Yooh_only
Reactions:

Re: Dreamcatcher

Post by Yooh_only »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 16:11
Does this mean this is canon now? :heart:

This is the result of allowing shippers to create content :tinfoil: :rofl:
Since Thailand, Jiyoo said Phuket🤣 this video makes me tear up also Jiyoo has a place in my heart. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay agenda wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 03:14
Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 02:37
I hate them so much :lol: :wub:
SuA really likes doing……all that to siyeon doesn’t she :lol:
Of course, she does SuA's a top, so Siyeon lets her do whatever the hell she wants :lol: just kidding Despite the shenanigans, I love how SuA is gentle and protective of Siyeon by putting her hand under Siyeon's head :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn Jiu was determined :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please put your Twitter or YouTube links in a spoiler tag now I'm having trouble with the page loading

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 01:02
Please put your Twitter or YouTube links in a spoiler tag now I'm having trouble with the page loading
Genuine question does it usually happens when you’re on mobile or laptop? I never had such issues with lagging.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yoohyeon and JiU: Working in the same space
Any people with some creative power including JiU: What is this gl undertones impulse I have? 😍 /jk

But tbh even till this day I always find curious how jiyoo is the unofficial ship for anything they put out. Or better said, why there's always that sapphic undertone when those two are together nor why they always end up being kind of the protagonists on their storylines except for dystopia series

Not complaining tho, I like it, please keep delivering the "historians said they were bestfriends" vibes, the jiyoo photoshoot and suayeon's last clips have me crying in single but giggling in lesbian once again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 01:56
Guest wrote:
Genuine question does it usually happens when you’re on mobile or laptop? I never had such issues with lagging.
I'm on mobile but I'm not the only one having issues I've seen people on the korean entertainment thread say the the same thing especially when multiple people quote the same twitter/youtube link

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 18:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm on mobile but I'm not the only one having issues I've seen people on the korean entertainment thread say the the same thing especially when multiple people quote the same twitter/youtube link
Not OP but I have issues as well, and I'm on a laptop. I sigh in relief every time we get to a new page because I don't have to wait forever for loading and because scrolling won't cause my fan to start running.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

every time i watch the My House cover i rewind the dance break like 10 times it’s so good. they are such great performers, the complete package

Villanelle171
Reactions: 41

Post by Villanelle171 »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 04:47
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 18:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not OP but I have issues as well, and I'm on a laptop. I sigh in relief every time we get to a new page because I don't have to wait forever for loading and because scrolling won't cause my fan to start running.
Tell me about it I'm also on mobile and all the links that get repeatedly "quoted" cause chrome to freeze on my phone alot 😑
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know where is this from? :hmmm:

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 18:26
lol That's an edit from this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yooh_only wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 18:26
lol That's an edit from this.
It's funny re-watching these videos after being a fan for a few years because now I've gotten to know their personalities better. Jiu really is like the technophobe mom of the group because she couldn't figure out how to do her assignment on the computer so she just made a collage with markers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For the last time put links under a spoiler tag please 🙏

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2023, 20:43
It's funny re-watching these videos after being a fan for a few years because now I've gotten to know their personalities better. Jiu really is like the technophobe mom of the group because she couldn't figure out how to do her assignment on the computer so she just made a collage with markers.
it’s good that the members are busy with touring and preparing for cb right now but i hope for DC Mind S2 someday, something with more concepts like this where they take on new challenges and weird r roles. maybe i just want to see JiU struggling to present a PowerPoint about Cherry. or Gahyeon as Boss Baby manager for the day lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 15:47
put links under a spoiler tag please 🙏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wow, I had no idea dcc was so small. I mean, I knew it was a small company, but only 20 employees? I wonder if that includes the girls, are idols considered as employees?

Ryofu_45
Reactions:

Post by Ryofu_45 »

Did you preorder by chance the fan kit?

Ryofu_45
Reactions:

Post by Ryofu_45 »

Oops meant to make reply to Villanelle171 😅

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Ryofu_45 wrote:
16 Apr 2023, 21:41
:hug:

lol, sure did. Why do you want me to send you a postcard with a DC logo seal when I get it? Girl, I'll even send you a Gahyeon and Handong PC.
🚛😵👻👍

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

Dami is so beautiful and dreamy wow :wub:

I can't believe they're coming back to America again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:blinkwide:

Ryofu_45
Reactions:

Post by Ryofu_45 »

Villanelle171 wrote:
16 Apr 2023, 22:29
Ryofu_45 wrote:

lol, sure did. Why do you want me to send you a postcard with a DC logo seal when I get it? Girl, I'll even send you a Gahyeon and Handong PC.
lol I ordered the fan kit as well 😁 Also quick question because we both know a new album is inbound but where do you purchase your albums from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yooh_only wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 15:32
Dami is so beautiful and dreamy wow :wub:

I can't believe they're coming back to America again.
Oof Dami’s 🔥 I wish I could see them in Vegas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With the sad news today, all I want is for ot7 happy and healthy always.🙏🏼

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Ryofu_45 wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 22:48
Villanelle171 wrote:
16 Apr 2023, 22:29
Ryofu_45 wrote:

lol I ordered the fan kit as well 😁 Also quick question because we both know a new album is inbound but where do you purchase your albums from?
I go through a private group order; it has its perks.
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kinda random, but a friend and I were talking about how almost all 3th and 4th gen idols from the big 3 (big 4?) come from a upper class background. E.g. I heard at least 3/5 of RV and 4/4 of BP come from rich families. Which makes sense, I mean, if you come from a rich family then you'd feel more free to pursue a career in entertainment bc you know that even if things don't work out, you'll still have a fallback and won't be left in the street.

Which got me me thinking, do you guys know what's the family situation with deukae? do they also come from an upper class background? I would imagine that most idols from small companies come rich and upper middle class familes, cause really, the leap of faith a person has to make in order to become a trainee in a small company is huge. At least the trainees from big 4 know that once/if they debut, they're guarantee a certain level of sucess, but for kpop groups from smaller companies the odds are rarely in their favor. Besides, idols from small and mid size companies don't make money for the first few years after their debut given that they still have to pay their debt to their company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 22:28
:blinkwide:

Ooooh we going back go Deja Vu Siyeon?

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 22:17
Kinda random, but a friend and I were talking about how almost all 3th and 4th gen idols from the big 3 (big 4?) come from a upper class background. E.g. I heard at least 3/5 of RV and 4/4 of BP come from rich families. Which makes sense, I mean, if you come from a rich family then you'd feel more free to pursue a career in entertainment bc you know that even if things don't work out, you'll still have a fallback and won't be left in the street.

Which got me me thinking, do you guys know what's the family situation with deukae? do they also come from an upper class background? I would imagine that most idols from small companies come rich and upper middle class familes, cause really, the leap of faith a person has to make in order to become a trainee in a small company is huge. At least the trainees from big 4 know that once/if they debut, they're guarantee a certain level of sucess, but for kpop groups from smaller companies the odds are rarely in their favor. Besides, idols from small and mid size companies don't make money for the first few years after their debut given that they still have to pay their debt to their company.
That's an excellent question, so don't worry about asking it. honestly, I always figured the majority of them were from regular middle-class families. I don't know about Handong, though I was always under the assumption her family was pretty well off. The girl was already wearing Gucci clothing or had Gucci purses way before the other girls ever did, and before anyone says Gucci bags or clothing isn't that expensive, it is when you're an idol that's likely on a fixed income because you're paying back a loan you took out to be said idol.
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even though, it was sweet seeing Suayeon holding hands Siyeon looked out of it upon arrival at IA, probably due the extensive schedules and jet lag. But still I’m worried for the girls god they need a longer break! DCC better take good care of our 7dreamers before their cb or else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I think all deukae are middle class. The clearer sign is how none of them knew too much about investing and that until Gahyeon started studying by herself, afaik most richer families will teach some things about economy in a way or another. Also, they all keep sharing dorm after 11-6 years, I think most idols who come from rich families go live out of dorm once they get a established fandom, tho with how lovey dovey are the members with each other maybe they just go with it because they want and it's easier for schedules and that

I have to disagree tho, idols from smaller/middle companies tend to be from middle/low class. Smaller companies debut idols faster since they can't spend too much in training, so they can start paying their debt faster, unlike bigger companies who might take years to debut them. Since parents usually have to support them until they debut, the logical thing is that being a trainee for 5-10 years is something more accesible for richer families, but it depends on the company ig. Also, I don't think most rich families will accept that their children will go to a dubious small or newer company unless they have some contact on it, they will probably prefer if they go to a bigger one where they are guaranteed to be well paid and more chances to be successfull

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 21:10
Even though, it was sweet seeing Suayeon holding hands Siyeon looked out of it upon arrival at IA, probably due the extensive schedules and jet lag. But still I’m worried for the girls god they need a longer break! DCC better take good care of our 7dreamers before their cb or else.
Thank you. You're like the only other person who noticed she seemed a little out of it, poor girl.
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Villanelle171 wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 01:05
Guest wrote:
That's an excellent question, so don't worry about asking it. honestly, I always figured the majority of them were from regular middle-class families. I don't know about Handong, though I was always under the assumption her family was pretty well off. The girl was already wearing Gucci clothing or had Gucci purses way before the other girls ever did, and before anyone says Gucci bags or clothing isn't that expensive, it is when you're an idol that's likely on a fixed income because you're paying back a loan you took out to be said idol.
Yeah, tbh I was unsure if I should ask this here because I didn't know if this was a touchy subject among the fandom and I didn't wanna come off like I was invading the girls' privacy. There's also something I've been itching to ask about deukae and fanservice (not in a negative way, I swear), but again, the fear of coming off as a shit-stirrer or inadvertly starting a troll fest has kept me from bringing it up. And I agree, Handong is the one I always assumed was quite well off given that most chinese trainees come from wealthy families and she's always had a taste for expensive brands. Even her manners, I don't know what it is but she just exudes this wealthy aura.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SA I wanted to quote the two comments in a same reply but I kept getting an 'invalid form' error =_=
Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 22:45

I think all deukae are middle class. The clearer sign is how none of them knew too much about investing and that until Gahyeon started studying by herself, afaik most richer families will teach some things about economy in a way or another. Also, they all keep sharing dorm after 11-6 years, I think most idols who come from rich families go live out of dorm once they get a established fandom, tho with how lovey dovey are the members with each other maybe they just go with it because they want and it's easier for schedules and that

I have to disagree tho, idols from smaller/middle companies tend to be from middle/low class. Smaller companies debut idols faster since they can't spend too much in training, so they can start paying their debt faster, unlike bigger companies who might take years to debut them. Since parents usually have to support them until they debut, the logical thing is that being a trainee for 5-10 years is something more accesible for richer families, but it depends on the company ig. Also, I don't think most rich families will accept that their children will go to a dubious small or newer company unless they have some contact on it, they will probably prefer if they go to a bigger one where they are guaranteed to be well paid and more chances to be successfull
You make an excellent point I hadn't considered. Yeah, i guess it makes sense that if you're rich and your kid wants to pursue a career in kpop, you'd make sure they'd go to a well-stablished company and not to a nugu and most likely shady (even shadier than the norm) company. This also might explain in part why so many idols from the big 3 come from wealthy families. talent aside, it's easier to get into a top company if your family has the connections and knows the right people, and kpop agencies also have a good incentive to choose trainees that come from wealthy families, cause a well-off trainee is less likely to quit in the long run than a trainee from a lower income home that is struggling to make ends meet. I guess it's not so different to the way higher education works in the real world in most countries, the students that get into the most prestigious universities are almost always from an upper class background and they're also the ones that usually get the best paying jobs once they graduate.

This also puts in perspective that comment from the CEO of HFE, about how if Dreamcatcher didn't succeed and they had to disband the group, he'd open a cucumber farm for them. While I always took his comment as a funny way to express he was all in and that he was absolutely convinced they'd suceed, I think it also expressed a very real concern for the members' future.

Man, this all makes me feel even more fond of deukae, ngl, and it also makes me admire them even more. As someone from a middle class home, I don't know if I'd have the guts to put on pause my formal education and pursue an idol career in a nugu company, much less in such a ruthless country like SK. The fact that they've persevered through all the hardships that come from being in a small agency and they're still going strong as ot7 is a huge achievement. I'm so happy that they're doing well now and are finally in their richcatcher era :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I agree with you on your previous comment tho. I had seen how more and more idols come from upper class families, and I remember pretty famous artists coming from lower economic backgrounds in the past compared to now. But I also think it might be an illusion, as in tons of kpop ggs from smaller companies have disbanded during corona, and the ones staying active and relevant in the korean gp are either from big 3, newly debuted or those who come from produce shows. Just as an example, the only ggs from 2017 active and relatively established and safe today are deukae and wek!mek!, with DC being the only one active doing tours, going to events and that; the other one could be k4rd if you count mixed groups, every other gg is either disbanded, barely active or had lost members and their numbers aren't looking well

But coming back to deukae, I mean, the girls finally bought a sofa like 2-3 years ago? I think? So I really don't think any of them are rich rich. I doubt any of them are poor too, just middle class
But yes, I'm proud of seeing the girls coming so far. I don't think the money topic is a touchy subject in the fandom, the girls had been pretty open saying they wanted their own money instead of pocket money from parents, that they take care about managing their money, and celebrated when they started being more relaxed with it, and the fandom understands that being a small/mid size company means not having that big of a budget, we all get happy when we see them being better economically, we even celebrated when they started getting sponsored. Of course, they don't share everything, and I'm pretty sure we might learn some more things sometime in the future, but so far it's not a taboo thing afaik

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 09:39
Villanelle171 wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 01:05
Guest wrote:
Yeah, tbh I was unsure if I should ask this here because I didn't know if this was a touchy subject among the fandom and I didn't wanna come off like I was invading the girls' privacy. There's also something I've been itching to ask about deukae and fanservice (not in a negative way, I swear), but again, the fear of coming off as a shit-stirrer or inadvertly starting a troll fest has kept me from bringing it up. And I agree, Handong is the one I always assumed was quite well off given that most chinese trainees come from wealthy families and she's always had a taste for expensive brands. Even her manners, I don't know what it is but she just exudes this wealthy aura.
Me personally, I'm OK with whatever you want to ask when it comes to fanservice. I'm sure the other anons are as well, so go ahead and feel free to ask. I'd like to think on this forum, our thread is probably the more relaxed one. If this were the K-ent thread, that's another story. That place is all kinds of scary lol 😆
🚛😵👻👍

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Completely off topic, but you know what I wish would happen? That we get another Dreamcatcher Mind season on YouTube. The "Among Us" game they played is my go-to video when I'm feeling low and always makes me smile. wish that if they did film another dc mind season they'd pull a tw1ce and film in a amusement park or something that be cool 
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Villanelle171 wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 20:44
Completely off topic, but you know what I wish would happen? That we get another Dreamcatcher Mind season on YouTube. The "Among Us" game they played is my go-to video when I'm feeling low and always makes me smile. wish that if they did film another dc mind season they'd pull a tw1ce and film in a amusement park or something that be cool 
:$ another Dreamcatcher show would be amazing the girls are so funny

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 21:45
Villanelle171 wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 20:44
:$ another Dreamcatcher show would be amazing the girls are so funny
DA agree, i love their their chemistry and humor! it seems they are getting more opportunities to be on shows and i hope that continues, but nothing tops DC mind for me. i rewatched the debate episode few days ago and was shitting myself laughing
:angel:
Villanelle171 wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 17:38
Me personally, I'm OK with whatever you want to ask when it comes to fanservice. I'm sure the other anons are as well, so go ahead and feel free to ask. I'd like to think on this forum, our thread is probably the more relaxed one. If this were the K-ent thread, that's another story. That place is all kinds of scary lol 😆
x2 its nice to have discussion topics while we wait for comeback. tbh this is a chill place because DC are not a popular group in general or on TLC lol, so discussion is in good faith and you should be feee to ask

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you guys know this lesbian couple? They're friends with SuA and in this new vlog they said they went shopping with Sua and she gifted them the hoodies theyre wearing :wub:

Pepper7
Reactions:

Post by Pepper7 »

Guest wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 00:32
Do you guys know this lesbian couple? They're friends with SuA and in this new vlog they said they went shopping with Sua and she gifted them the hoodies theyre wearing
They are not just friends with Sua. They are also friends with Dami, and actually one of them, Chahyeon (aka HAKU) was co-composer of New Days (that also had Dami lyrics and composing).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pepper7 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 01:37
Guest wrote:
Do you guys know this lesbian couple? They're friends with SuA and in this new vlog they said they went shopping with Sua and she gifted them the hoodies theyre wearing
They are not just friends with Sua. They are also friends with Dami, and actually one of them, Chahyeon (aka HAKU) was co-composer of New Days (that also had Dami lyrics and composing).
Da
This is honestly really cool (and kinda sus - but that's just me). Have the members themselves ever mention them before?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 18:45
Pepper7 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 01:37
Guest wrote:
Da
This is honestly really cool (and kinda sus - but that's just me). Have the members themselves ever mention them before?
Chohyeon is in this Dami vlog iirc

I don't remember correctly which one of two it was (Dami or Chohyeon),but one of them also posted their photo together on IG story during Maison era,as Dami invited Chohyeon on Apocalypse mini-concert.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Do you guys know this lesbian couple? They're friends with SuA and in this new vlog they said they went shopping with Sua and she gifted them the hoodies theyre wearing :wub:

I didn't know about them, it's pretty nice to have some confirmation

Actually, we've been hearing for a long time that both SuA and Dami move in a queer circle or have at least a few openly queer friends, but I personally never saw anything really confirmed about SuA. I heard about it, but nobody gave any names so I never saw it as anything more than a rumour
It's a bit unexpected, but Dami is more showy with her friends, so we know more or less the type of people she gets along with and also the vibes she go for in media (she's subtle, but she had shown interest in a sus amount of content from queer artists or just plain queer content, and a lot of her friends are either queer or have some fruity vibes)
SuA however is really private, not like she hides it but she isn't the type to share names or give clear clues about who she's talking about; except for S3ungye0n, S0ye0n, 3una and the other friend I don't remember right now, random people from random backgrounds pops up once in a while sharing that she gifted them something or texted them, or someone slips up and we learn they know each other for years, and someone later gets a short confirmation from her. Her interests in artists also have such a big range and randomness that it's kind of hard to know if she's influenced in some way

It's not like a really big clue about their own orientation, but it's still a bit sus, and it's entertaining to see
Anyways, they are genuinely supportive of the community, and it's always nice to see it