as the two candidates that the female committe sent through were Catch which makes sense but the other on was Swin.
Now you may not see that as a big deal but there would have been two other people on that list, Penny Taylor and LAUREN JACKSON.
That is right a so-called panel of experts selected Swin over LJ.
They chose, at best, a borderline HOF candidate over one of the greatest players in the history of the game.
Who the fuck was on that panel.
The issue isn't just about LJ, it is about both the mysoginy of the process and the selection process.
Can you.imagine if this happened with the men. Someone like LJ not being put straight into the HOF. There would be outrage but because it is women nobody cares but basketball people really should because it is ridiculous.
Candidates should be Jackson, Catchings and Taylor before Cash. All of them retired 2016.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Two things:
:blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone made a thread for Women's College Basketball :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who do y'all see making the Olympic roster?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone else a bit worried for the olympics? I'm sure usa will pull through as always, but still, i think that loss to oregon made people realize that they're not invincible, maybe it'll give the other teams the confidence they needed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is anyone else a bit worried for the olympics? I'm sure usa will pull through as always, but still, i think that loss to oregon made people realize that they're not invincible, maybe it'll give the other teams the confidence they needed

To be fair USA didn't really have there A squad out there, granted they probably should have still won lol, but I think once they have there legit squad out there they should be fine.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is anyone else a bit worried for the olympics? I'm sure usa will pull through as always, but still, i think that loss to oregon made people realize that they're not invincible, maybe it'll give the other teams the confidence they needed
They have games against UConn and Louisville, those results should tell them a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Those emojis right there were my first thought!!!!lol So Candice is bi now? Man, I have been out of the loop! I'm just getting too old I guess to care or keep up with the WNBA news! I was actually recently SHOCKED that Griner dated Anthony Davis!!!!!! That was news to me! He spoke highly of her and their time together too!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bump

Black_Beauty
Reactions: 0

Post by Black_Beauty »

Guest wrote:Bump
Thank you for bumping this thread anon. Been looking for this damn thread.

Anyway, what do y'all think about Katie Lou Samuelson? Does she ping or nah?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Black_Beauty wrote:
Guest wrote:Bump
Thank you for bumping this thread anon. Been looking for this damn thread.

Anyway, what do y'all think about Katie Lou Samuelson? Does she ping or nah?

Meh she's ok

And definitely straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hottest girl in the WNBA????? (Gay obviously)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Hottest girl in the WNBA????? (Gay obviously)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Angel McCoughtry - Aces
Kristi Toliver - Sparks
Morgan Tuck - Storm
Jonquel Jones - Sun
Kalani Brown - traded to Dream
Brittney Sykes - traded to Sparks
Marie Gulich - traded to Sparks

source: https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1226923315438268418

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Angel McCoughtry - Aces
Kristi Toliver - Sparks
Morgan Tuck - Storm
Jonquel Jones - Sun
Kalani Brown - traded to Dream
Brittney Sykes - traded to Sparks
Marie Gulich - traded to Sparks

source: https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1226923315438268418
- DeWanna Bonner (Sun)
- Elena Delle Donne (Mystics)
- Isabelle Harrison (Wings)
- Tierra Ruffin-Pratt (Sparks)
- Astou Ndour (traded to Wings)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really wish this was less of a gossip thread and more of an all things WNBA thread. There have been so many moves lately and it's like a drop in a bucket out here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I really wish this was less of a gossip thread and more of an all things WNBA thread. There have been so many moves lately and it's like a drop in a bucket out here.
Old pathetic nasty lesbians love to drool over young lesbian athletes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/gabe_ibrahim/status/122...5512832/photo/1
What do you think Chicago's next move is? According to this, they have the most remaining cap space.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Connecticut Sun Guard Courtney Williams is marrying a youtuber. :lolscroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Connecticut Sun Guard Courtney Williams is marrying a youtuber. :lolscroll:

"
Too soon, too young.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Connecticut Sun Guard Courtney Williams is marrying a youtuber. :lolscroll:

"
Too soon, too young.
Between her or her dad, idk who's more annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

"
Too soon, too young.
Her dad is fine he is just annoying because ESPN overkill everything they do until it is painful
CW is great for the league even though she is not my taste I love her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Super busy off season this year. Is Courtney's fiance from Atlanta because that's where she's heading? Augustus heading to Los Angeles. Alana Beard retired. Exciting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Super busy off season this year.  Is Courtney's fiance from Atlanta because that's where she's heading? Augustus heading to Los Angeles.  Alana Beard retired. Exciting.
Nope she requested to get traded because they wouldn't pay her enough. She wanted to stay but wouldn't with what they were offering

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Super busy off season this year. Is Courtney's fiance from Atlanta because that's where she's heading? Augustus heading to Los Angeles. Alana Beard retired. Exciting.
Nope she requested to get traded because they wouldn't pay her enough. She wanted to stay but wouldn't with what they were offering
The did end up offering her the max available to her but she was originally offered less so they could lock in Jones and get Bonner with hopes of having some cap flexibility. Basically CT made it clear who they valued and who they felt was replaceable and it rubbed Williams the wrong way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Super busy off season this year. Is Courtney's fiance from Atlanta because that's where she's heading? Augustus heading to Los Angeles. Alana Beard retired. Exciting.
OK, thanks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

"
Too soon, too young.
Her dad is fine he is just annoying because ESPN overkill everything they do until it is painful
CW is great for the league even though she is not my taste I love her
As much as they hyped them it was embarrassing for them to lose. At least she won't be a role player in for the dream

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The did end up offering her the max available to her but she was originally offered less so they could lock in Jones and get Bonner with hopes of having some cap flexibility. Basically CT made it clear who they valued and who they felt was replaceable and it rubbed Williams the wrong way.
Exactly. She left because she was butthurt. They traded Bonner for the supermax but only offered her the max. So she went to ATL, where she is getting the same max she would of got at CT.
She wanted to be in ATL but for some reason refuses to admit it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

"
Too soon, too young.
x 100 As a Mercury fan I was and I am happy they traded her away early on. I know many fans didn't like it and regretted it but not me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Exactly. She left because she was butthurt. They traded Bonner for the supermax but only offered her the max. So she went to ATL, where she is getting the same max she would of got at CT.
She wanted to be in ATL but for some reason refuses to admit it.
DA. She likes the attention so she strumming up a storyline

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am not a fan of Seimone Augustus playing for the Sparks. After their rivalry with the Lynx it just feels wrong to have her on our side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I am not a fan of Seimone Augustus playing for the Sparks. After their rivalry with the Lynx it just feels wrong to have her on our side.
Does anyone know why she was traded?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I am not a fan of Seimone Augustus playing for the Sparks. After their rivalry with the Lynx it just feels wrong to have her on our side.
She wasn't traded she chose to go to LA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She wasn't traded she chose to go to LA
Serious?! I always thought she wanted to retire as a Lynx.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe LA offered her more money

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Apparently LA actually offered less money than Minny. So she must be moving for the chance to win one more title or maybe just a change of scenery.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natasha Howard looks like a man for real and I'm not trying to be shady.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Apparently LA actually offered less money than Minny.  So she must be moving for the chance to win one more title or maybe just a change of scenery.
I don't necessarily fault her for that but why the rival Sparks? You'd think she'd want a different landing spot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Natasha Howard looks like a man for real and I'm not trying to be shady.
Welp, I went there to disagree with you but it looks like I can't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sabrina Ionescu :wub: gonna have to start stanning
I didn't know her voice was low she looks different in pics she's not photogenic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Sabrina Ionescu  :wub: gonna have to start stanning
I didn't know her voice was low she looks different in pics she's not photogenic
I mean she looks better in video