Moonbyul - korean soloist

Reactions:

Moonbyul - korean soloist

Post by Guest »

Thread for *kinda* out kpop idol moonbyul

Reactions:

Re: Moonbyul - korean soloist

Post by Guest »

Starting the thread off with some of the latest Moonbyul gay moments.

I think everyone should look up her Studio Moonnight episode with Seori and Mirani who were featured on her album and played the part of her lover both in MVs and the scripts she wrote for the album. Here's her referring to Seori as her partner in the MV:

In the scripts she wrote as a story for this album 6equence, she referred to herself as the lead role and used her name "Byulyi". She also spoke about "showing herself" in this album and confirmed the love story being about two women in an interview with the Korean press.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rules:
No het talk; including dating rumors about other idols
No fighting
Ignore trolls
No shippers
No bringing twitter fanwars here
Keep it gay. Very gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What do you guys think of her saying her family completely ignored shutdown? Even her sister who she lives with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 20:36
What do you guys think of her saying her family completely ignored shutdown? Even her sister who she lives with.
can you link the thread please, either way I can't say I'm too surprised...brave of her to still live her own life outside of any misunderstanding that her parents and sister have

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think it's interesting she even brought it up tbh. It could be because that song is so sexual so they felt uncomfortable bringing it up, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's gay. But I do wonder given how families are in south korea, how they felt about her being so open, maybe it wasn't issue since this was only a b-side?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 20:47
Guest wrote:
can you link the thread please, either way I can't say I'm too surprised...brave of her to still live her own life outside of any misunderstanding that her parents and sister have

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's interesting that she specified Shutdown out of the two releases, so maybe they mentioned G999 to her but not Shutdown (which is turning out to be the more popular song).
And to think she's seriously considering releasing actual 19+ songs as in R rated, and already has a few in the drafts. She obviously cares about her family's approval but she did say on multiple occasions that as she enters her 30s she wants to live for herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 20:51
Guest wrote:
I think it's interesting she even brought it up tbh. It could be because that song is so sexual so they felt uncomfortable bringing it up, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's gay. But I do wonder given how families are in south korea, how they felt about her being so open, maybe it wasn't issue since this was only a b-side?
Yup I thought the same too. The fact she brought it up. In korea even if the family isnt outright against it theres a dont ask dont tell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I find it interesting that Moonbyul looked up Seori and searched for her videos before inviting her to Studio Moonnight. Also her saying her voice reminded her of midnight and that it suited the mood of the song, she was clearly thinking of the adlibs they'd add. Remember when Solar told asked her about the "umm ahh" and all the smooth vocal runs and what they meant :rofl:
Then you have she's been thinking of Yoon M*rae for that erotic song, she's really become so bold now openly speaking about how she wants to sing erotic songs with women and is thinking about them and their voices suiting this or that song.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 21:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yup I thought the same too. The fact she brought it up. In korea even if the family isnt outright against it theres a dont ask dont tell.
She didn't bring it up herself, a fan did...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 01:53
Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 21:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She didn't bring it up herself, a fan did...
Oh ok. Did a fan ask her family thoughts on shutdown?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Brave fan lmao.
Everyone Byul and staff have tested negative btw.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It reads "Even when I'm alone, I can feel the warmth of my lover from head to toe, as if they permeate into me".

There's also others pictures in the photobook, the one with Seori laying down on Byul's thigh with Byul's hand on the back of her head, and one of them having cereal. I can't wait to get the album :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Never had an interest in football until now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 10:05

It reads "Even when I'm alone, I can feel the warmth of my lover from head to toe, as if they permeate into me".

There's also others pictures in the photobook, the one with Seori laying down on Byul's thigh with Byul's hand on the back of her head, and one of them having cereal. I can't wait to get the album :$
Same. They have so much chemistry :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah a lot of moomoos talked at length about Lunatic being commentary about homophobia and seeing homosexuality as mental illness. It's especially more evident in the english version where some verses sound like Moonbyul is trying to accept herself. You should read them again with this in mind. Not to mention the writing in the walls kinda say the same thing.

This song, Ddu x3 is my favorite she's ever done, I'm just so blown away by her vocals, by the instrumentals and the way she conveys emotion. It's amazing.

Also I'm sorry but her fit (and the way she moves here) in this video is peak gay fashion idc about stereotypes this woman is singing for another woman there's no way in hell this video isn't lesbian:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:25
Yeah a lot of moomoos talked at length about Lunatic being commentary about homophobia and seeing homosexuality as mental illness. It's especially more evident in the english version where some verses sound like Moonbyul is trying to accept herself. You should read them again with this in mind. Not to mention the writing in the walls kinda say the same thing.

This song, Ddu x3 is my favorite she's ever done, I'm just so blown away by her vocals, by the instrumentals and the way she conveys emotion. It's amazing.

Also I'm sorry but her fit (and the way she moves here) in this video is peak gay fashion idc about stereotypes this woman is singing for another woman there's no way in hell this video isn't lesbian:

This just screams gay. Like shes singing to someone in mind. I love this song so much. It's my favourite in the album. It sounds so personal and emotional.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:59
Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:25

This just screams gay. Like shes singing to someone in mind. I love this song so much. It's my favourite in the album. It sounds so personal and emotional.
I kinda wish I knew Korean so I could understand it better cause people are saying the lyrics in korean are heartbreaking. But yeah that video is gay as fuck, lmao small moment but did you see when she was touching/adjusting her cap idk but that was hot for me :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know it can't happen but I kinda want Moonbyul to get mad on the field and curse out someone :whistle: that's one part I actually enjoy about football so...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 16:29
I know it can't happen but I kinda want Moonbyul to get mad on the field and curse out someone :whistle: that's one part I actually enjoy about football so...

She's hot and cute at the same time :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Glad im not the only one that thinks shes singing to someone specifically

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is so hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Girls let's try to post fewer tweets so this thread doesn't turn people off. Or put them in spoilers and write a lot instead of just posting a tweet, ok?
Btw Moonbyul told a fan at a fansign that one of her goals is to release a 19+ mini album with 3 to 6 songs. I mean from the moment she mentioned the R rated song she wrote thinking of Yoon Mirae, I knew she already has something in the works, this is how Mamamoo operates in general with their spoilers.
And remember that 19+ also means more blatantly gay stuff likes possibly MVs or live clips...just saying, the girl already surprised us with Shutdown lyrics+photoshoot, we never thought something like that was possible for a top tier idol to do, she might just keep pushing the line.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 17:39
Girls let's try to post fewer tweets so this thread doesn't turn people off. Or put them in spoilers and write a lot instead of just posting a tweet, ok?
Btw Moonbyul told a fan at a fansign that one of her goals is to release a 19+ mini album with 3 to 6 songs. I mean from the moment she mentioned the R rated song she wrote thinking of Yoon Mirae, I knew she already has something in the works, this is how Mamamoo operates in general with their spoilers.
And remember that 19+ also means more blatantly gay stuff likes possibly MVs or live clips...just saying, the girl already surprised us with Shutdown lyrics+photoshoot, we never thought something like that was possible for a top tier idol to do, she might just keep pushing the line.
Who released 19+ before? I only think of Gain from Brown Eyed Girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 18:30
Guest wrote:
Oh? Which song/album was that and did how did she promote it, was there any pushback?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 18:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh? Which song/album was that and did how did she promote it, was there any pushback?
All her work is sexy and kind of dirty. In the Bloom vid she was touching herself. Yeah she was controversial, but she promoted on Mnet and wasn't banned from TV for the rest of her life or anything like that...

“But that doesn’t mean that everyone was happy with the album. Upon its release, “Paradise Lost” was banned from being performed on three of South Korea’s major TV channels due to its provocative dance moves. Not to mention, “Apple” initially received an explicit “19+” label in Korea (the equivalent of a “Rated R” rating) for its lyrics likening two lovers’ feelings to the Bible story of Eve biting the forbidden fruit. Tame stuff for Americans, but not so much in her native country.“

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-n ... 31811/amp/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
All her work is sexy and kind of dirty. In the Bloom vid she was touching herself. Yeah she was controversial, but she promoted on Mnet and wasn't banned from TV for the rest of her life or anything like that...

“But that doesn’t mean that everyone was happy with the album. Upon its release, “Paradise Lost” was banned from being performed on three of South Korea’s major TV channels due to its provocative dance moves. Not to mention, “Apple” initially received an explicit “19+” label in Korea (the equivalent of a “Rated R” rating) for its lyrics likening two lovers’ feelings to the Bible story of Eve biting the forbidden fruit. Tame stuff for Americans, but not so much in her native country.“

Just watched and listened to Paradise Lost and damn how did I know about it sooner, this is something that's definitely missing from kpop; actually labeling it as kpop would be an insult. I'd love to see this type of music back. Now I'm wondering if Moonbyul would ever go for something really sexy. Definitely not gonna be in a similar style to Gain's which is why I'm so excited to see how she'd handle things especially on the visual and performance fronts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 20:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just watched and listened to Paradise Lost and damn how did I know about it sooner, this is something that's definitely missing from kpop; actually labeling it as kpop would be an insult. I'd love to see this type of music back. Now I'm wondering if Moonbyul would ever go for something really sexy. Definitely not gonna be in a similar style to Gain's which is why I'm so excited to see how she'd handle things especially on the visual and performance fronts.
There are a few names that could follow in Gain's footsteps, but so far none have dared. K-pop has always been "arranged" but this era of kpop is too puppet-like for my liking… I keep my fingers crossed for Moonbyul and hope she makes it a lil gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 22:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There are a few names that could follow in Gain's footsteps, but so far none have dared. K-pop has always been "arranged" but this era of kpop is too puppet-like for my liking… I keep my fingers crossed for Moonbyul and hope she makes it a lil gay.
I think all of Mamamoo are doing it a little bit less "puppet" and trying to go for a more mature style, I'm gonna say even with Lunatic which was a bit quirky at least we got to see a bit of personality and acting instead of your usual stare into the camera and look pretty. Same with I'm a B. Still I do want something more daring and out there, and it wouldn't hurt if it was gay and came from Moonbyul.

For her concert, Byul said she wanted to do story-telling and have different sets so maybe she might act out some of the scripts or even add to them. I hope she goes through with this plan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 23:13
Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 22:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think all of Mamamoo are doing it a little bit less "puppet" and trying to go for a more mature style, I'm gonna say even with Lunatic which was a bit quirky at least we got to see a bit of personality and acting instead of your usual stare into the camera and look pretty. Same with I'm a B. Still I do want something more daring and out there, and it wouldn't hurt if it was gay and came from Moonbyul.

For her concert, Byul said she wanted to do story-telling and have different sets so maybe she might act out some of the scripts or even add to them. I hope she goes through with this plan.
She might go with that again, but I think she mentioned that she's already done that with her previous online concert (with the different sets and rooms). Still, I'd take more story telling. It's honestly more interesting.

A different topic though, does anyone remember way back when Moonbyul alluded to the fact that she was in a "some" with someone? That apparently "resolved." I believe it was on Sandeul's radio show. She tells a couple things here and there about being or not being in a relationship, and sometimes her perspective on her pre-debut relationship changes... Either it's inconsistencies, or it's just her views changing as she gets older. But she does a damn good job of running people around the ropes, and it seems to be pretty effective at keeping people confused about her relationship status. (Still positive she's a lesbian though, just to clarify.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If we assume that everything she said in public about dating was about this one pre-debut relationship (and I doubt it is, you know all idols have to lie about dating), then at first you think it's inconsistent but to me it just sounds like someone maturing through the years and realising they had a role to play in the breakup too.
To me, there are a lot of similarities in the lyrics for absence to the lyrics in her recent songs. I'm not saying this means it really is that one relationship, it could be something more recent but I get the feeling it's all one relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Remember when Byul read that het love story in SMN and then started talking about how that sort of thing can happen with same sex relationships and also with friends and opposite sex couples? She started out with "same-sex". I remember korean moos were stunned about it, and it seems like they haven't forgotten.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[spoiler][/spoiler] I already can see moos saying “we’ll do our best for moonbyul next time”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 10:51
[spoiler][/spoiler] I already can see moos saying “we’ll do our best for moonbyul next time”
Oh they should just shut up honestly. Plus this is more rbw's fault for not investing in ads and Moonbyul not charting. But yeah hearing all the "next time byul" makes my blood boil give it up cows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 11:22
Guest wrote:
Oh they should just shut up honestly. Plus this is more rbw's fault for not investing in ads and Moonbyul not charting. But yeah hearing all the "next time byul" makes my blood boil give it up cows.
Sigh at least they don’t have excuses now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Moonbyul has to be aware that ads are important. I mean look at Wheein's yt views to likes ratio, without ads she'd have even less than 6mil views, though I don't know how much that would have lowered her chances of winning (but seeing as how she won by 6 points, I'm gonna say that saved her). As for charting, RBW needs better promo for Byul since she's not exactly releasing gp friendly songs. With her album sales though, Moonbyul might have had a chance if this was handled well.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Moonbyul has to be aware that ads are important. I mean look at Wheein's yt views to likes ratio, without ads she'd have even less than 6mil views, though I don't know how much that would have lowered her chances of winning (but seeing as how she won by 6 points, I'm gonna say that saved her). As for charting, RBW needs better promo for Byul since she's not exactly releasing gp friendly songs. With her album sales though, Moonbyul might have had a chance if this was handled well.
I am glad she's reached that stage where she doesn't look for validation in terms of being an artist. Blaming rbw is weird when it is the same Fandom that got the other girls their win. Tbf this Fandom is full of gays that fetishize skin showing women, the only reason wheein won is the ads and this idiotic Fandom need to prove a point to rbw... which they did at the price of byul. Kmoos seem to have dropped any or all support for all 4 of them. I won't comment on whether byul deserved to win but whether rbw is to blame when it's the same rbw under which the others won ... makes me question the logic. Don't get me wrong, I want that company gone as much as anyone, but to blame the lack of support on the agency and have it cover the lack of support from the Fandom for her just ain't it

Reactions:

Post by guest »

guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 14:20
Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I am glad she's reached that stage where she doesn't look for validation in terms of being an artist. Blaming rbw is weird when it is the same Fandom that got the other girls their win. Tbf this Fandom is full of gays that fetishize skin showing women, the only reason wheein won is the ads and this idiotic Fandom need to prove a point to rbw... which they did at the price of byul. Kmoos seem to have dropped any or all support for all 4 of them. I won't comment on whether byul deserved to win but whether rbw is to blame when it's the same rbw under which the others won ... makes me question the logic. Don't get me wrong, I want that company gone as much as anyone, but to blame the lack of support on the agency and have it cover the lack of support from the Fandom for her just ain't it
I don't agree with all the points you made here... but the lack of support I wholeheartedly agree with. I just lost faith in this Fandom and the group today. It doesn't reflect on the group, but I just won't see them the same as before... even if wheein wouldn't have won today (which BTW congrats to her!!) This Fandom and that agency have time and again cast byul aside except when thirsting after her, and that is something I as a fan cannot ignore. I hope she finds success in her music and in general life too. She seems like a warm person who has a lot of love to give, I hope she doesn't give up on her music because the validation that every artist craves came to her too late or as charity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Never liked children and don't intend to ever have them but seeing Moonbyul all cute and laughing with those kids is making happy for some reason what is happening :rofl: why is she suddenly more attractive to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yea thr fandom can't stay blameless when twice in a row Moonbyul is losing. Just say you don't fuck with her music and go drool over someone else/ have your lesbian fetish satisfied elsewhere cause boy do I not believe that this fandom is mostly gay noope

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The clip of her losing breaks my heart. She might hide it well this time but we all know how much a win means to her and fo any artist. I just need it to happen before she retires, she' consistently putting out great music and challenging herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeah there is a reason why rbvv is so fucking shit nowadays, but mb props know about it when she decided to re-sign. rbvv wants to basement her so fucking bad (and already doing so) just because she refuses to meet their demand, but the money they could make? lmfao no one can say no especially for a money whore like rbvv.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 15:04
yeah there is a reason why rbvv is so fucking shit nowadays, but mb props know about it when she decided to re-sign. rbvv wants to basement her so fucking bad (and already doing so) just because she refuses to meet their demand, but the money they could make? lmfao no one can say no especially for a money whore like rbvv.
SHe said it herself the company sees her more like a coworker than an artist, they probably don't care about her achievements or her being recognized with wins etc

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I think this Fandom is no longer as gay as we thought, there is no way shutdown didn't have a larger ripple effect ...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 19:31
I think this Fandom is no longer as gay as we thought, there is no way shutdown didn't have a larger ripple effect ...
What do you mean by larger ripple effect?

The fandom was never gay, maybe a bit at the beginning but then the girls got new fans in 2019-2020 including a bunch of young gen z queertards as in hets who think calling MB fruity on twitter makes them gay for aesthetics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Byul's coming out is more possible than we actually think. [spoiler]According to this article even sbs was on his side (and it was happening in early 00s even). https://www.koreaboo.com/news/hong-seok ... g-gay-man/ Now he's a successful businessman and television personality. Although he had been banned for 3 years but then he was returned on tv. Time has been changed, i think to be come out now is more easy. Also Byul's career don't depend on gp but on her own fandom that is at least (!) Lgbt friendly. After her retirement (from idol career) she can come out i think. She can be producer (as an option) or any other and being opened gay.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I doubt she'll come out (to the gp at least, cause she's basically out to her fans and by extension the kpop community) while she's still active but I can totally see her not hiding if she's out of the limelight in 7 years or so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She could be out like Jo Kwon. As far as I know he never opened up but gp knows he’s gay.