Some love for the Biathlon ladies

alfaia
Reactions:

Post by alfaia »

I know it's not very known in the americas, but its the most popular winter sport in Europe, one of the few where men and women get equal pay and attention and I just adore the female biathletes, so many kind, powerful and beautiful women :wub: Anyone else a fan?

Some of my favourites:

Dorothea Wierer

Paulina Fialkova

Hanna berg

Tirl Eckhoff

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who is a lesbian?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Who is a lesbian?
This is the most important question on this board :P
But yeah I like biathlon, its more exciting than cross - country skiing wich became boring, one country show

alfaia
Reactions:

Post by alfaia »

Guest wrote:
This is the most important question on this board :P
But yeah I like biathlon, its more exciting than cross - country skiing wich became boring, one country show
apparently - even thought here is no problem at all in talking endlessly about 100 percent straight women ;) anyway, I just really enjoy the grace and power of biathletes. And regarding the gay question, I always felt Laura Dahlmeier pings really really hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did Laura Dahlmeier quit? She is still young. I have always thought she cant be straight.

Dorothea Wierer is fucking gorgeous.

Biathlon is way more exiting than cross country. Therese Johaug ruined womens cross-country for being too good. Nothing way from her tho. Im curious to see how her running career will take off next summer. We will probably see her in European championship and who knows maybe in summer Olympics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1% of the total population.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Did Laura Dahlmeier quit? She is still young. I have always thought she cant be straight.

Biathlon is way more exiting than cross country. Therese Johaug ruined womens cross-country for being too good. Nothing way from her tho. Im curious to see how her running career will take off next summer. We will probably see her in European championship and who knows maybe in summer Olympics.
Johaug served a doping ban and her poor me attitude after that irritated me a lot. Norway has some interesting ''legal'' doping practices, but so do all the cross country nations it seems so they're not alone in that.

I prefer Biathlon its more fun and the jeopardy of shooting mixes things up and gives the chance for some of the slower skiers to have a chance. Like the last race, Linn Persson who isn't a fast skier was able to get on the podium because she only missed on shot whereas the faster skiers missed more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've always had a bit of a thing for Kaisa Makarainen. It's not just how she looks I think its also the boom and bust nature of how she goes about her biathlon, and the fact that she is sometimes so obviously taken by nerves. Being a fan of hers is about huge highs and low lows, lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I've always had a bit of a thing for Kaisa Makarainen.  It's not just how she looks I think its also the boom and bust nature of how she goes about her biathlon, and the fact that she is sometimes so obviously taken by nerves.  Being a fan of hers is about huge highs and low lows, lol.
DA, Kaisa also has quite a fun dorky personality as well.

I agree about Biathlon is allows for a bit more variety in results and being a fast skier isn't enough for you to win you need some shooting accuracy as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vittozzi tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Did Laura Dahlmeier quit? She is still young. I have always thought she cant be straight.

Laura Dahlmeier quit on May 17th this year and I think till now, no signs of a boyfriend ;-)...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was just there live for Laura Dahlmeier's race in Gelsenkirchen - I had tears in my eyes. 6 months after no biathlon and she outruns Doro Wierer and shoots 39/40. A legend. I will miss her. And I still hope she will come out someday )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Really happy finding this forum :D

I think Laura pings really hard. Otherwise my gaydar is broken....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it just my impression or does Justine Braisaz pings to you as well?

alfaia
Reactions: 0

Post by alfaia »

Guest wrote:Is it just my impression or does Justine Braisaz pings to you as well?
She does a bit :) What about Tiril Eckhoff? What would you say?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

alfaia wrote:
Guest wrote:Is it just my impression or does Justine Braisaz pings to you as well?

Tiril is cute but she has a boyfriend since several years.

alfaia
Reactions: 0

Post by alfaia »

Guest wrote:
alfaia wrote:
Tiril is cute but she has a boyfriend since several years.
Oh really, a biathlete? Too bad :dramaqueen: but I love her, she is such a character :)

Reactions:

Re: Some love for the Biathlon ladies

Post by Guest »

Next weekend the Biathlon season will start.
It was extra fun last season as a Eckhoff fan. I hope she is in the same shape as last season. ⛷

guestie
Veteran
Reactions: 153

Post by guestie »

I'm excited for the new season. Sad there will be no Kaisa but the women's field is more than competitive enough to keep me well entertained. Be interesting to see if any new faces make a mark this season and who takes the step up from being in the pack to becoming a contender to win a few races. Hermann has to pace to dominate but not the consistency on the shooting. Eckhoff blows hot and cold but maybe last season and her successes shows she's turned a corner. I'm eager to see if Simon can kick on from the fine end she had to the season. She may also help push Braisaz back to top form. Hopefully Vittozzi can have a better season because last season was a bit of a disappointment after her highs during the previous one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nice to see there's another biathlon fan.
I think there's a chance that Hermann will take part in the fight for the overall win. She improved her shooting in the end of the season and even won a few times. I think Braisaz too, but I don't think Simon will have improved her skiing speed so much that she can follow the others.
I hope Vittozzi will have a better season.
I'm hoping for some great races and with Tiril as the overall winner.
Do you have a favorite to cheer for?

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Guest wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 00:11
Nice to see there's another biathlon fan.
I think there's a chance that Hermann will take part in the fight for the overall win. She improved her shooting in the end of the season and even won a few times. I think Braisaz too, but I don't think Simon will have improved her skiing speed so much that she can follow the others.
I hope Vittozzi will have a better season.
I'm hoping for some great races and with Tiril as the overall winner.
Do you have a favorite to cheer for?
I don't really have a favourite anymore with Kaisa's retirement. I have a soft spot for Hanna Öberg, and I do hope to see Preuß realise more of her potential despite her immune system doing its best to prevent that. Davidova could maybe become a favourite for me cheer for.

I agree on Simon probably not having the ski speed but I do think she could increase the speed a little and with her fast shooting she could certainly become a consistent top 10 performer. I just think having a bit of internal support in the French camp for wins and such might help Braisaz and Simon to drag each other along a bit. Dorin Habert didn't see her biggest successes until later in her career after motherhood so maybe someone may have that kind of breakout too.

I am interested to see how Michela Carrara does given there seems to be a lot of potential there, might be the person to share the load with Vittozzi after Doro for Italy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I also enjoy Hanna Øberg. She is really good, both in shooting and on skies. If she can slow her shooting down a little bit and take fewer risks then I think she will win more.
I will miss Kaisa too. It was cool to see a woman at 37 be top 3 fastest 👍🏾

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am wanting to see some breakthrough performances this year. There were some great races by the Czechs last year. And the French are finally getting over Doran's retirement. I would like to see Olsbu race a full too! I think Oberg for the full globe and I like that the u25's will have their own category. I hope Stina Nilsson races in some IBU Cup races this year. I would like to see how she is progressing. I have heard nothing about that since March.

ccccccc
Reactions:

Post by ccccccc »

lol my gaydar pings a lot when i see a certain athlethe who never poses with a boyfriend

almost all of her female teammates post photos with their boyfriends
she never does- she could be very private- but she also pings for me a lot :heart:

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Guest wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 09:33
I am wanting to see some breakthrough performances this year. There were some great races by the Czechs last year. And the French are finally getting over Doran's retirement. I would like to see Olsbu race a full too! I think Oberg for the full globe and I like that the u25's will have their own category. I hope Stina Nilsson races in some IBU Cup races this year. I would like to see how she is progressing. I have heard nothing about that since March.
I'm eager to see Nilssons transition. We've seen Hermann do very well but we're also seen others not have as much success so we'll have to wait and see how she does, but it could add some extra spice to things and in the relay she might be a great asset for Sweden with the extra rounds.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Isn't she the first lesbian biathlete who's out?
We should support her :dance2: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ccccccc wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 09:46
lol my gaydar pings a lot when i see a certain athlethe who never poses with a boyfriend

she never does- she could be very private- but she also pings for me a lot :heart:
Who?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 11:53
ccccccc wrote:

Who?
Da, do you mean Hinz?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 11:37

No, thanks. She has pronouns in her bio :fool:

jojojojjo
Reactions:

Post by jojojojjo »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 13:34
Guest wrote:

Who are you talking about?
i can´t see the post because my ublock probably blocks it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder why I’ve never watched this sport. xc skiing + guns = :$

And one of the Canadians is gay! Cool all around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jojojojjo wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 14:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Megan Bankes/Canada

jjjljljlj
Reactions:

Post by jjjljljlj »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 15:32
jojojojjo wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 14:21
Guest wrote:

Megan Bankes/Canada
:hug: thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 13:32
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 11:53
ccccccc wrote:

Who?
Da, do you mean Hinz?
DA Hinz doesn't ping for me at all...

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Well Kontiolahti was interesting. Swedes were all super fast. Hanna Oberg looked like she ran out of steam today but its all relative given she still managed a podium to cap off some fabulous results for her in Finland. Alimbekava has had a fantastic start and looks like she could be the new leader of the Belarussian team after the losses of Dasha and Skardino in the past few seasons. Tiril had a very topsy turvy few weeks with some truly awful results and then the win today with 20/20. Hermannn doesn't look quite on it yet but she's been in decent form whereas Doro has been up and down with her form. Simon had an incredible rise up the standings in todays pursuit going up almost 40 places, maybe fuelled by her good memories from her last pursuit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't understand why I feel such joy when Tiril wins. I never had her as one of my favorites. I don't have any favorite teams but most of my favorite athletes have retired. I do like a fast skier. It must just be her face when she does well. Her smile is something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I came accros a German page where they have posted an article (posted two days ago) with pictures of some of the Biathlon women. I felt like sharing it here. Hope you dont mind. I`ll posted it under spoiler.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Today's winner
1 Tiril Eckhoff
2 Tandrevold
3 Roeiseland

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tiril is just a wonder to watch ⛷
And what a beautiful winter wonderland Oberhof is showing ☃️

guestie
Veteran

Post by guestie »

Looks like its going to be Tiril and Marte going h2h for the globe this season. Great to see Hauser getting some podiums as an individual finally. She's really upped her ski speed this season. Her shooting suffered for that a lot in the first world cup stops of the season but it seems here in Oberhof her shooting is better under control and she's more used to the higher speed and stress she's coming into the range at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Re:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 13:10
Vittozzi tho
Hottest of them all.
Damn. *lip bite

Aemeth
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Tiril just is this fierce fighter on the skies and then turns into one giant beautiful goofball as soon as she's finished the race :D Love her