Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

I warched today two eps of that show "Dancing queens ..." and I remember now why i don't watch those SK variety/reality shows. It's just so cingry most of the time. Prefer to catch only some vids on YT.

But even so, it's kind of enjoyable, tho they need to stop asking boa to preform No1 all the time. She is clearly done with that song.

First impressions
I will watch ep 3 because they all get drunk (and I don;t think it's fake, because they legit look fucking drunk as hell), so that might be fun. The show is Hyori's baby, and she is doing really good job at trying her best for everyone there to have fun. She seems like a good egg. And is hot as shit! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^-- Where did you watched? I got the first eps on torrnt, but now rarbg closed :'( :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 10:41
^-- Where did you watched? I got the first eps on torrnt, but now rarbg closed :'( :'(
here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:25
Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 10:41
here
Sorry for the super late Thanks! :hug: The three "unnies" are all so hot and BoA will forever remain a mystery :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

normally idc, but because of that show i'm soooooo sad that hyori is straigh and she pretty much dropped her career for that dude .....ughhhhhhhh

anyway, do you guys have anything for me, some fun gay news, shows, anything?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BoA is so adorableeee. She's often the oldest unnie so I love how baby she is in this show and how happy the unnies are to indulge her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^Oh fuck her bare face?? She freaking looks like 16 yo boa here :blinkwide: I mean dont get me wrong, overall she looks her age (and that's great!), but damn...I stopped for a sec when I saw her in that tweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Yess the bare face plus her happy smile made her look extra young! Look at this comparison

Bonus content:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry, what? :lol:
What was the context? Did the show producers told boa and hwasa to be gay for each other and they were like "sure".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dancing Queens..I find it so interesting. I sometimes wonder why many kpop idols have such a low self esteem, but I think they explained this here perfectly. And honestly? When you think about it, it is so easy to believe that they may feel that way.

You want to enjoy, but everyone around you is doing anything in their power to ruin that fun for you. It may seem silly to care about it, or I could simply say "get over it", but I'm not sure how I would react to such treatment. And I think the problem is that this treamtnet is..constant, which is probably why the low self esteem.

Anyway, from the article (not sure if transaltion is good, but I asssume it is):
again, Wansun for the win! My star :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:27
I'm sorry, what? :lol:
What was the context? Did the show producers told boa and hwasa to be gay for each other and they were like "sure".
Haha BoA said she her goal was to shower and dive into bed as soon as they reached their accoms (she was prolly tired af after her solo concerts) and Hwasa said that.
But yes, never thought I'd see the day but HwaBoa is a burgeoning ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 10:36
Dancing Queens..I find it so interesting. I sometimes wonder why many kpop idols have such a low self esteem, but I think they explained this here perfectly. And honestly? When you think about it, it is so easy to believe that they may feel that way.

You want to enjoy, but everyone around you is doing anything in their power to ruin that fun for you. It may seem silly to care about it, or I could simply say "get over it", but I'm not sure how I would react to such treatment. And I think the problem is that this treamtnet is..constant, which is probably why the low self esteem.

Anyway, from the article (not sure if transaltion is good, but I asssume it is):
again, Wansun for the win! My star :lol:
correction: Boa didn't say she criticized herself but that others criticized her for everything and it lead to self esteem problems.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hey guys, have any of you seen Kim Se0-hyung recent projects? I know they are without any lesbian stuff, but quality wise? Were they any good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what the fucking fuck?

Quotting in text this twitter thread:
I was reading and watching some old kim wansun interviews talking about her late aunt who was also her manager. “From my make-up to costumes, everything was arranged by my aunt. She chose my music as well”. “She didn’t pay me for 13 years after debut and used that money to pay off her husbands business debt.” “She always gave me fierce looks when I came back off the stage which might be the cause of the rumor that she is not my real aunt. She always stood next to me and I couldn't talk privately with other singers; I had no friends at all then”

Now I totally understand what junghwa meant when she said she hopes wansun can give a big hug to baby wansun and make peace with her past. Watching her perform her old songs is so much more touching now

The loneliness of idol's life is most certainly true, but I think it is a completely different kind of tragic for solo idols who were never in a group.

anywa, here story is just the worst, but it does have a happy ending - after many years she ran away from her aunt and was able to be free both in her life and in her music.

More here:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've only recently watched Itaewon class and I am so taken by Lee Jooyoung :faint: so I watched her other dramas and girrrrlll pings like crazy especially in that baseball film she did. I thought it might be the voice and hair but even in her recent drama 'Times' where she's much more feminine, she still pinged like crazy. I can't wait to see what else she does :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:25
I've only recently watched Itaewon class and I am so taken by Lee Jooyoung :faint: so I watched her other dramas and girrrrlll pings like crazy especially in that baseball film she did. I thought it might be the voice and hair but even in her recent drama 'Times' where she's much more feminine, she still pinged like crazy. I can't wait to see what else she does :wub:
worth to watch?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:29
Guest wrote:
worth to watch?
I personally really didn't like the main leads as it's another annoyingly het love triangle with typical clichés but the plot is interesting. So skip het scenes and watch for the secondary characters is my suggestion if you want to give this a go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She has a gay film coming out soon. As for her personal life you can read the previous pages of this thread if you want the tea.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 14:46
Guest wrote:
She has a gay film coming out soon. As for her personal life you can read the previous pages of this thread if you want the tea.
Is that the film with Fan bingbing? Or a new gay film?
And yea lol I'm filtering through the fighting, which there is alot of, it sucks that the search function is non existent in this new forum :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 15:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And yea lol I'm filtering through the fighting, which there is alot of, it sucks that the search function is non existent in this new forum :ragee:
The film with Fan BingBing. I am pretty sure Lee Joo young has/had a gf. You can see their old pics if you read the last few pages of this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 15:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The film with Fan BingBing. I am pretty sure Lee Joo young has/had a gf. You can see their old pics if you read the last few pages of this thread.
I wonder if LJY and JSM are still together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lee Joo Young has nothing coming up besides Green Night and a small guest in a drama. I hope she gets some big drama role again. It's been over 2 years since she was in a Kdrama and her role in the Broker film last year wasn't big.
Jeon Yeo been seems to be getting a lot of big roles in mainstream movies and dramas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 19:11
Lee Joo Young has nothing coming up besides Green Night and a small guest in a drama. I hope she gets some big drama role again. It's been over 2 years since she was in a Kdrama and her role in the Broker film last year wasn't big.
Jeon Yeo been seems to be getting a lot of big roles in mainstream movies and dramas.
How can we watch green light? I have Fan Bingbing is attractive😊

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 03:15
Guest wrote:
How can we watch green light? I have Fan Bingbing is attractive😊
Only film festivals right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 10:30
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 15:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I wonder if LJY and JSM are still together.
They had pics/stories from the same place in February so maybe they are still together. Who knows ? The best friend of LJY likes and comments on JSN instagram all the time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I first knew her when she guested on Running Man and she pinged like crazy :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 01:56
Guest wrote:
I first knew her when she guested on Running Man and she pinged like crazy :lol:
Tried so hard to pay attention to the rules and subtitles but I was just too busy staring at her, she's crazy good looking :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

enjoyed watching dancing queens on the road but as someone who became interested in kpop when 2nd gen started wish they added a 2nd gen soloist to complete the collection

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kim Tae-ri said she hadn't loved anyone. Interesting...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 18:30
enjoyed watching dancing queens on the road but as someone who became interested in kpop when 2nd gen started wish they added a 2nd gen soloist to complete the collection
Hyori said "this team is just singers Uhm Junghwa keeps in contact with" and she probably doesnt know that many 2nd gen soloists on a personal level probably. Hwasa is probably the only third gen soloist she knows too. I think they did mention something about wanting to invite other female soloists like Hyuna, Sunmi, Chungha etc which I would LOVE. That random guy that appeared in Ep 1 and 4 has just been a waste of screentime imo. Show us more of the girls chatting or invite other female soloists!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 14:31
Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 18:30
Hyori said "this team is just singers Uhm Junghwa keeps in contact with" and she probably doesnt know that many 2nd gen soloists on a personal level probably. Hwasa is probably the only third gen soloist she knows too. I think they did mention something about wanting to invite other female soloists like Hyuna, Sunmi, Chungha etc which I would LOVE. That random guy that appeared in Ep 1 and 4 has just been a waste of screentime imo. Show us more of the girls chatting or invite other female soloists!
after this spicy Uhm Junghwa and Sunmi stage it's unfortunate that we weren't able get a reunion in this show

Sunmi had a collab with Kim Wansun too and they met at JYP's show called "JYP Party People" where they also performed each other's songs

anyway yeah in general I hope we get more female guests. I saw that next week's guest are Winner and got annoyed....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ holy shit those gifs, thank you anon :hudoin:
I need Sunmi on that show like...right now!

I think Hyori really had plans for some ladies to appear on that show. Hopfully schedule will allow for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hwasa kissing/smelling BoA's hair lol. DQOTR is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel like cute/baby persona that b0a is trying to sell for the public is soooo far from what she actually is that...idk...it only makes her more stressed on those shows and in front of camera. Guuurl, loosen up a bit. Hwasa will help you, because it's pretty clear that H. cannot be stoped in making moves on her.

and now that LHR noticed, I suspect she will put even more cute scenes with these two on the show or on social media. she is not dumb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2023, 18:09
I feel like cute/baby persona that b0a is trying to sell for the public is soooo far from what she actually is that...idk...it only makes her more stressed on those shows and in front of camera. Guuurl, loosen up a bit. Hwasa will help you, because it's pretty clear that H. cannot be stoped in making moves on her.

and now that LHR noticed, I suspect she will put even more cute scenes with these two on the show or on social media. she is not dumb.
Haha I saw someone commenting that BoA seems like she's stuck at 15 years old based on her mannerisms and speech. I think she just has many sides. This week we got to see her more sassy/funny self when interacting with Winner and trying to imitate Hwasa lol.

But yes, hope Hyori's ig continues feeding us great content lol. Also love how Hyori has a huge soft spot for BoA. Like the way she immediately reacted when she saw the baby BoA LP. They were always pitted against each other in the past and no one knew they were close and clubbing together and having sleepovers!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^seeing on my timeline pics from yesterday's concert and damn, Hyori is really living her best life as the "leader" of this group. To say she has outgoing personality is to say nothing at all. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

maaaan, twitter is a mess, but just catched tweets from k-fans saying that SM apparently is not allowing boa to release "Invitation" (orginally recorded by uhm jung-hwa) as a single? So stupid.
I haven't seen the last few episodes but it's the one part I was actually looking forward to and thought it's the plan all along - to release those covers on some "Dancing Queen on the Road" mini-album.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

thought some kim seohyung enjoyers would enjoy this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ thanks anon, was planning to post her recent ig photo. She is in a great shape :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Sooo sexy and dreamy :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Uhm Jung Hwa is such a sweetheart & gotta say - really pretty. Her warmth is so sexy.
Man, gonna miss DQoTR when it ends.

btw, I was thinking today that that Queens show was really made for a thread like this one. not a lot of gay, but so many lovely mature ladies :lol:
What was the other show that you guys liked and mentioned here couple of times that you would like to see again - 'secret unnie' or sth like that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There will be apparently a song for Dancing Queens called "Rainbow"

Oh god, the only thing I didn't want from the show, was a group song, bc I'm scared it's going to be weak and they deserve something awesome. This one sound too cute for my liking, but I can forgive them this one time.
Won't be debbie downer, seem like it's pure fun, so I won't complain lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope someone captured this...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ if tvn won't put this on the show, then Fancams from the concert are gonna be pricless, :lol:

btw, heard the show producers fucked up that concert by inviting male idols (no one knew they were coming) and give them more stages than the actual women? Later turned out it was because those male idols gonna be on the second season called....Dancing K*ngs on the road :mask:
Fucking typical.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 15:49
Hwasa's doing all of this while dating a m!n irl. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 17:33
Guest wrote:
(not a negative post) But this is normal or natural in Korea, just like handholding. Not "majority or many" straight women (while dating m*n) of course (just like handholding). But it's natural to see some straight women do this, who feel particular close "friendship" to some others. Not claiming any of them is absolute straight instead of bi (I have no emotional investment).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 04:06
Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 17:33
Guest wrote:
(not a negative post) But this is normal or natural in Korea, just like handholding. Not "majority or many" straight women (while dating m*n) of course (just like handholding). But it's natural to see some straight women do this, who feel particular close "friendship" to some others. Not claiming any of them is absolute straight instead of bi (I have no emotional investment).
Da/ yeah, I was just gonna say. They are just cuddling. It's cute tho. Women on this show are very touchy feely and care about each other, hyori to junghwa, junghwa to boa and wansun etc. It's incredibly sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another angle.... I dunno. Boa putting her knee on top of Hwasa while stroking her face is a bit much. Even by skinship cuddling standards... Whatever that is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean sure, both takes are valid.

Btw someone made a good point on twitter, I think only 5 ep left. And fans know that the show has so many stuff to cover.Apparently, minus the men & long breaks between performances, the concert was great, Hwasa had an orchestra, boa had a live band. Music vise, folks were saying the ladies were killing it. I want to see it in full 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of...