IRENE of RED VELVET

Reactions:

Re: IRENE of RED VELVET

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 22:57
What’s the story behind Irene and solar? I think they used to be close?
Uhh IIRC they were friendly through 2016-2017 and she, S0lar and Ch0rong made plans to get together but it never happened. Tbh they are super busy, especially back then. I still think they're on friendly terms but they're not friends.
Irene seems to like many female celebrities like D@hyun, Eunj1 etc. but she's never the one who tries to deepen relationships even if she's very warm to them. She seems quite introverted and guarded, the type of person who needs to be with someone else a lot to really trust them, hence her staff friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Was PCing on this thread and gosh the amount of hateful bullshit from akgaes and fans of the other members is pathetic. So easy to tell who is who. They're are irrelevant everywhere else so they camp out on anon boards to bash her. Super cringe and :fool: If you aren't her fan, there is a whole other thread to be a hater, there are twitter circles and other places to be haters, but it's like they can't control yourselves.

I highly encourage any real baetokkis to get on twitter if you aren't there already. Her love for her fans is real, let's show her love and celebrate her :hug: :dance2: :grouphug: and entertain ourselves. I am excited and happy to see she will be singing!! I hope we get good clips. We're in this together ✊🏽

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The stage costume ^^
Also loved her in the sweater vest button up, it's so dreamy. My dreamy woman!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't think they were ever super close. Solar is also incredibly introverted and shy and I think they simply couldn't make it work because of that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 04:36
Guest wrote:
Uhh IIRC they were friendly through 2016-2017 and she, S0lar and Ch0rong made plans to get together but it never happened. Tbh they are super busy, especially back then. I still think they're on friendly terms but they're not friends.
Irene seems to like many female celebrities like D@hyun, Eunj1 etc. but she's never the one who tries to deepen relationships even if she's very warm to them. She seems quite introverted and guarded, the type of person who needs to be with someone else a lot to really trust them, hence her staff friends.
I can't find the vid now but from what solar said it was like she herself is shy but Irene was beyond that/even worse so later on even when she started getting closer to chorong and fans wanted them to hang out, she said she wanted to get closer to chorong before attempting to get her to hang out with Irene. A pity. What little we saw of them was cute

I really liked her interactions with moonbyul on aseuls show too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 04:57
Was PCing on this thread and gosh the amount of hateful bullshit from akgaes and fans of the other members is pathetic. So easy to tell who is who. They're are irrelevant everywhere else so they camp out on anon boards to bash her. Super cringe and :fool: If you aren't her fan, there is a whole other thread to be a hater, there are twitter circles and other places to be haters, but it's like they can't control yourselves.

I highly encourage any real baetokkis to get on twitter if you aren't there already. Her love for her fans is real, let's show her love and celebrate her :hug: :dance2: :grouphug: and entertain ourselves. I am excited and happy to see she will be singing!! I hope we get good clips. We're in this together ✊🏽

X10000 annon they are unhinged and seriously mentally unwell. Irene adores her fans and we adore her. I’m so happy to see how she’s enjoying herself and how she’s so excited for her birthday. The way she was teasing fans yesterday was adorable. I can’t wait to celebrate her all over again and pretend I’m there with the other baetokkis 😭 seeing her two days in a row and getting a bubble yesterday has already made me greedy and I miss her already. Big hugs baetokkis our girl is doing so well :grouphug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 05:00
The stage costume ^^
Also loved her in the sweater vest button up, it's so dreamy. My dreamy woman!
Haha this gif made me laugh it’s so accurate. Also her in the sweater vest yes annon!!! She was stunning in it. It gives off kdrama vibes as well. Hoping we get a bts vlog of them shooting the vcr and we see more of Irene in it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 05:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I can't find the vid now but from what solar said it was like she herself is shy but Irene was beyond that/even worse so later on even when she started getting closer to chorong and fans wanted them to hang out, she said she wanted to get closer to chorong before attempting to get her to hang out with Irene. A pity. What little we saw of them was cute

I remember solar somewhere said when fans asked her about RV that she is friends with Irene but RV's leader is extremely introverted. Where ? I don't remember but byul was probably there :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 21:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I remember solar somewhere said when fans asked her about RV that she is friends with Irene but RV's leader is extremely introverted. Where ? I don't remember but byul was probably there :hmmm:
Da im not able to find the exact video but yeah solar had said that. Honestly it doesn't help that both Solar and Irene are very very introverted and shy, Irene more so and Solar always seems to have 1000 things on her plate. Both of them are also homebodies who'd rather stay in than go out with people. I would've loved to see them interact more tbh because both of the leaders are my biases.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 07:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da im not able to find the exact video but yeah solar had said that. Honestly it doesn't help that both Solar and Irene are very very introverted and shy, Irene more so and Solar always seems to have 1000 things on her plate. Both of them are also homebodies who'd rather stay in than go out with people. I would've loved to see them interact more tbh because both of the leaders are my biases.
Same. I would love some mamavelvet moment. I wish both group goes on some reality show like running girls together. :bigcry: Is it too much to ask :dramaqueen: I want some more byul and Irene interaction. I loved how byul was teasing her and Irene who is only soft for her members was soft for byul too. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 21:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Same. I would love some mamavelvet moment. I wish both group goes on some reality show like running girls together. :bigcry: Is it too much to ask :dramaqueen: I want some more byul and Irene interaction. I loved how byul was teasing her and Irene who is only soft for her members was soft for byul too. :wub:
If any of them is gay do you think the other would know? I’m sure rumors must spread around

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 22:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If any of them is gay do you think the other would know? I’m sure rumors must spread around
Da
Great question. I don't know about RV but that video above at a music show with byul having her arm around solar while talking to Irene really gave "hey it's me and my gf" vibes, like even the way Wendy looked back at them with a huge grin, I can't explain, it just really seems like a "they know" reaction.
I'd kill to have more Irene/MS interactions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 22:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da byul is gay. She's been known to be an open secret in the industry since ages.
Unpopular opinion ig but during aseul I really wish they invited MS instead of just Byul and Joy. Irene has always seemed comfortable around mmm members and tbh MS as a duo have the capability to make anything a lot more funny. I know chances are zero but I'd still love to see Irene interact with them someday. Maybe on solarsido or something

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone has the eng sub for the radio/podcast thing that Irene & Seulgi did for Birthday promo?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 15:57
Anyone has the eng sub for the radio/podcast thing that Irene & Seulgi did for Birthday promo?
here you go. translator is not fluent so there are likely some inaccuracies. I've been waiting for the usual sub teams to do it but doesn't look like that's happening any time soon so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 16:16
Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 15:57
here you go. translator is not fluent so there are likely some inaccuracies. I've been waiting for the usual sub teams to do it but doesn't look like that's happening any time soon so
thank youuu. listening to these 2 is like free therapy.

Alaska
Reactions: 11

Post by Alaska »

Unreleased song
x
x

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My baetokki sisters, unreleased songs and asking about a solo…it’s happening :grouphug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really wanted her solo. So bad. But that song is so bad. :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need the HD fancam of all those performances please :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 12:07
Agreed. If that's her song then I would like to wait for another year or more for her solo debut. If the song is not good then what's the point?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 13:13
Guest wrote:
Agreed. If that's her song then I would like to wait for another year or more for her solo debut. If the song is not good then what's the point?
Guys, Ms anti spoiler is not going to show her actual solo song at a bday party lol. This is a b side

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guys, Ms anti spoiler is not going to show her actual solo song at a bday party lol. This is a b side
That sounded cheap amateurish and awful as a b or an z side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA b-side with choreo? Please

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her real solo is going to be cunty, she didn’t do Ariana Grande to start for no reason :lol: and I doubt her actual solo song is finalized yet, but even so, this ain’t it. It’s a b side at best. I imagine she will do a solo state on tour. Her letter was super sweet and you could feel her happiness. I reckon her solo will come after the entire tour, late in the year, to let her confidence build up.

Antis are already being hateful but this was a great party for us baetokkis. I am glad she is being showered with love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Uh, Pose is a B side, In & out is a bside, Butterflies was a b side and they all have choreo. J1soo also performed an unreleased song for her solo stage and it wasn’t her solo song. Hell, $eulgi did a song for la rouge and it wasn’t even on her solo album. She has never given that level of spoilers, it has choreo because there’s nothing else she’s doing and she’s been working on dance constantly. I have never seen a kpop solo be released early, but when there’s a whole concept reveal and teasers and everything associated. If I am wrong, feel free to quote me haha but doubt

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:33
Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Uh, Pose is a B side, In & out is a bside, Butterflies was a b side and they all have choreo. J1soo also performed an unreleased song for her solo stage and it wasn’t her solo song. Hell, $eulgi did a song for la rouge and it wasn’t even on her solo album. She has never given that level of spoilers, it has choreo because there’s nothing else she’s doing and she’s been working on dance constantly. I have never seen a kpop solo be released early, but when there’s a whole concept reveal and teasers and everything associated. If I am wrong, feel free to quote me haha but doubt
*not when there are concept reveals and teasers etc. They would never leak it this way lol, this is a concert solo stage at most.
Anyway she went above and beyond for fans, I love her so much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like it's her solo debut song. Has Irene reference to it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 16:43

It's not. Yes there's an Irene reference in the lyrics but she wouldn't be performing her debut song at a birthday party.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 17:03
Guest wrote:

It's not. Yes there's an Irene reference in the lyrics but she wouldn't be performing her debut song at a birthday party.
Da I can't believe people are genuinely believing that this will be her title for a solo debut

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 17:10
Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 17:03
Guest wrote:

Da I can't believe people are genuinely believing that this will be her title for a solo debut
Da yeah at worst it’s another uncover, at best it’s a B side. Clearly there’s no Aseul happening so she will probably be doing a solo stage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What has been the response in korea?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Irene really made her birthday party into a mini concert lol. She went above and beyond for baetokkis. She is seriously the sweetest. Her gifts to the fans, her heartfelt letter, the time, energy and dedication to prepare the dance cover, song cover and her own unreleased song. This is why I am a baetokki for life. She also got a new fansite I’m so happy for her.

This is def not her solo song annons like others have said at best it’s a bside. What this does mean though is she has a vault of unreleased songs (she picked this from the bunch as a fun song for her fans) and her solo is coming anytime soon. Probably end of year but I wouldn’t mind if it’s next year as she will be so busy with touring this year. I actually liked the song it’s stuck in my head- it’s a light, catchy and fun song. Although I prefer velvet I wouldn’t be mad if she released a gp friendly solo so she can get more exposure.

I’m just happy to see she gained so much strength and confidence from the crowd. Seriously her crowd were so flipping supportive screaming the most supportive things to her the entire night and hyping her up. She needed to hear she is loved and supported so I’m glad she had this and also that she is got to do this alone to build up her confidence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 20:28
“Irene solo” trended in Korea. She also trended in a bunch of other counties including of course as usual in China. She usually trends though whenever she makes an appearance so it’s the usual thing for her. All we have are snippets of her performing and audio from the birthday. It’s just a fun thing for her fans anyway and she may perform it if there are solo stages at the concerts.

I am honestly not stressed about how her eventual solo does (I know she will do amazing sales wise in any event) as long as she has the best time performing and is showered with love from her fans that’s all that matters to me anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 23:57
Guest wrote:
“Irene solo” trended in Korea. She also trended in a bunch of other counties including of course as usual in China. She usually trends though whenever she makes an appearance so it’s the usual thing for her. All we have are snippets of her performing and audio from the birthday. It’s just a fun thing for her fans anyway and she may perform it if there are solo stages at the concerts.

I am honestly not stressed about how her eventual solo does (I know she will do amazing sales wise in any event) as long as she has the best time performing and is showered with love from her fans that’s all that matters to me anyway.
DA x1000 on the final part. We’ve really been through a lot, she and us both. So just seeing her perform, express herself creatively, enjoy her interactions with fans, moving with confidence, showing her skills…that’s all that matters to me. Whatever happens on the charts, it’s platinum in my room hahaha

Her letter (and her reading of it) was really moving, you can feel how much regret she feels but also the strength she gets from fans. This is the first time she’s really made mention to the hiatus, and in a way, I feel like it’s her saying, “I’m back,” because she talks about how she wanted to be someone worth waiting for, and how the days passed as she did what was necessary, with the bday party seeming like an end point. You can clearly tell she’s put in a lot of work.
You can also see how happy she was, interacting with fans and performing for them.

I love you Juhyun unnie!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 00:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA x1000 on the final part. We’ve really been through a lot, she and us both. So just seeing her perform, express herself creatively, enjoy her interactions with fans, moving with confidence, showing her skills…that’s all that matters to me. Whatever happens on the charts, it’s platinum in my room hahaha

Her letter (and her reading of it) was really moving, you can feel how much regret she feels but also the strength she gets from fans. This is the first time she’s really made mention to the hiatus, and in a way, I feel like it’s her saying, “I’m back,” because she talks about how she wanted to be someone worth waiting for, and how the days passed as she did what was necessary, with the bday party seeming like an end point. You can clearly tell she’s put in a lot of work.
You can also see how happy she was, interacting with fans and performing for them.

I love you Juhyun unnie!
Does anyone have a link to the letter?

Also, I'm loving the atmosphere here. So level headed people

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 08:42
Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 00:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I love you Juhyun unnie!
Does anyone have a link to the letter?

Also, I'm loving the atmosphere here. So level headed people
This is the letter translation:
And this is a close up of her while reading it. She's never cried so openly before, it means a lot
The hiatus was painful as hell, but honestly, it made me realize this whole arms race thing that kpop fans do is pointless. I just want to see the artist I like, making content, interacting with her fans, expressing herself creatively. Success matters only as a means to facilitate more work and I know to Irene, the love and support she receives from fans and the opportunity to develop as an artist are the most important things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
As long as the gp likes her song she will be fine. J**** was boycotted in Sokor for her controversial drama, now look at how Sokor eating up her song. The only people who still got a grudge against Irene are just Internet incels, the gp doesn't care.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 09:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
As long as the gp likes her song she will be fine. J**** was boycotted in Sokor for her controversial drama, now look at how Sokor eating up her song. The only people who still got a grudge against Irene are just Internet incels, the gp doesn't care.
Da I didn’t keep up with J1s00 so I dunno how similar or different their situations are, but I do think the GP doesn’t really care about these things after 3 years. I am curious how they (being SM) will build hype for it. I know the fandom is on lock, but how will they promote to the GP? For W, they sent her on some show before dropping it, idr what they did with J, S did GOT and a collab and some fashion show/YouTube/magazine shoot. I know IreneBar and her fans will do a lot for promo too but SM better not slack off! Whatever she’s comfy with and suits her is good, doesn’t need to replicate the others, but some effort will be good, otherwise people won’t know to try it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 10:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Da I didn’t keep up with J1s00 so I dunno how similar or different their situations are, but I do think the GP doesn’t really care about these things after 3 years. I am curious how they (being SM) will build hype for it. I know the fandom is on lock, but how will they promote to the GP? For W, they sent her on some show before dropping it, idr what they did with J, S did GOT and a collab and some fashion show/YouTube/magazine shoot. I know IreneBar and her fans will do a lot for promo too but SM better not slack off! Whatever she’s comfy with and suits her is good, doesn’t need to replicate the others, but some effort will be good, otherwise people won’t know to try it.
Lack of promo can be helped with Tiktok viralism. Let's hype her song on Tiktok, these days Tiktok is really important.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hello people ... I was so busy smiling at my twt timeline yesterday omg I'm soooo happy !!! :dance2: Everything about the party is really good. If I bought that ticket I'll be boasting about how it's more than worth it ! And the solo song. This is currently my fav video now, and unlike most of you annons here, I love the song ! lol :lol: But of course I think we can all agree this won't be her title track, I dare say, not even close. Which makes me wonder if this will be included in her solo album or as a standalone. If it's for the album, it'll take a long time before the official audio release ....

I think that irene has been preparing for her solo since last year, my guess is after/around 'birthday' comeback. If that one person in weibo is correct, irene's album is probably around late june or early july -> us tour -> w comeback -> rv comeback towards the end of the year.

and this.

“If everyone wants it, I promise that we’ll meet in a bigger place next year”

Somehow I feel like things has starting to get better for real. Saying "I promise" is kinda a big deal and coming from irene too. Meaning she's confident she can make sm book a bigger venue just like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh, and it seems like irenebar has started the funding for irene solo yesterday(?). Btw april has been good. Hopefully other months won't disappoint :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

there'll be another korean-english translator for irene if irene solo happens, and I'm thankful for that because we need more translator here :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Isn't an unreleased song means a song that's been eliminated from song selection process for the album ? So usually it won't be in the album or at least that's how thing goes from some western singers that I know of. Or maybe they'll make it to be a special track or bonus track

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is cute :wub: ... the male fans here are lesser than I thought (or maybe the female fans are a lot more than I thought, lol). I know irene/rv has more female fans in general but I always thought at least irene will have more male fans compare to the other members. But the ratio here is kinda far. Btw the amount of audience is satisfying, this is like a fanmeet/showcase. Talking about fanmeet is it too much if I hope for a fanmeet tour ? :'( Even though with rv being on a world tour irene fanmeet tour is just a dream

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 10:59
Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 10:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Lack of promo can be helped with Tiktok viralism. Let's hype her song on Tiktok, these days Tiktok is really important.
I hate tiktok but I guess I will have to learn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 12:38
hello people ... I was so busy smiling at my twt timeline yesterday omg I'm soooo happy !!! :dance2: Everything about the party is really good. If I bought that ticket I'll be boasting about how it's more than worth it ! And the solo song. This is currently my fav video now, and unlike most of you annons here, I love the song ! lol :lol: But of course I think we can all agree this won't be her title track, I dare say, not even close. Which makes me wonder if this will be included in her solo album or as a standalone. If it's for the album, it'll take a long time before the official audio release ....

I think that irene has been preparing for her solo since last year, my guess is after/around 'birthday' comeback. If that one person in weibo is correct, irene's album is probably around late june or early july -> us tour -> w comeback -> rv comeback towards the end of the year.

and this.

“If everyone wants it, I promise that we’ll meet in a bigger place next year”

Somehow I feel like things has starting to get better for real. Saying "I promise" is kinda a big deal and coming from irene too. Meaning she's confident she can make sm book a bigger venue just like that.
I'm certain that the solo offer did not exist until Kakao's takeover of SM last month because at the end of last year, she was just saying that she wanted to do a solo album if she had the chance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 00:47
I'm certain that the solo offer did not exist until Kakao's takeover of SM last month because at the end of last year, she was just saying that she wanted to do a solo album if she had the chance.
DA A lot of people picked up on her body language being suspicious there though. She was clearly nervous about how to respond, she repeated it a multiple times, she made eye contact with her manager on the side a few times, she did the hair thing she does when she’s nervous. And then toward the end, she’s pursing her lips in the way she does when she’s trying to not laugh before finally saying something. Irene doesn’t tend to lie but she doesn’t give spoilers either (lol her saying she tries to stay calm). And what she said wasn’t a lie, even if it might’ve been a misrepresentation of where she was at in the process. She was also told by a fan at a fansign that she’s ready to go solo and she laughed nervously there too, there’s a clip on Irene global.

So I personally think she was working on it by then, but YMMV. If she ends up performing the song for a solo stage, she must’ve recorded it at least in February which is before the whole corporate battle was settled. I don’t think Kakao is that involved in SM’s music side, other content - yes, but their main reason to buy SM was to help them when they get listed on the NYSE. However I respect your opinion :) Either way, I bet she’ll tell us the details when she releases it!