Korean Entertainment

sunmi's
Reactions:

Post by sunmi's »

Guest wrote:omg sunmi world tour. any anons planning to go and see how gay will the concert and the crowd be? lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/official_sunmi_/...371262954885120
I'm going to the one in NY IF I can get tickets.. but i don't even know where to buy and I bet it'll be sold out quickly.

Btw her 1st int'l stop is SanFrancisco..lol Sunmi knows her gay fans :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Because there is no longer an EXID thread I wanted to display this news here. I'm still stressed but at least we have until May. Hope LE delivers more for the gays within that timeframe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Because there is no longer an EXID thread I wanted to display this news here. I'm still stressed but at least we have until May. Hope LE delivers more for the gays within that timeframe
Forgot to post link: https://twitter.com/balloon_wanted/status/1...4906546176?s=21

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Because there is no longer an EXID thread I wanted to display this news here. I'm still stressed but at least we have until May. Hope LE delivers more for the gays within that timeframe
Forgot to post link: https://twitter.com/balloon_wanted/status/1...4906546176?s=21
They disband next month
https://twitter.com/girlgroupzone/status/10...9422476288?s=21

Badass Exid
Reactions:

Post by Badass Exid »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They disband next month
I'm sad.. just found them last month and bought all their albums..some quality singing there I love alot of their songs and their singing is so energetic and nice to my ears. And we know LE is dating the manager now this just totally sucks. Sorry for my run on sentences it's 2am

Badass Exid
Reactions:

Post by Badass Exid »

Badass Exid wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They disband next month
I'm sad.. just found them last month and bought all their albums..some quality singing there I love alot of their songs and their singing is so energetic and nice to my ears. And we know LE is dating the manager now this just totally sucks. Sorry for my run on sentences it's 2am
^I meant LE is dating her stylist. What will they do now??!! :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it me or kpop fans are a bunch of delusionals? You'll see every group stans claim there's minimum one gay girl in the group. How is it possible that there're two or more gays in each group? What is this rate? I understand if there're 10 people there's a chance one of them is gay but gays in every group? And more than one? .... At this rate there're more gays that straights idols, according to stans

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Badass Exid wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They disband next month
They're not disbanding, it's not confirmed. Basically the announcement was that there contract is coming to an end next month and they will be making a decision next month whether to disband or not after they are finished with their last cb. (they will have a cb/activities out till May so that much is confirmed). As someone who has been a leggo for five years I don't think they are disbanding. 1. Because Solji just got back and 2. Because Hyojin would never allow it lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is it me or kpop fans are a bunch of delusionals? You'll see every group stans claim there's minimum one gay girl in the group. How is it possible that there're two or more gays in each group? What is this rate? I understand if there're 10 people there's a chance one of them is gay but gays in every group? And more than one? .... At this rate there're more gays that straights idols, according to stans
If you listen to gay/lesbians stans then yes most of the girls are lesbians but there actually a LOT of straight people shipping straight ship.
When SNSD was at their peak, most lgbt fans thought at least 5 girls were lesbians: TaeYeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri and Yoona. Now, back then I wasn't following that many lesbians fans and 99% of my tlist was shipping them with men so imagine my surprise to discover that many people saw them as lesbians.

It all depends on who you follow. I'm still into SNSD? but now mostly RV and TWICE, this time around my following is about 85% lesbians and 10% bi so all I heard about is girlxgirl ships. But pretty sure it's like only a few parts of the fandom.

Also, I wouldn't say there one gay per group but I wouldn't surprised if there more gays than what we think. Pretty sure there a LOT of closeted people in KEntertainment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Is it me or kpop fans are a bunch of delusionals? You'll see every group stans claim there's minimum one gay girl in the group. How is it possible that there're two or more gays in each group? What is this rate? I understand if there're 10 people there's a chance one of them is gay but gays in every group? And more than one? .... At this rate there're more gays that straights idols, according to stans
If you listen to gay/lesbians stans then yes most of the girls are lesbians but there actually a LOT of straight people shipping straight ship.
When SNSD was at their peak, most lgbt fans thought at least 5 girls were lesbians: TaeYeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri and Yoona. Now, back then I wasn't following that many lesbians fans and 99% of my tlist was shipping them with men so imagine my surprise to discover that many people saw them as lesbians.

It all depends on who you follow. I'm still into SNSD? but now mostly RV and TWICE, this time around my following is about 85% lesbians and 10% bi so all I heard about is girlxgirl ships. But pretty sure it's like only a few parts of the fandom.

Also, I wouldn't say there one gay per group but I wouldn't surprised if there more gays than what we think. Pretty sure there a LOT of closeted people in KEntertainment.
Yoona?! Random.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Err I always thought they were joking most of the time. I've asked before if they are serious with their ships and gaydar discussions and they replied chill because it's just for fun. If you think lesbian shippers are delusional, think again lots of straight people think every short haired member or butch member is the lesbian in kpop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Yeah i'm sure there're more gays than we think. I'm not talking about ships but about own gays idols if you ask a stan who members of the group they think that are gay I'm sure they'll tell you one person as minimum lol so it'd have like one gay per group according stans. I mean ask to rv, mmm, twice, bp, exid...etc stans who is gay in the group and you'll see what I mean

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You're pleasant.

Kpop is performing arts. There are more gays in performing arts than any other industry so I don't know where you are getting your numbers from. Take for example EXID. LE has a whole ass girlfriend that she writes songs about, goes to LGBT clubs with and has matching tats with. In her same group is Hani a bisexual who openly admits to liking girls. That's 2/5. 40%. But what you're referring to with 10/10 gays is just shipping. For the most part it's not done seriously. Mostly.

lordalmighty
Reactions:

Post by lordalmighty »

If you think that's bad, you should see what fans of male groups are like......

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yoona?! Random.
Not really, back in 2008/2009 Yoonyul and YoonSic were some of the most popular pairing, everyone thought Yoona was lesbian LOL.
I would dare to say that YoonSoc was even more popular than Taeny back then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You're pleasant.

Kpop is performing arts. There are more gays in performing arts than any other industry so I don't know where you are getting your numbers from. Take for example EXID. LE has a whole ass girlfriend that she writes songs about, goes to LGBT clubs with and has matching tats with. In her same group is Hani a bisexual who openly admits to liking girls. That's 2/5. 40%. But what you're referring to with 10/10 gays is just shipping. For the most part it's not done seriously. Mostly.
Could you link me to Hani saying she is bi please? Never heard of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You're pleasant.

So you think kpop is full of gays? Exid 2/5 and go to any other group and they will tell you one or two members are gay at least

|
Reactions:

Post by | »

who cares

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You're pleasant.

Could you link me to Hani saying she is bi please? Never heard of it.
She didn't say she was bi. I assumed because she dated one guy but it was very stunty so she could be a lesbian. I dunno. Anyway, I was referring to the group playing a game of secret and Solji saying that Hani likes girls and Hani shrugging and saying "I do."

https://twitter.com/AhnHyolegend/status/1065616219980484608

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New here and to Korean movies/tv/music. I'm interested in checking out some TV shows but they all seem so incredibly soapy, hetero and stereotypical?? That said, I just don't really know how to look for any that possibly stray even a little from those things, and if there even are any or maybe that's just how they are lol. So can anybody recommend any shows to watch?

wdq
Reactions:

Post by wdq »

Guest wrote:
Badass Exid wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They disband next month
They're not disbanding, it's not confirmed. Basically the announcement was that there contract is coming to an end next month and they will be making a decision next month whether to disband or not after they are finished with their last cb. (they will have a cb/activities out till May so that much is confirmed). As someone who has been a leggo for five years I don't think they are disbanding. 1. Because Solji just got back and 2. Because Hyojin would never allow it lol
I sure hope you're right.. fingers crossed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I made a thread but no one has posted in it. LMAO

Anyway does their label have any other successful groups or artists?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:New here and to Korean movies/tv/music. I'm interested in checking out some TV shows but they all seem so incredibly soapy, hetero and stereotypical?? That said, I just don't really know how to look for any that possibly stray even a little from those things, and if there even are any or maybe that's just how they are lol. So can anybody recommend any shows to watch?
I really like Korean dramas directed by Ahn Pan-seok. They don't have the soapy feel that a lot of shows do. His most recent one 'Something in the Rain', stars Son Ye-jin who is pretty much the only out Korean actress, so you could watch it for that reason at least. But I really liked her in that role. The director's previous show 'Secret Affair' is my all time favourite Korean drama. It was the first one I ever watched, and nothing else has ever come close to it. Both those shows are on Netflix.

I usually watch dramas that were nominated/won at the Baeksang Art Awards, because it eliminates a lot of the cheesy ones. Mother, Stranger, Goblin, Signal, Descendants of the Sun, Reply 1988 are all good recent choices.

Netflix also has their own original Korean drama coming out next week called 'Kingdom' which looks like it might be interesting.

The only K-drama I can think of that kind of had a small lesbian storyline was 'Matrimonial Chaos' but they dropped the storyline and didn't really resolve it :(

Hope this helps!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:New here and to Korean movies/tv/music. I'm interested in checking out some TV shows but they all seem so incredibly soapy, hetero and stereotypical?? That said, I just don't really know how to look for any that possibly stray even a little from those things, and if there even are any or maybe that's just how they are lol. So can anybody recommend any shows to watch?
My favorite Korean film to date is The Handmaiden it also happen it's gay and a feminist film. The only TV drama with a canon lesbian story line that I've seen at least is the Painter of the Wind. I've payed more time under the historical genre since the plots are focused on the monarch and main characters being a hero they are still cliched but less focus on the hets and soapy-ness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone watching Sky Castle? Would you recommend it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm still "new" to kpop, is there any speculation/"receipts" about any of snds girls being gay/bi? i heard some people thinking tae's bi? But you know how it's kpop fans

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I'm still "new" to kpop, is there any speculation/"receipts" about any of snds girls being gay/bi? i heard some people thinking tae's bi? But you know how it's kpop fans
Yuri had a legendary love triangle (in cars) rumors back in the day with none other than Son YeJin . Ksones did everything to erase it but some fans translated it.

ylknjklne
Reactions:

Post by ylknjklne »

Guest wrote:Is anyone watching Sky Castle? Would you recommend it?
Yes, i highly recommend it. It's really good. The characters are very well written, the lines, camera angles, the acting.. all A+

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LE is back at an LGBT club

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:LE is back at an LGBT club
she's actually at a drag queen bar
https://twitter.com/exiddoingthings/status/...7380297729?s=21

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everybody is freaking out about Exid disbanding and Hyojin is just making rounds at lgbt clubs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Straight people do this all the time. Doesn't mean anything

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Isn't the only other Kpop idol who has been to lgbt/gay club was Sunmi? Yeah I don't see a lot of straight koreans/idols going to these kind of clubs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Isn't the only other Kpop idol who has been to lgbt/gay club was Sunmi? Yeah I don't see a lot of straight koreans/idols going to these kind of clubs
I don't think Sunmi was ever at a gay club. Jessica once went to one right... she's straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't think Sunmi was ever at a gay club. Jessica once went to one right... she's straight.
Yeah sunmi has. She's even friends with drags. Mamamoo went to lgbt club. LE is gay though. She's been going to these lgbt clubs with her /rumored/ girlfriends. LE is obvious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: she's actually at a drag queen bar
Yeah sunmi has. She's even friends with drags. Mamamoo went to lgbt club. LE is gay though. She's been going to these lgbt clubs with her /rumored/ girlfriends. LE is obvious
*girlfriend

giog
Reactions:

Post by giog »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: she's actually at a drag queen bar
Sunmi? You got receipts? I can't find it anywhere

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

no straight person keeps going back to lgbt clubs consecutively. therefore, LE is gay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:no straight person keeps going back to lgbt clubs consecutively. therefore, LE is gay
Straight girls do that shit all the time, especially with drag queens. However, to be fair - I don't know if the dynamics are different in an Asian country.

cmon now
Reactions:

Post by cmon now »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:no straight person keeps going back to lgbt clubs consecutively. therefore, LE is gay
Straight girls do that shit all the time, especially with drag queens. However, to be fair - I don't know if the dynamics are different in an Asian country.
:eyeroll: Straight girls do that shit all the time where you live maybe but i would assume that is NOT the case in Korea, a conservative country that hasn't even recognized any form of gay marriage or partnership, where being gay is a big taboo, a disease, and especially if you are an idol, companies will throw you out and erase every association they ever had with you .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah LE going to LGBT clubs with her supposed girlfriend is not suspicious at all. She's 10/10 straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

giog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: Straight people do this all the time. Doesn't mean anything
Sunmi? You got receipts? I can't find it anywhere
x2 when did this happen?

MoR
Reactions:

Post by MoR »

Guest_guest wrote:From the other thread the only gays we could all agree on.
  • </li>
  • Kim Hye Soo (Lesbian)
    </li>
  • Son Ye Jin (Lesbian)
    </li>
  • LE (Lesbian)
    </li>
  • Amber (so fucking obvious!)
    </li>
  • Yuri (at least Bi)
    </li>
Everyone else descended the thread into massive stan wars and trolling.
We never agreed on Yuri being anything other than straight but everyone agreed Sunmi is part of LGBTQ. We just don't know what her sexual orientation is.

rgwblihb3
Reactions:

Post by rgwblihb3 »

I agree Sunmi is a part of Lgbt. I wonder in SU when she was getting to know Seulgi and stuff and later on when they spoke on the phone or texted in private I really wonder if they start gossiping abt other kpop celebs they know like who's dating who (especially girl/girl rships) and if Seulgi ever confided in Sunmi abt her members, maybe irene? I've never seen Sunmi interact or caught on camera w/ other RV members other than Seulgi and Yeri. I'm honestly interested to see Sunmi talking to Irene calling her unnie and I bet it'd be super awkward since they both want Seulgi (fanfic) lol

Unregistered
Reactions: 0

Post by Unregistered »

Son Yejin and Hyun Bin were caught together grocery shopping in LA. I guess she isn't a lesbian after all.
https://twitter.com/rainie_mike93/status/1087199914180849664

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unregistered wrote:Son Yejin and Hyun Bin were caught together grocery shopping in LA. I guess she isn't a lesbian after all.
Well....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
My favorite Korean film to date is The Handmaiden it also happen it's gay and a feminist film. The only TV drama with a canon lesbian story line that I've seen at least is the Painter of the Wind. I've payed more time under the historical genre since the plots are focused on the monarch and main characters being a hero they are still cliched but less focus on the hets and soapy-ness.
just rewatched Painter of the Wind (mcw scenes only) and god i hope moon chae won is gay :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

mega sad @ son yejin bein straight / bi / bearding... whichever the case is, boooo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unregistered wrote:Son Yejin and Hyun Bin were caught together grocery shopping in LA. I guess she isn't a lesbian after all.
May I ask who Son Yejin is and why everyone thought she was gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

maybe she's bi? i'm laughing at myself because i can't even diss the guy, I actually really love Hyun Bin :crybabe: