25 Oct 2022, 19:16
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:33
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:05
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 12:08
Has anyone watch Glitch? I think it's have heavy subtext
agree agree. I actually think it was about sexual opression..
[spoiler]how the main character was ignoring her sexuality and pursuing a life she didn't want(being married to a man and have children). The flashback where there was a van with two girls in it probably symbolizes a closet and her hesistating to open it because she doesn't want to remember Bora. The two leads being uninterested with all the males around them. There was also a scene in episode 1 where the computers were glitching and a message about a whispering in her heart not being truthful and that she can't deny it forever.[/spoiler] I swear there were a lot of analysis I read from twitter!
I agree with your analysis! The part with the van had very strong closet/romantic/first crush overtones.

I just came here to comment, thought, that Nana shoots gay energy from her eyes. She has a very strong 'flirting with women energy'
So is it worth watching? I've only just started and finished episode 1 and it picked my interest. I was a little discouraged at first though by the fact nobody in here talked positively about it despite what the creators have insinuated.
I enjoyed it a lot. Would recommend! I think people take kdramas way too seriously sometimes which is what you see in this thread. I mean it's a show about people obsessed with aliens. It's pretty lighthearted and weird (in what I think is a good way). Just don't go into expecting handmaiden 2.0 and I think you'll enjoy it just fine!
I really enjoyed it as well! It can be funny and weird but it can also be related to a heavy context. Even my sister is saying their girlfriends. I hate how people are just basing sapphic content with kisses or physical touch and without that, it cannot be considered as such.

Anyways I think it didn't reach as many viewers because it didn't have a leading male? Since 70% of kdrama viewers are actually females.

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 00:38
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 23:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:05

agree agree. I actually think it was about sexual opression..
[spoiler]how the main character was ignoring her sexuality and pursuing a life she didn't want(being married to a man and have children). The flashback where there was a van with two girls in it probably symbolizes a closet and her hesistating to open it because she doesn't want to remember Bora. The two leads being uninterested with all the males around them. There was also a scene in episode 1 where the computers were glitching and a message about a whispering in her heart not being truthful and that she can't deny it forever.[/spoiler] I swear there were a lot of analysis I read from twitter!
I agree with your analysis! The part with the van had very strong closet/romantic/first crush overtones.

I just came here to comment, thought, that Nana shoots gay energy from her eyes. She has a very strong 'flirting with women energy'
So is it worth watching? I've only just started and finished episode 1 and it picked my interest. I was a little discouraged at first though by the fact nobody in here talked positively about it despite what the creators have insinuated.
I enjoyed it a lot. Would recommend! I think people take kdramas way too seriously sometimes which is what you see in this thread. I mean it's a show about people obsessed with aliens. It's pretty lighthearted and weird (in what I think is a good way). Just don't go into expecting handmaiden 2.0 and I think you'll enjoy it just fine!
I really enjoyed it as well! It can be funny and weird but it can also be related to a heavy context. Even my sister is saying their girlfriends. I hate how people are just basing sapphic content with kisses or physical touch and without that, it cannot be considered as such.

Anyways I think it didn't reach as many viewers because it didn't have a leading male? Since 70% of kdrama viewers are actually females.
One should never expect a Kdrama with a lesbian couple that is intimate with each other. Not anytime soon anyway. That only happens in Korean movies. Netflix does push it a bit further but the focus is still on the Korean market and it shows.

I thought it was made pretty clear that the boyfriend was only used as a plot device to tell us how gay the lead really is. I am sure they threw a lot of straights for a loop with that "twist". Anyone who still can't read the "deeper" meaning after watching all the episodes is either dense or dumb.

I do dislike JYB's interviews. Her answers are a bit abstract at times and she tries to make it seem like she gives a lot away while she really doesn't. It's obvious that both she and Nana know about the sexuality of the characters, even the director spoke openly about it. And yet... In her interviews she doesn't adres it head on or says it's up for interpretation. She did the same while promoting After my death (though I'll let that slip cause it was her first big movie).
You're good friends with Lee Joo-Young and Jeon So-Nee for Christ sake. Give the gays what we want. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone watching May I Help you? I know nothing about Girl’s Day so is there tea on Hyeri?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 05:42
Is anyone watching May I Help you? I know nothing about Girl’s Day so is there tea on Hyeri?
I watched it yesterday. Interesting premise but meandering halfway. Gonna give it another chance for one more episode. If it’s rubbish again, I’ll drop it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 03:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

One should never expect a Kdrama with a lesbian couple that is intimate with each other. Not anytime soon anyway. That only happens in Korean movies. Netflix does push it a bit further but the focus is still on the Korean market and it shows.

I thought it was made pretty clear that the boyfriend was only used as a plot device to tell us how gay the lead really is. I am sure they threw a lot of straights for a loop with that "twist". Anyone who still can't read the "deeper" meaning after watching all the episodes is either dense or dumb.

I do dislike JYB's interviews. Her answers are a bit abstract at times and she tries to make it seem like she gives a lot away while she really doesn't. It's obvious that both she and Nana know about the sexuality of the characters, even the director spoke openly about it. And yet... In her interviews she doesn't adres it head on or says it's up for interpretation. She did the same while promoting After my death (though I'll let that slip cause it was her first big movie).
You're good friends with Lee Joo-Young and Jeon So-Nee for Christ sake. Give the gays what we want. :rofl:
I think it was clearly telegraphed they had a very close relationship with each other and the ending made it clear..

Any other lesbianish k dramas to watch? I finished Glitch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have only finished two episodes so far and the subtext is VERY heavy. Some people really are clueless. The main character is haunted by an alien that is basically her and her young girl love's creation... an alien wearing a Unicorns' baseball helmet. An alien she's pretending she can't see. An alien that abducts her boyfriend...

Don't get me started on how Bo Ra's character is acting around Ji Hyo and about her rainbow ring.

Yo, the aliens are homosexuality.

This is very on the nose gay and it seems like a great production so far. Should be more popular with tlc ladies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Beauty Inside (2018) is fun if you like to watch something lighthearted but very very very unrealistic. Le Dahee is part of the cast and Seo Hyun-Jin is main. She is incredibly pretty in it… :wub: There is strong female representation, but of course the relationships are hetero. Thus no subtext.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 05:57
Guest wrote:
I watched it yesterday. Interesting premise but meandering halfway. Gonna give it another chance for one more episode. If it’s rubbish again, I’ll drop it
SA so I tried watching 2nd episode. Halfway through it’s so bleh. Hetero bs. It started off with the girl but now it’s just about other men and the main male guy. Dropping it. Skip it if you haven’t watch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 14:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
SA so I tried watching 2nd episode. Halfway through it’s so bleh. Hetero bs. It started off with the girl but now it’s just about other men and the main male guy. Dropping it. Skip it if you haven’t watch.
Thank you anon! I believe you and will skip it. :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 16:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If you want something light, it’s not too bad but don’t expect too much. I was watching Blind and Golden Spoon. Too much stress lol so I pick this up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 16:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If you want something light, it’s not too bad but don’t expect too much. I was watching Blind and Golden Spoon. Too much stress lol so I pick this up.
I saw a clip of the opening scene with the SLAP and was intrigued lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 20:22
Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 16:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I saw a clip of the opening scene with the SLAP and was intrigued lol.
That was definitely the best scene but nothing was interesting after that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Agree 100%. Interviews were a bit bleak. The director said she had to clarify the relationship with the writer. Probably agreed that they were both lesbians.

Why is that so? About Kdramas not having intimacy between women and only in movies?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

just finished glitch. i don't even like supernatural plots but i like and the main actresses so... it was the end of the final episode and i had no hopes anymore then "wait wat???" [spoiler]jihyo asking to bora if she wanna live together??? :lol: [/spoiler] YASS LESBIANS WE WON :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 00:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Agree 100%. Interviews were a bit bleak. The director said she had to clarify the relationship with the writer. Probably agreed that they were both lesbians.

Why is that so? About Kdramas not having intimacy between women and only in movies?
There was a lesbian kissing scene in an old drama and the nation went mad at the time. Because of this, intimacy between women has been banned from television. If a TV station tries to break it, they would likely be penalized.

myka4hg
Reactions: 44

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 11:22
Guest wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 00:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There was a lesbian kissing scene in an old drama and the nation went mad at the time. Because of this, intimacy between women has been banned from television. If a TV station tries to break it, they would likely be penalized.
I think Mine handled the issue very well. There was no kissing but the intimacy was conveyed in other ways. There was no doubt the two women were in love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone else watching She Makes My Heart Flutter webseries? I really like it so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 20:00
Is anyone else watching She Makes My Heart Flutter webseries? I really like it so far.

I'm watching the webseries too and highly recommend it. No guessing about lesbian relationships, an out and proud representation of lesbians :heart:

I've written up a short review about Glitch https://fantastictales.substack.com/p/a ... rean-drama

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alchemy of Souls S2 premieres on Netflix on December 10.
S2 will only be 10 episodes.

and ................... Naksu returns.

‘Alchemy of Souls’ Season 2: Coming to Netflix in December 2022 and What We Know So Far
https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/n ... r-09-2022/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just read that there's an upcoming Korean tvN adaptation of Call My Agent (Dix Pour Cent) to premiere on Nov 7. One of the main female characters (Andrea) is gay/bisexual in the original French show and so far they've kept her gay in the UK and Indian remakes. Is there any hope the don't make her straight in this adaptation? By the looks of it Kwak Sun-young will be playing the equivalent to Andrea's character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 08:17
I just read that there's an upcoming Korean tvN adaptation of Call My Agent (Dix Pour Cent) to premiere on Nov 7. One of the main female characters (Andrea) is gay/bisexual in the original French show and so far they've kept her gay in the UK and Indian remakes. Is there any hope the don't make her straight in this adaptation? By the looks of it Kwak Sun-young will be playing the equivalent to Andrea's character.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If she's gay: she's a/k/a lesbian. Not a bisexual.
If she's bisexual: she swings both ways and is ipso facto not gay/lesbian.

So what is she in the original?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

French speaker here: Andréa is gay in the original. BUT.

Spoilers for the series: [spoiler]She says so many times, first when Gabriel asks her if she'd go for a guy (in the pilot), then when she leaves her female one night stand high and dry because Fabrice (Lucchini - famous actor) calls her in the dead of the night because he wants to talk (the one night stand asks her if Fabrice is her bf and she says no, it's work), when her girlfriend Colette asks her if she's bisexual (after the whole threesome with Hicham and the female model and getting pregnant) and they talk about it because as Collette says she can't imagine ever sleeping with a man so she doesn't get how Andrea did so, while still considering herself gay. She doesn't go for men after that one night with the female model and Hicham. She's in a long term relationship with Collette until [spoiler]Collette cheats on her with her ex gf out of "loneliness". Ophelia Kopt (Collette) was busy shooting some other show so they had to explain her prolonged absence. Bad move imo. [/spoiler]

That baby storyline was a fiasco. The writers wanted to introduce the baby to have some character growth for Andréa, and that since the show was broadcast and produced by State-owned channel they are held at different standards than private ones. So they couldn't have Andrea and Collette go through medically assisted procreation since the bill was being discussed at the national assembly at the time.[/spoiler] i understand the confusion though. It was an awful storyline.

Take that as you will. I don't know if they'll keep her gay in the Korean version, or have her swing both ways - or have her follow into Andrea's footsteps. And how much are they willing to show because Andréa had quite the strings of gfs, kissing and making out scenes.

I'm kind of looking forward to it, though because I really loved the French cast. Are they going to keep Hervé gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 20:00

It was a pretty slow start but I'm fully invested after episode 3. Worried about pretty customer lady, since

[spoiler] she is clearly not out and her picture made it to the bar's Instagram.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 07:35

‘Alchemy of Souls’ Season 2: Coming to Netflix in December 2022 and What We Know So Far
I’ve never watched a more frustrating show in my life and for that reason I’ve started to stay away from any show with more than 12 episodes unless it has an actress I really like in it.
I give up on this show around episode 11 or so but can some one let me know if we actually did see her get to use her power and fighting skills or did they keep her blind and helpless the entire season e-bikes the boys who were supposed to be lesser than her got to do all the cool fight scenes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:

I’ve never watched a more frustrating show in my life and for that reason I’ve started to stay away from any show with more than 12 episodes unless it has an actress I really like in it.
I give up on this show around episode 11 or so but can some one let me know if we actually did see her get to use her power and fighting skills or did they keep her blind and helpless the entire season e-bikes the boys who were supposed to be lesser than her got to do all the cool fight scenes?
So you decided not to watch the last episode after enduring all other stuff? lol

She had fight scenes at the end, but she was remote controlled. I like Jung Somin as an actress but it looks like Naksu will return in her former body.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 09:39
Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:

So you decided not to watch the last episode after enduring all other stuff? lol

She had fight scenes at the end, but she was remote controlled. I like Jung Somin as an actress but it looks like Naksu will return in her former body.
Oh wait it has like 20 episodes sorry my mistake.
But yes she had fighting scenes in episode 19 or 20. However the scenes are not as good as the scenes in episode 1.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 10:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Spoilers for the series: [spoiler]She says so many times, first when Gabriel asks her if she'd go for a guy (in the pilot), then when she leaves her female one night stand high and dry because Fabrice (Lucchini - famous actor) calls her in the dead of the night because he wants to talk (the one night stand asks her if Fabrice is her bf and she says no, it's work), when her girlfriend Colette asks her if she's bisexual (after the whole threesome with Hicham and the female model and getting pregnant) and they talk about it because as Collette says she can't imagine ever sleeping with a man so she doesn't get how Andrea did so, while still considering herself gay. She doesn't go for men after that one night with the female model and Hicham. She's in a long term relationship with Collette until [spoiler]Collette cheats on her with her ex gf out of "loneliness". Ophelia Kopt (Collette) was busy shooting some other show so they had to explain her prolonged absence. Bad move imo. [/spoiler]

That baby storyline was a fiasco. The writers wanted to introduce the baby to have some character growth for Andréa, and that since the show was broadcast and produced by State-owned channel they are held at different standards than private ones. So they couldn't have Andrea and Collette go through medically assisted procreation since the bill was being discussed at the national assembly at the time.[/spoiler] i understand the confusion though. It was an awful storyline.

Take that as you will. I don't know if they'll keep her gay in the Korean version, or have her swing both ways - or have her follow into Andrea's footsteps. And how much are they willing to show because Andréa had quite the strings of gfs, kissing and making out scenes.

I'm kind of looking forward to it, though because I really loved the French cast. Are they going to keep Hervé gay?
I do not like the way it's going because Andrea's love interest in the french version, [spoiler]the "accountant" in charge of watching their finances is a female, and here I'm afraid they seem to have cast a guy instead.
[img]https://ibb.co/LSjZZzQ[img]
This is not an info, just speculations. I hope I'm wrong. [/spoiler]

Anyways, first looks on our characters. She does look "not straight" according to Kdrama standards. Let's see lol
[img]https://i.mydramalist.com/qrADP_2f.jpg[img]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 10:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I do not like the way it's going because Andrea's love interest in the french version, [spoiler]the "accountant" in charge of watching their finances is a female, and here I'm afraid they seem to have cast a guy instead.
Oh no I messed up all the images. Fixing it now. Same post sorry. :sadangel:

Anyways, first looks on our characters. She does look "not straight" according to Kdrama standards. Let's see lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've just finished Glitch and I absolutely loved it! The leads had great chemistry. I think some of the opinions to the contrary are heavily influenced by how stilted their physical contact seemed to have been, but my thinking is that was the director's choice, to steer clear of controversy given how gay the story arc was, and how obvious the metaphors were.

There was this one scene where the camera panned out to a street sign saying that going straight was forbidden. I think that sums up the show nicely :lol:

Jihyo and Bora got a sweet ending, and the entire show was very fun. Highly recommended!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 10:19
Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 10:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh no I messed up all the images. Fixing it now. Same post sorry. :sadangel:

French anon here. It's funny because with this haircut, she looks closer to the real person Andrea's character was based on. Guess it must be some kind of "sexually ambiguous" generic haircut for female characters in kdramas :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 00:50
Guest wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 10:19
French anon here. It's funny because with this haircut, she looks closer to the real person Andrea's character was based on. Guess it must be some kind of "sexually ambiguous" generic haircut for female characters in kdramas :P
da. Isn't she based on the agent, Élisabeth Tanner?

And (sorry if I missed sth else) this look in the pic - and with that haircut - has been very standard professional career women look in Korea (and very much so in Seoul), most of whom are straight...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dix Pour Cent is my fav show! But…

[spoiler]

If they follow Andrea’s trajectory, it wouldn’t help our cause. They’ll say. Look at this lesbian. They don’t mind having sex with a man afterall

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 06:24

[spoiler]

If they follow Andrea’s trajectory, it wouldn’t help our cause. They’ll say. Look at this lesbian. They don’t mind having sex with a man afterall
[spoiler]Post the vid where Andrea is saying "I'm a lesbian" and then we talk. Seriously, everyone got angry because she slept with a guy and so helped the lesbian stereotype that lesbians need d!ck once in a while, but I never heard Andrea saying she was a lesbian. Yeah, her having a fling with a man and getting pregnant was a shitty story line, but she spoke of past relationships with men and having a huge preference for women, she never called herself a lesbian.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 06:45
Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 06:24

[spoiler]

[spoiler]Post the vid where Andrea is saying "I'm a lesbian" and then we talk. Seriously, everyone got angry because she slept with a guy and so helped the lesbian stereotype that lesbians need d!ck once in a while, but I never heard Andrea saying she was a lesbian. Yeah, her having a fling with a man and getting pregnant was a shitty story line, but she spoke of past relationships with men and having a huge preference for women, she never called herself a lesbian.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Do you think straight people know the difference?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyway...
Here's the pic that anon was trying to post, seems like Colette (Andrea's love interest) will be played by a male actor, so yeah, we can say goodbye to the lesbian storyline. Bummer because Andrea seducing the inspector in charge of the tax audit to blunt it out was the best part of season 1. Gabriel screaming at Andrea "the future of the agency is between your legs!" will forever be one of the funniest lines.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's better, no lesbophobia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to me that the writers/producers backstabbed its lesbian viewers by having lead "lesbian" character Andrea fuck a guy because she wants to get pregnant. As if all females long to become pregnant, and lesbians would do anything to make it happen. Ugh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 07:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to me that the writers/producers backstabbed its lesbian viewers by having lead "lesbian" character Andrea fuck a guy because she wants to get pregnant. As if all females long to become pregnant, and lesbians would do anything to make it happen. Ugh.
Lots of false assumptions going on here, it's actually laughable and embarrassing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm the person you're responding to: sorry for the confusion: no, Andrea didn't sleep with Hicham and the model to get pregnant. The pregnancy was accidental, she didn't plan on it. She was trying to bag the model and spend the night with her only (Andréa and Collette were broken up at this point). But Hicham got competitive (the whole season is about them trying to one up one another out of spite) so they were basically lusting after the same girl. Again, not a good storyline imo, I definitely don't agree with it. Lesbians don't sleep with men. Ugh. Thankfully, there was no more of that bullshit after the fact.

The reason why Andrea kept it after finding out she was pregnant is because Collette couldn't have kids. And they decided they'd raise Flora together. I think they handled the aftermath (Colette having to fight the French administration to be recognized as Flora's mom very well).

Also to the anon who said Andréa never stated she was gay: she tells Hicham off (after the 3 way) by saying something along the lines of "Going from men to women was like going from playing in a sandbox to a freaking football field. It's metaphysical. I'm not going back. I won't."

So she might not use the words "I am gay" but she's being pretty clear imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So they either make Korean Andrea (don't know her name sorry) gay or "Korean gay" a k a: add shit ton of subtext but ultimately straight? :argh: wait and see, I guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 09:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm the person you're responding to: sorry for the confusion: no, Andrea didn't sleep with Hicham and the model to get pregnant. The pregnancy was accidental, she didn't plan on it. She was trying to bag the model and spend the night with her only (Andréa and Collette were broken up at this point). But Hicham got competitive (the whole season is about them trying to one up one another out of spite) so they were basically lusting after the same girl. Again, not a good storyline imo, I definitely don't agree with it. Lesbians don't sleep with men. Ugh. Thankfully, there was no more of that bullshit after the fact.

The reason why Andrea kept it after finding out she was pregnant is because Collette couldn't have kids. And they decided they'd raise Flora together. I think they handled the aftermath (Colette having to fight the French administration to be recognized as Flora's mom very well).

Also to the anon who said Andréa never stated she was gay: she tells Hicham off (after the 3 way) by saying something along the lines of "Going from men to women was like going from playing in a sandbox to a freaking football field. It's metaphysical. I'm not going back. I won't."

Still, she never said she was a lesbian. Her saying that going from men to women was like going from a sandbox to a football field read as bi with a preference for women. Look at Kristen Stewart, she hasn’t dated a man in 10 years, no one ever sees her going back to men. That’s how Andrea reads.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

DA. So clearly (or technically) a bisexual woman who has decided that from certain moment on she would have chosen to only be with women. I'm fine with such women & such women's representation (leaving men/men past)

(I know it's a hot button issue that would bring tons of OT posts about bi/les/gs/etc - not my intention here) but that's what she is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 10:03
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]
Still, she never said she was a lesbian. Her saying that going from men to women was like going from a sandbox to a football field read as bi with a preference for women. Look at Kristen Stewart, she hasn’t dated a man in 10 years, no one ever sees her going back to men. That’s how Andrea reads.
x2 I am a lesbian who has no problem with women like Kristen (her relationships with many women are same-sex/lesbian relationships, regardless of the individuals' identities) but those women are what's written in bold.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 10:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

French anon here: I see, it makes sense, I'd never looked at it through that perspective tbh. I saw it as: a person had a past with guys - whether out of compulsory heterosexuality, or genuine interest - but now is exclusively interested in/dating other women with no interest in men. To me that person would read as gay, regardless of her past. Except if she states otherwise and says she's bisexual.

Thanks for the explanation, it gives me something to think about/over.

And sorry for derailing the thread!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 07:15
Anyway...
Here's the pic that anon was trying to post, seems like Colette (Andrea's love interest) will be played by a male actor, so yeah, we can say goodbye to the lesbian storyline. Bummer because Andrea seducing the inspector in charge of the tax audit to blunt it out was the best part of season 1. Gabriel screaming at Andrea "the future of the agency is between your legs!" will forever be one of the funniest lines.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
OMG thank you so much. :hug: I gave up after the 2nd post and didnt want to spam the thread :lol:

Yep, when I saw this I figured he might be the "Colette". :-/
I also didn't see any other female supporting character that could be her love interest. (besides the desk actrice wannabe employe, [spoiler]but we know who she's supposed to date[/spoiler]).

I hope I'm wrong though. I guess I'll keep an eye on episode 1 for sure and then decide.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watching The Ransom now. It’s an online series based on a short film. The main actor is the girl from The Call.

Premise: Guy arrived at a countryside hotel room and meet a high school girl prostitute. But turns out [spoiler] she’s an organ auctioneer and a disaster happened while the auction house is going on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 07:28
Watching The Ransom now. It’s an online series based on a short film. The main actor is the girl from The Call.

Premise: Guy arrived at a countryside hotel room and meet a high school girl prostitute. But turns out [spoiler] she’s an organ auctioneer and a disaster happened while the auction house is going on.
To add on:

It’s satisfactory to see a POS man [spoiler] thinking he gonna get sex with a virgin schoolgirl but ended up being auctioned off for his body parts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If you are in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala and Panama:
Tubi TV has increased its library of Korean productions and now has a K-Drama category:

K-Drama +
https://tubitv.com/category/k_drama

I just watched "A Special Lady" (2016) with Kim Hye-soo.

(If you are not familiar with Tubi TV: it's an on-demand streaming platform of free movies and tv shows. The only "cost" is the brief commercials, but all movies and tv shows return to where they were at before the commercial break. Tubi TV app is available with Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and smart TVs by Samsung, LG, Sony, and Hinsense. You can also get the app on desktops, laptops, iPhones, and iPads.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:25
If you are in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala and Panama:
Tubi TV has increased its library of Korean productions and now has a K-Drama category:

K-Drama +
https://tubitv.com/category/k_drama

I just watched "A Special Lady" (2016) with Kim Hye-soo.

(If you are not familiar with Tubi TV: it's an on-demand streaming platform of free movies and tv shows. The only "cost" is the brief commercials, but all movies and tv shows return to where they were at before the commercial break. Tubi TV app is available with Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and smart TVs by Samsung, LG, Sony, and Hinsense. You can also get the app on desktops, laptops, iPhones, and iPads.)
Thank you kind anon.🤗

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 07:31
Guest wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 07:28

To add on:

It’s satisfactory to see a POS man [spoiler] thinking he gonna get sex with a virgin schoolgirl but ended up being auctioned off for his body parts
So apparently the title is also known as Bargain in English.