Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:47
guest+ wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:42
Lee Da-hee :heart:
oooh, shit, I remember someone in Mine thread rec this show and one day I'm checking -it's on Netflix, the next day it was gone :mask: I'll have to use less offficial ways. But yeat, totally my next bingewatch. Heard a lot of good stuff about that show.
That clip is pretty gay, so I'm guessing there's an actual gay storyline in that show?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:55
Guest wrote:
guest+ wrote:
oooh, shit, I remember someone in Mine thread rec this show and one day I'm checking -it's on Netflix, the next day it was gone :mask: I'll have to use less offficial ways. But yeat, totally my next bingewatch. Heard a lot of good stuff about that show.
That clip is pretty gay, so I'm guessing there's an actual gay storyline in that show?
sa/ from what I heard there isn't? But the show is very female-oriented.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:51
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:45
I refuse to believe IU and YIN are not together. Their age differences and that extra was, living close by and always in each other’s apartments.. Nahh they’re hiding in plain sight

very sweet
If one of them is a man or bit masc, I’m sure everyone thinks they’re dating

Guest08016
Reactions:

Post by Guest08016 »

Guest wrote:
I refuse to believe IU and YIN are not together. Their age differences and that extra was, living close by and always in each other’s apartments.. Nahh they’re hiding in plain sight
x2 IU wrote this song about missing YIN and there’s no het explanation for it :$ :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest+ wrote:
You'll be SHOCKED that it's not gay. Ultimately it feels like they really wanted to go there with LDH's character but then chickened out. That scene of her drunk in bed with Lim Soo-jung's character is **PHEW** :blinkwide: :blinkwide: The way LDH says "unnie..." good lord if she really is dating her stylist (as seems to be the case), her stylist is a very lucky woman :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest+ wrote:
Iconic scene :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest08016 wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 18:12
Guest wrote:
x2 IU wrote this song about missing YIN and there’s no het explanation for it :$ :heart:
:hug:
Exactly. They’re not teens to be doing this kinda thing. Most people say YIN is lucky but I feel IU is the lucky one.

GuestP
Reactions:

Post by GuestP »

Any Pandas here? Bomi, Chorong, and Naeun are :heart:, yes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Apink!

I would actually be interested to read the tea everyone seems to already be aware of? I missed all of the popular rumours, I was confined to a particular gg thread and when I started to venture out to the original k ent thread it has mostly become an intelligible mess already. :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest+ wrote:
Da was watching singles inferno, its sooo hetero but the girls are pretty and ldh is in it as a panelist, and shes soo obviously smitten with one of the contestant soyeon who is around the same age as her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 18:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest+ wrote:
You'll be SHOCKED that it's not gay. Ultimately it feels like they really wanted to go there with LDH's character but then chickened out. That scene of her drunk in bed with Lim Soo-jung's character is **PHEW** :blinkwide: :blinkwide: The way LDH says "unnie..." good lord if she really is dating her stylist (as seems to be the case), her stylist is a very lucky woman :$
I was almost going to watch this show when it was out but after knowing that it ends up not being gay I gave up because I didn’t want my heart to brake :rofl: Even so, is it worth watching? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 19:09
guest+ wrote:
Da was watching singles inferno, its sooo hetero but the girls are pretty and ldh is in it as a panelist, and shes soo obviously smitten with one of the contestant soyeon who is around the same age as her.
I think meeting the right girl, Jia will choose her over a man

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If it's true they make a stunning couple. Lucky LDH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's already a thread about K-entertainment, what's the difference or the need for a new one?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You could've posted all the things you've posted here on the other thread too. No one is stopping you from discussing these topics there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Random but I'm always thought Seohyun was Yuri like they were the same person, I was shocked when I found out they weren't the same person :tinfoil: (I'm not a snsd stan obviously)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 22:02
There's already a thread about K-entertainment, what's the difference or the need for a new one?
There's no trolling or 4th gen talk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 23:35
Random but I'm always thought Seohyun was Yuri like they were the same person, I was shocked when I found out they weren't the same person :tinfoil: (I'm not a snsd stan obviously)
Have you seen Hello Dracula? Seohyun and Lee Chung-ah were ex-girfriends. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 23:39
Guest wrote:
x2 No one here wants to see those braindead posts about kiddos which fill the 90% of that thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 02:55
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 23:39
Guest wrote:
x2 No one here wants to see those braindead posts about kiddos which fill the 90% of that thread.
There seems to be only Aespa or Moon talk in that thread and it goes for pages.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 00:01
Guest wrote:
Have you seen Hello Dracula? Seohyun and Lee Chung-ah were ex-girfriends. :heart:
I know her role wasn't explicit, but i was so damn proud of her for playing that role. It's nice to know someone from a group you loved for long is supportive at least. For a while back during their earlier days, i was scared some of them were homophobic. Tiffany and Sooyoung and i think Yoona as well, attended this cult of a church that was known to be scarily bigoted. That suju homophobe also attended it so when it came out that he was a bigot, it strengthened my fear that they might have been like him. I wonder if they eventually left that toxic cult, and that's why their whole perspective changed?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Every once in a while someone in a k-ent related thread (k-ent or group) will mention their own age and I realize how young some posters are around here. Which is perfectly fine, this is a board for all ages! But it's a reminder of why the conversations end up where they do sometimes or what people are interested in talking about...so this thread may not last but I hope it does. I've got my ajumma visor on and it'd be great to have a place to talk about older gen idols or older actresses (or even just the non-popular idols and actresses who never get attention over there anymore), etc rather than scrolling through pages of troll posts and posts analyzing the microexpressions of teenage idols :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 03:20
Guest wrote:
Every once in a while someone in a k-ent related thread (k-ent or group) will mention their own age and I realize how young some posters are around here. Which is perfectly fine, this is a board for all ages! But it's a reminder of why the conversations end up where they do sometimes or what people are interested in talking about...so this thread may not last but I hope it does. I've got my ajumma visor on and it'd be great to have a place to talk about older gen idols or older actresses (or even just the non-popular idols and actresses who never get attention over there anymore), etc rather than scrolling through pages of troll posts and posts analyzing the microexpressions of teenage idols :lol:
x2. At this point that K-enter thread should rename K-idol (tween) thread which is really what that is about! This L Chat has multiple threads about the similar, overlapping (but not same) topics like "Older women you..." "Middle aged women..." "Hot women over 50" (all of which I have happily read lol) and no one really has had problems.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 19:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest+ wrote:
I was almost going to watch this show when it was out but after knowing that it ends up not being gay I gave up because I didn’t want my heart to brake :rofl: Even so, is it worth watching? :lol:
Watch, it’s worth it. They have more scenes together that are just as suggestive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 21:38
If it's true they make a stunning couple. Lucky LDH.
Is that her manager/stylist/whoever she's supposed to be dating? How did those rumours start and do we have any pictures of the both of them together?

I remember thinking LDH was stunning while watching Crash Landing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lee Da Hee wasn't in Crash Landing. I'm assuming you're talking about Seo Ji Hye, there's definitely some resemblance there. Seo Ji Hye was all I could focus on when watching Crash Landing. And she's 37.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With all this talk about Lee Da-hee, I remeber now other Lee Bo young co-star, but this time from the show "Mother": Ko Sung-hee, and her friendship Kim Yeon Koung. Tho to be fair Ko Sung hee name must appeared in some gossip korean forums way before her pics with with KYK on IG last year. Because I legit read about it somewhere in 2020 even...
And she is 31 so she belongs here :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 08:48
Lee Da Hee wasn't in Crash Landing. I'm assuming you're talking about Seo Ji Hye, there's definitely some resemblance there. Seo Ji Hye was all I could focus on when watching Crash Landing. And she's 37.
She was so hot. She caught my eye way before Son Ye Jin did. Any tea on her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

omg, the laugh I just had for a breakfast :rofl:
Two type of people. Both goddesses tho lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Oh shoot. I'm sorry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to say Lee Da-hee and Lee Bo young were great in that one show, but my god, they should be the main couple.

*check notes* 1598798262 wasted opportunity in Kdrama. Typical :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 08:56
Guest wrote:
Recently rumoured to be dating her costar in Crash Landing, but she denied it pretty adamantly. If true (which I doubt), that dude is living my dream. His ex (infamously) is Seo Yea-Ji.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 09:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Recently rumoured to be dating her costar in Crash Landing, but she denied it pretty adamantly. If true (which I doubt), that dude is living my dream. His ex (infamously) is Seo Yea-Ji.
Da oh that supposed gaslighting guy knetz had a field day with? I don’t understand how he has been linked to women who are clearly out of his league

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da It's good to see more women that were captivated by her. Too bad she seems straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 03:25
Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 03:20
Guest wrote:
x2. At this point that K-enter thread should rename K-idol (tween) thread which is really what that is about! This L Chat has multiple threads about the similar, overlapping (but not same) topics like "Older women you..." "Middle aged women..." "Hot women over 50" (all of which I have happily read lol) and no one really has had problems.

Guesttt6
Reactions:

Post by Guesttt6 »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 03:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I know her role wasn't explicit, but i was so damn proud of her for playing that role. It's nice to know someone from a group you loved for long is supportive at least. For a while back during their earlier days, i was scared some of them were homophobic. Tiffany and Sooyoung and i think Yoona as well, attended this cult of a church that was known to be scarily bigoted. That suju homophobe also attended it so when it came out that he was a bigot, it strengthened my fear that they might have been like him. I wonder if they eventually left that toxic cult, and that's why their whole perspective changed?
Does anyone know anything about lee chung-ah? I saw her IG and she pings for me

Guesttt6
Reactions:

Post by Guesttt6 »

Guesttt6 wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 10:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Does anyone know anything about lee chung-ah? I saw her IG and she pings for me
This Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da/ I have to say, I find Christianity and influence of Catholic Church on SK industry and SK in general fascinating. It doesn't seem like...European type of Catholicism? Idk if it's connected to this deeply rooted conservatism or is it because it's fairly new? I mean when exactly Christianity truly started t rise in SK? After II WW, right?

It seems like they are somehow in the first stage? idk...but what's even more surprising, it's nt even a dominant religion there, but it often feels like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Women in suits will never get old. :giveup:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 10:34
Da/ I have to say, I find Christianity and influence of Catholic Church on SK industry and SK in general fascinating. It doesn't seem like...European type of Catholicism? Idk if it's connected to this deeply rooted conservatism or is it because it's fairly new? I mean when exactly Christianity truly started t rise in SK? After II WW, right?

It seems like they are somehow in the first stage? idk...but what's even more surprising, it's nt even a dominant religion there, but it often feels like it.
Lol my grandparents' families were already devout Christians - not rare then - back in Pyongyang, North Korea even before WWII and Korean War. Lots of such families lost everything and became refugees in SK (and some lucky ones could move to the US). One source of devout generations of families lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was this funny side-plot in Mine with that Bible study group. It was rather sarcastic look at this phenomenon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

never gets odl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 10:59
never gets odl

What's going on here? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 11:14
Guest wrote:
never gets odl

Da- Please watch this video, lmao at that fan Chaeyun🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 12:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
never gets odl

People crazy.. The secondhand embarrassment with the girl screaming was real :tinfoil: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think I ever watched that video till the end. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 13:41
Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 12:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
never gets odl

People crazy.. The secondhand embarrassment with the girl screaming was real :tinfoil: :lol:
Chaeyun must’ve exploded watching Mine lol. I wonder how she’s doing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 03:25
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 19:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Watch, it’s worth it. They have more scenes together that are just as suggestive.
Thanks! ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
never gets odl

This girl was having a lesbian awakening in the middle of the street :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 15:57
I pray this stays open and I can discuss things with my fellow ajummas. Hi everyone!

:rofl: Don't worry Unnie, I've remember to bring my visor so I am ready to crouch down in a random park angrily discussing how terrible all young people are.

Seriously, ajummas are scary.