Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

This thread is so normal and sane compared to the other one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 18:59
It's mostly an age thing maybe, plus the content of this thread (older gen groups and actresses) makes for a more chill vibe. Kpop is a bloodsport more than ever nowadays and it's just fans boasting numbers or whatever while tearing down everything that isn't on the same "team." No one really seems to enjoy anything except "winning," whatever that means. It's a shame because it's making all of these threads miserable when it could be so much fun. It's all trying to prove the thing YOU like is qb, straight, a flop while the thing I like is the best. Meanwhile the ajummas in this thread are just sitting around eating and chatting and posting hot/gay women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tomorrow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I'm excied for this. cautiously optimistic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4 Korean films with wlw content are coming out soon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 15:49
Tomorrow
I’m excited for this film hopefully it’s going be good! I wonder if Esom plays a villain?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 20:46

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 19:52
Which ones exactly? :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol, I'll eat up all the fanservice! SoHee is so flirty. I wonder how she'll act the press tour

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Kill Boksoon came out today on Netflix. The daughter of the main character is gay. There is a kissing scene and some coming out drama. The other 3 films are Heavy Snow(the Han So Hee film), No Heaven but love and Green night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even if the heavy snow was filmed years ago, she did promote abt it on her IG story showing the scene where she kissed the girl.

What’s up with Han Soo Hee constantly flirting with SHK? Excluding marketing purposes, has she ever done sth similar like this with any of her co-stars? She has left few comments on SHK’s IG on different occasions. Now that she finally has SHK’s attention today, she even replied back a fan who asks SHK to comment more please on Han Soo Hee’s IG with “please.” 2 hours ago

Note that the fan comment was among hundred comments under SHK’s reply so that perhaps means she read thru all of them just to do that. It’s possible but rare for top class actresses like them to do such PR move. Regardless, I like how Han Soo Hee acts a bit like cute girl who isn’t afraid to show her affectionate towards SHK

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

another day, another B0A concerta and I'm not there, I know she will never come to Europe and even if she would she would be in some small club, without the band and all those big stages. idk if I want it ,lol

that outfitwas such a slay. SM must spent her whole yearly budget on this :lol: We will not get cb from her this year, because of that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 15:49
Tomorrow
watched this yesterday and it was amazing! totally recommend!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 22:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kill Boksoon came out today on Netflix. The daughter of the main character is gay. There is a kissing scene and some coming out drama. The other 3 films are Heavy Snow(the Han So Hee film), No Heaven but love and Green night.
Thank you! I’m gonna add them to my list right away

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need Apink to come to North America, along with Girls Generation and BEG. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean, I can't even be mad. Legend deserves to have some fun :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 12:13
The Tweet is unavailable.

I wonder when they met and if they are still in a relationship. If so then they have been going strong for a long time.
I noticed that you can see the tweet again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So the Hwasa x Boa post I made before I wa adjust having fun. But really what if there’s something going on here

Apparently some klez boa fans are shipping them too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 13:31
Hwasa and boa are a great potential ship look at them
I need this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so girls, what do we think about new apink song?
I think it's okay & harmless, tho it kind of flows without any significant 'whoa' moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 11:22
Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 22:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thank you! I’m gonna add them to my list right away
No Heaven but love and Heavy snow will be shown at the Jeonju film festival at the end of April and then there will probably be long wait until they get released. After my death was released in theaters a year after it was shown in festivals for example.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No Heaven but love seems interesting and has a famous actress. I hope it's good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 19:26
No Heaven but love seems interesting and has a famous actress. I hope it's good.
First trailer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 17:03
I think it's okay & harmless, tho it kind of flows without any significant 'whoa' moment.

It's not bad just like you said. I was hoping for something like Dilemma level though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 15:19
i saw a lot of kles on twitter divided on this that the other girl is too butch while the other side basically said stop being shallow, representation is representation.

what are lchat anons thoughts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

English subs

I personally don't care that she is butch. Also she is not butch at all in one half of the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 18:48
I personally don't care that she is butch. Also she is not butch at all in one half of the movie.
they were judging it based off the kiss scene clip

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just like the Seulgi clips from "Stamp On It" era. If she hasn't hooked up with a woman, she needs to because she's exposing herself with those thirst faces :rofl: (I'm kidding btw, please continue outwardly thirsting boa dear.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Idk what is going on but since yesterday i haven't been able to play 80% of vids on twitter. Annoying, especially with that clip :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DEAD :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 17:03

Just finished listening to SELF, and it's the bright and bubbly Apink we all know and love, right? tiktok ceo got Mr. Chu trending last week :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still got it! :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bloody hell, that quote from Sunny on "nice m€n". She couldn't more direct about this. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 08:23
Bloody hell, that quote from Sunny on "nice m€n". She couldn't more direct about this. 008
DA this reminded me of the incident where an old hag touched Jessica inappropriately maybe it was mubank ending or something like that since they were promoting that time. After she told other girlies about it they gave him a dirty stare. It was just one incident that was filmed we don't even know how many times they had face this type of harassment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 07:06

She really is Korea's Cate Blanchett. Where is our Carol (2015) Korean version with KSH as Carol!? :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 19:51
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 07:06

She really is Korea's Cate Blanchett Kim Seo-hyung. Where is our Carol (2015) Korean version with KSH as Carol!? :nails:
Fixed it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 18:04
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 08:23
DA this reminded me of the incident where an old hag touched Jessica inappropriately maybe it was mubank ending or something like that since they were promoting that time. After she told other girlies about it they gave him a dirty stare. It was just one incident that was filmed we don't even know how many times they had face this type of harassment.
DA ugh it's so disgusting. old creeps everywhere. and it seems it was run devil run era which is when the attempted taeyeon abduction happened so that era must've been extra hellish. there's also that story taeyeon told about a much older sunbae incessantly texting her and she had no idea how this man got her number. and no one cared because the people running the show are predators too. no doubt they have multiple h@rvy winesteens that haven't been exposed. seungr! was rookie shit compared to what is probably happening the higher up you go. :spank: :spank: :spank:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg, Kim Wansun, you fucking legend. I had no idea!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 16:24

Esp legendary when you consider she's a million-seller from the days before bulk buying. Yeah current groups/singers are selling big numbers but it's almost all bulk. Case in point: that B*S dude who had such a drop off on Billboard that his fans are melting down. They bulk bought and got him to the top on release, then in week 2 he plummeted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 19:10
Guest wrote:
It's mostly an age thing maybe, plus the content of this thread (older gen groups and actresses) makes for a more chill vibe. Kpop is a bloodsport more than ever nowadays and it's just fans boasting numbers or whatever while tearing down everything that isn't on the same "team." No one really seems to enjoy anything except "winning," whatever that means. It's a shame because it's making all of these threads miserable when it could be so much fun. It's all trying to prove the thing YOU like is qb, straight, a flop while the thing I like is the best. Meanwhile the ajummas in this thread are just sitting around eating and chatting and posting hot/gay women.

The other thread is full of crazy kpop stans. You can see their fan wars there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 14:26
Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 19:10
Guest wrote:

The other thread is full of crazy kpop stans. You can see their fan wars there.
DA that thread is full of teenagers who are immature. They don't care about others opinion and only think they right and also disrespects every anon who doesn't agree with them. Sometimes when I'm super bored I visit that thread with food and read all the drama and laugh at them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Esp legendary when you consider she's a million-seller from the days before bulk buying. Yeah current groups/singers are selling big numbers but it's almost all bulk. Case in point: that B*S dude who had such a drop off on Billboard that his fans are melting down. They bulk bought and got him to the top on release, then in week 2 he plummeted.
As a member of the ajumma club, I still don't know how bulk buying works. How can they manipulate Billboard charts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 13:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

As a member of the ajumma club, I still don't know how bulk buying works. How can they manipulate Billboard charts?
da They buy the same song multiple times

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 14:15
Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 13:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da They buy the same song multiple times
Yeah multiple accounts etc buying the song many many times, setting up bots to stream, literally just buying dozens to hundreds of copies of physical albums. It's done to boost sales, to collect all the pokemon photocards, or get entries to fancall lotteries. Then the albums resell for pennies if they can, but most just end up in the trash

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To add what other anons wrote, here is an article that mentions the concept of core fandoms that buy everything x 10 or x300 (if they want to win videocall with the idol).
link

"These core fans purchase an average of seven to eleven albums, with some buying hundreds to boost rankings on the charts. They spend money opening "birthday cafes," on Times Square ads or sponsoring customs plane and train ads praising the artists."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Records that people like S.E.S, or Kim Wansun or BoA hold are legit amazing and it's a shame that people often forget about it.
Those were phenomenal stats, made in different & difficult times for SK, but also music biz (illegal downloads).

Congrats to all those queens honestly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

man, I need to finish Little Women. I'm stuck on ep3.
K-Dramas episodes are sooooooooo long. :unsure: