Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

do you ladies remember the drama with Michele Y. Oscar speech, where SK broadcaster removed the word "woman" from her speech?

They now change them main text on Barbie poster, from “Barbie is everything, he’s just Ken” lto just "Barbie", "Ken"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

do you think chobom are back together?? in this comeback they seem less awkward

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 15:27
do you ladies remember the drama with Michele Y. Oscar speech, where SK broadcaster removed the word "woman" from her speech?

They now change them main text on Barbie poster, from “Barbie is everything, he’s just Ken” lto just "Barbie", "Ken"
They re-uploaded again but still separate away barbie and Ken pics wtf. So pathetic :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 15:27

There incels are another level and yet a Korean or a Koreaboo tried to protect SK in the other thread. Incels are everywhere but SK is the only country I know that tries to please them openly. They are also harassing women in Japan and Thailand. They will soon become an international problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 15:13
man, I need to finish Little Women. I'm stuck on ep3.
K-Dramas episodes are sooooooooo long. :unsure:
Don’t give up, anon! Little Women is soooo worthy :wub: But you’re right, most kdramas are very long. I was watching Mr Queen and I’m stuck on episode 5 for ever because each episode lasts around 70/80 minutes :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

love her everyday style, i mean, it's awful, but i love it :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what is wrong with m*n?? can't they shut the hell up forever and just...d1e? i wish korean women could just talk back like western artists. just a simple "i'm here to talk about my drama/music/movie not my appearance", but they wouldn't even be able to get away with that. (read the second half of the tweet)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ What an idiot. :mask:
Fucking hell...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The amount of women he offended in that interview - the actress, his co-workers
T*at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not really Korean related but just a very sweet short video between two girls. Really like the natural flow of the story. ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I cannot belive I had no idea this song had a video :tinfoil: I blame me, obviously, because I rarely check kpop vids.
Love this song so much, and that album is legit spectacular imo.

Very nice vid.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i know that gays on twitter are having fun with that b0a/hy0ri pic. It's cute, and while all of this is joking, it seems like some are not aware that hy0ri is married? I don't want to burst their bubble :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is there anything new or recent on taeyeon?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 21:47
nothing really except a new interview/magazine spread just dropped recently. a song (or album?) was supposed to come out today. she teased the date 4/21 a few times but obviously nothing. SM is shit as usual. oh and on the main thread, some troll was trying to say she isn't fam which was funny and annoying at the same time.

not sure if you meant like career-wise or women/dating, but as for dating, no tea as far as i know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 06:48
Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 21:47
nothing really except a new interview/magazine spread just dropped recently. a song (or album?) was supposed to come out today. she teased the date 4/21 a few times but obviously nothing. SM is shit as usual. oh and on the main thread, some troll was trying to say she isn't fam which was funny and annoying at the same time.

not sure if you meant like career-wise or women/dating, but as for dating, no tea as far as i know.
Da/ sth defo didn't go according to plan when it comes her new mini.
She seemed frustrated in some of her messages few weeks ago.
SM is probably still very chaotic and it will be for few more months if not more..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 15:15
I cannot belive I had no idea this song had a video :tinfoil: I blame me, obviously, because I rarely check kpop vids.
Love this song so much, and that album is legit spectacular imo.

Very nice vid.

i love this song too anon :dance2: discovered it through refund sisters

i like ending credit and oh yeah from this album :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Uhm Jung Hw@ is wroking on a new album, but she doesn't know when it will come out.

This new interview that W Korea did with her and B0A is really good. source-tweet

ENG translation:
Loving Madonna and Janet name drop in that interview. Especially Janet - the irony is not lost on me :lol: (context: dumb kpop stan went viral recently for draggin Janet dancing skills during her recent tour)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

KSH was in Cannes and honestly? She did not disappoint.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Since this thread is more receptive to Korean actresses. Would like to know your opinions on Han so hee. Straight bi or les?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 01:32
Since this thread is more receptive to Korean actresses. Would like to know your opinions on Han so hee. Straight bi or les?
Haven’t watched enough interviews etc to be able to get a read, but I DO know that she has Korean lesbians in a stranglehold 😂 Maybe she’s a KStew type

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Typical bi who will end with a m*le.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn’t want anyone to miss these pics Nana blessed us with. I hope she’s on vacation with a lady friend 🤞

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh no, is this the end for APink? All the girls, except for Eunji, have decided not to renew their contract with IST.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 02:35
Oh no, is this the end for APink? All the girls, except for Eunji, have decided not to renew their contract with IST.
😩 Probably? But Brave Girls have given me hope for all other groups that the end of a contract doesn’t necessarily mean the end…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 02:58
Guest wrote:
😩 Probably? But Brave Girls have given me hope for all other groups that the end of a contract doesn’t necessarily mean the end…
I think they'll continue, however I'm not sure they'll continue having one comeback per year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 08:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think they'll continue, however I'm not sure they'll continue having one comeback per year
da
I agree. I think SNSD set another precedent with coming back even after 3 went to different companies, then having a successful comeback and being women in their 30s. Kara said they inspired them to have their comeback. For Apink, I think it'll be similar in that they will have to establish their solo careers before thinking about doing a comeback. Maybe they'll do a 15th anniversary in 3 years, but it'll be slightly easier for them to schedule stuff since they have less members. I really want GFriend to have a reunion :dramaqueen: I know that will be awhile but I'm happy to see Viviz and Yuju doing well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 09:52
Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 08:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
I agree. I think SNSD set another precedent with coming back even after 3 went to different companies, then having a successful comeback and being women in their 30s. Kara said they inspired them to have their comeback. For Apink, I think it'll be similar in that they will have to establish their solo careers before thinking about doing a comeback. Maybe they'll do a 15th anniversary in 3 years, but it'll be slightly easier for them to schedule stuff since they have less members. I really want GFriend to have a reunion :dramaqueen: I know that will be awhile but I'm happy to see Viviz and Yuju doing well.
I am not sure if this is true, but if that is the case they'll have more power to make their own decisions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I have been interested in her for ages, for such a popular actress it still seems strange to me that she has not raised more interest in this forum and on twitter, to me she seems to be a clearly bi girl, I love when she posts on insta because I think it lets us see a little of her true personality, I still remember the day she published the song All the things she said by Tatu and nobody moved here lol, but then they spend their time shipping actresses and singers who are clearly straight or even married, it's something I'll never understand about this forum. Btw, I would have liked her to have been famous without having to remove her tattoos, but I think that if she had not been famous, she would be the typical bi or lesb gull of tattoos and openly in a relationship with a girl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 12:24
Guest wrote:
I have been interested in her for ages, for such a popular actress it still seems strange to me that she has not raised more interest in this forum and on twitter, to me she seems to be a clearly bi girl, I love when she posts on insta because I think it lets us see a little of her true personality, I still remember the day she published the song All the things she said by Tatu and nobody moved her lol, but then they spend their time shipping actresses and singers who are clearly straight or even married, it's something I'll never understand about this forum. Btw, I would have liked her to have been famous without having to remove her tattoos, but I think that if she had not been famous, she would be the typical bi or lesb gull of tattoos and openly in a relationship with a girl.
I posted something about that when she did it and nobody really seemed to care. I was like there's literally no straight explanation for this lol, but no one really wanted to discuss her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 21:27
Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 12:24
Guest wrote:
I have been interested in her for ages, for such a popular actress it still seems strange to me that she has not raised more interest in this forum and on twitter, to me she seems to be a clearly bi girl, I love when she posts on insta because I think it lets us see a little of her true personality, I still remember the day she published the song All the things she said by Tatu and nobody moved her lol, but then they spend their time shipping actresses and singers who are clearly straight or even married, it's something I'll never understand about this forum. Btw, I would have liked her to have been famous without having to remove her tattoos, but I think that if she had not been famous, she would be the typical bi or lesb gull of tattoos and openly in a relationship with a girl.
I posted something about that when she did it and nobody really seemed to care. I was like there's literally no straight explanation for this lol, but no one really wanted to discuss her.
maybe because she doesn't have rumors and almost never leaves South Korea. I hope that after Heavy Snow her international fan base will increase.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

idk if that lee hyori show with other queens is going to be good for lesbians (i mean, visually of course it will be LOL), but for sure it's going to be good for gay m*n.

Hyori spoiled that she chose Hwasa song, B0A chose Junghwa song (that Junghwa's song - "Invitation" - is a fucking stone cold classic, damn!)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

people are trying to guess what cover hwasa will do.
From the spoiler pic she posted it might be Wansun Feeling or Boa's Forgive Me.

oh dear, she could do mazing things with both songs :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean, sure, it's not healthy for you to have very hight temp in your house all the time, but there is something about this story that doesn't sit right with me. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 May 2023, 18:30
I mean, sure, it's not healthy for you to have very hight temp in your house all the time, but there is something about this story that doesn't sit right with me. :mask:

Is this supposed to be funny? A K-culture thing that I can’t understand as a foreigner? What the F is this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Can't help but overthink whenever I read stuff like this. If he already is this controlling when it comes to temp control, then what other aspects of her life does he control like this as well? Gross.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 May 2023, 05:41
Guest wrote:

Is this supposed to be funny? A K-culture thing that I can’t understand as a foreigner? What the F is this?
Da there's no culture in making your SO freeze to death, he's just a controlling creep and she's a handmaiden for putting up with that shit especially if they have kids risking their lives putting them through all that cold to please this abusive jerk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 May 2023, 20:29
Guest wrote:

Can't help but overthink whenever I read stuff like this. If he already is this controlling when it comes to temp control, then what other aspects of her life does he control like this as well? Gross.
honestly he seems like a wierdo. Shame, she is such a beautiful woman.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think I posted in this thread or elsewhere that I've found Cho Yeo-jeong, the mom in Parasite, to be sus. And she still is lol. She did some traveling with a woman and the pairing caught my eye:
She uses the term "sisters" in that, but with a laugh, and when it comes to k-celebs that term certainly isn't always meant to be taken literally. It really could be her sister, I don't know...some websites (but not wiki) say she has siblings, but they're unidentified (even gender) and if they do exist, she doesn't seem to post them. Who knows!

But this series of photos plus the caption makes me think it's a...companion? Not a sister?
Of course, someone is taking the pictures of them. The trip could be anything and any group of people, though only the two of them are ever in photos.

Intimate bday that seems to be with one person? Caption 'even if we just stay with each other, that's a gift.' Could be a general sentiment. Or not!
And if you subscribe to the lesbian finger length ratio theory (I do lol), she's got the most pronounced I've seen since M**nby*ul. :lol:
42, no husband or boyfriend, no relationship history. Doesn't always equal proof, but she's still on my sus list!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now that's an amazing content, anon!!!! Loving this detective work! Thank you and yes, let's put her on our list :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I followed Cho Yeo-jeong a while ago and also noticed those posts you mentioned but when I saw it was an older woman I assumed she was her mom, lol. But If Yeo-jeong is calling her 'sister', that's not her mom :hmmm:

I hope she likes women, she's beautiful!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I honestly don't know what to think about the fact that names dropped in that interview are pre 1st gen and 1st gen stars.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 10:08
I honestly don't know what to think about the fact that names dropped in that interview are pre 1st gen and 1st gen stars.
I don't understand, did Holland give the interview quoted? I'm also not sure I buy that Twitter poster's claim that only those three have "consistently" shown support for the community (what's "consistently" mean?) but I was mostly amused it name-dropped 3/5 of the cast of the Dancing Queens on the Road show. And if the sorts of things quoted in the article are the level of support held as standard...not to be that "what about Mamamoo" person, but you could absolutely add Hwasa to that list and make it 4/5 cast members of the show! And I just don't know anything about Kim Wan-Sun to know if she should make it a clean sweep but I would be overjoyed if so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 15:52
Guest wrote:
I don't understand, did Holland give the interview quoted? I'm also not sure I buy that Twitter poster's claim that only those three have "consistently" shown support for the community (what's "consistently" mean?) but I was mostly amused it name-dropped 3/5 of the cast of the Dancing Queens on the Road show. And if the sorts of things quoted in the article are the level of support held as standard...not to be that "what about Mamamoo" person, but you could absolutely add Hwasa to that list and make it 4/5 cast members of the show! And I just don't know anything about Kim Wan-Sun to know if she should make it a clean sweep but I would be overjoyed if so.
Da found the interview, it's from 2018 and it's not holland but another gay SK artist Mar$ll.
Yeah that twitter Op was doing bit much, but obviously credit where credit is due, all those ladies do not look like complete jerks when it comes to gay community.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't know a lot about wansun but she wants for boa to wear less clothes so :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
they're like the Korean equivalent of the "mothers" western gays claim like Mariah Britney gaga Katy Perry etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just can't with hyori...Christ!
I will end up watching that show for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

omg, this is going to be difficult to watch. That clip already makes me....ah, that poor soul.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think she simply forgot herself a bit...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 09:03
omg, this is going to be difficult to watch. That clip already makes me....ah, that poor soul.

💔