Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

I know I am way behind the times but I *finally* just finished SKY Castle and I loved it. Been a Kim Seo-hyung fan forever so I don't know why I waited so long! What a role. And every time she had her hair down... :rageblush: :rageblush:

What should I watch next? I do love a makjang (I'll get to Penthouse eventually), but I'm thinking either Green Mothers Club or Little Women for a change of pace, which would y'all suggest? I also still need to watch Glitch! So many choices!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 01:32
I know I am way behind the times but I *finally* just finished SKY Castle and I loved it. Been a Kim Seo-hyung fan forever so I don't know why I waited so long! What a role. And every time she had her hair down... :rageblush: :rageblush:

What should I watch next? I do love a makjang (I'll get to Penthouse eventually), but I'm thinking either Green Mothers Club or Little Women for a change of pace, which would y'all suggest? I also still need to watch Glitch! So many choices!
It depends on what you're looking to find.

The LW thread has stuff about it that you may be interested in reading: https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80625
I have GMC on my watchlist, but am not in a hurry to watch it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 11:47
I'm watching Birthcare Centre now and I'm loving it.

It's an all women environment and they have very charming friendships with each other.

I know all of them are heterosexual but it's also quite a bit subversively feminist. 100% recommend
I just watched the first episode and it had the best English line I've ever heard in a K-drama

[spoiler]“I think my baby loves the present“[/spoiler]

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

GMC and LW both dramas will give you f/f couple moments but if you want more thrilling type of drama you can go for LW. I would suggest watching GMC first (change of pace but not much) since you just finished SKY Castle :heart: But both are good imo and filled with :wub: moments so do watch them!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished rewatching Little Women and now obsessing on the song that’s always playing when they’re at that light art show in Singapore museum. So I was thrilled that there’s LW OST in Spotify! Btw, I think I love LW more than Mine, since I kept on watching that hospital scene 😁

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 16:38
I just finished rewatching Little Women and now obsessing on the song that’s always playing when they’re at that light art show in Singapore museum. So I was thrilled that there’s LW OST in Spotify! Btw, I think I love LW more than Mine, since I kept on watching that hospital scene 😁
Same here anon. That hospital scene and their Singapore date are the scenes i cannot forget. Also the scene when She lent her the jacket before their dinner date :wub: They gave us all :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 15:42
Guest wrote:

GMC and LW both dramas will give you f/f couple moments but if you want more thrilling type of drama you can go for LW. I would suggest watching GMC first (change of pace but not much) since you just finished SKY Castle :heart: But both are good imo and filled with :wub: moments so do watch them!!!
Thank you! (And thanks to other posters as well!) Yeah, think I'm going to hit GMC first...after the 1000% long, bonkers, and stressful ride of SKY Castle something with a calmer vibe and lots of subtext sounds perfect :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 17:01
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you! (And thanks to other posters as well!) Yeah, think I'm going to hit GMC first...after the 1000% long, bonkers, and stressful ride of SKY Castle something with a calmer vibe and[/spoiler] lots of subtext sounds perfect :heart:
Maybe y'all have had f/f sex. Maybe you're still wishing and hoping it will happen. But what I certainly know about myself is that after being sexual with other females and being involved in lesbian relationships, subtext no longer comes anywhere close to a glass half full.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you! (And thanks to other posters as well!) Yeah, think I'm going to hit GMC first...after the 1000% long, bonkers, and stressful ride of SKY Castle something with a calmer vibe and[/spoiler] lots of subtext sounds perfect :heart:
Maybe y'all have had f/f sex. Maybe you're still wishing and hoping it will happen. But what I certainly know about myself is that after being sexual with other females and being involved in lesbian relationships, subtext no longer comes anywhere close to a glass half full.
OP err, okay. Thank you for insinuating that I've never kissed a girl or been in a lesbian relationship because I enjoy subtext? Haha. I'm glad that you enjoy actual romantic plotlines more. I love them, too, but personally I find that subtext tends to stimulate me more as a viewer. I like the clues and the analysis (I literally write about films for a living). I love the long history that subtext has in all manner of gay/lesbian art, and I love that it's a way currently for many Korean creators to include content/messages they are often otherwise literally not allowed to include.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

females

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 19:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

females
females who prefer to be sexual with females are homosexuals. homosexual females are lesbians. what about this is not understandable?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any interesting shows lately?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 02:36
The Glory

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 03:43
Guest wrote:
The Glory

Yeah I’ve watched tht

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 03:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The Glory

Yeah I’ve watched tht
It sounds like Agency starring Lee Bo Young is pretty good. Anyone watching it? I want to but it's on JTBC

Also is the King's Affection queerbaiting or worth watching? :goldstar: TIA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Am i starting to loose interest in kdrama, or this batch of new series is meh
I havent started anything new, only watch like 10min of the glory and just dont wanna spend my time watching extremely annoying evil bully

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Birthcare Center is a really good dramedy and it only has 8 episodes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WARNING-
For us lesbians just watch only episode 5, because Somebody is heavy HET ew.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I finally finished the second season of alchemy of souls… They really disarmed Naksu and turned her into someone who doesn't like fighting and training. Naksu from the first episode is never coming back, so be aware of that when you start watching.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 14:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The Glory

Yeah I’ve watched tht
It sounds like Agency starring Lee Bo Young is pretty good. Anyone watching it? I want to but it's on JTBC

da I mean it depends on what you’re looking for watching the kings affection, the eventual-queen does still like the king even after she reveals to her she’s a woman and there’s a few heart wrenching moments when she realizes the king will never reciprocate. from her to the queen it’s a very pure sincere love and from the king to her it’s a bit more like guilt because she knows she hurts her. they have great chemistry and the queen is so cute but there’s not too many scenes so unless you’re a fan of eunbin or historical dramas I’d just watch a cut

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 17:46
WARNING-
For us lesbians just watch only episode 5, because Somebody is heavy HET ew.
And the lesbian is just a supporting character. That TikTok is misleading by saying she’s one of the main.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 19:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The Glory

Yeah I’ve watched tht

da I mean it depends on what you’re looking for watching the kings affection, the eventual-queen does still like the king even after she reveals to her she’s a woman and there’s a few heart wrenching moments when she realizes the king will never reciprocate. from her to the queen it’s a very pure sincere love and from the king to her it’s a bit more like guilt because she knows she hurts her. they have great chemistry and the queen is so cute but there’s not too many scenes so unless you’re a fan of eunbin or historical dramas I’d just watch a cut
Thank you, that's very helpful, I'll probably just watch cuts. Eunbin is a great actress though, acting handsome in one role and autistic in another. I'm reading manhwa now to pass the time.

Is there anything else to watch lately?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

There's nothing about The King's Affection that is anywhere near "queerbaiting". It's the story of identical royal twins, one boy and one girl. The baby girl was condemned to die, but the queen (their mother) saved her daughter. Years later, the girl (now a young woman) saves the royal family by impersonating her brother, the crown prince. After the queen died, only the court lady and the eunuch know the true identity of the prince. As the years go by, the crown prince becomes the next in line to the throne.

It is a well written and well acted series. Park Eun-bin pulls off the character of Crown Prince Lee Hwi with aplomb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 18:48
I finally finished the second season of alchemy of souls… They really disarmed Naksu and turned her into someone who doesn't like fighting and training. Naksu from the first episode is never coming back, so be aware of that when you start watching.
Part 2 was a hack job. It was chauvinistic and completely ignored that Naksu was a skilled warrior and sorcerer, even when her memory returns. The writing was subpar, and they filled a lot of episode time with recollections and repetitions. Part 2 is a total disappointment. They used 10 episodes to tell a story that could have been accomplished with half that much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 08:35
Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 18:48
Part 2 was a hack job. It was chauvinistic and completely ignored that Naksu was a skilled warrior and sorcerer, even when her memory returns. The writing was subpar, and they filled a lot of episode time with recollections and repetitions. Part 2 is a total disappointment. They used 10 episodes to tell a story that could have been accomplished with half that much.
Looks like they didn’t get enough time and budget for season 2. They had enough time to wrap up everything in season 1. Why go half-heartedly into a second season? That's why I actually like the new trend with fewer episodes because K-Dramas usually screw up when they get too much time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anyone watching the agency too?...
(lee bo-young stunning as ever btw :wub: )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it true Han So Hee and Hye Kyo will star together in a Kdrama? My main crushes :stupidturtle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lately I've been obsessed with asian women, I don't wanna sound like those men who fetishize japanese girls, I've never even been into anime, kpop or asian culture in general but as soon as I started watching kdramas,(some japanese and other asian movies and series too) suddenly I only have eyes for asian women (I'm a white passing latina btw) :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 03:18
Lately I've been obsessed with asian women, I don't wanna sound like those men who fetishize japanese girls, I've never even been into anime, kpop or asian culture in general but as soon as I started watching kdramas,(some japanese and other asian movies and series too) suddenly I only have eyes for asian women (I'm a white passing latina btw) :nervous:
Oh, hon. You're in good company here.

I'm gaga over

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 04:00
Almost done with ep 2. Shaping to be really solid drama, and some timely discussion on how fake-progress is being made to get some PR points without actually wanting to make a real progress.

The lead character reaches the top office, but men who put her there have their own agenda.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I’m not watching it, I only wanted to concur that Lee Boyoung is pretty af. Korean actresses over 40 are on another level. :faint:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 17:58
Guest wrote:
Almost done with ep 2. Shaping to be really solid drama, and some timely discussion on how fake-progress is being made to get some PR points without actually wanting to make a real progress.

The lead character reaches the top office, but men who put her there have their own agenda.
qmta: warning, some men characters are fucking awufl on this show tho. Villain fucking, cartoons awful, pri#ks, which, I have no doubt, SK men are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

btw, it looks like Agency lead character may have a male LI. Can't tell you how serious it will be and how much it will dominate the story, so if this stuff annoys you, then yeah...
In the end it may end up like other Lee Bo Young drama "Mother", where there was a male co-star clearly coded as her LI, but in the end nothing happened and the show rigthfully focused on other topics/themes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone watching this women-centric drama?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It's next on my watchlist after the Glory 2 and Taxi Driver 2 (not the same without Esom :-/ ) LBY looks different in short hair wow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone watched Island? I want to see just for Lee DaHee, but if it's too het I'll pass.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 20:05
Guest wrote:
It's next on my watchlist after the Glory 2 and Taxi Driver 2 (not the same without Esom :-/ ) LBY looks different in short hair wow
Where can we watch the Agency? Thanks in advance!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 00:32
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 20:05
Guest wrote:
I watched it on Rakuten Viki anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 00:32
When interested in watching a particular drama but don't know where to find it, you do this: search web for (name) tv series+where to watch

you can also go to streaming sites that have K dramas and search within them for the one you're looking for.

Top 11 Places to Watch Korean Dramas Online in 2023
https://www.fluentu.com/blog/korean/wat ... ma-online/

Best Streaming Services for K-Dramas
https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and- ... -k-dramas/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone know gossip about Roh Yoon Seo? She’s pretty cute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like The Glory. Very satisfying revenge drama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like the female lead of the glory. Is there any tea on her? Or any of the women

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 06:38
I like the female lead of the glory. Is there any tea on her? Or any of the women
She’s beautiful. I did read she had a rather brief marriage to one of her m@le costars.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’ll definitely watch this. Song Hyeko is so pretty. :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:59

:ragee: I thought It was fake news but it's real! I'm so glad!! The thing about them being a couple in this is wishful thinking though right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:26
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:59

:ragee: I thought It was fake news but it's real! I'm so glad!! The thing about them being a couple in this is wishful thinking though right
DA. A girl can dream :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t expect anything gay from the drama, but they’ll be cute together for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 18:02
I don’t expect anything gay from the drama, but they’ll be cute together for sure.

Hope there's at least some flirting and lingering touches :gay:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Mr Queen so far, but come on, why do the episodes have to be 1 hour and 20 minutes long? :dramaqueen:

I prefer The Glory’s run time of 50-60 minutes per episode, except for the final episode which has 1 hour 10 minutes in length. But it’s understandable cause it’s the final episode.