Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

SK being into extremist christianity so much will never cease to amaze me. But then again, this is still less than 30% who claim they are christians, right? But they are so loud...damn. At this point you are lucky if your idol is catholic and not something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:43
Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:28
Guest wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:37
Guest wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:32
I watched the first three episodes of the new Netflix documentary about Korean cults. Please don’t watch it if you are a sensitive person because you will puke after the first few seconds.
Every Koreaboo who travels to SK needs to know about these cults. Apparently there are many more of these cults over there and some specialize in attacking foreigners.

*Not attacking but targeting foreigners in order to get new members
Here we go a male idol as his family are in the cult and they are like “ but we didn’t know.”
https://www.pannchoa.com/2023/03/theqoo ... t.html?m=1
I hope no female celebrity is involved in this shit but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were.

I’m sorry for interrupting your talks here but this is heavy so I can’t stop myself from sharing news about this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 19:11
SK being into extremist christianity so much will never cease to amaze me. But then again, this is still less than 30% who claim they are christians, right? But they are so loud...damn. At this point you are lucky if your idol is catholic and not something else.
That's what I thought too. Be happy if ur fav is a catholic. At least, Catholics don't believe that the reincarnation of Jesus is a perverted Korean. JMS alone has 100 churches and if you ask these people they will tell you "we are Christians".
I mean, cults are everywhere, but somehow Korean cults are growing big enough to influence politics like no other. They say there are doctors, prosecutors… educated people from the top universities in JMS. The PD says he changed Maple’s plane tickets of few times and yet the cult members were at the airport… This documentary really hits your mental health.

By the way stay also away from Synnara Records a cult company who’s CEO is a female cult leader who did also crazy shit. It’s also in this new Netflix documentary but doesn’t get as much attention as JMS

Producer Cho Seong-hyeon, who directed ‘I am God’, told Hankyung.com, “I hope viewers will focus on ‘Children’s Garden’ as well.”
https://korea.postsen.com/trends/amp/130546

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 13:57
Guest wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 07:24
Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 17:02
Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 14:56
Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 13:57

could you list the film names please
LJY will have sex scenes with Fan BingBing in Green night
She played lesbian in A quiet Dream (small role but she tries to get it on with Han yeri though)
She played a lesbian in An algorithm
She appeared in the Red Velvet music video Wish Tree where she is in love with her straight friend
She was also in the video of a Korean lesbian rapper

JSN played lesbian in An Algorithm,in a film called stab, in a film from 2014/2015 called outing and in After my death
Thank youuuu
I am sorry who is JSN and LJY
DA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeon_So-nee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Joo-y ... born_1992)
Their face looks like. Thnk you anon :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good luck with that, you fucking loser! Tho who knows with what kind of "measures" shaman-influenced idiots like him can come.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Close friends of LJY posted from the JSN VIP premiere. I guess LJY was there too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How sk has become so obsessed with looking good and being called pretty by others!! I know these celebs name won't be revealed but this is just too much. Even non-celebs are doing it. I know it's not something new for them but this shouldn't be a country's priority.
leaked celebrity footage from cosmetic surgery clinic
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/0 ... ing-online

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It says several top actresses and singers are victims.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's idiotic, because SK criticize stars for PS but also demand from them to always look pretty. Just look at their reaction to that Twice treaser where they remove their make up and go for "natural" look.

It makes me so sad that mature idols like boa or snsd ladies still think about this stuff, but I know that they are simply the victims of that system. I may disagree with them, but that kind of thinking is in their DNA.

Like I read some recent interview with boa and she was like "my job leaves me no choice but to have high standards for beauty and I have to always look young" and I was like "no, no no no no, boa dont say this! Fuck the system, boa" :dramaqueen:

But it's easy for me to say. I really do not envy them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:55
It's idiotic, because SK criticize stars for PS but also demand from them to always look pretty. Just look at their reaction to that Twice teaser where they remove their makeup and go for a "natural" look.

It makes me so sad that mature idols like boa or snsd ladies still think about this stuff, but I know that they are simply the victims of that system. I may disagree with them, but that kind of thinking is in their DNA.

Like I read some recent interview with boa and she was like "my job leaves me no choice but to have high standards for beauty and I have to always look young" and I was like "no, no no no no, boa dont say this! Fuck the system, boa" :dramaqueen:

I agree with you anon. The more they age the more they seem to be obsessed with PS to look young. What's wrong with looking your age? why always have to look like a teenager when you are 40? Look at Park B0m. Look at Taeyeon(33) who looks like her label mate winter(22). If you see them together you will take a moment to differentiate them. Why can't they age like fine wine? like Hollywood actresses?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean, no doubt western entertainment has some issues with age too. No doubt. But in SK this feel like extreme version of this. I saw comments from K-netizens re Twice and one was (paraphrasing) "no make up is for young, teenage idols, not for them. This just remind me how old they are".

And I'm like...it's a troll, it has to be. There is no way...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 19:00
I mean, no doubt western entertainment has some issues with age too. No doubt. But in SK this feel like extreme version of this. I saw comments from K-netizens re Twice and one was (paraphrasing) "no make up is for young, teenage idols, not for them. This just remind me how old they are".

They want women to act mature, sexy but look like a teenager?! such disgusting fetish

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's a multi layered problem, but I recently notice how more ruthless international kpop stans have become when it comes to misogyny and ageism. And I find this odd. Thos jokes are almost always pathetic and low. But they always give a lot likes and RTs. So those stans are riding that wave for the clout. It's a vicious circle.

But I sometimes think that fans are not helping. Everytime I see comment "my God, BoA hasn't aged one bit, she doesn't look her age".
Number 1 - she does look her age (even with ps, she still looks her age and THAT'S A GOOD THING).
Number 2 - there is nothing wrong with the fact, that she looks like a thrity something woman. That's hot. Get on with it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

just to add one more thing: i gotta be honest, i felt that this is going in the right direction? We had, well...have many idols in their late twenties active, idols in their thirties. But in the last few months it almost feels like some force is trying to reverse this trend and the kpop world is back to obssesing over veeeeeery young idols, the younger, the better...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 18:50
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 14:55
It's idiotic, because SK criticize stars for PS but also demand from them to always look pretty. Just look at their reaction to that Twice teaser where they remove their makeup and go for a "natural" look.

I agree with you anon. The more they age the more they seem to be obsessed with PS to look young. What's wrong with looking your age? why always have to look like a teenager when you are 40? Look at Park B0m. Look at Taeyeon(33) who looks like her label mate winter(22). If you see them together you will take a moment to differentiate them. Why can't they age like fine wine? like Hollywood actresses?!
Korea is hyper-competitive but also highly conformist. Each way of life is disastrous enough on its own, but the fact that the two ways of life are not ultimately compatible makes it even worse. You must be prettier, wealthier, and more successful than everyone else and flaunt it with luxury items to let everyone know, BUT you are only allowed attractiveness, wealth, and success within narrow guidelines that are acceptable and adhered to by everyone. This is a huge part of the reason why young people especially are accruing massive amounts of debt, why birthrates are low and the suicide rate is high, and why pretty much everyone is miserable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 19:00

There's a chance that post you read was written by a teenager lol
Teenagers are dumb as bricks, they think that anyone in their 20s is old (I know this because lil me used to think the same).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 21:52
Very creepy. A film about a cult using kpop to recruit members would be amazing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 22:30
Guest wrote:
Very creepy. A film about a cult using kpop to recruit members would be amazing.
Koreans are obsessed with cult culture. Politicians, celebs, heirs all high position people are a part of it and they try to lure people to join them. That park bo gum guy used to be a cult member and fans were speculating if he tried to lure his co-actors into cult culture. After facing backlash he changed his agency and his church but don't know if he's keeping contact with them. Some entertainment agencies are also part of a cult and they try to make their trainees join those cult things. I read from the old kent thread that B0a was a part of it she even had pictures taken with that person. Also some SNSD girlies were part of it though I'm happy some of them left that company. Not to mention RV made that song zimzalabim which was a cult themed song. I don't think their obsession will go away any sooner.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 19:18
It's a multi layered problem, but I recently notice how more ruthless international kpop stans have become when it comes to misogyny and ageism. And I find this odd. Thos jokes are almost always pathetic and low. But they always give a lot likes and RTs. So those stans are riding that wave for the clout. It's a vicious circle.

But I sometimes think that fans are not helping. Everytime I see comment "my God, BoA hasn't aged one bit, she doesn't look her age".
Number 1 - she does look her age (even with ps, she still looks her age and THAT'S A GOOD THING).
Number 2 - there is nothing wrong with the fact, that she looks like a thrity something woman. That's hot. Get on with it.
sunmi reply to that kind of comment was iconic god I love her :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Sunmi is the best. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 08:31
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 22:30
Guest wrote:
Koreans are obsessed with cult culture. Politicians, celebs, heirs all high position people are a part of it and they try to lure people to join them. That park bo gum guy used to be a cult member and fans were speculating if he tried to lure his co-actors into cult culture. After facing backlash he changed his agency and his church but don't know if he's keeping contact with them. Some entertainment agencies are also part of a cult and they try to make their trainees join those cult things. I read from the old kent thread that B0a was a part of it she even had pictures taken with that person. Also some SNSD girlies were part of it though I'm happy some of them left that company. Not to mention RV made that song zimzalabim which was a cult themed song. I don't think their obsession will go away any sooner.
Boa is catholic as far as I know. She met the Pope when he was visiting SK.

SM is weird but the label associated with cults these days is JYP. He was liked because he wasn't religious like SM CEO. Then he married his wife and now he claims to have discovered the meaning of life. He says he doesn't go to a certain church, but holds Bible classes. Anyone who avoids "normal" churches while recruiting people for Bible classes looks fishy to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kind of completely forgot that b0a is Catholic.

I only remember this iconic Halloween costume :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You can watch korean drama named Save me to know about cult culture.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 18:15
Cult related news
International fans crying rivers because his carrier is shattered :dramaqueen:

Sometimes I think K-Pop itself is a cult. Boyband fans are a mess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 18:28

Glitch too!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 02:22
Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 18:28

Glitch too!
I watched glitch but couldn't continue it because of the irrelevance with the real thing. I mostly started to watch it because of the pair. You cannot compare it to Save me. Glitch was mostly focused on being comedic about the cult the thing like the alien thing and all. If you want to know how they really lure you in and how its so hard to get rid of it once you enter Save me is the real thing IMO. But no offence to Glitch, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Cult related news

Kpop itself is cult anon I agree with you. We unconsciously listen to their cult themed songs. there are many songs but I have listed some I think are cult related songs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 09:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cult related news

Kpop itself is cult anon I agree with you. We unconsciously listen to their cult themed songs. there are many songs but I have listed some I think are cult related songs
Well if you see it like that then western musicians are devil worshipers.
You can join hard core Muslims and stay away from lyrical music.

I wanted to criticise the behavior of the fans not the whole industry and the singers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 11:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cult related news

I wanted to criticise the behavior of the fans not the whole industry and the singers.
anon above mention that kpop itself is a cult that's why I posted the list. But not every group follows cult theme to make albums. and about the western musicians ik about them but we are not talking about them here. I just wanted to say how much they are active in this cult culture even in this century. Western musicians are more into Illuminati groups. But let's not go there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 14:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cult related news

anon above mention that kpop itself is a cult that's why I posted the list. But not every group follows cult theme to make albums. and about the western musicians ik about them but we are not talking about them here. I just wanted to say how much they are active in this cult culture even in this century. Western musicians are more into Illuminati groups. But let's not go there.
you're a paranoid lunatic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 14:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cult related news

da
anon, that op talking about kpop being like a cult, i think she means that fandom culture is a cult. not the actual themes of the music and concept. the kpop group is like the cult leader and the fans are the cult members who worship the idols and do anything for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who's ready for boA's 20th anniversary concert??? I'm excited for the videos to start popping up on twitter later!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 05:26
Who's ready for boA's 20th anniversary concert??? I'm excited for the videos to start popping up on twitter later!
Me. I even bought my first time ever BLive ticket for tomorrow's concert for...$55.
I'm laghing, but I'm actually crying at those prices.

Anyway, the setlist really is kind of a killer. I'm a huge fan of her 'younger' (the last decade or so) SK discography, so this setlist is like "whoa" for me. Few quirky choices here and there but I legit think she wanted to have songs that would give her a break from all that dancing. She really put all the dancing babies into that setlist, except you...my beautiful The Shadow. Brutally forgotten. But not by me :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

oh, bloody hell, apparently she is feeling weak bc still with cold/after-cold?
maaan I always feel sorry for performers when this happens, there is really nothing you can do about it. With group you can kind of hide behind other member but when your are a solo....seriously, her 20th aniversary in SK is cursed. :mask: And 25th is just around the corner. LOL

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MOTO!??? In that outfit? Is she trying to kill me?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

one last thing about that BoA show:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My timeline is full of BoA concert vids and it looked so awesome. Impeccable live vocals as always + that live band.

Spark!!!! One of my all time faves. Though not a huge fan of that green dress thing.
BoA with an electric guitar is fire

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 12:12
one last thing about that BoA show:
The fancammer probably just managed to avoid capturing the security in the vid. You can see them here:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 05:27
Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 01:28
Guest wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 12:21
Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 10:29
Posting this here
-Ch*n W**hee(1987)
-M**n Chaew*n(1986)
Feel free to add more if you have teas.
No tea, but welcome more discussion on actresses. The problem in k-ent is that most actresses are super private and usually disappear between projects so no one knows anything. Other than LJY whom I think is fairly obvious, there's hardly any material to speculate for the rest.
DA Do you have tea on LJY ? I think JSN is her gf. I thought they were broken up since they haven't been pictured together in over two 2 years but it seems they posted pictures from the same place a few days ago. They looked like an obvious couple in their very old deleted photos.
There was more speculation/receipts on the old thread, esp from her old ig posts. The only thing I rmb is that she posted about Carol many times (I know that's not proof but lbr its mostly wlw who are obsessed with Carol lol), then everything got deleted once she became more popular. I know there's a batch of actresses that started in movies around the same time who are close in general (LJY, JSN, JYB, KDM etc), but never knew about these photos!
yes she posted about Carol many times and said that she went to the theater 7 times to watch it.
Also JSN has LJY tagged in a Carol pic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:22
Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:19
This is from a gay JSN short film called stab. Anyone here knows where to watch it ?
I only found the trailer. It doesn't seem anyone here can help with this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 18:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This is from a gay JSN short film called stab. Anyone here knows where to watch it ?
It's on wavve but you need an account. It's the only place I could find it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 19:25
Guest wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 18:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's on wavve but you need an account. It's the only place I could find it.
Thank you. I will try to watch it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My type of world :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope whoever is watching on beyond live is having a good time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anon, she is KILLING IT, but holy fuck yesterday's report underplayed how sick she is. I pray she won't faint on this stage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 06:12

Years ago before that livestock map, it was government institution's proudly-stated official document that said something like: 'Make overeducated women left with fewer choices (disadvantages at work) & downward marriage (to much inferior loser men)' 'Make this agenda (propaganda) natural and unsuspicious through ___ (I no longer remember; mass media/entertainment/school?)'

Lowest birthrate-concerned country has never been interested in birth itself at all but giving all these undeserving inferior loser men their godgiven rights: 'free female slave - sex, maid, nanny, children schoolwork helper/teacher, cook, housecleaner, womb, birthing livestock, unpaid elder care - distribution'.