Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

One of the reasons why some love hating on Song Hye-Kyo (besides the tax evasion scandal) is that she has a tendency to start dating her co-stars. Fingers crossed for this one ladies!

Obviously just kidding but one can dream. :fingcross: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SoHee already flirting :lol:

Any Koreans here to confirm If that's the correct translation of what she said?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 02:19

now it's mine

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Song Hyekyo and Han Sohee will be filming a new drama (The Price of Confession), so that's why she said it. But Han Sohee is also fangirling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

The only ones who care about stuff like this are 'tard fangirls. This OCD crap has nothing to do with this thread. Spare us the drooling and take it to another thread ffs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 09:22
Guest wrote:

The only ones who care about stuff like this are 'tard fangirls. This OCD crap has nothing to do with this thread. Spare us the drooling and take it to another thread ffs.
Drooling is fine. Go and cry in other threads.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 06:30
I like The Glory. Very satisfying revenge drama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kim hieora (Sara) from the glory is such a good actress. Any tea on her ? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:10
Not sure if it really means anything but she just posed for a photo spread called "gender free". I can't imagine that would be a popular choice because it seems like all of the men over there think the women should look a certain way and she definitely doesn't in the pictures.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 00:03
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 20:10
Not sure if it really means anything but she just posed for a photo spread called "gender free". I can't imagine that would be a popular choice because it seems like all of the men over there think the women should look a certain way and she definitely doesn't in the pictures.
She seems GNC even in her daily life too, which I don’t think is a popular choice either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 20:27
Guest wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 06:30
I like The Glory. Very satisfying revenge drama.
Interesting...
Any other interesting/wlw kdramas?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Didn't know I would see this day!!
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/han-so-he ... eavy-snow/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I won’t survive Queenmaker. :faint:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:58

Is that Lady Hideko's aunt from the handmaiden?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Add me to the list of anons here thirsting over Korean actresses over 40 . She's a goddess jfc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 19:55
Guest wrote:

She is. Also to the anon above me. Kim Heeae is so hot. :faint:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 20:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thanks anon! I too agree Kim Hee as is gorgeous, but holy fuck she’s 55?!! Damn, do we have a chance with her 🤣 :bowdown:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Excuse me? :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 14:53
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 20:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thanks anon! I too agree Kim Hee as is gorgeous, but holy fuck she’s 55?!! Damn, do we have a chance with her 🤣 :bowdown:
Queenmaker looks promising!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So the older the better i guess for the k women. I mean I can't get them out of my head how hot they have become from their late 30s!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Here's one thing I'm still so confused about with regards to kdramas....from what I understand most kdramas on Netflix air on actual TV in Korea. So the argument about them not being able to feature lesbian characters is because it's not allowed on TV over there. But then take a show like The Glory and it's extremely hard to believe that was allowed to air on TV. Besides the violence and the large amount of curse words, one of the women showed her boobs (which I've never seen in a kdrama). How is that okay, but two women kissing is just going too far? And if it didn't air on TV there, then why can't a strictly Netflix show feature a lesbian character?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 22:40
Here's one thing I'm still so confused about with regards to kdramas....from what I understand most kdramas on Netflix air on actual TV in Korea. So the argument about them not being able to feature lesbian characters is because it's not allowed on TV over there. But then take a show like The Glory and it's extremely hard to believe that was allowed to air on TV. Besides the violence and the large amount of curse words, one of the women showed her boobs (which I've never seen in a kdrama). How is that okay, but two women kissing is just going too far? And if it didn't air on TV there, then why can't a strictly Netflix show feature a lesbian character?
A Netflix kdrama had a lesbian character and a kissing scene. It's even posted on the previous page of this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The topless scene had been augmented with cg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 00:05
Guest wrote:
You mean they blured it out for Korean TV?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 00:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da I think some kdramas are real Netlfix exclusives like The Glory, Squid Games, that zombie show. I highly doubt these were aired on korean channels, so they could have lesbian characters if they wanted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 10:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da I think some kdramas are real Netlfix exclusives like The Glory, Squid Games, that zombie show. I highly doubt these were aired on korean channels, so they could have lesbian characters if they wanted.
DA
I’m not really sure but I think the kdramas where they release only two episodes per week were aired on Korean channels, while those shows you mentioned (The Glory, Squid Games, zombie show) all of their episodes were released in Netflix in one day so yeah they are probably Netflix exclusive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA
I’m not really sure but I think the kdramas where they release only two episodes per week were aired on Korean channels, while those shows you mentioned (The Glory, Squid Games, zombie show) all of their episodes were released in Netflix in one day so yeah they are probably Netflix exclusive.
DA.
You're right. Long time kdrama watcher here. For example, Vincenzo was aired on tvN on Saturdays and Sundays, and the episode would get uploaded on Netflix after the episode finished in Korea. Majority of the kdramas on Netflix are still these type of shows. Whereas shows like Kingdom, The Glory, Squid Game, Glitch, Move to Heaven etc are original Netflix series and do not follow the usual two eps/week format. These are usually released all at once, though they may be split into parts if they have more eps like The Glory.

But I think the other anon was saying that the topless scene was augmented with CG (and I read about a body double somewhere too), i.e. it wasn't really the actress going topless.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 11:40
Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
DA.
You're right. Long time kdrama watcher here. For example, Vincenzo was aired on tvN on Saturdays and Sundays, and the episode would get uploaded on Netflix after the episode finished in Korea. Majority of the kdramas on Netflix are still these type of shows. Whereas shows like Kingdom, The Glory, Squid Game, Glitch, Move to Heaven etc are original Netflix series and do not follow the usual two eps/week format. These are usually released all at once, though they may be split into parts if they have more eps like The Glory.

But I think the other anon was saying that the topless scene was augmented with CG (and I read about a body double somewhere too), i.e. it wasn't really the actress going topless.
That is some insane CGI if that's the case because it did not look fake at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

(I miss Little women)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't stand Esom's character, but what an amazing cast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 09:47
and now she's taken. that was so fast. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 17:39

(I miss Little women)
I miss Little Women too AND Choo Jahyun :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 11:19
Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 17:39
(I miss Little women)
I miss Little Women too AND Choo Jahyun :hudoin:
The logic behind putting most K-related threads under KPOP doesn't make sense, since KPOP is different and separate from K-Dramas and K-Movies. LW's thread is still within the main general discussions:

Little Women (작은 아씨들) (Netflix)
https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80625

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 20:07
Add me to the list of anons here thirsting over Korean actresses over 40 . She's a goddess jfc
I don't watch a lot of KDrama but those that I watch then to always have older leads. KHA is far and away my favorite actress so when I saw this trailer I couldn't press the notify button fast enough.

Speaking of older actresses, I just watched Kill Boksoon and I really liked it. I feel like it could have been a limited series if they wanted to. Was this supposed to be inspired by Kill Bill?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 23:19
Guest wrote:
I don't watch a lot of KDrama but those that I watch then to always have older leads. KHA is far and away my favorite actress so when I saw this trailer I couldn't press the notify button fast enough.

Speaking of older actresses, I just watched Kill Boksoon and I really liked it. I feel like it could have been a limited series if they wanted to. Was this supposed to be inspired by Kill Bill?
I've seen Kill Boksoon, too. I've also seen Kill Bill vols 1 and 2. To me, the only thing you can say the two have in common is the main character being an ass-kicking assassin, but everything else about their stories is different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've seen Kill Boksoon, too. I've also seen Kill Bill vols 1 and 2. To me, the only thing you can say the two have in common is the main character being an ass-kicking assassin, but everything else about their stories is different.
You are probably right. I think it's more likely that when I was watching I was hoping that it was the direction they were going to go in but they never did. I feel like the show had the opportunity to be great but never really did take that final step. For me the motivation for going after the chairman and his sister just didn't make much sense so the end fell flat.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 02:55
Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You are probably right. I think it's more likely that when I was watching I was hoping that it was the direction they were going to go in but they never did. I feel like the show had the opportunity to be great but never really did take that final step. For me the motivation for going after the chairman and his sister just didn't make much sense so the end fell flat.
DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are so attractive. :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 19:36

Have no idea what this says and what it's about and why you posted it here.
Are you forgetting that this is an English-language website?
The least you can do it translate it.
Does it have to do with a K-drama?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A question for those who watched The Glory and also speak Korean.....Sa-ra said that Hye-Jeong had a lisp, and I was just wondering if it was true? It seemed like a weird thing to bring up all of the sudden, so I was just curious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Itaewon Class worth watching ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 23:27
Guest wrote:

Twitter has a translate function these days, just click on the post

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 03:37
Is Itaewon Class worth watching ?
There's a trans character and a black Korean... it's another rags to riches story with a touch of diversity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 12:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You are responsible for your actions. If you know this is an English board, then it's YOU who needs to provide a translation. You don't shift the burden onto non-Korean ops.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You are responsible for your actions. If you know this is an English board, then it's YOU who needs to provide a translation. You don't shift the burden onto non-Korean ops.
Yes, and the whole word spins only for you :) not egocentric at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 23:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA- Forget about entitled and dumb poster anon even if the world spins for her she'll still be ungrateful. let us enjoy this Queen :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 01:06
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 23:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA- Forget about entitled and dumb poster anon even if the world spins for her she'll still be ungrateful. let us enjoy this Queen :hug:
Thank you anons. :hug: I didn’t think anybody would get annoyed with the clip I posted.